PDA

View Full Version : Hair aniversarries

writer_mom
February 25th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Do you celebrate them? If you do then how? This question peaked my curiosity because I just realized my own growing anniversary is only two months away. Up to today I have gained 6 inches of length, going from a mere 26 to a whopping 32 inches. So tell me, how to mark this momentous occasion? :D

melusine963
February 25th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I have too many hair related anniversaries to really keep track of. There's when I first decided to grow my hair long, when I found the LHC and started taking proper care of my hair, when I actually joined the LHC... All I really do is keep measuring and monitoring how I'm doing. :)

writer_mom
February 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
the day I joined LHC is when I started growing mine out, so they are the same to me :) But that is about what I am doing for now. 32 inches is the longest I have ever had my hair, without mom lopping it off against my will. Yay freedom :P

jacqueline101
February 25th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Most people put pictures of their growth on their thread.

bradlea
February 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Congrats! Make sure to post a thread with pictures of your progress, those are my favorite threads to see :] I'm going to count my anniversary as around the time I cut off my dreads and damaged hair and shaved the side of my head, which was early July. I can't wait to see how much progress I've made. :3

SerinaDaith
February 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I haven't had one yet that I will bother to count individual of my one year here. I plan on starting a one year thread with pictures. I may even dig up some of my pre LHC cuts just because. I am at one year dye free this month but my LHC aniversary will be close enough that I will lump them together for the sake of my lazy.

OakTreeGirl
February 25th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I don't have a specific date, but I first made a firm decision to grow my hair long close to the first day of 2012. (Can't remember exactly if it was a few days before or a few days after.) This january, I did make a note of how long my hair has grown and it feels good. :)

Carolyn
February 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I know when I joined LHC because the date is in my profile. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue. I know kind of when I found Jennifer Bahney's Longhairlovers site before LHC because that coincides with a couple of other things that were going on in my life. I don't celebrate my join date in any way. But I don't celebrate my wedding anniversary either :shrug: Anniversaries aren't a big deal to me. I'm not even sure any more which year I first reached waist length.