PDA

View Full Version : La Raggiera hair style/head pieces.

ravenreed
February 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
I follow a folk costume blog and the post today shows the most amazing hairstyle. I thought the folks here at LHC would appreciate the time it must have taken to get this all worked out. Scroll down a bit to see the hairstyle and head pieces. I wonder where I could get my hands on one!

http://folkcostume.blogspot.com/2013/02/costume-of-brianza-italy-and.html

MasCat
February 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Oh wow. Totally want those hairpins. I would'nt probably wear the whole thing, but I would definitely use those hairpins. And maybe, for a big oomph I'd do the whole thing?

jacqueline101
February 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
That's neat.

Dorothy
February 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Those are totally fabulous. Why are there none on Ebay? There is everything on Ebay.

ravenreed
February 22nd, 2013, 11:21 PM
Yah, I know. I looked too.

Those are totally fabulous. Why are there none on Ebay? There is everything on Ebay.

leslissocool
February 22nd, 2013, 11:59 PM
:cheese: we have an Oktoberfest holiday in the summer where people dress up in their folk costumes and eat sausages and meat and drink beer and dance polka songs from their native dialects. Language varies completely area to areas and they do sell those pins and costumes still but you have to go there.

Wavelength
February 23rd, 2013, 12:03 AM
I think they look great, but I'd be terrified of losing one and ruining the entire set! :D

Kaelee
February 23rd, 2013, 12:06 AM
That is awesome!!!!! :D

AnnaJamila
February 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
My jaw literally dropped. Oh my goodness golly goshness that's gorgeous! I love hair pins!

kpzra
February 23rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
I think they look great, but I'd be terrified of losing one and ruining the entire set! :D

Me too! Or having my daughter poke herself, she like to try and do her hair.

ravenreed
February 23rd, 2013, 01:16 AM
We have some of the more common festivities and groups here, such as a Greek Fest, an Asian Festival, a Japanese Festival that I believe is called Akimatsuri, and so on. There was just recently a Klezmer festival. It is one of the more charming things about Albuquerque. We are small, but we have a very metropolitan feel. I will keep an eye out for hair pins like that, but I don't think I will see them IRL. Even when I lived in Los Angeles, I never ran across such things. Ebay. I shall stalk Ebay.

:cheese: we have an Oktoberfest holiday in the summer where people dress up in their folk costumes and eat sausages and meat and drink beer and dance polka songs from their native dialects. Language varies completely area to areas and they do sell those pins and costumes still but you have to go there.

leslissocool
February 23rd, 2013, 01:31 AM
We have some of the more common festivities and groups here, such as a Greek Fest, an Asian Festival, a Japanese Festival that I believe is called Akimatsuri, and so on. There was just recently a Klezmer festival. It is one of the more charming things about Albuquerque. We are small, but we have a very metropolitan feel. I will keep an eye out for hair pins like that, but I don't think I will see them IRL. Even when I lived in Los Angeles, I never ran across such things. Ebay. I shall stalk Ebay.

IF you are ever close to Canada there is an alpine community. They'll have them. I can check I'm an hour away.

You won't find them much, there aren't very many alpine people around and the ones that are tend to gather in the mountains and the cold :lol:. At least that's why my family does. Some people travel to find warmth, the ones in the alps travel to find cold.

ravenreed
February 23rd, 2013, 02:41 AM
You have to go where you are comfortable. I grew up with warm SoCal beaches, and the cold does me in. Lol!

IF you are ever close to Canada there is an alpine community. They'll have them. I can check I'm an hour away.

You won't find them much, there aren't very many alpine people around and the ones that are tend to gather in the mountains and the cold :lol:. At least that's why my family does. Some people travel to find warmth, the ones in the alps travel to find cold.

PixieKitten
February 23rd, 2013, 05:23 AM
Wow, those look amazing! My first thought was how similar it was to a peacock's tail feathers fanning out!

whitedove
February 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Looks amazing! But on first sight I did think they were wearing teaspoons :o

kme81
February 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM
So beautiful, the vast number of examples in that link were pure eye candy!

kpzra
February 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
These almost look like they could do a faux version

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Antickquities?section_id=6904694