PDA

View Full Version : mother shaved of her daughters hair!

DancingQueen
February 20th, 2013, 06:32 AM
I am just so angry right now! I just want to #*@A%&+§ that mother who did this! How can you do that to a child? I don't even have words for that kind of cruelty! :steam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nIj1tMJhFI

Purdy Bear
February 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Oh give me that mother for ten minutes!

My mother cut my TBL hair off using a basin litterally on my head and cutting round it, I was 11 years old. I had just changed schools and went the whole year with the psychological effects and the bullying etc. My mother had said I could go to a hairdresser and get it properly cut, I saved up and booked the appointment for her to suddenly say I couldnt go and she would do it. My mother was a complete B***H and that is how this girl will see her own mother, that is if she ever survives the mental effects of this which I doubt.

maborosi
February 20th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Oh give me that mother for ten minutes!

My mother cut my TBL hair off using a basin litterally on my head and cutting round it, I was 11 years old. I had just changed schools and went the whole year with the psychological effects and the bullying etc. My mother had said I could go to a hairdresser and get it properly cut, I saved up and booked the appointment for her to suddenly say I couldnt go and she would do it. My mother was a complete B***H and that is how this girl will see her own mother, that is if she ever survives the mental effects of this which I doubt.

Oh yeah, the "bowl cut"- that was a big style back when my mom was in school. :( I'm sorry you had to go through that- that is just awful.

I remember this story being posted last year, IIRC? Or I might be thinking of a different one.

That sort of thing is extremely damaging emotionally to someone- imagine if someone just decided to cut off your hair that you took years to grow. It's messed-up on so many levels. The person would feel powerless and like they don't have control over their own life. I hope the mother gets help and the daughter is able to be given some kind of therapy or support. That is just so wrong. :(

~maborosi~

DancingQueen
February 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Oh my god, I feel so bad for you :( How does anyone do that to their own child!? But this girl did not only got a headshave, she had to be humiliated like that - because of grades! How can any mother be that cruel?

Cowgirl16
February 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
This is Child Abuse plain and simple. You do not shame a 12 year old into doing better in school!! What happened to plain ol' discipline? Take away her privileges; phone, facebook, ground her.
I hope she can overcome this humiliation, twelve is a hard age....

gillybeanxo3921
February 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I can't even..

this is horrible. It makes me want to throw up.

MegaMystery
February 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Awful just horrible :( The thing that I'm wondering though, there was a croud of neighbours watching, and nobody thought to give the girl a blanket or some oversized tshirt to cover herself with and take her into their home to wait for the police, away from the crowd? I'm just assuming, because it doesn't say anything like that under the video.

hafattack
February 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I hope she is miserable in jail

berr
February 20th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Awful just horrible :( The thing that I'm wondering though, there was a croud of neighbours watching, and nobody thought to give the girl a blanket or some oversized tshirt to cover herself with and take her into their home to wait for the police, away from the crowd? I'm just assuming, because it doesn't say anything like that under the video.

Taking her inside your own house could likely involve you in legal action by the parents or perhaps the police. However, a blanket would not be out of the question. Neither would be a call to child protective services before a crowd had to gather. the mother needs her ass kicked.

Cowgirl16
February 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I can't find the video anywhere; it does say on someones you-tube that the mother was arrested; thats good. But yeah...why did none of the bystanders intervene? Had I been there I most certainly would of!

leslissocool
February 20th, 2013, 10:05 AM
OH HELL NO!!!

Ok, I can understand wanting to punish a child. Can't you get her a clown outfit or a sign that says "I have bad grades" or something? SHAVE her head and put a DIAPER on her? I don't even let my kids out in diapers and they are toddlers, that to me is exposure, a 12 year old like that is basically in her underwear. That's NOT ok, that is abuse. Punishing your child should be about teaching consequences for your actions, NOT to just make them miserable.

My stepson told me he would much rather be embarrassed than grounded so I don't believe in this type of punishment at all. Knowing my stepson he would have put on a show for the people watching :rolleyes: or start to break dance for money, or even ask for milk (or to be breastfed). Which would end up in me laughing and taping it and reinforcing the behavior in the end and he never learning anything. Now I can bet money that girl didn't learn anything about good grades, if I that was me I'd just think my parents hate me and I'd be traumatized and I would feel violated.

I feel REALLY bad for that girl, I'm glad someone called the police :(. I agree with the videos I think this is actually as bad as a physical abuse. I also completely agree with expecting a child to make good grades when her OWN parents are willing to shame her and beat her down like that. I am so glad I use ABA techniques with my children, positive reinforcement all the way.

