PDA

View Full Version : I got my hair trimmed, and did a toner :3 (pics)

bradlea
March 13th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Hello guys :3 just wanted to show off my new haircut I got yesterday. I'm sad that some length had to be taken off of course, but the ends were so straggly that I am glad I had it cut! As I've said elsewhere on the forum, my layers were just what happened when I brushed my dreads out and cut them off where the virgin hair ended and the colored hair began. It looked alright, but was weird and super uneven. Pictures time!

Here it is before, also my sigpic

http://i45.tinypic.com/2q9hudw.jpg

And here it is now, after I washed it again to see what it looked like without the salon products and styling she had done. It was my former cosmetology school teacher doing it, so I let her do her thing :] Also, I had washed it that morning too, forgetting that of course they'd be washing it in the salon. So my hair got washed three times yesterday. Good thing I don't use sulfates or my hair would be pretty tired!

http://i50.tinypic.com/29qoady.jpg

I like the shape a lot, and although it looks much shorter than it did from the front (my boyfriend disagrees, maybe haircut dysmorphia or some shizz haha) I'm happy about how much thicker it looks, and how it seems to have made my curls nicer.

I also used a blue-violet toner over my color because it was a little too warm for me, and I had some orangey spots from a somewhat failed sun-in experiment last summer.

Here is what the color looked like before:

http://i47.tinypic.com/24y342a.jpg

and immediately after! This was before the cut, by the way. It has lightened up some, and more of my natural highlights are showing through, but the oranginess is still perfectly covered. I love it, I feel like it looks like how my hair is supposed to look. Plz excuse my weirdo face.

http://i46.tinypic.com/3589w04.jpg

So thanks for letting me be excited about my hair! :D I thought I'd post because I absolutely love seeing what other people are doing with their hair, so I thought someone out there might enjoy seeing what I'm doing with mine. Bye :D

AngryVikingGirl
March 13th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Really pretty! The color is nice and love the waves!

Naiadryade
March 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM
She did a great job with the trim! Your hair looks a lot thicker now, you're right. And I love your wurls! And also your weirdo face.

akilina
March 13th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Very nice! Its amazing what a little toning can do for your hair :)

If you liked the effect, and wanted to experiment at home I highly recommend trying Manic panics "Virgin Snow" :o

bradlea
March 13th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Really pretty! The color is nice and love the waves!

She did a great job with the trim! Your hair looks a lot thicker now, you're right. And I love your wurls! And also your weirdo face.

Thanks you guys! :3 Yeah, the reason I went to her was because I know I can trust her to take off as little as possible.

Very nice! Its amazing what a little toning can do for your hair :)

If you liked the effect, and wanted to experiment at home I highly recommend trying Manic panics "Virgin Snow" :o

Yeah, I actually should have made it clear that I did do it myself, at home! I used a Wella toner with a 10vol developer because I don't want to deal with maintaining it in the future. Hopefully it is still similar enough to my natural color that I won't have to do it again. I decided to take slightly more of a damage hit using the Wella than less damage using Virgin Snow, because I have really healthy hair, and when I've used Virgin Snow in the past, it looks great, but doesn't last long.
Thank you!

aspartame gram
March 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
It definitely looks thicker! That's the tricky part about growing out layers sometimes. It was still lovely before, but I agree that your stylist helped with the style. I'm approaching the point where I need my hair trimmed... Hrm.

The toner came out great! The warm color looked pretty too, so no worries there. Hopefully it does last. Congrats!

jacqueline101
March 13th, 2013, 08:42 PM
It looks wonderful.

bradlea
March 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
It definitely looks thicker! That's the tricky part about growing out layers sometimes. It was still lovely before, but I agree that your stylist helped with the style. I'm approaching the point where I need my hair trimmed... Hrm.

The toner came out great! The warm color looked pretty too, so no worries there. Hopefully it does last. Congrats!

Thank you! I love your avatar, also :3 very cute.

It looks wonderful.

Thank you so much! :blossom:

Medievalmaniac
March 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
It looks SO soft in the after pictures, are you having trouble keeping your hands out of it? I know I would be playing with it non-stop if it felt as soft as it looks! :)

MiaBeth
March 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
It's amazing what a little trim can do -- it has more shape and def. looks thicker. Nice!

bradlea
March 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
It's amazing what a little trim can do -- it has more shape and def. looks thicker. Nice!

Thanks so much :3

It looks SO soft in the after pictures, are you having trouble keeping your hands out of it? I know I would be playing with it non-stop if it felt as soft as it looks! :)

:D Thank you! Actually, I have the type of hair that is so soft that it gets really flat and is so, so slippery. I can hardly use any conditioner, even the lightest, most natural conditioners, without my hair going completely flat and slippy. So I guess I am used to my soft hair :] It's always nice to be reminded that someone else appreciates what I take for granted, though!

kidari
March 15th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I completely enjoyed your post :D. My favorite was seeing the cut from the front. I love the layers around your face, she did a fantastic job!

Fairlight63
March 15th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I can't see the pictures & I wonder why? I am logged in. I am using Firefox. Did she remove them?

Isilme
March 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
That sure looks lovely! Much better now when it is more even, and you have fresh ends! That always feels great.

bradlea
March 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I can't see the pictures & I wonder why? I am logged in. I am using Firefox. Did she remove them?

Hmm, I haven't removed them, and it looks like Isilme could see them! I'm not sure what the problem is :[

By the way, Kidari, the picture from the front is actually of my old layers! I could upload a picture onto this thread of a new picture showing the front soon though ^_^