PDA

View Full Version : 2-year-after-pixie-anniversary-yay! (picture heavy)

oktobergoud
March 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone! :)

As you might have guessed, I've been here for 2 years now! Actually a little bit longer, but I wanted to wait till the end of March (and failed) because I chopped my hair off to a supershort pixie back then! Anyway, I have TONS AND TONS of pictures! I just dyed my hair yesterday (with henna, obviously) and today I just thought 'woah, my hair is LONG'. Please note that my hair hasn't been this long for about 6 years or so. So to me, this is kinda long! It's obviously very short in LHC terms, but still. I'm slowly getting there! I really like my hair right now! My goal is APL at the end of this year and I think BSL is my end goal.

Here are a thousand pictures:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haareerst_zps0820fa6d.jpg

In the first year I got tons of cut to cut out the mullet. That cut in April was the last professional cut I had :) Still did some micro trims every few months or so! My hair used to be a platinum blonde pixie and bleach is of course very damaging. So I had to cut it lots. And I hate hate HATED the mullet. I don't even want to think about how long it would have been if I didn't cut it into a a-line bob several times.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar2_zps96d7d7bb.jpg

Today! Growing out my bangs. It's about an inch or so longer than collar bone length :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar_zps7e878ee4.jpg

The back is a little shorter but not as severe as it looks here! The back of my hair was just eh.. 'stuck' on my shoulder I guess lol!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar3_zpsa85995bd.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar4_zps135de4d2.jpg

Hair styles I'm trying out.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar5_zps37f72cf7.jpg

This picture is months old but still my favourite one! It's so shiny and pretty :-D My hair is always this shiny, but ehm, it does need sunshine :-P

Well, that's all! That's enough pictures of my face/hair for at least a year or so!

Thank you all for your help, support and awesome-inspiring-hair :flower: Couldn't have done this without this board, that's for sure! I never thought I could do this but I did it and I have to say I'm quite proud of that!

Salmonberry
March 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wow. Such fantastic growth. Your color is amazing too! Keep up whatever you're doing cause it's working.

HairFaerie
March 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Awesome! Love the color and it has gotten really long! Congrats! It's so fun to see progress like that! It gives me hope too for growing out a pixie! Very inspirational! :) YAY!

IndigoOptimist
March 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
That is amazing! It looks lovely, and I am in love with the colour!! I wish my hair was as thick as yours :)

Bambi
March 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
looove it!!!! You and your hair look great! The contrast between the hair and your blue eyes are striking:).

emilia83
March 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Congratulations! It looks beautiful, and you're really great at styling it! It's nice to have hair long enough to play with after it's so short. I'm envious of your braiding ability! My fingers still get confused french braiding my own hair, I have to practice more. Your progress is inspirational! :)

missfaroe
March 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Wauv... Long hair looks so good on you! And the color!!! :agree:

palaeoqueen
March 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
It looks amazing, congratulations on your two year anniversary!

Nebulae
March 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
It's beautiful! I love your color, so bright :D

AndreaPetrea
March 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
I lovelovelove your hair! Happy anniversary :D

Aeowen
March 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Great job!! Your hair is about the same length as mine, and I think we started around the same time!

Your hair looks lovely and healthy!

Macaroni
March 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Lovely, very lovely.

TheMechaGinger
March 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Dang girl! That is some thick gorgeous hair! You look beautiful!

HylianGirl
March 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Your hair is brautiful ^-^ Very thick and great color, also like your braiding skills, keep on going ^-^

oktobergoud
March 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone!! :thud:

Awesome! Love the color and it has gotten really long! Congrats! It's so fun to see progress like that! It gives me hope too for growing out a pixie! Very inspirational! :) YAY!

Thanks! Great to hear that, if I can do it.. anyone can, really!

That is amazing! It looks lovely, and I am in love with the colour!! I wish my hair was as thick as yours :)

looove it!!!! You and your hair look great! The contrast between the hair and your blue eyes are striking:).

Thank you so much Thrandy! ;)

Congratulations! It looks beautiful, and you're really great at styling it! It's nice to have hair long enough to play with after it's so short. I'm envious of your braiding ability! My fingers still get confused french braiding my own hair, I have to practice more. Your progress is inspirational! :)

Practice is key! It's really nice to finally be able to play with hair a bit, yes. Can't wait till it's longer so I can braid it better :) Thank you!

I lovelovelove you hair! Happy anniversary :D

Thanks!

shutterpillar
March 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
It looks great!! I remember trying to grow through that mullet stage and it was just horrible! LOL. I don't blame you for cutting quite a bit to make it look decent!

