PDA

View Full Version : Gemstones for Healthy Hair

Purdy Bear
February 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I've just found this article about gemstones and using them for healthy hair:

http://voices.yahoo.com/shared/print.shtml?content_type=article&content_type_id=6077498

There are a lot of metaphysical things like crystal therapy so you can pickup stones etc from most shops that deal with that subject. I know it is said that if you hold a stone in your hand your body heat will effect it and thus help its 'powers' to come into your body through the chakras or skin. I'm sure there are quite a few that would say it was hocum, but it's worth a try (especially in my case and I already have a lot of stones already thus no further cost to me).

There is also the placebo effect that must be taken into consideration. In the case of Alopecia there has been sudden total remission from the disease of which I have Univarlis (total body hair loss) and those in the know haven't got a clue why it happens, as it has been proven that the it is genetics not viral.

I'd love to hear of your opinion. I'm going to try the stones anyway, I don't have much to loose do I.

HairFaerie
February 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I have used gemstones for various things throughout my whole life. So, I would totally be on board with this! :)

jillosity
February 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I'm on the woo-woo boat myself and I already do affirmations for healthy hair growth (among other things), so this makes sense to me.

Khiwanean
February 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I remembered seeing an old thread on stones for hair, so I looked it up and found it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=48434.

jacqueline101
February 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I don't know if I'd do it or not I'd have to see if it worked.

ghost
February 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I already use gemstones when I'm working towards other things that I want, but for some reason it never occurred to me to do the same for my hair!
I like the idea of using moonstone. Not as anything superfancy like an elixir, just carrying it around.

Naiadryade
February 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cool! I have a bunch of stones somewhere... I just moved, so when I find them, I'll probably pop one in my mister bottle. Can't hurt!

Purdy Bear
February 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know the right way of carrying them on you? I've got those little jewelry bags I could use and put one on a ribbon round my neck. It's Winter here so it wont show. In the Summer I could just put it in a pocket or tie it to a belt I'm wearing.

ratgirldjh
February 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
This is interesting! Due to a recent experiment with a SLS based hair cleaner I had been losing a few hair. Yesterday I changed back to my more gentle methods and also had the urge to add a moonstone pendant to a necklace that I have been wearing! So I am wearing a moonstone! Wonder if my hair 'requested' it? ;)

akilina
February 28th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I do this myself :)

I became interested several months ago, and found a few threads here on LHC, and even archived threads with some info.

I also did some internet research on specific stones and picked out a handful.

My biggest thing is that I have to charge them in the moon light, and have made moon water stone infusions with them. You can use the sun too I guess.

The stones I use are: Amethyst, Moon stone, rose quartz, aventurine, and unakite.

I usually keep them in a little medicine bag and keep them near. I haven't charged them though in several months, or really used them so they need to be re-charged. My favorite was making the moon water elixir. Since some of these stones can't be submersed in water you can put a glass cup within another glass cup with the water in it and leave it out all night in the light of a full moon. I filled a little tiny spray bottle up with it, and added rose mary and orange oil. It was divine! I sprayed it on my scalp constantly and it felt so nice in the summer. It never got oily, but it was really refreshing and smelled so nice. I even used it like body spray sometimes.
I drank the left over plain water, and I dont know if it was any conjunction but I had an amazing day that day. I could definitely feel it, and I don't care who wants to laugh at that ;) I used water from my tap because its not treated in any way shape or form, and comes from the ground right where I live. You can collect rain water for it too.

Another thing I did with the charged stones is I would massage my scalp with them. I really should re-charge them soon, as with all of my crystals around the house. I definitely feel a positive effect when I use my stones.

In2wishin
February 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I already use gemstones when I'm working towards other things that I want, but for some reason it never occurred to me to do the same for my hair!
I like the idea of using moonstone. Not as anything superfancy like an elixir, just carrying it around.

I love moonstones. They are also helpful to facilitate transitions.

Does anyone know the right way of carrying them on you? I've got those little jewelry bags I could use and put one on a ribbon round my neck. It's Winter here so it wont show. In the Summer I could just put it in a pocket or tie it to a belt I'm wearing.

My mojo bag has a green moonstone and an aventurine in it. I keep it in my purse or around my neck. the bag itself is leather and made from an inexpensive kit I found at a craft store.

I understand that the closer the crystal is to the skin, the more effective it is. Direct contact is best. That isn't always practical but pendants and earrings are good alternatives. Do you know anyone who does wire wrapping? That would be one way to wear it as a pendant but keep enough open space for some to touch the skin.

At the risk of being TMI: i am a bit busty so if I have a stone charged for a specific purpose ( like a job interview) I will stuff it under one of my breasts and let the weight hold it in place.

My bag and stones:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/mojo_zpsc5c06d95.jpg

Naiadryade
February 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM
At the risk of being TMI: i am a bit busty so if I have a stone charged for a specific purpose ( like a job interview) I will stuff it under one of my breasts and let the weight hold it in place.

Haha, I love this!!

ghost
February 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM

Purdy Bear, I just buy the loose stones and wrap them with silver wire to make little pendants. It doesn't take more than a few minutes and I find it easier than carrying a charm bag.

long&blonde
February 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I am actually a big believer in crystals.
But I've never noticed any effect on them,with my hair.
I have a big natural quartz,thats having a love affair with my jade plant. The plant grows towards it,more than towards the sun.
Hmmmmmm......
But I wouldn't do that to my jade plant. The one time I took the crystal off my sill, the plant definitely went into a droop.
So i just said ok,this is real,and the 2 are a couple ever since. I've seen a lot with crystals,not hair growth tho. Plant growth & plant love, yes. :)
Good luck!

long&blonde
February 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
For best effect, the wire wrapped so crystal touchs your skin as you wear it.
But I have done a medicine bag with crystal,in my sports bra!

long&blonde
February 28th, 2013, 11:01 PM
And yes I've had my medicine bag full of stones fall out of my bra during a staff meeting!
Everyone laughed. They thought it was condoms! Lol! I didn't correct them either!

Purdy Bear
March 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM
LOL!

I love all the suggestions. I will have to look see if I have some wire wrapped crystals I can use, and get out the bags I need.

I know you can get the wire wraps empty in local shops, so I presume you would be able to get them on Ebay and the like.

I've ordered two of all the stones, so one lot to go under my pillow and the other on me. I've also sent 'little Drs' to go into my DNA to sort out the problem there, as Alopecia is a genetic illness. There is definately a transition going on with me, so I think this has come at the right time. :)

When the next full moon happens here, I'll have to put the crystals out to 'charge' after giving them a good wash/cleansing prayer. We don't have much sun here in the UK this time of year.

In2wishin
March 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
And yes I've had my medicine bag full of stones fall out of my bra during a staff meeting!
Everyone laughed. They thought it was condoms! Lol! I didn't correct them either!

:laugh:
Never had THAT happen but I did have one I forgot about until it fell out in the shower the next morning.

Moonstones are often cut and polished into round cabochons so an open backed cabochon pendant setting will work similarly to wire wrapping. Get the pre-notched kind and it is super simple to set it yourself with a small pliers. This http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-Silver-Round-Cabochon-Pendant-Casting-3-14mm-/370506634878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item95039e46b0 is the kind I have used.

Othala
March 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
I am very interested in this. Thanks for the posts and links everyone. I think I have a crystal encyclopaedia somewhere...off to find it...