PDA

View Full Version : Overly stressed and LOTS of shedding.. help me please.. ):

Kayla Nyx
February 25th, 2013, 10:25 PM
With a couple stressful events happening the past couple months.. my family and I are again desperately searching for a 3rd home to move into within 5 months. First our landlord gives up short notice and kicks us out (he was selling the duplex). We managed to rent a home of one of my mothers friends. The day we moved in they put a For Sale sign up and we had to move in the middle of the winter... into mothers DBF house. mothers DBF's house is now being foreclosed on and we have to move again... STRESS

My DBF Has been very sick lately, with intestinal bleeding and a bunch of other things. Doctors still dont know what is wrong with him after 3 months. STRESS

I am a Junior in High School and taking a couple collage classes to help myself get ahead for the job I want to have. Lots of homework, so little time.. STRESS.

With all these things happening at once I am feeling a little run down and I feel as if I have no one to turn to for comfort..
And now my hair is starting to shed like crazy.

from 6:50 am until 11:30 pm., throughout the day I have ran my fingers through my hair and collected enough strands to make the size of a softball all wadded up tightly together. and this scares me because I dont normally shed all that much..

What should I do guys..? ): Im kinda scared.

Kayla Nyx
February 26th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Is there anything i can do..?

jacqueline101
February 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
That would cause the shed that's some heavy stress.

Angelica
February 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Stop running your hands through your hair, just braid it after detangling and "forget" about it. It could be you are worrying it and more is coming out that actually would if you stopped handling it. Your husband is the most important issue here, so concentrate on him and try to keep your health up. Worrying, unfortunately, won't help either your hair or your husband. :(

ravenreed
February 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hang in there. I have had similar sheds from stressful periods in my life and it will grow back. Maybe try some meditation or something to help your body cope with everything going on. You should also make sure you are taking vitamins, especially the B's to help with the stress too. Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is possibly some rosemary rinses. I used rosemary when I had a shed after a surgery and it seems to help.

Kaelee
February 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
*HUGS*

If it's any comfort, my hair did this when I was about 12 or 13.... abuse at home, mental illness rearing it's ugly head, puberty.... I'd run my fingers through my hair and a CLUMP (I guess about 5 strands or so) would come out from one place.

I don't know how to stop it, but if it is indeed stress, once said stress passes the shedding will stop and your hair will grow back. I'm guessing you're pretty young if you're a junior in high school. By the time you're in your 20's, most of this will be a distant memory, so hang in there!

kittengirl
February 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry your going through that! Has DBF been checked for ulcerative colitis? I was diagnosed when I was 15 and bleeding is a symptom of it. I hope everything gets better.

Winnie!
February 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
The only thing that can really help you if becoming unstressed. When I'm extremely stressed out, I find that exercise helps a lot! Also, meditation as other have suggested, would help too. Find something that relaxes you and take time to do it. Stress is dangerous to your health, and remember your health is very important.

Kayla Nyx
March 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Update : losing what seems like even more hair. Normally I use to lose 20-50 hairs a day. Now Im losing wads of hair like this every 4 hours.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vOqOBHC9Zdw/UTq-pWS_EQI/AAAAAAAAAfo/epHKXWJSXxs/s512/861911_174905795991592_1620485380_n.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-G_tiae0P7Pk/UTq-pQ7ojAI/AAAAAAAAAfw/K6kxDXDqY0k/s640/862820_174905879324917_22384290_n.jpg

Im scared guys... it wont stop and its driving me nuts

Kaelee
March 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I think you should see a doctor if you can. This could be a sign of a thyroid problem or something else (if it's thyroid it's an easy fix though.)

Allychan
March 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Here's my 2c worth. When you stress, an overproduction of Cortisol is produced and feeds into raising your stress levels, it can contribute to restlessness, lack of sleep, anxiety, food cravings, hair shedding. Some foods to counteract cortisol and lower it's levels are salmon, oranges, meat, poultry and eggs. Rosehip oil massages can counter it and so does sleep. Hope that helps in some way!!

itdontmatter48
March 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Have you tried ACV rinses? It has helped me with the excessive shedding, plus makes my hair feel incredible. Good luck dear.

RavenBaby
March 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
This must be very upsetting, I really hope the shedding stops soon. For me, chamomile and green tea always relaxes me and I drink it several times a day when I'm stressed, it helps a little.

nakima
March 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I had this same thing happen to me several years ago due to stress and I am going thru it again now :( but the good news is if it is stress and not a medical reason for your fall out( it will get better) it takes time and the best thing to do is make yourself stop worrying about it! easier said than done I know but once you except that you cant change it you will relax and it will begin turning around on its own. Breath and focus on other things. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now so maybe look at it and ask what can I change and work on those things and the ones you cant just try to except it.Creator Grant me the serenity to except the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.I hope this helps :) Good luck and stay strong!

iluvlovelylocks
March 10th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I cant totally relate to you right now. I have been going through so much stress in my life. In fact, I am in the most stress I've ever been in my life right now. I have been losing wads of hair. It's sad because I always had thick hair and now it's a little thin :( But I know it will grow back. I am doing a little Pilates to calm my stress and eating healthier. Seems to help. Also, for some reason, I lose less hair when I CO wash. Not sure why when a lot of people shed MORE doing this.

bekstamonkey
March 13th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I suffer from acute clinical depression and anxiety, so stress has unfortunately been a way of life for me for years. Hair shedding has become particularly bad over the past year - doctors ruled out everything they could think of, and put it down to stress. Nothing helped...until recently. I started taking prenatal vitamins and silica tablets, and within a few days, my shedding had reduced dramatically. Prior to prenatals, I could easily and fully clog-up my tangle teezer every few days (that is a LOT of hair!), now, there's hardly any shedding. Not saying it's a cure-all for everyone in this shedding boat, but it certainly has worked for me!

Kayla Nyx
April 4th, 2013, 09:17 PM
UPDATE:

Went to the doctors the other day. Found out I had Bronchitis. Hurts to breathe ):

Told them about my hair loss problem and they drew blood to check my thyroid, for last year I was having weird fluctuations with my Number.. Normal thyroid number should be around 4.-- something. Mine was 0.03. which is the reason I am losing hair and am suffering from depression. Going back for more blood labs in about a month...