PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathic long-haired models?

LakeofGlass
March 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Before I begin: I couldn't think of a better title. :P I should call it "Models using Natural hair care methods," now that I think about it.

I tried to look up professional models who use non "commercial" products with their hair yet are still successful. My search, on the other hand, has proven unsuccessful.

Over the years I had entertained the idea of modeling, but after I decided to forsake all chemicals, I let the idea die. At some point I had done my own stock/resource modeling for art, which is what made me consider modeling. But the other day I had started to wonder if there were any models who were known for working while not allowing their hair to be touched by products that typically hurt the long term care of long hair.

Therefore, when I say homeopathic, I mean using old school remedies that most here on LHC use. As I had done my research, I have seen that most models tend to be at the mercy of a hair stylist that was hired by the client, or are stuck following the latest trends which include lots of flat-ironing, daily washing, dying, and tons of hairspray. At best, I would at least want to know that modeling without hair chemical-based products can be done.

And then I may find out that I could be too short for anything other than fine art photographers. ;)

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
According to your aviator picture why don't you model hair care products. Your hair looks nice.

Katze
March 12th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Um, homeopathy is its own theory and belief system. Look here for an overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

You might try searching for 'natural hair care models' or something; perhaps rephrasing your search will help?

kitekats
March 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Oh, I also haven't heard of any celebrities or models using natural haircare products and always wondered why, but maybe because there aren't any:confused:

FireFromWithin
March 12th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Perhaps it is because the stylists mostly use conventional products. By their very nature models are expected to follow trends and often the client will want a certain "look", this would include hair. The stylist probably wouldn't know any non-chemical ways to get the look the client wanted (not having seen this board) and would proceed to fry the model's hair into oblivion. After all the stylist and client don't have to worry about the longevity of the model's hair condition since they only need it to look good for their photo shoot. (this is all of course speculation since I have no knowledge of modelling beyond next top model).
Celebs are expected to follow trends which change too fast to keep up without chemicals normally. And since everyone else's look relies on chemicals and destroying their hair, they follow along.

LakeofGlass
March 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Um, homeopathy is its own theory and belief system. Look here for an overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

You might try searching for 'natural hair care models' or something; perhaps rephrasing your search will help?

Yeah... I wasn't sure what to call it here, lol. But 'natural hair care models' is what I looked up.

I know that because of the latest trends and all, it's virtually impossible to give clients what they want without using something chemical based. Plus, modeling hair care products would be a bit of a lie if the model didn't use those products to begin with. Granted, most are a lie since there are hair extensions used and the model probably has her own regimen that doesn't involve those products to begin with!

But I couldn't help wondering if any existed at all, who became successful with it. You know, using natural shampoo, like the bars many of us use. Or using natural oils for conditioning, things like that.