PDA

View Full Version : Scalp going bananas.... need ideas please u.u

NoRush
March 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
So, the thing is basically that my scalp is out of control :rant:, normally I have a few chronic outbreaks of sebhorreic dermatitis on my head (between one and three at any given time, which sucks on its own, btw) but the problem is, the past two weeks I'm having a very unsightly and itching and all around bothersome problem all over my head. Suddenly, no warning, the flakiness takes over my head, one moment it's all good, two hours later I have to wash my head because it drives me crazy :agape:

There reason a for this as far as I can tell is that I've been going to the gym almost every day so my head gets inevitably sweaty. Usually on the days I don't do cardio, and therefore sweat less, I don't wash but I think I have to start doing daily rinses at least.

So here come my questions: how do you think I can protect my hair from this necessary increased aggression? Do you know of any scalp treatments tat could help with the flakiness?

(WO rinses are out of the question, I've tried those before and the scalp does not like, it brings out the big guns, blood and the works:rolleyes:)

Thanks in advance :magic:

fortymiletown
March 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Well I've had scalp psoriasis for a while, and I find that using Betnovate when I get a bad break out helps, hurts like crazy but works. I also regularly use a shampoo called Alphosyll. I get these both on prescription but I think you can buy Alphosyll over the counter, not sure about Betnovate, it's strong stuff. When these things fail I will attempt to rub Daktacort cream into my scalp, but it's tricky with all this hair. I would recommend going to a GP first though. Hope this helps.

NoRush
March 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Well I've had scalp psoriasis for a while, and I find that using Betnovate when I get a bad break out helps, hurts like crazy but works. I also regularly use a shampoo called Alphosyll. I get these both on prescription but I think you can buy Alphosyll over the counter, not sure about Betnovate, it's strong stuff. When these things fail I will attempt to rub Daktacort cream into my scalp, but it's tricky with all this hair. I would recommend going to a GP first though. Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I've gone to my GP several times about this problem, his solution (he's a dermatologist) was to give me a different shampoo/topic treatment every time, which I used for several months to nil results.

Perhaps I sould point out that this state on my head is temporary and inconvenient more than painful, it's happened before and it goes away if I wash everyday, my concern is to protect my hair from the constant wetting and maybe get to loosen up the flakes to wash them away.

gonzobird
March 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
When my scalp was angry, (from getting my hair colored and using chemical/synthetic shampoos) what helped me more than anything was switching to natural shampoo, with every ingredient I could read, and oiling my scalp with jojoba and a few drops of neem oil the night before I wash. Neem oil cleared up all the itchiness and flakiness. I think neem oil is key to helping scalp issues clear up. T
hat and laying off all chemical stuff.

fortymiletown
March 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Maybe even try rubbing olive oil into the scalp, super moisturizing

Ravenwind
March 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Try using coconut oil on your scalp. It combats dryness/flakes and dandruff :)

DinaAG
March 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
i got sebhorreic dermatitis and i workout daily my routine is:
daily washing only the roots with few drops of rainforest body shop silicone-sulfate-paraben free shampoo and the rest just the water falling
each 4 or 5 days with selsun blue in exchange with nizoral
do NOT put oil near ur scalp it will feed the cause of sebhorreic dermatitis
i oil my length heavily with EVOO or coconut oil
hope that can help

lapushka
March 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM
The only treatment that does me some good is Nizoral shampoo (2%). That's it. Anything else just goes wrong, but this does the trick and clears everything up nicely in just a few weeks. Usually, the itching is the first thing that goes (almost instantaneously), and the flakes lessen with each use of the shampoo. You have to let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing, if you don't do that, it doesn't work. You have to follow the instructions to a T.