PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Hair Thickness

pixietail
March 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM
So, I was wondering if someone could give me some insight into my problem - my hair is much thicker on the right side than the left, especially in the front. In the back it's not that bad, but in the front I can't part it on the right or my scalp shows through sometimes. Anyone have anything like that?

After wracking and wracking my brain, I can only think of two things that miiight, maybe, be causing the discrepancy. First, for as long as I can remember (almost thirty some years now), I've had this habit of twirling my hair. But because my right hand is usually busy while my left hand is free, it's usually the left side of the head that gets the twirls. Could the twirling be stimulating the scalp somehow?

Second, I almost always sleep on my right side. Even when I'm sleeping on my back, my head is usually turned to the right. Could sleeping on the right all the time be making my hair break off or become thinner or something?

Has anyone else had problems like this? What did you find helped? If I could just get my right side to catch up to the left then I'd have a fairly decent head of hair again.

UltraBella
March 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM
It's very common for hair to be thicker on one side than the other, it may just be a natural occurrence on your scalp. My right side is thicker than my left.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 12th, 2013, 10:07 PM
My right side is thicker than my left too, I don't know why, I do sleep a lot on my right side a lot, maybe the extra warmth on that side makes the difference? But it's just a wild guess. I think everyone has differences between one side of their bodies and the other.

dulce
March 12th, 2013, 10:33 PM
My right side is also thicker.

audreyk94
March 14th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I noticed this in myself today.

Best bet would be to use castor oil or other means of thickening, or to embrace your natural imperfections :)

cranberrymoonz
March 14th, 2013, 04:26 AM
maybe just part the hair on the right. Nobody will notice it then, I figure. Good luck!