PDA

View Full Version : Eek, 5 inches gone!

BelleBot
March 13th, 2013, 03:40 AM
My hair was in desperate need of a trim, so I cut off around 4-5 inches the other day. It feels so short! That's nearly a year of growth gone. So I'm back to classic length, I was at thigh length before but with wispy ends.

However I've just re dyed it back to my pinky red colour from the gingery red it had faded to and I feel much better about it, plus the ends are nice and neat. I would take a photo but I've got bun waves so the neat ends are lost.

Has anyone else recently done what seems like a big cut?

hmmruka
March 13th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Not yet but I will be soon. I know I need to cut off 4 or 5 inches to neaten up and I'm really close to tailbone I think. Half the time I'm excited about the thought of a good hair cut and I think I won't be as self conscious about my ends as I am now, the other half of the time I worry that I will be upset. I'm sure your hair looks great and your ends will be much thicker when your hair grows back:)

faellen
March 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM
It's amazing how much better trimming can make you feel, isn't it? I trimmed only about an inch of damaged ends in December and I'm glad I did so.

woolyleprechaun
March 13th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I yo-yo between elation ('look how neat my hem is! Look how thick it looks now!') to despair ('Why did I do it? Thats MONTHS wasted! It feels so short!')..... Triiming is such a bitter-sweet experience :/

Marcellaa
March 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM
The hairdresser cut 1 inch a month ago, and I'm really happy with it, my ends were messy and I hate messy ends. It also feels more healthy

Jenny31557
March 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I cut 1 and a half inches in December. They were really thin ends but luckily for me I got a growth spurt after the trim so I didn't miss the length for too long and they are a little thicker. I still need to cut maybe 1 or 2 inches to get rid of the wispyness. I don't want to do it all at once because I wear my hair up all the time, so the only one who sees my ends is me and I try not to let it bother me too much.

jacqueline101
March 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I've had 3 inches cut off last summer didn't want it done good thing my hair grows.

Phalaenopsis
March 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I haven't yet, but I'm probably about to.

juliaxena
March 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yes, I had to cut back to APL not so long ago. THAT is short...

jeanniet
March 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I've cut 5 or 6 inches off in the past couple of months, from about BCL to waist. I'm actually really happy with it. I just wasn't enjoying the length, and it really bugs me if my ends aren't in perfect shape. I still have a split here and there, but very few, and I like this length much better. It actually dries in less than a day! If I decide I want to grow it out again, I can regain the length in a year or less.

Feli
March 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I had 4 inches chopped off and some face-framing layers cut in last weekend. I've spent about 2 years plucking up the courage to have a different hairstyle than the "all one length" I've had for my entire life! It's now just past BSL and I'm really enjoying the layers (just round the face not in the length, so I haven't really lost any thickness). It was much less scary than I thought and I'm enjoying how much softer my up-dos are looking.

mermaid-nina
March 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'm seriously considering taking off about three inches. I'm at MBL now, aiming for waist. But I've been getting really wound up that every time I trim, my hair splits again. Until I remembered my supposedly trained as a hairdresser friend - I never knew her as a hairdresser, just had her word that she was trained - completely wrecking my hair about 4 and a half years ago. She was meant to be highlighting it, only had enough to do one side (even though I told her to get double what she expected as my hair is fine but plentiful) and when she was supposed to be matching up the other side, did the whole lot!! Again with me telling her to just do the bits she hadn't first time around. I had the most awful shade of yellow hair, with white blonde bits - not even streaks, just random bits. So by my calculations, the last few inched would be from then. I dyed it back to my natural colour afterwards, guess it held on well due to how stripped it was.

leslissocool
March 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I did! I took 6 inches off (from almost classic to hip, I have a tiny butt). It was v shaped, and I decided I wanted all the layers gone.

I'm happy about the ends, but my hair feels so short :(.

Latte Lady
March 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
My hair was knee and I recently knocked off eight inches to hit classic. Spent nearly a week in shock I think. My braid just wasn't there for me to grab anymore! Feels kinda naked. Still not used to it really. I keep finger combing it and telling my family, "It's just so short!" As if hair past my butt is nothing!
It was a good thing for me, however, as I can now play with several hair toys that were too beautiful to get rid of but wasn't able to use. I can also do a few more hairstyles now. I can also simply enjoy wearing my hair down. Anytime I want. With knee length I had to plan when I wanted to wear it down and then I spent that time keeping it from getting caught on things.