PDA

View Full Version : Hair tutorial gone wrong!

teal
February 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
I searched before posting, hope it hasn't been posted already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CvCzOc5RJQ

What would YOU do?? Oh my...

akilina
February 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Lol poor girl. I mean, its been posted just here 3 times already. Maybe more, then I know at least 10 people who have posted this on FB. Times that by millions! LOL maybe after all of this, she will start making money off her you tube video :p I guess that makes for some sort of compensation of melting ones hair off.

teal
February 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Oh man :/ three times already?? Sigh. I'm never on the bleeding edge.

samanthaj08
February 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
I felt like it was staged when I saw it. Maybe that's just me :/

akilina
February 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
I felt like it was staged when I saw it. Maybe that's just me :/

I aaaalmost wondered the same thing....Seriously! I mean..I could see how it would be easy to fake, but at the same time, You would see all of the hair around the wand melting most likely. It would be very easy to fake though with some synthetic hair. But then again, I don't see why someone would do that. Yet still, some people are a different kind of strange.

samanthaj08
February 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
I aaaalmost wondered the same thing....Seriously! I mean..I could see how it would be easy to fake, but at the same time, You would see all of the hair around the wand melting most likely. It would be very easy to fake though with some synthetic hair. But then again, I don't see why someone would do that. Yet still, some people are a different kind of strange.

Same reason why some random girl pretended she was eating a tampon. Ohhh the price of 'fame' these days :p

Syaoransbear
February 23rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
I really don't think this was a hoax, I can't imagine she's that good of an actor. Just from the way she grasps at where her hair should have been had it not been burned off, and the way she is in absolute disbelief and keeps expecting her hair to be there makes me think it's legitimate.

I don't think she knew it would go viral, there's stuff like this all over youtube with like 40 views.

jacqueline101
February 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
What's so funny about burnt hair? I mean why would you let someone post it if it went wrong. I wonder if they did it on purpose.

joflakes
February 24th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Poor girl!

RavenBaby
February 24th, 2013, 08:48 AM
If it was real how did it burn off like that? was the curling on on like 400 degrees celsius lol

Kome
February 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah. I saw that on Facebook. I was a bit confused about how it melted off so quickly unless that it like some 800 degree iron in which I don't think she would have had her fingers so close to it. Then again... I did burn my shoulder with my curling iron on New Years Eve and all I did was tap it on accident. It blistered up and everything.

Kaelee
February 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah. I saw that on Facebook. I was a bit confused about how it melted off so quickly unless that it like some 800 degree iron in which I don't think she would have had her fingers so close to it. Then again... I did burn my shoulder with my curling iron on New Years Eve and all I did was tap it on accident. It blistered up and everything.

I just looked at a cone shaped curling iron from Conair, that appears similar to the one used in the video. It heats to 400*F (for reference, water boils at 212*F and paper ignites at around 450*F, depending on the type of paper. Curling irons have been known to start fires if they're knocked into wastebaskets etc. The flammability of paper depends on the type of paper, quality, etc.) Products such as hairspray, oil or gel will have a huge effect on how easily hair burns as well.

I suspect a lot of people really have no concept of how hot these things get when they put them on their hair.

faellen
February 25th, 2013, 02:58 AM
I have to admit I did giggle at this. It's her look of absolute disbelief, lol

Viola88
February 25th, 2013, 03:46 AM
She had some split end repair product on her hair. That's what she is saying caused the mishap.

HylianGirl
February 25th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I saw it on facebook, and it seems real to me, considering what Syaoransbear said. But it did make me wonder how did her hair burn like that? I mean, her hair doesn't seem to be in bad condition... I could be wrong though. Still, I never saw it happen. I also wondered if she didn't smell that, about 4 years ago I used to straighten my hair everyday, and sometimes the ends of my hair would smell a bit burned from the flat iron, and that's how I knew it was time for a trim.... and to think that nowadays I don't even own a blowfrier xD

UltraBella
February 25th, 2013, 07:41 AM
This absolutely can happen.
We have a curling iron that looks identical at the salon, it heats up to 430 degrees. The burnt portion of her hair was in contact with the iron for a very long time, she wrapped it so slowly and adjusted as she went - that's a HUGE no. You wrap quickly and release. Lingering gets you a nice chunk of hair missing......

writer_mom
February 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
This is the very reason I AVIOD heat tools, especially irons.

SerinaDaith
February 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Totally an oh honey moment, this remindes me that I am glad I accidentally got rid of all of my heat tools.