PDA

View Full Version : Can I spot-treat with monistat/daktarin?

Bagginslover
March 12th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I really want to give daktarin a try (don't have monistat here, its the same active ingredient though ;) ).

I particularly want to try to grow the hair in front of my ears (so its long enough to reach my updos), Does it work on small areas like that, or does applying in small areas affect the whole head?

If it worked on those areas, I would be interested to use it more widely to see if it would aid my growing out layers (I've a tendancy towards impatience that I'm barely containing where my hair is concerned ;) ), but to begin, I'd love to speed along those shorter patches.

Much love.

Bagginslover
March 13th, 2013, 03:33 AM
No-one? :(

metricfuture
March 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM
I seem to remember that someone on the boards did try this once with castor oil, and she had some success. I can't find it now, though. It couldn't hurt to try it, but if those areas just have a short terminal (the hair in front of my ears craps out at collar bone no matter what) then it might not help much. Let us know if it works for you!

Mesmerise
March 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I see nothing wrong with giving it a shot! Mind you I agree with metricfuture that those bits of hair may have a short terminal. The bits of hair above my ears have a SUPER short terminal that means they are never quite long enough to stay in updos even :rolleyes:

Bagginslover
March 13th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Mine are currently just an inch long, if I could even just double that I'd be happier ;)
Thank you for the replies :)