Lovely hair. :flower:

Ocelan
March 1st, 2013, 12:15 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! You know how much I love your hair and I can't believe how long it has gotten. :) And I must say you look great with long hair especially in that color, much softer than in the short blonde.

rowie
March 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
Congrats on your two year Anniversary! I still remember the time you were moving in to your new place and getting settled in back when I was leaving the super shorties thread. All I have to say is WoW! You've come along way and your hair looks fabulous. Cheers :beerchug:

P.S
I still keep tabs on you now and then. :cool:

AMD
March 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Congrats! I've been following you on tumblr (threadbarex) and I love seeing your updates. The henna looks fantastic on you!

neko_kawaii
March 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on your two year anniversary. I just adore your hair at any length. Looking forward to what ever you do with it.

rock007junkie
March 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Great progress. LOOOVVEEE your hair color

bunzfan
March 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I love your hair its a gorgeous red and just looks better and better the longer it gets, your so pretty to :D congrats on growing it out, i grew a pixie out about 8 years ago and it took forever to gtr it to a bob length.

leslissocool
March 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Amazing progress :cheese:!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, from color to texture and everything! :thud:.

oktobergoud
March 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
It looks great!! I remember trying to grow through that mullet stage and it was just horrible! LOL. I don't blame you for cutting quite a bit to make it look decent!

Lovely hair. :flower:

Thank you! Yeah the mullet stage is the worst, I am sooo glad once I got to a bob a year ago. It's so much easier!

Congrats on your anniversary! You know how much I love your hair and I can't believe how long it has gotten. :) And I must say you look great with long hair especially in that color, much softer than in the short blonde.

Thank you so much!

Congrats on your two year Anniversary! I still remember the time you were moving in to your new place and getting settled in back when I was leaving the super shorties thread. All I have to say is WoW! You've come along way and your hair looks fabulous. Cheers :beerchug:

P.S
I still keep tabs on you now and then. :cool:

Thanks! Ah you still remember that? That was exactly a year ago I think! :) Thanks a lot, you're too kind! :flower:

Congrats! I've been following you on tumblr (threadbarex) and I love seeing your updates. The henna looks fantastic on you!

Thank you! Oh yeah I recognize your tumblr name! :D

Congratulations on your two year anniversary. I just adore your hair at any length. Looking forward to what ever you do with it.

Thanks!!

Great progress. LOOOVVEEE your hair color

Thank you! (getting quite repetitive here lol)

I love your hair its a gorgeous red and just looks better and better the longer it gets, your so pretty to :D congrats on growing it out, i grew a pixie out about 8 years ago and it took forever to gtr it to a bob length.

Thank you sooo much! Growing out a pixie sure is a pain.. your hair is so long now! It can be done! :D

Amazing progress :cheese:!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, from color to texture and everything! .

Mmmm cheese.. oh and thank you so much!

Neecola
March 1st, 2013, 01:27 PM
Oh, yay, Oktobergoud! Happy Anniversary to a fellow not-quite-shortie :) I couldn't agree more, it's so much easier at this length than it was at the mullet stage :scared:

Your hair looks beautiful and healthy - and soooo thick! Congrats!

Lyv
March 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Congrats! I completely adore your hair it's pretty much my dream color lol. :crush:

Yozhik
Congratulations! :flowers:

Not only am I always struck by your color and cool updos when I see your photos, but I also really admire your photography. :)

Fufu
oktobergoud: You look amazing in both pixie and longer hair styles :) Loving the color of your hair too.

geeorgie
March 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Oh wow it's grown so much! Absolutely love your hair, definitely my inspiration, and you've convinced me to grow my fringe out! I've been starting to grow it out but I keep cutting it back in, think I'm going to give growing it out properly a go. You've made such good progress!

chen bao jun
March 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM
You are so pretty and your hair is so thick and shiny.
I needed this encouragement today, thanks.

longNred
March 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
you have ALOT to be proud of! and I gotta say, I've loved your hair since I joined. the color is amazing, and honestly, that platinum pixie in your signature was adorable. All your new lengths suit you so well. beautiful pics, thanks for sharing! looking forward to seeing more as it grows.

jacqueline101
March 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Your hair has grown a lot and looks great.

