PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Macadamia Natural Oil hair care?

lovinglocks
March 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
This is the brand I'm talking about, just to specify: http://www.macadamiahair.com/

I see this stuff everywhere! I wanted to try something new for as my conditioner, I currently use Burts Bees pomegranate conditioner. I've heard of a lot of people using the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque as an every day conditioner and I wanted to give it a try, but it seems a little expensive (except for their little sample size).

Has anyone tried any of their products, specifically the Deep Repair Masque? What did you think?

Thanks in advance! :o

TheHowlingWolf
March 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I've tried the masque & it wasn't anything special on my hair. I've tried regular conditioners that were more moisturizing. It wasn't bad though, I just don't think it was worth the money for me. It smells nice though & I know a lot of people who have tried it and swear by it. So maybe you should just try the sample size first.

lovinglocks
March 5th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Awesome, thanks! I might try the sample size, but a lot of people seem to like the Organix Macadamia Oil hair mask too, so I may have to try that instead lol! I'm ust trying to change up my products :)

utdesertrunner
March 9th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I just bought some today at Wal-mart. So I will let you know how I like the shampoo and conditioner. I have used Suave forever, but just in the last few months my hair has been so dry. It seems like it needs something extra.

luckyshot
March 9th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I love this stuff! I have very fine hair and it gives me moisture without weighing my hair down or making it sticky, which can be a problem for me.

Mommyof4
March 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I've thought about it.. it sure smells wonderful!

Iolanthe13
March 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I use their hair oil when I'm using cones in my routine. It gives my fine hair shine and detangling without weighing it down too much, though I do lose some curl. I like it!

iluvlovelylocks
March 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I thought about getting it too. But I didn't want to spend the $$$ for it. So last night I went out and got the Macadamia oil from the Organix line. I believe it was around $8. It's not the greatest oil, but it's good. It makes my hair REALLY soft and shiny.

kidari
March 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I had an Ulta rewards to get their small trial size hair oil for free. Personally, I don't like the musky scent and I find the oil to be too heavy for my liking. I like fresher scents and I like oils/serums that are more lightweight. I was dying to try the hair mask that everyone raves about but was deterred by the price tag. When I found out what the leave-in oil smelled like, I think I will pass on the hair mask.

lovinglocks
March 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the input you guys :o I think this is something I will try either the sample size... or if I ever find it on sale lol!

BBdck1
March 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I use the masque once every few week. It definitely makes my hair very shiny and and silky. The down side is that since I don't usually use cone I noticed a layer of 'coating' on hair that makes it kinda stiff and not soft. I don't like that feeling and always have clarify within the next wash or 2. For the record, silicon tend to build up on my hair fairly quickly and none of my regular shampoos have sulfate.

jojo
March 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ive used the oil in the past and really liked it, however tried the curl cream and it make my hair too sticky. Always wanted to try the masque but never got round to it.

Paraply
August 14th, 2013, 02:40 AM
I have Macadamia Natural Oil deep repair mask. It smells wonderful. When I turn around a nice scent comes out of my hair =) It really does what it promises but it contains Amodimethicone (in water-soluble form) and Dimethicone... So If you avoid cones to the last point I wouldn't recommend it. Although in their website they claim that the cones they use are high quality and won't build up.

sofo
August 14th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I really like the oil. The schampo is not cleaning enough for me, maybe because its SLS-free and I really doubt it would remove build up from their own oil. I do like my SLS. The masque is good, but nothing extraordinary which I've heard others say about it.

Desideira
August 14th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I ve tried the masque, oil , shampoo and condtioner. Teh smell of oil and masque is amazing and I get compilents about how pretty it smells. The masque for ma and oil was amazing. The shampoo i didnt like because it made my scalp itchy and the rgularn condtioner is nothing special.

If the wre cheaper I woudl use the amsque and oil all the time. They left my hair so shiny , soft and smelling beautifully for two days, still they were bouncy adn with volume. Great produts .

BreeTheBoss
August 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
ive tried that stuff for a long time. im actually still using the shampoo, conditioner, and the mask in that brand. nothing special. im switching to acure shampoo/conditioner and just naturals leave in creams

BambooBeauty
August 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I just used the masque this morning. My hair is really soft and wonderful smelling. I'm only going to use it about once a month. I can't believe how much I spent on it lol. I would love to try the oil.

alexis917
August 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I loved the oil, I thought it smelled amazing!
That said, those little bottles are overpriced considering they work just as well as coconut oil does, and I've barely made a dent in my giant jar.

MINAKO
June 6th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I bought almost the entire line today as it was on offer, the masque, the healing oil, the oul spray and the leave in. I remember using the masque a long time ago. I had a small size and dont really remember if i liked it or not, also my hair was still damaged and chemically fried, so nothing would have been potent enough to entirely save it.
Im giving this another go. I used the oil spray right away as i got home and it gives incredible shine, then again i used alot of new stuff recently and my hair was already shiny from all the TLC over the past 2years. If it does turn i to a favorite i will report back, just for a detangler i would still consider it too pricey even with the discount i got.

KittyBird
June 6th, 2015, 10:15 PM
This brand is my favourite! Their Rejuvenating Shampoo is the best I've ever tried, and I have several leave-ins and a detangler/pre-styler too. Just love their stuff! I haven't tried the masque or the oil, but I definitely want to.

MINAKO
June 6th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Sounds promising Kittybird! Knowing a bit about your hair, i'm optimistic it will work for me as well. They did not sell any of the styling products unfortunately and since i CO wash i skipped the shampoo. Also i skipped the regular conditioner as i figured the mask would be a better deal to try and good leave ins are probably harder to find. so far i like the smoothing properties of the oil and the smell of the products is great. Its been a while since i bought anything that really made a noticeable difference, theres not much i can complain about these days and i guess im missing this wow sort of effect where something takes the hair to the next level.

Saproxylic
June 7th, 2015, 12:10 AM
I got my hands of a sample goody bag I think two years ago, when I had fried bleached hair, and their oil spray was a lovely coney lifesaver for when I couldn't get a comb through my cotton wool of hair. I wasn't a big fan of shampoo or condish though, and I don't think I ever tried the leave in (must be somewhere at home still, might give it a second try for science).

One amazing thing they make is their detangling oil infused rake comb! I think the oil infusion part was snake oil (hehehehe) but it was the smoothest, gentlest comb I have ever encountered (I have misplaced it somewhere, can't find it and miss it painfully)

MINAKO
June 7th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I took a bath after my last post and decided to use the masque to deep condition instead of my usual pre poo, which im not able to do in the same way right now anyways. I applied it on kinda already oily hair and added some more of the heLing oil after i distributed it, i have to say the combing part is sensational for that it is such a thick consistency and my hair started eating some of it right away and got really smooth feeling as it went into the bun. I will rinse it in the morning and then may or may not wash it, lol.
The comb sounds interesting, given that it would have to be absolutely seamless for me to buy it, oil infused ot not. U fortunately the place where i bought my products only had round brushes.
The leave in is a bit confusing, it says its texturizing AND smoothing, not sure how that would work at the same time but they are probably talking about texture definition, rather then creating more than there already is.