PDA

View Full Version : What do you most look forward to about reaching your goal length?

Nes
August 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Like many here, I am currently at waist and aiming for TB. To stay motivated I think about how nice it will feel to have my hair swishing along my lower back and hips as I walk. I had such a vivid dream about this a few weeks ago, and it has made me look forward to reaching it even more!

I would love to hear what other members look forward to, and what you imagine it will be like at your goal length? Has anyone else had a dream where you were at your goal length?

As this is my first post, but I have been hanging round for a few months, I also want to extend a huge thank you to all of you for helping my hair.

Before I found LHC, I was washing with pantene, brushing and blowdrying from dripping wet, and then straightening every day! (And I wondered why my hair wouldn't grow and was full of splits!)

Since coming here I have learnt so much about hair and I owe all of you for that. Found out that my hair loves EVOO and non-SLS 'poo. I also realised I have been overdosing on protein big time, and cut out the irons!

I wanted to thank spidermom especially, as her previous sig showing beautiful, beautiful curls, waves and texture convinced me to work with my hair instead of fighting it all the time!

Nes x

MsBubbles
August 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I think about how nice it will feel to have my hair swishing along my lower back and hips as I walk.

Pretty much ditto what you said there!! I'd like to have a nice back view because I've always wanted one and don't feel like I've ever had one.

spidermom
August 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I wanted to thank spidermom especially, as her previous sig showing beautiful, beautiful curls, waves and texture convinced me to work with my hair instead of fighting it all the time!

Nes x

Nes, how kind of you to say. Thank you. I dream of classic length. As far back as I can remember, every time I saw classic length hair on somebody, I would think "some day that will be me." I got side tracked by a lot of cute hair cuts, bleaching, and perms, but here I am at last, on my way to classic. I feel like I'm finally coming home to me.

PS - As you can see, even with blow drying (but very gently done, I promise), I couldn't get the curls completely out of my ends.

sipnsun
August 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I can't wait to run a bbb all the way down my back to my ends. (yes I brush:)). I also can't wait to be able to braid my hair over my shoulder down to my waist. I think that would be nice!

AJoifulNoise
August 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Being able to do complicated styles, but still be satisfied when I leave it down.

DragonLady
August 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I plan to grow all the way to "rediculous", wherever that turns out to be.

I look forward to gently tossing my mane at my DH before I climb into bed.

I look forward to the comments "her hair is so long it's rediculous."

I look forward to the trips to my salon. I love my hairdresser, and she always treats me right. I look forward to her gently combing down my length and clucking about how beautiful she thinks it is.

I look forward to learning new styles. When I came here, a simple ponytail or caterpillar was the fanciest thing I knew how to do. Now I can do a french roll, a simple English braid (still haven't mastered a French one), and the nautilus bun! It makes me feel powerful and grown-up, like a real lady to be able to fix my hair for the first time in my life.

I look forward to buying new, cool stuff to wear in it. I have my eye on a Flexi-8, a few Ketylos, a couple of slides...things I never imagined owning before I came here. :)

Mostly, I look forward to having a reason to visit here often. I already feel like I know many of you, and I love seeing the things you have to say. :)

spidermom
August 26th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I look forward to the comments "her hair is so long it's rediculous."
:)

Oh yes; that's fun. My massage therapist described my hair as "crazy long" the first time she worked with me.

akurah
August 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I look forward to being able to do a bunch of styles. My hair is on the thicker side, and I still can't do some styles that people with shorter hair than mine have already mastered because their hair is thinner.

I don't really have a goal length, I'm just growing mine till I get fed up with it!

CaityBear
August 26th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I just like the way it looks. Not to mention I love my hair swishing against me.

And I'll be able to do more of the hair styles as well. Right now my hair is kind of short for some that I want to try.

serious
August 27th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Being able to do complicated styles, but still be satisfied when I leave it down.

Me too. I just keep on looking at all those beautifull styles and hairtoys and hoping I could do some of that when my hair grows longer.

Tressie
August 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
What a lovely, lovely post DragonLady! I hope you realize your dreams! Happy hair to you all!

ChloeDharma
August 27th, 2008, 01:09 AM
First of all, welcome to LHC :waving:

I think with me my main thing i look forward to (presumptiously) just knowing i can reach the length i always visualised myself with as a child "when i'm grown up". It might sound silly to some, but if by some horrible fluke of genetics i can't reach that it's going to have quite a big impact on my concept of self.
Other than that, i'm looking forward to on the rare occasions it's down/loose, it swishing past my bum as i move.

DragonLady
August 27th, 2008, 01:25 AM
What a lovely, lovely post DragonLady! I hope you realize your dreams! Happy hair to you all!

