PDA

View Full Version : I think I have made it to waist length!!

Irish Fae
March 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Can I call this waist? :-)

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/DSC00776_zps1a435101.jpg

I am so excited! I couldn't have done it without you, lovely LHC members! When I came here, my hair was in horrendous condition with white dots everywhere. I was devastated. The kind people here told me not to stress and gave me all of the information I needed to turn my entire hair care routine around. I am so much happier with my hair now, and I think my hair is happier with me as well. :D Thank you!!!

Oh, and please pardon my slightly crooked hairsticks. I didn't notice until I saw the photo.

Nebulae
March 2nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Yes I would say you hit waist! Congratulations! :D Your hair looks absolutely beautiful :thud: Hair envy over here :o

lydiajo
March 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Wow. That sure looks like waist to me. Your hair is beautiful and thick.

sisi33
March 2nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
I shall not envy other LHC'ers. I shall not envy other LHC'ers. I shall not envy other LHC'ers.

:bigeyes: I want your hair! So full!

einna
March 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Jup, you seem to be well over waist. Congrats. Your hair is wonderful! :D

spidermom
March 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Are you sure that's not hip length?

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Looks lovey and waist length.

rowie
March 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Can I say wow! Your hair looks gorgeous.:blossom: You represent us wurly/Curlies really well texture wise. It makes me get excited of what is to come. Congrats with your milestone and thanks for sharing this. :flowers:

Falcore
March 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Wow! Just stunning!! Congrats on making it to waist :)

Yozhik
March 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Beautiful! :thud:

It definitely looks past waist to me. :)

Also, I just absolutely adore your texture! I wish my wurls would grow up to become your hair, but unfortunately hair doesn't work that way. :p

Irish Fae
March 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! It is definitely just at waist (where my hands are), but I'm thrilled that it looks longer than that to some of you!! :happydance:

I am absolutely stunned by all of the extremely kind compliments. I have struggled to embrace my natural texture, and today my hair was behaving better than usual, hence my decision to take a photo. It isn't always so compliant! Like most 2's, I sometimes have odd waves that stick out wherever they wish. I have always fought against my hair until I came here and discovered a few hair idols of my own with similar lengths and textures. :o

I owe a lot of the shine to this product from Silk Naturals, which has done wonders for my hair (I am unaffiliated with the brand): http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/lush-locks-hair-p-1231.html

It also smells delicious and lasts for a long time!

Everything else I owe to the wonderful people here who have helped me along the way! I plan to maintain at waist for a while. I still have a few inches of past damage that I would like to eventually trim as my hair continues growing. After that.... I might consider seeing how my hair looks at hip or TBL. :)

Thank you again!! :flower:

Lostsoule77
March 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Looks past waist to me too. Your hair is beautiful! :)

ghost
March 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
I think you're past waist! Your curls are so pretty, congrats on the milestone.

morrigan*
March 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Beautiful! I would say that you is past waist.

jojo
March 3rd, 2013, 04:20 AM
That's no waist length, its hip length congratz :thud:

lapushka
March 3rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Looks like waist to me. Congratulations! :D :thumbsup:

cobden 28
March 3rd, 2013, 05:54 AM
You have really lovely long curly hair, the kind I often tell my daughter I'd practically sell my soul to have, but I've been given the straight hair running in my family instead.

I agree with the comments about your hair length; definitely waist at least and I reckon that if you took hold of a bit of the length and stetched it straight it might almost be hip length.

I'm almost that length!!

Bambi
March 3rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
:disco: Wooow...just stunning...what is your long-term goal if I may ask:)?

katiebeans
March 3rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
I agree, definately looks like waist. Good job! Your hair looks so beautful, it's hard to belive it was ever in horrendous condition. Hooray for LHC!

bunzfan
March 3rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
Stunning curls you look way past waist to me;)

Jenny31557
March 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Amazing hair! I can't wait until my slightly wavy hair is long enough do be able to do sock bun curls that sit at waist length.
I wish my hair was like yours! Congratulations!

Neecola
March 3rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks amazing!

yoni
March 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Damn, your hair is so thick and pretty! It sure seems it reached wait as well, congratulations!

Mischamiu
March 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
I would definitely call it waist! Congrats your hair really looks great, I love your wurls :D

SerinaDaith
March 3rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
lovely all around, I would definitely call waist + but maybe that's just me.

DancingQueen
March 3rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Your hair looks amazing, I want it!

Micayla47
March 3rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
your hair is beautiful and inspiring!

PixxieStix
March 3rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Oh yes, that is well past waist length, congratulations! Your hair looks lovely. :)

Irish Fae
March 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you! My current goal is to maintain at waist for a while, as I have some thinning ends I would like to gradually trim off. I may grow to hip length at some point just to see if I like it, but waist was my ultimate goal. :)
:disco: Wooow...just stunning...what is your long-term goal if I may ask:)?

rock007junkie
March 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Most definitely, a little longer than that in fact

Irish Fae
March 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Thank you again for all of the incredibly kind compliments! I am blushing, and my day has absolutely been brightened!! :flower: I feel that perhaps my photo is misleading, though. In person, my hair is definitely just brushing the top of my natural waistline. In all reality, I probably need a solid 1/2 inch to really be at waist with my hair wavy. Perhaps the angle of the photo is making it look longer... :)

bunzfan
March 3rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Thank you again for all of the incredibly kind compliments! I am blushing, and my day has absolutely been brightened!! :flower: I feel that perhaps my photo is misleading, though. In person, my hair is definitely just brushing the top of my natural waistline. In all reality, I probably need a solid 1/2 inch to really be at waist with my hair wavy. Perhaps the angle of the photo is making it look longer... :)

I looked again and your hands are at your hips, its a shock that actual waist is a lot higher than we all think, i did the same as you until someone pointed out that was hip length.

Vanilla
March 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
It looks like longer than waist to me too. Congrats!

Irish Fae
March 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
My hands are actually at the very smallest part of my natural waist. I completely understand what you mean, though! I didn't know where my natural waist was when I was younger, but then I had to learn to take proper measurements for tailoring. I will have to upload a different photo sometime that isn't as misleading. I think that the problem is in the cropping. If the photo showed more of my body at the bottom, you would see that my hips are several inches below and considerably wider than my natural waist. :)

I looked again and your hands are at your hips, its a shock that actual waist is a lot higher than we all think, i did the same as you until someone pointed out that was hip length.

Carriegirl
March 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Such beautiful hair!!! Definitely waist...actually past waist I think! I am trying to get back to waist after a 3.5 inch chop last year :-( I'm happy you've made it there!

mzBANGBANG
March 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! And you look past waist to me!

MissTulip
March 4th, 2013, 06:48 AM
G O R G E O U S!! :thud: Waist for sure!

ozzy
March 4th, 2013, 08:47 AM
beautiful hair!

Lunadriael
March 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I have serious hair envy right now, your curls are so beautiful. I would agree with everyone that it looks waist to me. :)

MaryO
March 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Gorgeous hair! What a rewarding thing. :-)

Irish Fae
March 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Awww, thank you so much!!! :) I wish my hair looked nice every day, but alas, I have plenty of really bad hair days!!!

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2013, 01:40 PM
:thud:

I think you can! It's absolutely stunning :)