PDA

View Full Version : Dry Scalp~Help!

LindainCO
March 8th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I am at a loss, although it IS March, the tail-end of winter (I hope!) and in Colorado, it
has been dry, dry, dry!

I have been using Carol's Daughter monolo (sp?) shampoo and conditioner mainly because my friend
likes them but also because I love the fragrance!

I also use Melaleuca products, but haven't seen that much help with them. My daughter loves their
shampoos, and I love the cleaning products and have seen good results with Tea Tree Oil as a disinfectant and healing agent, but
not sure how to use in on my scalp or if there is something better?

I apologize if this has been posted many times, but I didn't see any threads~

rock007junkie
March 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
The following things usually help me.
-If your scalp is flaky do a brown sugar scrub. You can either add some olive oil or my personal favorite, conditioner
-I find that oiling my scalp for a couple of hours at least before you wash helps tremendously. I recently added castor oil to my oil mix and this worked really well. This week I haven't had any issues with dryness so I'll keep castor oil in my routine.

katiebeans
March 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I started to suffer from a really dry, flaky scalp at the beginning of winter that made my hair look gross. I squeezed aloe out of my aloe plant and massaged it real good into my scalp. I let it sit for an hour or so and then washed it out. Worked wonders! You can also try oils such as coconut.

leilasahhar
March 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi! I use a mist called Redwood Roots..it has tea tree oil in it, its a mixture of oils with rosewater. My scalp also gets very dry in the winter and this mist has totally changed my hair. It now feels better, moist, and is growing faster too! I like doing heavy oil treatments before I shampoo but w my busy schedule I cant be out with oil sitting on my roots so the mist is a perfect balance that gives just a little moisture but doesn't leave my roots oily looking. :)

MiaBeth
March 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Will have to try this -- my scalp's been tight/dry feeling for weeks!

Naiadryade
March 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I second castor oil. Since I've been oiling my scalp every 1-2 nights with a mix of mostly castor oil with some almond oil, a little jojoba and some essential oils, my chronically dry, flaky scalp has pretty much been cured. It only comes back if I forget to oil my scalp for 3-4 days. I find that if I oil at night, for the most part it's all absorbed by morning. Though it does start to look greasy after 3-4 oilings. I think pure castor oil absorbed a little better, in that it didn't look greasy the next day, than the mix, but that maybe the mix is a little better at making my scalp not itch--that might be the EO's.

jacqueline101
March 10th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I've been battling dry scalp where my bangs are and dry ends all over. I keep saying I'm going to mineral oil my ends but I never do.