PDA

View Full Version : One year of growth

Rosalaun
March 5th, 2013, 02:43 AM
My hair journey for the past year has been hugely scattered - I've been through a couple of pretty life-changing things so I'm actually surprised at the growth, considering the stresses that have been going on. So this is one full year between March 2012 and March 2013.

April 2012 - broke my shoulder (fell off a horse going over a large spread jump) had to wait a week for an operation to put a metal plate in. I did notice increased shedding and general slowness of growth for the next couple of months and really felt like I'd made no progress in terms of good condition. It certainly didn't help that I was physically incapable of reaching up to tie my hair back at all, so I had it loose every day.
August 2012 - later in the month, I was finally allowed back horse riding - shedding was finally back to normal, did feel a little thin especially at the ends.
September 2013 - moved to live on University campus with lots of people that I didn't know in my flat!
November 2012 - dusted the ends a tiny bit, making it exactly 1 year since my last cut.

And that's just about it. Oh, I also found myself trimming a fringe back in at the end of November and immediately regretting it, as always :p

So, plan of action for the next year - I'm going to grow onto BSL and have a look at my ends again - if they get really bad I'll consider trimming, but in general I like fairy-tailing so I may just end up growing straight on through. Then hopefully I will be about an inch or two above waist by March next year and maintaining there to solidify the ends a little and get rid of some more of the henna.

Note - I did not turn into a vampire in the last year xD Different lighting at home and at uni confused my camera a lot.
The one on the left shows measurements of where each 'landmark' is in terms of inches, with growth needed to reach that place in between the lines :)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/Sarobando/march12to13.png

Dziip
March 5th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hi !
Sorry to read you had such a stressful year. Loosing hair increasing it, I guess and not being to ride if you love it too.
But your hair don't seem that thinned in the end, your cut worked and the growth wasn't that bad :)

Kepp going !

Kwantslonghair
March 5th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I agree, I think it looks great after all you have been thru. I will be here a year in April as well. Congrats!

MaryO
March 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Nice going! Good luck with the rest! :-)

SugarPlumDreams
March 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Congrats! Looks great! Love the markings on your photo :)

Rosalaun
March 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Thank you everyone for the support and the lovely comments <3
It's wonderful to know that the ends aren't quite as bad as I initially thought.
Looking at it I've probably had about 5 inches of growth (including trim) which isn't too bad. I've just measured my fringe from where I trimmed it in mid November, and got a very nearly 2 inches in 3 and a bit months... I'm now wondering how it'll grow this year if it's relatively stress-free!

And well done to you too for almost reaching your one-year anniversary Kwantslonghair!

Mischamiu
March 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I hope you'll get there soon! Keep it up I think it looks really nice :blossom:

woolyleprechaun
March 5th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Very nice! It doesn't look thin at all to me, just a v shaped hem :)

missketi
March 5th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Looks great!

Jenny31557
March 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Great growth! You'll be at BSL before you know it.
Keep it up!

Mandie
March 5th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, great growth! And holy cow, your waist is so defined. I'm jealous.

Rosalaun
March 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks again everyone <3
I guess it does seem more like a V hemline than general thinning haha I hadn't thought of that.
The layers (that I want to grow out eventually) are probably helping to give that effect too.

Mandie haha
Thank you ^^ I think there must have been some kind of fight between the boob fairy and the waist fairy... I'll leave you to guess who won lol

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
That's still amazing progress! :o Your hair grew so fast! I can only hope mine is that long in a year :D

jacqueline101
March 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Your hair looks great. Maybe last year wasn't good year for a reason. Maybe it was bad to us in order to strengthen our character.

Rosalaun
March 6th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Thank you :D
Haha looking at your progress post, you'll be there in no time Oktobergoud! Minus all the layers I have lol

And thank you Jacqueline - I like to think of the upside, I broke my shoulder just before my final exams to see if I would get into Uni, and I wasn't confident that I would get my grades, but naturally I couldn't sit any exams when I was on so many painkillers... So instead they looked at what grades I got based on my previous exams in the subject, meaning I didn't have the worries of waiting for my results like everyone else did :D

joflakes
March 6th, 2013, 01:15 AM
What great progress! Well done! :D

Rosalaun
March 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks :D fingers crossed that the next year of growth goes well