PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying and chelating brought my wurls back! :D

Thinthondiel
March 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I've been struggling with velcro ends lately, which has caused my hair to tangle and split a lot. Moisturising didn't help, so I figured I'd try clarifying and chelating, and I ordered the Joico chelating shampoo, which does both.

It's too soon to tell if it's gotten rid of the velcro effect (my hair usually feels okay on day 1 of washing), but I'm thrilled to see that my wurls have returned. I'd begun to wonder if I could even call myself a 2c anymore... well, I guess I can. :D

Of course, I've moisturised my hair really well after I washed it, more than I usually do, but since moisturising usally makes my hair straighter, I doubt it's the moisture that's doing it.

Redhead Rebel
March 11th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Oo I have the same problem, must buy chelating shampoo. Any pics of the difference?

melusine963
March 12th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I second the call for pics. :)

WaitingSoLong
March 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I love my Joico shampoo. It usually fixes my velcroe ends right up.

Moisture makes my hair curlier. If I want stick straight hair I don't condition after I wash. Hard to detangle but makes REALLY straight hair.

cathair
March 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I would like to see some pics too :) Thanks for the name of a chelating shampoo. I've haven't found any of those yet, will look that up :)

Moonfall
March 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I have never tried clarifying my hair, but I've read so many good things about it on this forum! I really want to try it! I went to the local drugstore today, but there was only one clarifying shampoo I could find, which was pretty expensive. :(

Thinthondiel
March 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I don't really takes photos of my hair (or myself) often, so I don't have a 'before' picture to compare with, plus my hair wasn't completely dry when I went to bed last night, so I slept on the wurls and they didn't look good anymore this morning, so I brushed my hair. =/ I found one wurl that seemed to have survived the brushing somewhat, though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Thinthondiel/4257582a-318a-4fff-8571-35d26ba7f9f9.jpg

It's not much, but it's all I have in way of pics. :p

Moonfall
March 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Thinthondiel, I want to thank you for creating this thread! Thanks to your experience, I decided to buy the clarifying shampoo and it has brought back my wurls too!:D

HylianGirl
March 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'm glad it works for you, my wulrs have been straightening a lot latelly, I think it's because of the length of my hair...

Also, sorry for my noobness, but what is chelating?

Ambystoma
March 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Just adding my love for the Joico K-pak chelating shampoo, I use it every 4 washes or so and it keeps my hair silky and accepting moisture, I find if I get too much mineral build up it gets dry and no amount of tlc will fix it (especially the ends) - if you live anywhere that you notice white build up on your taps and the inside of your kettle then I think it will make a really nice difference :)