PDA

View Full Version : Refined coconut oil

BambooBeauty
February 21st, 2013, 09:03 AM
I was running out of my coconut oil so my boyfrind bought me more we've had it for almost a month so I can't take it back to the store now. I just opened it today and i looked at the label and its refined coconut oil. Is it going to make that much of a difference? It's Spectrum Naturals Organic Coconut Oil and i used to use Nutiva Coconut Oil . This new one doesn't smell or taste like coconut at all. Is it still fine to cook and put on my skin and hair?...Thank you!

Vrindi
February 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
I'm using the same stuff. It still works! Sad that it doesn't smell like coconuts though, but it keeps me from eating my hair. :p

In2wishin
February 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
I was running out of my coconut oil so my boyfrind bought me more we've had it for almost a month so I can't take it back to the store now. I just opened it today and i looked at the label and its refined coconut oil. Is it going to make that much of a difference? It's Spectrum Naturals Organic Coconut Oil and i used to use Nutiva Coconut Oil . This new one doesn't smell or taste like coconut at all. Is it still fine to cook and put on my skin and hair?...Thank you!

Yes, it works just the same. Some of us prefer the refined over unrefined.