PDA

View Full Version : New Acoustic Guitar video + my hair is getting longer!!

SGBSteve
March 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hey all!

I posted this in the Gentleman thread but I figured I might as well make my own thread too.

So for those who don't know, my friend Sam and I do acoustic guitar covers of popular video game songs. We call ourselves
Super Guitar Bros. :hifive:

Our newest one is the opening theme to the game Chrono Cross which I'm sure most of you have never heard of but let me tell you this game has one of the most beautiful and emotional soundtracks of any video game out there. Seriously.

And as you can see my hair is getting a little longer (I'm the one on the right). If you watch our older videos you can see how short my hair used to be.

Hope you like!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiE8p5VjZgo

Salmonberry
March 3rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Very cool! I play the guitar too :) You both play very nicely, and that's a really nice arrangement of a great piece of music. Your hair growth is coming along well too. Thanks for sharing.

ghost
March 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Beautiful song! I've never played Chrono Cross, so I had no idea how lovely the music was. Congrats on the growth :)

lunalocks
March 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I LOVE this. So beautiful. Thank you.

(I have no idea what chrono cross is, though)

SGBSteve
March 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what chrono cross is

Well lets see if I can explain it to you all without getting too long winded about it.

Chrono Cross is an old Role Playing Game that came out for Playstation 1 back in 2000. Its the sequel to an RPG for the Super Nintendo called Chrono Trigger which came out in 1995. As the names imply, the plot is based around time.

In Chrono Trigger, you have a time machine which you use to travel through many different periods of time (prehistoric, medieval, apocalyptic future, etc.) and you meet different characters from each era. You have to travel back and forth through each time period to solve puzzles, beat up bad guys and eventually save the world from an apocalypse thats scheduled for the year 1999 (lol) Its known as one of the greatest RPGs of all time and the soundtrack is amazing (the same composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, returns to do the music for the sequel).

The sequel, Chrono Cross, takes place 20 years later and has all new characters to play as. In this one, rather than traveling through different time periods you actually travel back and forth between two parallel universes. The first universe is the world you are born in. The second one you arrive in is like a mirror image of your own with certain key differences, the main one being that nobody recognizes the main character as he supposedly died 10 years earlier. As you travel back and forth you meet more characters, beat up lots of bad guys and save the world (both worlds actually). The plot is actually pretty complicated and things get really trippy at times but thats the basic premise right there.

Now here is the opening video to Chrono Cross which has the original song that we covered. You guys might even like the original song better than our version. Yasunori Mitsuda is an amazing composer who is known for writing very emotional pieces inspired by music from many different parts of the world - Ireland in particular.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923fVDDwaHo

PixieKitten
March 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Wow, this is awesome! The music is beautiful and you both play it so well!
As a side note, your hair is looking wonderfully healthy and shiny! :)