MiaBeth
March 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM
Two years makes such a difference -- it looks super healthy!!

door72067
March 1st, 2013, 03:35 PM
the snowy photos of you are always so breathtaking...the vivid contrast between your hair, your eyes and the snow are just so so pretty

SerinaDaith
March 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
You have done some great growing! Now on to greater lengths!

ghost
March 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Congrats on your anniversary, your hair is beautiful.

Jenny31557
March 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Congratulations ! Your hair is so thick!
I think you could reach some really long lengths.
Keep it up !!

yoni
March 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Wow, your hair looks simply gorgeous! it's really incredible, congratulations! :D

SchnauzerMom
March 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Wow you are really beautiful. Your hair looks great, lot's of progress!

oktobergoud
March 1st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Woah tons of reactions! I don't know where to start, thanks everyone! :flower:

I don't think I could have done this without you guys! :o

Helix
March 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Happy 2-year anniversary! I always look forward to your hair shots; they're always so stunning.

Simone_Fatale
March 1st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Gorgeous hair color and texture as always! Congratulations, oktobergoud, and happy growing :)

wishywashy
March 2nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Beautiful hair!!! We were the same length when i joined. I was pixie too. But i did not cut at all the last fwo years and honestly now if i cut off my bottom layer of fairy tail ends we would be about the same length. So no worries about all the trims. Your hair looks great!! :)

MaryO
March 2nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Lovely! Congratulations, may you have many more hair-aversaries here! :-)

Auksaplauke
March 2nd, 2013, 01:53 AM
Very beautiful hair.Red suits to you. Congratulations..We'll see how it will look even longer.

Phalaenopsis
March 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Lovely progress!

Mischamiu
March 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks really amazing, and the colour is to die for!

katiebeans
March 2nd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Your hair has grown so much in two years. It look gorgeous and I am in love with the color. I'm sure this is great motivation for anybody who is growing from a real short cut. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing! :)

oktobergoud
March 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Ahh thanks everyone!! :flower:

jojo
March 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I love your hair and have followed your journey. Your hair is long now and you know henna looks so natural on you, well done on achieving such beautiful hair in a short period. Congratulations and because its well worth you get a :thudpile:

rags
March 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Ow wow Oktobergoud! I remember the trying times when we were both growing out short (long live the Shorties thread )- and look at you now! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! :thudpile:

Swissmiss2584
March 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Beautiful color and congratulations on growing it out! Looks great!

Sterlyn
March 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Wow just Wow!

I love the color and your hair has grown so much. I love the braids and bun you posted.

Gives this fellow shortie hope, although I think you cannot be classified as a shortie any longer , at least as far as your hair is concerned. ;)

AnnaB
March 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
well done on your progress! Your hair looks beautiful and so thick!
I know I say this in most posts but I LOVE your hair colour :)

Vanilla
March 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Your hair looks fabulous! Congrats on your anniversary.

sisi33
March 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Just... WOW. :thud: That's all that will cover it.

~BoHemiAngel~
March 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
:thud: I absolutely, positively LOVE your hair!!! It is so healthy and shiny, and my goodness that COLOR!!! Just gorgeous :D So wonderful that you found a haircut and color that suits your complexion and face shape so nicely. Happy anniversary!!

ReadingRenee
March 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM
I remember when you started posting in the shorties thread! You have come a long way and your hair is beautiful! Very inspiring. :)

Louise148
March 4th, 2013, 02:10 AM
WOW!! Your hair look amazing. Growing out a pixie is such a pain but you've done it and it's looking good. :joy:

Ishje
March 4th, 2013, 02:19 AM
wow, your hair looks great! and it looks so good on you longer!

Lize
March 4th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Lovely progress! You have very pretty hair. :)

Jeleebaby
March 4th, 2013, 04:16 AM
your hair is gorgeous, and I'm a little jealous that you are one of those people who looks stunning with any hair length.

curlywurlygurly
March 4th, 2013, 04:29 AM
yay for growing out a pixie :) You have such pretty hair!!
I too went through all the frustrating stages (I started with a buzz).. mullet is the worst! I was stuck at a bob for awhile, but found a hairdresser who really understood my goal to grow my hair and helped me achieve that without being completely daggy (no mullets in site for me). I'm currently sitting about BSL(which is pretty much where I was pre buzz cut) I feel like i've been here for awhile now, and just really wish my hair would get longer already. I'm trying to stay patient.. some days my hair looks so much shorter (thanks to my curls and waves being tighter). good luck with the rest of your journey. I look forward to seeing more progress photos :D

Vanille_
March 4th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Your progress is stunning. Though, you do look beautiful at all stages!

browneyedsusan
March 4th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Very nice job, Oktobergoud! Your hair looks lovely. :)

Micayla47
March 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
gorgeous! i love all the pictures. keep them coming!

