PDA

View Full Version : Back to BSL! From MBL

RileyJane
March 4th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I finally did it! I have been trying to baby my longest length's ends, since the last four ish inches were full of the damage and dye from when I had my hair bleached. It was working out pretty well until probably a month ago, and it only took me til now to realize it! I had my hair in a dutch braid and so happened to look down at the ends and was appalled! It was soooo damaged my splits were splitting! :X And thats when I decided to take the plunge and chop off the last 5 inches so I can officially be free of splits! Now ik there will still be splits, but it has been about 3 weeks since my chop and my hair is as healthy as a horse! Back to BSL, but back to completely healthy hair, with no worries of breakage for a while at least :D

Alexblue
March 4th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I had a 4 inch chop this winter. It was my only hair trim in 2012 (besides dusting every once and awhile). The chop brought me back to BSL and it's so strange how short my hair felt afterwards, even though most people would consider BSL pretty long.

Good for you! I'm sure your hemline looks healthy and strong :bounce:

bunzfan
March 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I finally did it! I have been trying to baby my longest length's ends, since the last four ish inches were full of the damage and dye from when I had my hair bleached. It was working out pretty well until probably a month ago, and it only took me til now to realize it! I had my hair in a dutch braid and so happened to look down at the ends and was appalled! It was soooo damaged my splits were splitting! :X And thats when I decided to take the plunge and chop off the last 5 inches so I can officially be free of splits! Now ik there will still be splits, but it has been about 3 weeks since my chop and my hair is as healthy as a horse! Back to BSL, but back to completely healthy hair, with no worries of breakage for a while at least :D

I did that almost 2 years ago and even though you feel sad at the lost length its amazing how much healthier it feels! hope you get loads of growth now, i did. It took me a year to get from BSL-Waist your get there but this time with fantastic ends!:cool:

jacqueline101
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I'm glad you trimmed or cut your splits that way you got rid of them so you can grow out longer.

Jeleebaby
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Happy growing, sometimes the best thing you can do is have a good chop, I think i'd rather see shorter healthy hair than very long split and damaged hair.

RileyJane
March 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Yes they do look 100%like better! I did something similar to my damaged short layers last year and they are still going strong without needing any trims or s&d, so im hoping these ends will do the same :)I and yeah its strange it feels so short but it still looks long to some people, so that's always nice :)