PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen... Start your postings!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Neodrache
February 19th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I've sifted through threads and such to find more male photos, (for support reasons and comparisons) and there is not a lot of images for us guys. C'mon guys.. don't be too damn shy or phobic to show these ladies your hair! LHC is obviously about diversity, compassion for the Mane, and most of all supportive!

I wake up everyday in this world of ours looking in the mirror wondering why we were made in such ways only for us to change it over and over and let the media and society deem whats worthy to be "popular" or even label how the human should look. I'm very biased against these actions against our society but somewhere... somehow there are individuals who rise above or even lurk around with their true given look as we were intended.

I'm proud of my passion to grow my hair out and I want to see more like myself on here. So GET TO IT MEN.. lets show'em that the guys can do it!

rowie
February 19th, 2013, 06:48 AM
What a great idea! You can find my pictures in my album. I'll load more later when I have more time. :)

LadyCelestina
February 19th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Not a guy,but there are more men posting pics of their hair on LHC than you would think...It's just hard to tell from the back of their heads... A picture of hair doesn't tell you much about the poster's gender :D

Anyway,good idea for a supportive thread for men with long hair :)

Kiwiwi
February 19th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Haha, exactly! I was surprised to see rowie is a man, baha! Sorry!

But yes, Neodrache, amen to that!

rowie
February 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Haha, exactly! I was surprised to see rowie is a man, baha! Sorry!

But yes, Neodrache, amen to that!

And here I was trying to add pirates and aphros to my siggy. LOL Good thing I did not put Mr.T smiley:mrt: on my siggy, I wouldn't want people to think i'm in love with him, but he had a show when I was a little boy. hahaha

Celtic Morla
February 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
my son is growing out his hair(his dad had a fit) and I must say he looks good both with short hair and long! His Nan asked how he was going to wear it and we both said"Queue is probably him!" LOL I must say I am surprised at how it has changed since it has gotten long enough for him to pull back-lighter in colour and SOFTER!

truepeacenik
February 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Actually, I find the men of the board more willing to show their faces.
Look on any Bay Area meet report for Ed, sometimes Trolleypup, Bill, Gumball, Pierre (who came out from NC), Dave Decker (came from Florida...actually we will meet around his visits, such a rock star he is) and more.
BeatnikGuy has photos, too.

Who else?

humble_knight
February 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Alun : I like his hair and beard :)

re: Mr.T - favourite member of The A-Team! I loved the animated Mr.T cartoon, also [80s child here!] .

EdG
February 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
There are quite a few pictures of men on this board, but it may not be apparent from a photo of the back of the head that the person is a man.

I like the stealthiness. We're here, but we're well-camouflaged. :D
Ed

Alun
February 19th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Alun : I like his hair and beard :)

re: Mr.T - favourite member of The A-Team! I loved the animated Mr.T cartoon, also [80s child here!] .

Thanks! (must post ten characters!)

goldloli
February 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm not a man but a friend of mine first got me into long hair on men many years ago, this is him
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/253/b/9/overproof_mark_2_by_elysianrampage-d2yf6s7.jpg

it was at hip when longest.

Long_hair_bear
February 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Omg alun, you look like Thorin and thats awesome! :)

ETA: have you gals seen the commercial for the viking show coming in March to either the Discovery or History channel? Omg the men on there with the long hair...... :agree: and drool!

Neodrache
February 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Rowie, EdG and Alun, you guys have awesome hair.. and Yes.. Alun you look like Thorin.. no doubt.. Good job brother!

Wildcat Diva
February 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Go guys go! I support you (tho I'm a girlie!)!

MORE
February 20th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Great tread! :D

My dear boyfriend grew his hair to BSL last year, now it's about SL-APL. I know it's not long by LHC standards, but I thought I'd share my love anyway. :) I cut it for him from time to time, then he lets it grow for 6 months or longer. I adore his hair! He looks really good with short hair too, but there's something so darn attractive about his longer hair.

I cheer all of you LHC guys on and I think it would be splendid to see your pictures more!

trolleypup
February 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Not a guy,but there are more men posting pics of their hair on LHC than you would think...It's just hard to tell from the back of their heads... A picture of hair doesn't tell you much about the poster's gender :D I don't hide my sex, but I also don't advertise it.

yoni
February 20th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Oh I'm here as well! although i have no idea how to create albums and organize things here anyways :/

juliaxena
February 20th, 2013, 03:53 AM
I've sifted through threads and such to find more male photos, (for support reasons and comparisons) and there is not a lot of images for us guys. C'mon guys.. don't be too damn shy or phobic to show these ladies your hair! LHC is obviously about diversity, compassion for the Mane, and most of all supportive!

I wake up everyday in this world of ours looking in the mirror wondering why we were made in such ways only for us to change it over and over and let the media and society deem whats worthy to be "popular" or even label how the human should look. I'm very biased against these actions against our society but somewhere... somehow there are individuals who rise above or even lurk around with their true given look as we were intended.

I'm proud of my passion to grow my hair out and I want to see more like myself on here. So GET TO IT MEN.. lets show'em that the guys can do it!

I feel the same way every day when I contemplate wheter I should dress sexy, put on makeup and become thin just so society (or men) would find me attractive and support the fact that I am "taking care of myself" (like no makeup, sexy clothes and thin body would mean I take care of myself) so I can support your cause.

Neodrache
February 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I wish my hair would grow over night. here is a picture i took up at my college the other day.