Thank-you. :)

Bene
August 27th, 2008, 01:31 AM
i'd like to be able to do the more ornate/intricate buns. my hair is too short for them :(

wjewerica
August 27th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Well, my hair was really beautiful when I was a kid, it was somewhere around my waist... And I remember all the fun hairstyles I used to do every day, and I also cant wait to finally get that fairy-tale look I have been aspiring for years.. i kinda think the hair really makes a woman beautiful, and I kinda wanna be beautiful again :P

Cinnamon.locks
August 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I dream alot about having my hair reach my goal length ( which is Mid-Thigh.) the main reason to have this goal is to see how my hair ( now not as a child ) looks like and feels like. plus if it gets to Mid-Thigh before it reaches terminal length i guess it can grow longer.....so hoping to see my terminal length. after i reach mid-thigh ( if it grows that long.) my next goal will be knee length. i think if i reach knee length i will keep it that way for a while and then cut to Classic and remain there, it depends on how it feels and looks mostly.

Nes
August 27th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I can't wait to be able to do beautiful up-do's but for me it's more of an issue of being very cack handed and clumsy!

Also, even though my hair is past waist it is very heavily layered and up-do's tend to look messy and hair falls out of them, so looking forward to when it is a more uniform length.

Oh and I totally agree with you wjewerica fairytale ends are beautiful, and women who have them look like mysterious, enchanted princesses!

Nes x

paper
August 27th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I can't wait to get to my next goal, APL. To be able to put all my hair behind me.

Meli
August 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I don't know what my goal length will be - I'm just growing my hair as long as it will get. But something I look forward to be able to do is the fake crown braid - one braid wrapped around the head. I also look forward to do Heidi braids, crossed behind the nape before they are brought up over the head. This version worked very well when I was at TBL, but would have been even better with a few more inches. The fake crown braid I have not yet been able to do, but hopefully it will start to work at classic or maybe a little before.

As for dreams - I have had some very vivid dreams about fingertip length, and one dream, very diffuse, though, about ankle length. Fingertip or midthigh have always been dream lengths I did not think I could ever achieve, because I thought I had hit terminal at a little past tailbone. Now I'm pretty sure that this was only an artificial terminal because my hair was "self-trimming" at that length (I had lots of breakage), and should have been longer with less damage. I still don't know if I ever will reach thigh length, but I should at least be able to reach mid-bum or even classic. If I reach past classic, I'll be in hair-heaven no matter what my terminal length is.

Eireann
August 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm looking forward to being unusual. :) There are a lot of women in my city with hair around the same length as mine. At BSL, my hair is long, but it is "ordinary long." I want it to be extraordinary long!

annarose
August 27th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I always wanted to be wearing a simple small bun held with one tiny stick and to pull that stick out to have my hair cascade down my back, aweing everyone in sight!

LadyLongLocks
August 27th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I look forward to reaching my goal of 56" so I can maintain it and trim it more often. I know this may sound strange!
I really love the way my hair looks freshly trimmed with a straight blunt cut. My goal then will be to gain volume with a 1" trim every 2 months or trimming the 1/2" growth each month. I have 4 more inches to go and hope to get there by spring 2009.
GOOD LUCK to all of you in reaching your long hair goals :)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/BANNERS%20FOR%20LINKING/sig2-2lhc.jpg

Fencai
August 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Im looking forward to having TB length hair. I model on the side, and have been dreaming about the day when i can wear nothing but my hair and tattoos for a photo. I already have the poses planned and everything.
Plus its very romantic and medieval.
Hubby's looking forward to having it cascading over him.... *ahem*
lol!

young&reckless
August 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I am an inch away from my first goal of waist and it is killing me!

lora410
August 27th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I look forward to the fact that for a very long time I wanted my dream hair but didn't have the patience or know how to grow it long. Now I finally will be able to wait it out, not get frustrated with knotted ends (which I no longer have since lhc) and chop. I look forward to feeling it on my back and nice long ponytails and braids.

wintersun99
August 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM

yogachic
August 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
How pretty and feminine it will be, and be able to do a figure 8 I hope.

burns_erin
August 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I am aiming for classic. The last time I had it that length I was a bony little skeleton, so i look forward to standing in front of DH in my altogether with just my hair covering ummhmm, my "bits".

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I look forward to having to hold the hair in front of me, on my lap, when I sit down. I can't wait

nappywomyn
August 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM

i'd like to be able to do the more ornate/intricate buns. my hair is too short for them :(

I'm looking forward to being unusual. :) There are a lot of women in my city with hair around the same length as mine. At BSL, my hair is long, but it is "ordinary long." I want it to be extraordinary long!

