PDA

View Full Version : Amazing youtube video involving french braid

eicamawa
February 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I was just looking around on youtube, jumping from one video to another when I came over this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjjY7ZYoXsM

I think this updo is jawdropping! I would so want to do this on myself (if I can manage), but I do have some questions. Have anyone tried something like this before? And my hair is almost tailbone, and a lot thicker than hes, any idea were I can put the "tail" thats left behind?

Please share your thought on the video, and how to do it youself, and tips if you have one :)

HylianGirl
February 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I saw that video before, a friend of mine challenge me do do that style. I tried it, and it seems easier on shorter hair, still, preety cool ^-^

Here's what my attempt looked like:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2904&d=1361994930

I gotta try it again though....

eicamawa
February 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
It's beautiful :D. What did you do with the ends? Just tuck them in like in the video?

HylianGirl
February 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
My braid was a bit longer than the one in the video, so I made a infinity-symbol-thingy with them on the top of the french parts of the braid arround the buns (I hope that makes sense x.x) and then I tucked in the ends ^-^ My arms hurt afterwars though xD And I only realised the visible pins after the pictures were taken xD Gotta work on thath too ^-^

Alexblue
February 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM
That is so unique!

eicamawa
February 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM
My braid was a bit longer than the one in the video, so I made a infinity-symbol-thingy with them on the top of the french parts of the braid arround the buns (I hope that makes sense x.x) and then I tucked in the ends ^-^ My arms hurt afterwars though xD And I only realised the visible pins after the pictures were taken xD Gotta work on thath too ^-^

Oh, that I'll try :)

HylianGirl
February 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Good luck ^-^ it took me a while, but it's such a cool style, and on your color the details will be easier to see =)

eicamawa
February 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thank you, I'll try it soon and see if I can manage it :)

Jeleebaby
February 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Will be trying this on the little one tomorrow :)

turquoisedays
February 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I've seen this around youtube before and haven't attempted it yet. I'm a very good french braider at this point so if it ever turns out decently I'll post a pic here. I'd use handholds method of french braiding so my arms don't get insanely tired.

jacqueline101
February 27th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Thats amazing.

Bagginslover
February 28th, 2013, 04:31 AM
I've seen this around youtube before and haven't attempted it yet. I'm a very good french braider at this point so if it ever turns out decently I'll post a pic here. I'd use handholds method of french braiding so my arms don't get insanely tired.

What is this method of which you speak? My arms get tired doing english braids, and french/dutch braid actually hurt! I'd love to know a way to make it easier!

spidermom
February 28th, 2013, 07:00 AM
What is this method of which you speak? My arms get tired doing english braids, and french/dutch braid actually hurt! I'd love to know a way to make it easier!

Work on building upper body/arm strengh with resistance exercise. It makes a huge difference.

melusine963
February 28th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Wow, what a great hairstyle! Unfortunately it's way beyond my skill level.

Angelica
February 28th, 2013, 11:42 AM
It did look very pretty, but way too time consuming and very easy to go wrong. I can imagine it would be a nightmare to take out as well.

Naiadryade
February 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
That's absolutely incredible. It just got better and better! There's no way I could manage it on myself, I can barely french braid on myself period... but the next time I have the chance to play with someone's hair for a while, I may find myself trying this.

eicamawa
March 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Finnished with first try. I'm really sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I don't have a god camera/someone to help me with the pictures at the moment, so I had to take what I had for hand... But I hope you'll get the point :) This is how it turned out:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj309/eicamawa/aring3_zps00c8139c.jpghttp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj309/eicamawa/aring1_zps25003f8b.jpghttp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj309/eicamawa/aring2_zps780614aa.jpg

TheMechaGinger
March 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM
:agape:

That was incredible! I think I might have literally made that face a couple times watching that

HylianGirl
March 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Eicamawa it looks really cute ^-^

eicamawa
March 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
HylianGirl: Thank you :)

IndigoOptimist
March 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
I've had that video on my favourites for ages!! Your attempt looks good, better than I could do. I haven't even tried it, but then again, I have problems with doing a normal French braid... My arms start to ache and I get hot a frustrated after that... I can do them, it just annoys me :P