PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to post :)

floralgem
March 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yesterday marked the day I first used a cone free, sulfate free shampoo+conditioner! It's a new one from L'Oreal (here it is http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/LOreal-EverCreme-Sulfate-Free-Moisture-System-Nourishing-Shampoo?skuId=869152) and I got the conditioner and hair product. I did a CWC, and though my hair frizzed today due to the rain that happened in New York, my hair felt great, even though I can't see the difference until I use it for a few weeks. But the reason I'm posting is because of some funny hair advice I saw in my Seventeen yesterday. There were some good points, like not rinsing your hair with hot water and not using products with alcohol, but it said to use cones , and one of the tips for growing your hair out was to use better heat tools because "they're more powerful, so that will reduce styling time, which will reduce damage." Uhh......It also had treatments like a banana paste, a recipe for an organic shampoo, a mouthwash rinse (??), a rose oil mask, and an avocado treatment...Thoughts?

jasper
March 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I believe in the bananas and avocados. Bananas are a key in the "caramel treatment" you can read about around here sometimes. But I would rather eat the avocados! But I have made a hair treatment using one that got too overripe.

goldloli
March 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Bananas are my fave treatment in terms of results (i use ultra high end masks through to low end) but they are so damn hard to wash out. I tried blending with water or conditioner and sieving and still the pith stuff was stuck in my hair. Such epic results though. cones are fine to use if your hair is better with them and you use something to make sure they dont build up. avocado was lame for me too.

Naiadryade
March 12th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Uhh......It also had treatments like a banana paste, a recipe for an organic shampoo, a mouthwash rinse (??), a rose oil mask, and an avocado treatment...Thoughts?

Most of this part, at least, sounds good. Except for rinsing your hair with mouthwash, that sounds crazy. Banana, oils of all kinds, and avocado are all considered good moisturizing treatments for hair. What's their recipe for organic shampoo?

TheMechaGinger
March 13th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Some people do fabulous with cones (me included), I wouldn't count them out just because some people say they're evil. The thing about haircare is experimenting and finding out what works the best for you, it just takes practice. Though I do have to agree, mouthwash sounds crazy.

leslissocool
March 13th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Yeah some do really good with cones, my hair does. It does even better CO washing, but it loses its volume and it gets itchy and with dandruff so I use shampoo.

The heat tip... No heat means less damage. No matter how expensive, ceramic or not. I had expensive ones, what they mean is you don't have to go through a bunch of times to get results which is better, but high heat tools should be left to people trained to use them.

floralgem
March 13th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Most of this part, at least, sounds good. Except for rinsing your hair with mouthwash, that sounds crazy. Banana, oils of all kinds, and avocado are all considered good moisturizing treatments for hair. What's their recipe for organic shampoo?

The recipe actually sounds pretty cool. Here it is

-1/2 cup stilled water

-2 oz. liquid castile soap

-4 tsp. dried mint

-1 tsp dried sage

-2/3 cup regular shampoo