Yes, yes, and oh most definitely yes!!!!

I'm looking forward to literally having more hair than I know what to do with!

GlassEyes
August 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Braids.

I. Want. A. Braid. So badly it hurts. And I want to feel it brushing against my back, and maybe eventually my knees...or maybe ankle.

Seriously. XD

Buddaphlyy
August 27th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Being able to wear hair sticks. That's all I want.

tinabcurly
August 27th, 2008, 01:03 PM
My goal is waist when dry (probably around TB when wet/straight). I want to do Infinity & Figure 8 buns. Mainly though, I look forward to the day that I can go topless & DH won't be able to tell right away! ;)

freznow
August 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I have to say, I have a rather mundane dream. I dream of terminal mainly because that'll be the end of change. I like growing and all, but always dreaming of something more, trying to figure out what updos are going to work for my new length... It's nice, but sometimes I just get impatient with all that and just want to BE THERE.

I do look forward to the reactions of long long hair and feeling my healthy long hair against my knees :)

RoseRedDead
August 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I have three goals at present: waist, tailbone, and classic.

What I look foreward to is like the original poster said, the feel of the hair against my skin. Plus, at classic length (this might sound a little weird) I like the idea that I could (conceivably) walk around butt-nekkid with dry hair and still preserve (some of) my modesty. I have good hair; I think I could do it.

EbonyCurls
August 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I can't wait to see what the reactions are of other people and to see how I look and how, or if, it will affect my confidence/style.

oh yeah, and I can't wait to just be able to kick back and relax knowing I reached my goal and no longer be anxious about if my hair will reach terminal b/f my desired length.

Chamomile betty
August 27th, 2008, 02:01 PM
That's a great question.

My goal length on me is waist.
I''ll enjoy tweaking my routine and learning new hairstyles once it's waist. I can't wait to take a picture and have my hair more inches below my BS.

I am thinking I'll just maintain the length a bit and let the layers grow long. So possibly trimming 1/4-1/2 every 6-8 weeks maybe. I am not sure of that yet.

Nes
August 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Interesting posts...

It seems to me that the attitudes expressed here can be broken down into 5 basic types -

1) Those with clearly defined length goals who are impatient to reach them.

2) Those with unclear length goals who want to grow until they feel satisfied and accept that their current goal may change.

3) Those who want to grow to a length that will enable them to do a particular hairstyle/use a particular hair toy/have a particular impact.

4) Those who want to grow as long as possible/reach terminal.

5) Those who have reached their goal.

I suppose which category one falls into says something about ones personality, although i'm not sure what!! Any ideas anyone?

I would say I probably fall into the second category. I thought I would be happy to stick with TB, but now i'm not so sure...

Nes x

xrosiex
August 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I think even more than reaching the terminal length I growing to. I'm enjoying this journey. I try to love all the stages along the way. When I finally reach my goal I'm sure a great since of accomplishment will be my reward.:):):)

rapunzhell13
August 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I look forward to being able to do a bunch of styles. My hair is on the thicker side, and I still can't do some styles that people with shorter hair than mine have already mastered because their hair is thinner.

I don't really have a goal length, I'm just growing mine till I get fed up with it!

This is so great, may I please copy it? :p If you're still not fed up with your length, you're technically reaching your goal every single day right? :eyebrows:

Slug Yoga
August 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I want to be able to do complicated hairstyles that require longer hair than I have now.

And I want to awe people when they see how long my hair is. :grin:

Nevermore
August 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
My goal is floor length hair, or longer. I'd be satisfied at ankle, but having hair so long that I'd need a skirt/dress with a train to keep it off the floor when it's down would be awesome. I really would love a floor length braid. There's something so beautiful about a decently thick, floor length braid. It's simple, but it's elegant and interesting because of the length. That's what I can't wait for.

HerbalAnnie
August 27th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I just want to see how long it will get. When I was a kid, I had hair almost to my waist, and I remember my mother saying how stringy it was (I had a great mom). All though school and through my adult life, my hair has seldom been much longer than my shoulders, and often over my ears. Right now, my hair is longer than it's been in almost thirty years.

I'm looking forward to that first "Are you trying to look like a teenager?" comment, to which I'll happily reply, "Why, yes! What's the fun in trying to look old??"

toodramatik
August 27th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I want to be able to wear it in its' natural texture down. I've been fighting with it all my life because it's wavy and thick and when it was its longest (waist) I'd put it up in a ponytail and ignore it.

Now when it grows back there's enough layering so that it's not too thick to wear down :).

