PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

GrowingOut
March 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
UPDATE: The Board of Education had to admit they made a mistake, and I get to go!

No moving! :D I'm in my dream school!

If you gals and guys remember, last month I posted that I got in my dream High School.

Something messed up, so now I'm on a waiting list. If I don't get in, my mom said she's going to move my sister and me, because all the bullies I said weren't going to Dream School? They're going to the school I'd have to go to. She knows I'd do anything but go there.

I hope we can fix it, because I'd have to leave my dad and kitties at my house and live in another town most of the week. :(

I just need a hug right now.

ceruleanlove
March 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM
((hugs)) I hope everything works out!

Shebelina
March 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm so sorry, I hope you can get it all sorted. :grouphug:

lunalocks
March 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Write a letter to the principal, or better yet, get an appointment and tell him/her your story in person and mostly, how that school is perfect for you and how you would benefit. Also tell him/her what you would do for the school - be it orchestra or sports or latin club or school website or whatever. (It is kind of like getting a job, now that I think of it). You could also have one of your current teachers, one you trust and admire who sees your special talents, write a letter also, on your behalf. Believe me, this can work. You want this so much. Go for it. Good luck!

My daughter was on the waiting list for her dream school - one of the best if not the best college in the country. Her chemistry teacher wrote one more letter of recommendation and she wrote one more update letter, telling them how much she wanted to attend that school. She was one of 20 who got off of a waiting list of over a thousand! So this can work.

Other options: being home schooled or taking high school courses on line through a community college or a combination.

If all else fails, you can do what I did. I took classes no low minded person would want to take. I took senior lit classes when I was a sophomore. I took 3 foreign languages. I took science classes only science nerds would think of. I did NOT take art (seen by the low lifes as easy) and the general courses if an advanced option was available. I ended up getting out of most of the classes that would be disrupted by kids who did not want to be there and that was more important than following my art dreams. I could always do that later. And I did.

I wish you well.

lunalocks
March 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
But, you wanted hugs. I am sending one big on to you.

GrowingOut
March 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Write a letter to the principal, or better yet, get an appointment and tell him/her your story in person and mostly, how that school is perfect for you and how you would benefit. Also tell him/her what you would do for the school - be it orchestra or sports or latin club or school website or whatever. (It is kind of like getting a job, now that I think of it). You could also have one of your current teachers, one you trust and admire who sees your special talents, write a letter also, on your behalf. Believe me, this can work. You want this so much. Go for it. Good luck!

My daughter was on the waiting list for her dream school - one of the best if not the best college in the country. Her chemistry teacher wrote one more letter of recommendation and she wrote one more update letter, telling them how much she wanted to attend that school. She was one of 20 who got off of a waiting list of over a thousand! So this can work.

Other options: being home schooled or taking high school courses on line through a community college or a combination.

If all else fails, you can do what I did. I took classes no low minded person would want to take. I took senior lit classes when I was a sophomore. I took 3 foreign languages. I took science classes only science nerds would think of. I did NOT take art (seen by the low lifes as easy) and the general courses if an advanced option was available. I ended up getting out of most of the classes that would be disrupted by kids who did not want to be there and that was more important than following my art dreams. I could always do that later. And I did.

I wish you well.

Thank you for the suggestions. My mom is trying to contact them, because we were sent an E-mail before that I got in hence why I was excited.

However, the Nightmare School doesn't offer much of a challenge no matter what, so if it comes down to it, the move is a better option.

And thanks for the hugs, gals.

Kyla
March 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry. :( I hope you get in, and I highly recommend the suggestions others gave you. I was bullied during middle school and understand how hard it is.

sisi33
March 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
:grouphug: Here's some more internet hugs!

teal
March 5th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Hugs! And please do update when you find out what happened. I hope it works out in your favour!!

novemberfoxtrot
March 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Another idea: does your district offers a running start program? I had several friends that I never saw at school because they took almost all their classes at the community college and got free credit that transferred to university. I wish I had done it.

FireFromWithin
March 6th, 2013, 12:50 AM
I hope you get into the school you want, it's always a nightmare waiting to see if you get your first choice.
I would just add that it's probably a bad idea to only take classes based on who is, or is not, in them. Take the classes you want/ need.
Remember, it will be over in a few years and you will never have to see any of these people again. If the high school is bigger than your current school it's also much easier to lose people, and sometimes people grow up a bit (although that mostly seems to happen at uni when they realise that nobody wants to hear them say nasty things about anybody).
I'm afraid I can't help much with how to convince them, the only decent state school in my area had all my bullies going to it but the quality of the education was better there than elsewhere. If all else fails just remember this: school is a means to an end, you have to be there so you may as well get as much from it as possible. And clubs can be a great place to make friends, bullies always have less of an effect if your friends are standing beside you with their eyebrows raised saying 'wow, I didn't know that, in fact, I didn't realise it was physically possible' or some such nonsense. Bullies don't like to be embassared, sarcasm works great most of the time (be sure that everything you say is the trueth/ scientifically proven)

Wow, long post. Hope some of my rambling helps.

Best of luck, I'm sure it will all work out somehow, just not always in the way you first expected.