View Full Version : Twins and different hair types

Andrea H
March 8th, 2013, 03:43 AM
I was curious if anyone else on here has a twin/knows twins, specifically identical but fraternal as well. I have an identical twin sister and our hair is a bit different. I believe we both have fine hair, but she has a lot more of it than I do. Hers has a blonder tone(same shade just a different tone if that makes sense) while mine is a bit more on the red side. Also, mine has grown drastically faster than hers, but I contribute that to me taking better care of mine(she uses heating tools a lot more than I do for one).

gillybeanxo3921
March 8th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I have a fraternal twin brother, and his hair has always been significantly blonder than mine. Interestingly enough, as we got older, our hair both got thicker and curlier! So same texture, different colors. His is a also a bit courser than mine.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/gillian3921/020_zps0c3ffce0.jpghttp://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/gillian3921/lalalallaa_zpsad763c9c.jpg

EtherealDoll
March 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I have just finished my school practice and in the 3rd grade there were two twin girls who looked exactly the same and had the same hair colour but one girl had almost straight hair while the other one had 3a/3b curls. But I have no idea if they are identical or fraternal twins.

gillybeanxo3921
March 8th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I have just finished my school practice and in the 3rd grade there were two twin girls who looked exactly the same and had the same hair colour but one girl had almost straight hair while the other one had 3a/3b curls. But I have no idea if they are identical or fraternal twins.

They were most likely fraternal because identical twins have the same exact DNA. There could be mutations, but I doubt one so dramatic!

katiebeans
March 8th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I have a fraternal twin sister, and our hair is completely opposite! When we were young, I had very fine, blonde hair while she had thick, course, dark brown hair. Nowadays my light hair has darkened to a very dirty blonde/light brown and is somewhat less fine with pretty much no texture, but my sister's hair remains thick and curly. We have always said that she gets her looks from my father's italian family and I get mine from my mother's english family :)

Hooray for twins!

Nae
March 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
My identical twin daughter have almost exactly the same hair. The only differences come from care. One goes out in the sun more therefore her hair is slightly lighter. She also is a bit rougher on her hair than her sister and likes to wear her waist length hair down all the time, so between the sun damage and the rough treatment hers has more splits, but overall they are they same. They have insanely thick hair, in my opinion. Here is a rough shot of the twin who takes a bit better care of her hair. It isn't the best I admit, but they are at school right now so I can't take a comparison shot at the moment. (I'll come back with a better picture in a few days lol.)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6227/6222413631_ccb7fb8330.jpg

Falcore
March 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I have Aunties and Uncles that are twins. My identical twin Aunties have exactly the same hair, fine,wispy and the same colour brown. My identical Uncles have had the same hair texture/colour their whole lives, though they are both are balding (exactly the same balding pattern). One has now, however, shaved it all off and the other keeps the little he has. My fraternal Aunty and Uncle are completely different; one straight, fine blonde and the other dark brown and wavy.

1nuitblanche
March 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I know a set of twins who look uncannily similar, although I couldn't tell you for sure if they are identical or fraternal, since they have some small differences - for example, one is shorter than the other, and she has straighter hair (it is still definitely wavy/wurly) while the other has curlier hair (more in the wurly/curly range). The hair differences might be due to their different cuts - the one whose hair is curlier also has shorter hair) or it could be the way that they style it.

imaroo
March 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
My father in law is a fraternal twin. He and his sister have completely different hair. Hers is fine, thin, and light brown. His is a pure white donut around the crown of his head. He also has a lot more hair poking out of the neck of his shirt.

Shebelina
March 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I know identical twin brothers and the only way to tell them apart is the colour of their hair, one has hair just a shade darker than the other. Their personalities are completely different though, so it's pretty obvious which is which once you're talking to them.

littlestarface
March 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I have a fraternal twin brother, and his hair has always been significantly blonder than mine. Interestingly enough, as we got older, our hair both got thicker and curlier! So same texture, different colors. His is a also a bit courser than mine.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/gillian3921/020_zps0c3ffce0.jpghttp://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/gillian3921/lalalallaa_zpsad763c9c.jpg

Hahaha you guys look so cute!:D

Cirafly24
March 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I have fraternal twins, but they're still just babies. Even so, they're hair is different...my boy has platinum blond hair and my girl has light brown hair. Both are still very fine, of course. I'm interested to see how it changes as they get older.