But yes, I'm not in the majority of the members here who want to put it in up-dos. I've realized that ponytails, braids, buns and the such make me look very old and not nearly as princess-like as some of the other members on here.

sahiba
August 27th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I want to nun down the long stairs or stand in a high altitude area with my knee length hair flowing in the sky.

Ashley
August 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM
My goal of tailbone... I don't know, it seems like I'd feel complete with hair covering my entire back. It sort of feels like the "image" is right; how I visualize myself pretty much. Whenever I leave it down now (waist), it still feels like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

crystal_89
August 29th, 2008, 04:11 AM
With hip -> tailbone length hair I would enjoy the feel of it cascading down my back and the knowledge that I have longer hair than most people I know IRL. If it was all one length, or if the layers were longer, I would be able to put my hair up without bits falling out or sticking out.

Nes
August 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
My goal of tailbone... I don't know, it seems like I'd feel complete with hair covering my entire back. It sort of feels like the "image" is right; how I visualize myself pretty much. Whenever I leave it down now (waist), it still feels like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

I totally agree! Even though it's never been that long, I feel like until my hair is TB i'm not really... myself somehow. It's a strange feeling. My lower back feels uncomfortably bare.

Nes x

CurlyNinja
August 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I look forward most to the way (I imagine) I'll look, and the "dramatic impact" of being That Girl With The Tailbone Length Curls.

Starr
August 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I look forward to having the ability to sit entirely on my hair- not the actual action of doing it though because I know it'll hurt like heck the first time I accidently do it.:p

Medievalhair
August 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I would love to hear what other members look forward to, and what you imagine it will be like at your goal length? Has anyone else had a dream where you were at your goal length?

My Goal length is knee, and I can't til I can do neat and cooler hairstyles that I can't do with my being BS Length. I love the feel of my hair tickling my knees. Especially the one hairtoy removal will cool, watch the mouths hit the floor.

When my hair was waist and all I did was ignore it .

racheal1234
September 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
wearing a long braid down my back! lol

Little_Bird
September 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
I am also looking forward to be knows as the guy with stupidly long hair!

I also want to feel my hair all the way down my back dancing with me while I walk!

I want to get to my goal of classic so I can trim every other month to get beautyfull blunt straight ends!

I want to be able to wear a side braid all the way to my waist!

I want to be able to do other styles!

I want to wear my hair loose more often but I need the good ends first!

I just want to have beautyfull long classic lenght hair, nicely trimmed to even blunt ends!

My reasons are similar to most members here... long hair rocks! yay!! :flowers:

Rapunzelwannabe
September 1st, 2008, 11:59 PM

I agree. It seems like no one ever notices my length right now, I'm looking forward to attracting people's gazes and stopping conversation (or traffic! ;))
I'm also looking forward to doing mira-chan's Coronet Bun, cscheck's Two Strand Rope & Bun and to try Hairstorm's Wrap-around crown braid

jel
September 2nd, 2008, 12:56 AM
I seem to fall in category #3 - I have a definite goal (tailbone) and I'm looking forward to feeling the loose hair hitting my lower back.

Which is a bit of a romantic idea - I'm only a few inches away from my goal, and I hardly ever wear my hair down! It's much more practical in updos and braids. :shrug:

Forest
September 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
I always wanted to be wearing a simple small bun held with one tiny stick and to pull that stick out to have my hair cascade down my back, aweing everyone in sight!

I am with you Annarose, this has become my dream as well lately.

I think I never had dreams about long hair on myself before because it never occured to me as a real option.

Periwinkle
September 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
I'm looking forward to having properly long hair that I can do things with. I've always cut when I reached BSL and I've always worn it in a ponytail, so it's never been styled and I don't like BSL as a length either. It'd be great to have proper length and proper styles!

DecafJane
September 2nd, 2008, 05:03 AM
I can't wait to wear it down and have it look gorgeous! Oh, and braids - I LOVE long braids!! :D

Garnet66
September 2nd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I look forward to learning all sorts of updo's. And I'd love to have dh play with my hair.

Gladtobemom
September 2nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Oh, this is an easy one.

I will be able to wrap my braid around my head in a Coronet.

granitbaby
September 2nd, 2008, 06:44 AM
My goal length is somewhere between tail bone and classic and I'm looking forward to be able to do all kinds of elegant up dos.
I have previously noticed that the longer my hair is the more I like to keep it to myself and I don't think I will wear it down very often.

pinkprincess
September 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I look forward to it actually being unusual, and having it flow out behind me ( in the vision that doesn't totally tangle it up lol). I want to be able to do great hairdo's too but I can't even do any braids other than a crooked english braid.

