PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Halo Shampoo?

PetuniaBlossom
March 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I used Halo shampoo when I was a little girl (a looonnng time ago) and to this day I remember how delicious it smelled. My hair had this lovely scent for days. And there was also a shampoo called Lustre-Creme - it came in a jar and also had a pretty scent. Are there any other shampoos you remember from childhood that aren't around any more?

Macaroni
March 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I remember Halo! "Halo everybody, Halo".
It was dark blue IIRC. I used it in high school.

When I was younger, Mom used Prell in the tube on my hair.

I remember Tame creme rinse and pink DippityDo.

embee
March 13th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I remember Halo and Lustre-Creme. :)

And Breck - those pretty ads with the lovely hair, so soft looking. Mine never looked so good. But I don't recall that Breck smelled good. Also there was something called Blondex that my mom was eager to use on my hair - a shampoo for lightening hair; see mom wanted a blonde girlchild and my hair was turning brown! We all used Prell at camp - it came in a tube and we squeezed it out like bright green toothpaste! We washed our hair in the lake on Saturday so we had lovely clean hair for Sunday. :)

I am so old that I remember Tangee Natural lipstick - that had a good smell and changed color on my lips (it was bright orange in the tube!). And the amazing blue bottles of Evening In Paris perfume (which I didn't care for but the bottles were a lovely color).

Avon made a honeysuckle scent that I enjoyed a great deal. Do they still make those cream perfumes? I haven't seen any Avon stuff in years!

ellen732
March 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I remember Breck shampoo and cream rinse. I used to love the smell of Agree shampoo and Body on Tap shampoo.

irisheyes
March 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I was a Breck girl. We used Prell as a family shampoo, but my mom bought Breck shampoo and creme rinse just for me when I was a young teen. That creme rinse was like a miracle for my long hair. Thanks, Mom!

In2wishin
March 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I remember Halo and Lustre-Creme. :)

And Breck - those pretty ads with the lovely hair, so soft looking. Mine never looked so good. But I don't recall that Breck smelled good. Also there was something called Blondex that my mom was eager to use on my hair - a shampoo for lightening hair; see mom wanted a blonde girlchild and my hair was turning brown! We all used Prell at camp - it came in a tube and we squeezed it out like bright green toothpaste! We washed our hair in the lake on Saturday so we had lovely clean hair for Sunday. :)

I am so old that I remember Tangee Natural lipstick - that had a good smell and changed color on my lips (it was bright orange in the tube!). And the amazing blue bottles of Evening In Paris perfume (which I didn't care for but the bottles were a lovely color).

Avon made a honeysuckle scent that I enjoyed a great deal. Do they still make those cream perfumes? I haven't seen any Avon stuff in years!

You can still get Tangee lipstick http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Health_&_Beauty/Skin_&_Body_Care/Cosmetics/Tangee_Lipstick/61436;jsessionid=57E1E7685CB285C643C32F0813C40F94. vcs-app-12-p-app2

I remember Breck shampoo. they also had a cream rinse my mom used on me in the winter to combat flyaways. It was pink and concentrated. You put a capful in a glass of water and poured in on the hair, then rinsed.

kpzra
March 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Don't they still sell Breck? I thought I remember seeing some the other day.