Lady Mary
March 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I've been keeping up with your progress on Tumblr, I love your hair! You also look really similar to me, like you could be my cousin (5 head and all) so you're kind of my hair-inspiration at the moment as your a bit ahead of me in length. Happy LHC anniversary! Here's to many more.

lapushka
March 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Amazing growth, and I have to say, the longer it gets, the more it suits you! You look gorgeous with your shoulder length hair! :D :thumbsup:

Colourful
March 4th, 2013, 11:46 AM
What a nice progress! + You look so beautiful!

ejking2
March 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Your hair is so pretty and you've made great progress with growth. Congrats on two years well spent!

Shadow Walker
March 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Amazing progress, it definitely suits you!

joflakes
March 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I love your hair! =) Well done. I hope my hair looks like yours on my 2 year hairaversary!

Kayleigh
March 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
That's some amazing growth! And can I say that I simply adore the color of your hair. I think that cut from april suits you real well, but the longer style looks great on you too. ;-) Happy hairy-versary!

Karo
March 4th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Stunning! love that shade. May I ask what your natural color is ?

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Stunning! love that shade. May I ask what your natural color is ?

Thanks! My natural colour is a ehm.. mousy dark blonde. I have to admit that I lighten my hair every 6 months or so, to make the red a little brighter since henna tends to darken hair after a while :)

:thud: thanks everyone!! You're too kind :flower:

young&reckless
March 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Your hair looks amazing! I have to say I love these shots, your photographer is awesome.

icallitbliss
March 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Gorgeous hair as always! :) You've been one of my hairspirations since joining LHC. Everytime I got frustrated I'd look at your progress blog or some others of people I know and thought, "They got through it, so can I!" But seriously, your length is beautiful. And the color. It must feel awesome! I don't know about you, but I'm NEVER cutting my hair that short again. (even though it can be tempting when I see a girl walking down the street with a rockin' short crop) The growing out period is just...well, you know. Too much! :p

oktobergoud
March 5th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Your hair looks amazing! I have to say I love these shots, your photographer is awesome.

Since that photographer is me, I thank you! :D

Gorgeous hair as always! :) You've been one of my hairspirations since joining LHC. Everytime I got frustrated I'd look at your progress blog or some others of people I know and thought, "They got through it, so can I!" But seriously, your length is beautiful. And the color. It must feel awesome! I don't know about you, but I'm NEVER cutting my hair that short again. (even though it can be tempting when I see a girl walking down the street with a rockin' short crop) The growing out period is just...well, you know. Too much! :p

Aww thanks!! I totally feel you. I have no idea if I could do this again, it's such a frustrating process! I don't even know where I got that patience from! I definitely couldn't have done it without this board, that's for sure! And if I can do it, seriously, everyone can. I have no patience/willpower in general, but I succeeded in this! My ultimate goal is BSL which will still 2 years or so.. it feels like it's taking forever. But it finally FINALLY feels long, sort of! Not proper long yet, but definitely not bob-pixie-short either :)

Hang in there, we can do it! ;) And I don't know if I ever cut my hair short, I think I will in the future. Pixie-short though? I don't know!

RavenBaby
March 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Seeing those pics makes me realize that your hair grows way way way faster than mine, wow :D love the colour too

lillikins
March 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Your hair looks amazing. :3 and you're really pretty too

Taika
March 6th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Your hair looks amazing!! I just love it. I have been henna and dye free for over a year(did a honey lightening a few times,but there was really no difference in color), my hair is now about the same length as yours (and natural colour too) I really miss the henna in it. The reason i stopped and bleached and chopped (to chin) was because of the henna becoming way too burgundy... I'm thinking about going back to henna, and since you wrote that you lighten yours every once and awhile i was wandering how? :) what do you use?

:flowers:

vanity_acefake
March 6th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Congratulations on your hair anniversary. Your hair is stunning. Both the colour and thickness.
:)

utdesertrunner
March 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I love love love your color! Wow!

Mommyof4
March 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
GORGEOUS hair and color! And it is definitely getting long!!

melusine963
March 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Your hair really suits you at this length. It looks lovely.

raingirl
March 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I LOVE your hair! Your colour is the one I wish my henna had gone too. But sadly my base colour is too light and I just ended up with flame coloured hair. But yours is dark and rich and absolutely stunning! And your hair is so thick!