Patrycja
September 2nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
My first goal was BSL,now it's on to waist and further. I can not wait to be able to reach back and grab my ends in a handful,instead of having to lean back to grab them now LOL. Also,the awesome buns I see here on longer hair.I'm dying to learn how to do a infinity or a figure 8 without having my shorter layers falling out.

Denebi
September 2nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
At the moment, I'm aiming for waist. And I hope that I then can do even more beautiful styles and updos and moreover: I heard a little bit too often that my hair is so thin, it will never grow long, or look nice when it's long. And I just don't believe this! So, I'm looking forward to rebut this nonsense!

Gothic Lolita
September 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
I hope that when I've reached tailbone, especially when my two layers have catched up, I'll be able to all kind of updo which I can't do now because of my thickness. Some braids and wrapped buns are a nightmare and sometimes my hair eats up all the length (nearly hip) so that there's not enough hair left to wrap around....

Islandgrrl
September 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
What I look forward to most about reaching my goal length is....reaching my goal length. I've never grown to terminal and I really just want to see where it is. Other than that, I'm enjoying the journey and the challenges it presents along the way!

thunderlilies
September 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
I look forward to an even longer braid - one that I can comfortably wrap like a scarf around my shoulders, lol! Oooh, and I've always wanted to be able to make a great (fake) crown braid!!
I also look forward to being able to sit on it! :0

Arctic_Mama
September 3rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
I DREAM of having my hair long enough to at least TRY some of these stunning, intricate updos. To hit the length where it is beautiful in and of itself and I don't feel like I am fighting its texture. Vainly, I would love the compliments and stares, even the unkind ones, to draw some attention. Beautiful, healthy long hair is special, I know my husband wants me to have it and I do too. I see all these gorgeous hair toys and styles, all the personality and elegance a good style can convey. I'd like to not mess much with my hair and still look stunning.

It's such a rare goal to reach - hip length and beyond - when you're a grown woman. And I think it's high time people realized that hair can be even MORE beautiful and well-kempt without regular salon visits and every new miracle product and styling tool on the market.

I wanna be a princess, deep down! How lame :p

Molster
September 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I want my braid-tassel to swish BELOW my bot-cheeks :laugh: :silly:

It's almost there - just another few inches...

skydancer7
September 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I look forward to feeling feminine without having to do ANYTHING to my hair: no styling, no clips, no headbands, no scarves. Just wash and go.

I have been living in headbands the past few months trying to grow out this pixie! :rolleyes:

ClareDee
September 4th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Impact! I want to make an impact with my hair. I want it to be a feature I'm proud of.

I also look forward to feeling more 'myself' with longer hair. I've had sharp bobs and pixie-ish cuts for the past couple of years, and it just didn't feel like 'me'.

I like softer looks. Not necessarily very feminine, but natural and soft. You should see how I make a bee-line for florals and earthy colours in every single clothes shop :rolleyes:... Sharp is not my style... Maybe I thought it was for a while, and people did compliment my short style, but deep down I'm too much of a romantic hippie-wannabe for all those sharp edges.

tsc
September 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Being able to cut my longest layer back to my shortest-- and not have ends sticking out all over the place if I braid too loosely.

Merkaba
September 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Finally taking a good pic...because I can always hide behind my beautiful hair hehe

Jemoiselle
September 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hmm, you know I haven't really thought so much about this one! I've been so obsessed with just growing and being "long" because for so many years I was "hair dysmorphic" lol and constantly thought of my hair as short when it wasn't. I guess I will look forward to finding out how long it can go before reaching terminal! My goal is 37'' and I am at 34'' now which is TB for me...but honestly, if my hair will go further I will probably allow it to do so. It's a beautiful mystery! So, that's what I look forward to. Exploring the possibilities without self-imposing limits. I never thought I was "one of those people" who could grow hair as long as mine is now, so I am really redefining my own image of myself and learning to be more positive about me. <3 What a great inner reflection provoker. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jemoiselle

Unnamed
September 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hmm, not sure. All one-coloured hair? Or, well, close to it, since my hair seems to lighten fairly easy. Goal is sorta terminal length with no dye left.

I'm already below my 'dream goal' (which was hoping my hair would grow to at least mid-thigh before it stopped), and right now I'm hoping it'll get to calf, since I figure it should have no problem getting to knee.

As for what I most look forward to once I get there? Honestly, just seeing how long it'll grow! AKA just getting there. I mean, it's approaching knee (but still very obviously not there yet lol) and so it will brush against low thigh and even the back of my knees from time to time. Which, by the way, is soooo neat feeling. I'm not sure what other neat things would be to look forward to, honestly. Other than that the longer it gets, for the most part the more I like it.