PDA

View Full Version : My roots feel icky...

PossibleMermaid
March 15th, 2013, 08:43 PM
So I've been successfully CO for a while now, around six months, but all of a sudden my roots are just gross. I do BS and ACV every few days, but it's rather drying. I condition when I do it, and more often if necessary. I occasionally use a little mousse, just because my roots have zero volume for some reason and the rest of my hair has a ton, rendering me some sort of clown-beast. They just feel GROSS and look flat, but not greasy. Thoughts?

melusine963
March 16th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Hmm, a photo would help. What looks 'gross' to you may not seem so to other people.

fungo
March 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
So I've been successfully CO for a while now, around six months, but all of a sudden my roots are just gross. I do BS and ACV every few days, but it's rather drying. I condition when I do it, and more often if necessary. I occasionally use a little mousse, just because my roots have zero volume for some reason and the rest of my hair has a ton, rendering me some sort of clown-beast. They just feel GROSS and look flat, but not greasy. Thoughts?

Possiblemermaid, I love your description of your hair, mine also looks shaggy. I did CO washing before I cut my hair and my roots looked flat and waxy. Have you changed conditioners, I noticed different results from different ones. My organic one was too heavy.

jacqueline101
March 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I agree maybe you need a product change.

Macaroni
March 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Try a clarifying shampoo, you may have buildup.

Suze2012
March 16th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Looking at where your wave/curl starts in your piccie I think it's just the way your hair is.
Mine is quite flat on top and begins to curl lower down the hair shaft like yours does,

Last time I had a cut (December) she didn't cut my layers back as much as I like which has flattened it out more on top.

I have found that co washing makes the top less full but it doesn't really bother me much as it's so much bouncier and healthier.

Does the mousse you use a little of have cones in though? You might need a clarify.

There are hair clips a bit like bulldog/claw clips which are made to make your roots lift whilst drying but I don't know the name of them...
I'm sure someone here does.