PDA

View Full Version : Request for hair help.

writer_mom
February 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
It has been a while since I have been here, but you guys are the only people I know who might be able to help me.

I typically use non-cone stuff because I tend to curl my hair, this has worked well for me despite some frizz here and there. Well, 2 months ago the frizz got bad so I grabbed some A-cone poo and con from Garnier. they worked well the first time but after that I had to avoid the conditioner because the gack started. No matter how long I rinsed, my hair would not come clean. I only used the A-cone poo a handful of times before going back to my cone free sauve stuff.
Typically I try to wash once a week, but can't seem to manage more than 3-4 days; I get waxy, greasy, and good gosh the itch. a month after I used the cones (one week total really of cone use) my hair suddenly would not come clean after the conditioner. I would rinse for over 10 minutes and it still would not come clean. When it dries there is a greasy film that feels like leftover conditioner.
I have not used anything on my hair other than small bits of shea, but that is when I don't use con and my hair feels rough when wet (saying dry would be moronic :P)

could something have happened to my water to cause this? None of the herbal meds I take would do this, I know that much.

Medicines: fennel, fenugreek, damiana, wild yam, saw palmetto, very low dose of black cohosh, and maca root

Thank you for your time and help.

lapushka
February 24th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Typically I try to wash once a week, but can't seem to manage more than 3-4 days; I get waxy, greasy, and good gosh the itch. a month after I used the cones (one week total really of cone use) my hair suddenly would not come clean after the conditioner. I would rinse for over 10 minutes and it still would not come clean. When it dries there is a greasy film that feels like leftover conditioner.
I have not used anything on my hair other than small bits of shea, but that is when I don't use con and my hair feels rough when wet (saying dry would be moronic :P)

could something have happened to my water to cause this? None of the herbal meds I take would do this, I know that much.

I hate to say it, but I'm thinking the shea butter is not washing out. Try clarifying and do that more than once and stop using the shea butter for a number of weeks.

writer_mom
February 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I will try that. Thanks for the input. If it does not work, then what do you think it could be?

Vanilla
February 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I would also say the Shea butter may be the culprit here.

lapushka
February 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I will try that. Thanks for the input. If it does not work, then what do you think it could be?

Other than that, I have no clue. But keep up with the clarifying for a while. A regular sl(e)s, non-cone shampoo should do!

rock007junkie
February 24th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Like the others have stated, make sure you clarify once in a while. Sometimes even if we are not using cones the hair needs it. Al those oils and butters we use don't completely absorb somtimes and need to be washed out.

writer_mom
February 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Okay, thanks :) I will keep you all posted

writer_mom
February 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2885&d=1361808853
Thanks everyone, I did as you said with an overnight moisture treatment (codish/oil) and now my hair feels better