PDA

View Full Version : Learning Experience

Mandie
March 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM
So I have a lot of wine glasses, and I enjoy drinking wine in the shower :bottomsup: (a holdover from my college days, when my friends drank a beer in the shower just because it was fun, a habit I adopted once I started enjoying wine). I left a glass behind one day and during my next shower realized it was PERFECT for an ACV rinse.

Tonight I used it to mix my baking soda/ACV clarifying mix for the first time...

And as I put the baking soda box down outside the shower (did I mention I didn't think to do this before I was in the shower? That must be important information) I stepped back, the glass caught on the curtain, and slid right out of my hand. It landed on my foot and burst into about a thousand pieces in my tub.

So, hey, learning experience -- using a wine glass in the shower when it involves anything more than fill-pour-put down = bad idea.

Anyone else managed to accomplish something this obviously unwise? I'm off to go try to clean the pieces out of my shower.:justy:

Kaelee
March 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Glad you didn't get hurt!!! That's totally LOL worthy. :lol:

Mandie
March 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Glad you didn't get hurt!!! That's totally LOL worthy. :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :lol:

lydiajo
March 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
BTDT which is why there is a no glass in the shower rule at my house.

SerinaDaith
March 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
A glass of wine and a warm bath was a long standing favorite of mine. For me my story includes pain, I had whole cloves cold pressing into coconut oil for general antiseptic/perfume and the jar fell and broke. As I was cleaning up a needle point shard drove into my pinky to the bone. It hurt for a moment then went warm and tingly. The removal of the shard required a lot of swearing and needle ended tweasers.

In2wishin
March 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM
You might want to wear flip flops in the shower for the next few times. Those glass shards can be sneaky and hang around.

Mandie
March 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
I rinsed my SMT without flip-flops, but I also spent like ten minutes gently wiping my shower down multiple times with a paper towel after removing what I could acquire so it seems to have worked out. I am definitely surprised I didn't get cut, I had a few people be like "so, you cut?" and I was like "surprisingly not."

Mommyof4
March 10th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I'm glad you're ok!!

FireFromWithin
March 10th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I picked up a box of stake knives once without holding the bottom and they all fell out. Luckily the only one that hit me got my toe nail, which was bruised but otherwise fine. I tend to avoid taking anything glass anywhere it's likely to fall. I've still got bits of mirror from when I knocked my mirror off my desk last month. (I have a lot of stupid accidents which serve as learning experiences, but I a, essentially terminally clumsy).

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

jacqueline101
March 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I second the flip flops and I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

Naiadryade
March 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Glad you didn't get hurt, but this caught my eye:

Tonight I used it to mix my baking soda/ACV clarifying mix for the first time...

Maybe this isn't what you meant, but you shouldn't use baking soda and ACV in the same glass!! They fizz because there is a chemical reaction happening--which changes both of the molecules, so they no longer do what they are meant to do on your hair (which is clarify for baking soda, pH correction etc for ACV). Not to mention, if the reaction is happening ON your hair, I would think it's possible that some of the molecules of your hair could end up getting caught in the reaction and torn apart a bit... shudder: The proper way to use BS and ACV is to dilute the BS in plenty of water, use that on your hair, rinse well with water, and then follow with a rinse of well-diluted ACV.

mzBANGBANG
March 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I do a lot of vinegar rinses, and once dropped the glass bottle in the shower, ugh! It's funny that that experience is now my criteria for buying plastic bottles of vinegar and something I consciously think about at the grocery store. I take vinegar baths too, so there's always a bottle in there.

Mandie
March 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe this isn't what you meant, but you shouldn't use baking soda and ACV in the same glass!!

-guilty look- Whoops. I had no idea. I've never clarified before and I read "ACV and baking soda" and assumed the two together was the trick. It sure made my hair all dry and scraggly which is what I figured I was going for. xDD It feels AWESOME after I added the SMT on top at least.

Naiadryade
March 10th, 2013, 09:36 AM
:laugh: Well I'm glad the SMT helped! I guess it's a learning experience of all sorts, hm?

AspenSong
March 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I literally did almost this exact thing! I had a glass glass in the bathroom that I'd been drinking some Moscato wine out of during a bubble bath. The next day I was clarifying and I put my baking soda in said glass because it was there and handy and of course, partway through smooshing my BS and Condish mix into my hair, it slipped and dropped and ended up in about a million pieces. I had to call hubby in to help me out of the shower because I was afraid to step anywhere because I can't see without my glasses on. It was a huge mess. lol.
Hubby kept asking why I had GLASS in the shower. lol. I was going, I don't know!! It seemed like an okay idea at the time. I have not taken anything glass back in there since.

Glad you didn't get cut!! Though I will say, I'm strangely soothed knowing I'm not the only one who has done something like that....haha.

Mandie
March 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
It seemed like an okay idea at the time.

I'm strangely soothed knowing I'm not the only one who has done something like that....haha.

My thoughts exactly!

bradlea
March 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM
So I have a lot of wine glasses, and I enjoy drinking wine in the shower :bottomsup: (a holdover from my college days, when my friends drank a beer in the shower just because it was fun, a habit I adopted once I started enjoying wine). I left a glass behind one day and during my next shower realized it was PERFECT for an ACV rinse.

And as I put the baking soda box down outside the shower (did I mention I didn't think to do this before I was in the shower? That must be important information) I stepped back, the glass caught on the curtain, and slid right out of my hand. It landed on my foot and burst into about a thousand pieces in my tub.

So, hey, learning experience -- using a wine glass in the shower when it involves anything more than fill-pour-put down = bad idea.

Anyone else managed to accomplish something this obviously unwise? I'm off to go try to clean the pieces out of my shower.:justy:

I'm mostly just enjoying that you drink wine in the shower, hahaha. I might have to try that out. I have a friend who smokes cigarettes in the shower, like Joe Gideon in All That Jazz. I've never understood how he makes it work. Same with my friend who texts in the shower.

I hope you didn't get any cuts, and at least we all learned something! :D