PDA

View Full Version : Uneven hair growth?

Magalo
March 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I got all :confused: when I looked closely at my roots yesterday.

I use henna so I can clearly how much growth I get. To my surprise, my temple seemed to have gained 1/4" or less in the last four weeks. Bangs got about 1/2", and some hair way farther back seemed to grow closer to the usual 3/4". It's weird how it differs so much!

Anybody else? :p

rtree721
March 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM
My hair naturally grows in a V. The back of my head grows alot faster than the front.

rowie
March 11th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'll join. For some reason my blunt trim grew out to be a half moon. For now, I think i'll avoid blunt trims until I can maintain at my goal, which is classic.

bradlea
March 11th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I have to trim the hair right behind my ears constantly because it grows so much faster than the rest of my hair that it looks ridiculous and turns into an inverted v. I wish the rest of my hair grew as fast :[

ravenreed
March 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM
One side of my hair grows much faster than the other. One reason I trim so often is to make sure that the right side and left are the same length!

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I think my bangs grow faster then the rest.

Cheele
March 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Haha well, I don't particularly notice any exceptional unevenness except these little sections on each side of my head. They grow more than double what the rest of my hair grows - and I measure 3/4 an inch of growth every month. The only reason I see them is because every other/every two months I use Feye's method to self trim a V hemline, and on each side - I cut the same way every time - there's a little bit that's super long compared to everything else haha. So yeah, that's how I notice :p . And unfortunately, it's a part of my hair I like to cut off. I think my hair grows naturally more on the blunt side as opposed to anything else, though.

cwarren
March 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
The right side grows faster than the left for me. There are all kinds of theories about why hair doesn't grow evenly; it depends on which side you sleep on the most, whether you're left or right handed, etc. None of those held up for me and nothing I tried made the left side grow any faster, so I chalked it up to genetics and just take a little more off the right whenever I trim :)