Kaelee
February 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'm not going to try to find the video but this is just disgusting. What a horrible sad disgusting excuse for a "parent".

akilina
February 20th, 2013, 11:08 AM
That is a really sick and twisted punishment. Not just the hair, but more so....making her wear a diaper outside of the home..In nothing else but a tank top? Then having her pick up garbage and I am sure neighborhood people and passerbys saw. Really gross. Poor girl :(

I wonder why on earth the mother would be inspired to do something THAT extreme over the girl having bad grades?

rach
February 20th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I hope she is miserable in jail

What hafattack said

lapushka
February 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
The hair and shaving of it aren't even the issue here. This mother is crazy and has serious issues; she doesn't deserve to raise a child.

Sharysa
February 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Sweet lord, I didn't even have to watch the video to be absolutely terrified. I'm really glad that the mother is in jail now, but the poor girl is going to NEED therapy and CPS.

Falcore
February 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
This is so sick! Oh, my gosh...

bekstamonkey
February 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Oh. My. Gosh!!! :O

How does that punishment even fit the ''crime" ??? (not that I'd call lower grades than desired a 'crime')...wow this made me really angry, and so sad. Think of the psychological scarring as a result of this stupid, stupid act by a stupid, stupid woman! I vote for dishing out the same punishment to the mother (for starters)...get her in a diaper, head-shaved and have her pick-up trash on the interstate...and get that kid to a home where she'll be actually cared for rather than abused. I'm so very much against the whole nanny-state concept, but damn, instances like this make me wonder why we don't have to get licenses to breed. Clearly some are not up to the task.

McFearless
February 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
The hair cut is not the issue in itself. It is the malicious intent and humiliation. How awful that woman is to get pleasure out of degrading her child. I hope she has a full recovery.

ghost
February 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I am way, way more disturbed by the rest of the punishment than I am by the head shaving, but I do agree that even "just" having your head shaved would be traumatic. The whole thing just sucks, and those parents deserve to have their child taken away.
I feel so bad for that poor kid. Hopefully she is placed in a better situation where she can recover from this and any other emotional or physical abuse her parents inflicted on her.

gnome82
February 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM
I read the caption, I did not want to watch it after reading what was done. It is appalling.

AnqeIicDemise
February 21st, 2013, 01:58 AM
You know, at first I wasn't horrified. I thought it was a knee-jerk reaction of the OP. (Probably because I grew up in an Asian community and little girls routinely get their head shaven for religious or cultural reasons.)

Then I kept reading and finally I watched the video.

I feel the mother needs to be shaved, forced to wear a diaper and a crappy tank top then wear a giant bulletin saying "I am a horrible mother" as she cleans up dirty streets as punishment. See how she likes them apples. What the heck?!

In one hand, I understand that one of the ways to get through a thick teen is the idea if not, possible humiliation. My sister refused to clean up our room multiple times although her mess had spread onto my side of our room. Mom threatened she'd have S2's boyfriend come in for a tour of the hazard area if she didn't clean up. S2 saw mom walking the boyfriend toward the bedroom and that's ALL that it took for my sister to jump in and clean up the mess. (I only had toys which I picked up. She would leave her dirty thongs all over the place, make up, etc. Horrible mess.)

But again, that was a messy room and all that was going on was S2's mess would be exposed to her boyfriend. This girl had 'bad' grades and I'm willing to bet those grades weren't so bad!

noelgirl
February 21st, 2013, 07:54 AM
That is blatant psychological abuse, and should be taken as seriously as physical abuse. And then some of the comments - "Now she'll be studying instead of worrying about her hair" - really miss the point. This kind of humiliation is not going to incentivize her to get better grades, and if anything I'd have a harder time concentrating on my work after experiencing that kind of trauma. What about productive solutions? Talking to the teacher? Getting a tutor? Oh wait, that involves actually caring about your child.

woolyleprechaun
February 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Its just plain ol' abuse. It doesn't matter what the mother's 'reasons' were, the bottom line is that she has degraded and tortured her child. Head shaving is a cruel punnishment and has been used through the ages to signify slavery and humiliate people. For those reasons alone I would consider the mother a psycho. Poor kid- thats a lifetime of therapy right there.

humble_knight
February 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
I read the caption, I did not want to watch it after reading what was done. It is appalling.

The Youtube clip is of two females discussing it.

I'm pleased the mother got jail-time because of this. They don't mention how long in the clip, but for the child it is good that she can see her mother's behaviour was found to be unacceptable by a court of law and that society has punished the mother.

shutterpillar
February 21st, 2013, 10:48 AM
I have not read all the comments, but I did read the first page and watched the video.

That poor girl. :( I cant even imagine what kind of psychological problems she will have in the future.... this is her MOTHER, you know? Her parent. The person who is supposed to protect her, teach her how to be a good human being... the person who is supposed to love her. But here her mother is, putting her out on display for the world to laugh at. That poor girl had to be so embarrassed and traumatized. :( What a horrible story. As a parent myself, I find it hard to understand how some people can do these things to their children.

jacqueline101
February 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM
That's terrible to do some one that way.