PDA

View Full Version : Terminal length

sahiba
August 27th, 2008, 12:37 AM
What happens when one reaches her terminal length... change hair routine or something for the hair to start its regrowth again or just forget about length increase in future.

ChloeDharma
August 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM
If your hair has genuinely reached the maximum length your genetics will allow, then it just won't grow any longer.
I do think though that there are often false terminal lengths and that improving haircare/health can extend how far it will grow......i guess it's a case of working out what could be hindering it, or what could be done to extend it and try that for 6 months to see if it helps.
I would have thought my terminal length was tapering out to hiplength, but when it was like that i had suffered lots of hairloss and had chemical damage causing breakage, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed it can actually grow longer. Both my sisters had bumlength hair as children, so going by genetics my terminal length should at least be longer than that

spidermom
August 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have heard of somebody who said that her hair didn't grow at all for 10 years and thus seemed to be at terminal, then began to grow again.

I have the feeling that after I've been at terminal length for a couple of years, I'll probably cut back to BSL and layered because I had a lot of curl at that length and could wear it down whenever I felt like it.

From what I remember about you, you are sikh and don't cut hair. Is that right? Or am I confused?