PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for Couch Surfing?

pixietail
February 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
I have my hair up in a bun most of the day to protect it, but I find that that is not really comfortable when vegging out in the evenings. Whether it's reading or watching TV, I like to flop down and smoosh myself into my couch/bed. If my husband is there I like to smoosh myself into him lol. But the sticks, pins, etc are always poking either me or him.

Braiding it in the evenings helps, but I also wear braids at night so I'm getting bored of it. Does anyone have other hairstyle suggestions that are good for lying on and are snuggle-friendly??

neko_kawaii
February 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
I find that things held with spin pins and placed higher up are least offensive in this respect. Also, if there is a side you are prone to lean on, try placing a bun near the opposite ear.

jacqueline101
February 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
I'd try a braid let it hang down your back.

schweedie
February 22nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Okay, I can't be the only person who read this title and thought pixietail was actually going couch surfing, right? *g*

I agree with Neko, though. Something like a cinnabun held with spin pins or a lazy wrap with a small fork, worn high up on top of my head work well for me for those purposes. :) (Although mostly I wear a braid.)

melusine963
February 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
I can make a pretty flat cinnabun. Held with spin pins, it's very comfortably to lean back on.

torrilin
February 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Spin pins or u pins or small forks to hold stuff. It'll depend on your hair and body what exact style and position are most comfortable, but the pins rule thing seems to be pretty universal. Sticky outy pokey bits are no good for snuggling.

I tend to find buns that stick out a lot from my head or neck very uncomfortable to sleep on, unless they're placed as a topknot... and the topknot placement is about the least secure way to put a bun on my head. Obviously mileage varies on this one :). For me nape buns that are very flat are a good compromise of secure and comfortable. Celtic knot buns and Gibraltar buns are both pretty easy and very flat.

ghost
February 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
I usually do a cinnabun at my nape or in a topknot, and just hold it in place with a scrunchie.

Aliped
February 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Topknot works for my veg-out time :)

lunalocks
February 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
I put my forks in vertically now. DH still calls them "weapons".

Depending on how long your hair is, try this. Make a french braid, then put a fork or stick vertically in from top of braid to bottom of head, and wrap the braid around the fork in a circle and tuck in the ends. (I think this is called the pinless bun). Then secure it down with spin pins and remove the stick or fork. It will be flattish and spread out and very comfortable.

The other bun I do for sleeping is a high up seashell bun with spin pins. I get great bun waves in the morning.

Pantsless Amy
February 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Another vote for the top knot. I wear mine with a short four inch stick that doesn't poke out the sides. Very comfy and effortless.

pixietail
February 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
These are some great suggestions! I'll have to try out the top knots for sure!

Synnovea
February 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM
I also rock the topknot or a high lazy wrap for relaxation time. Either spin pins or little claw clips work best for me.

kpzra
February 23rd, 2013, 12:38 AM
My go-to lately has been a lazy wrap bun on the crown of my head, I even do it while in the truck then lower it when we arrive at wherever. My husband used to make fun of it until I poked him with one of my sharper sticks. :D

goldloli
February 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Okay, I can't be the only person who read this title and thought pixietail was actually going couch surfing, right? *g*

ya! I totes expected this thread to be about couch surfing... I was like huh, what would work for situations where you're unable to wash/style frequently?

Becky9679
February 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
My sleep cap is definitely the most comfortable for couch time but that's not an updo :p

anitacs9101
February 23rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Another top knot vote. I twist my hair on the very top of my head and secure with 4 spin pins, it stays put for days and I hardly know it's there!