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/3013/2013021907290611.jpg

Neodrache
February 20th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Here is an image from behind about a week and a half ago
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9240/025nh.jpg

yoni
February 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Your hair is to die for, Neodrache!

I wish mine would grow like a foot instantly or so :/ here's how it looks from a few days ago:
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535893_153805178110403_6822498_n.jpg

rowie
February 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Rowie, EdG and Alun, you guys have awesome hair.. and Yes.. Alun you look like Thorin.. no doubt.. Good job brother!
Thanks for starting this! I find this is a good place to go if I have any updates with my hair and get support. :)

Go guys go! I support you (tho I'm a girlie!)!

It's so nice to have your support and friendship. Thanks Diva!:blossom:

Here is an image from behind about a week and a half ago
:scissors:

You have amazing hair and it's thick and shiny.:guns: Keep it up Luke! :luke:

I wish mine would grow like a foot instantly or so :/ here's how it looks from a few days ago:
I enjoy looking at your updates. You impress me with your volume, thickness and length everytime. I hope you'll keep on posting cause you have a mane to be proud of!:rockerdud Cheers! :beerchug:

Oh and One Last Thing Y'all:
I'm adding Mr.T :mrt: to my siggy!

MidnightMoon
February 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM
This thread seems fun.
I'd love to post a picture of my bf's hair, it's so thick and nice, and it's about BSL (well, on me it would be haha).
I'll see if he can send me the picture where I braided it :D

rowie
February 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
This thread seems fun.
I'd love to post a picture of my bf's hair, it's so thick and nice, and it's about BSL (well, on me it would be haha).
I'll see if he can send me the picture where I braided it :D

That would be cool. :cool:

Just to re-clarify BSL= Blades of Shoulders when it is used on men. I could go with Nipple length, but that might be uncomfortable to some people, but usually on a men's long hair board it would be "Nipple Length", Belt length instead of hip length. etc. But you probably already knew that. :) Thanks for your support, and I hope you'll stick around. :blossom:

Neodrache
February 20th, 2013, 10:05 AM
So far the hair posts have been magnificent! Yoni, you and Rowie have insanely thick hair! I bed it would take 5 times the sze of one of my threads to equal one of your guys'. =(

I need to know how to make a sig pic.. like rowie's.

GrowingOut
February 20th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I wish my hair would grow over night. here is a picture i took up at my college the other day.

You look like a long-haired Anton Mercer, from Power Rangers.

Neodrache
February 20th, 2013, 12:13 PM
You look like a long-haired Anton Mercer, from Power Rangers.

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAA! That is hilarious!

ravenheather
February 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Nice growth Rowie!

spirals
February 20th, 2013, 03:05 PM
yoni, your hair is gorgeous. It shrinks up a lot. Mine does, too, which I hate.

SGBSteve
February 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Man... You guys all have such awesome hair. I can't wait until mine goes down past my shoulders. I feel like I've been stuck at CBL forever (the front of my hair just reaches to my mouth and it seriously feels like it hasn't grown at all in a month).

Well I already posted these pictures in my own thread a while ago but I'll post them here too. These are from a show I performed at last month. I normally wear my hair more flat and wavy but decided to go with a fro style for the show. It was a lot of fun and really made me stand out!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/23741_491984564186641_19362105_n.jpghttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/543200_491984527519978_1922486857_n.jpghttps://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/735053_491984504186647_1828362873_n.jpghttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/385352_491984510853313_729436154_n.jpg

I need to take some more current pictures then I'll post those up here.

Neodrache
February 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Holy Fro Batman! Looks good though Steve. You have a face for it. =)

yoni
February 21st, 2013, 12:00 AM
yoni, your hair is gorgeous. It shrinks up a lot. Mine does, too, which I hate.

Oh thank you so much, spirals! It's kind of saddens me that it's the type that shrinks a lot (because i love to feel my hair, especially when wet and it doesn't have as much shrinking) :D
But I guess I'm used to it by now :)

Pierre
February 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
I'm not a big picture-taker, but as Truepeacenik said, you can find pictures of me in the meet board. My latest meet was a mini-meet in Charlotte during the DNC.

Calling a male "yoni" sounds funny to me, but I guess it means something completely different in Hebrew than it does in Hindi.

yoni
February 21st, 2013, 04:36 AM
Yeah, I know what it means in Hindi, Yoni is a short version of my name, but that's the name I go with :)

jextxadore
February 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/130854/Sharing%20%28Forums%20etc%29/2013-02-21%20LHC%20Gentlemen%20thread/2012-08-03%2000.44.29-1.jpg
August 2012. My hair's dark brown but I think that was when I did black tea rinses…that or the summer sun lightened my hair a bit.
Yes, that's a porcupine quill. Deadly.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/130854/Sharing%20%28Forums%20etc%29/2013-02-21%20LHC%20Gentlemen%20thread/2013-02-16%2022.43.52%20Flexi%208%20Small.jpg
February 2013. Flexi-8. Think I'm going to wear my hair like this with semi-formal in a few months. My hair's naturally quite straight with a few waves where it conforms to my body shape (e.g. shoulders) but I braid before sleeping.

alexandros22
February 21st, 2013, 06:39 AM
This thread proves that men can have nice long hair too!
Here is mine:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2725&d=1361453083
I'm going for waist length which means it will be longer than hip when pulled straight.

yoni
February 21st, 2013, 06:44 AM
Oh I'm really loving your curls and colour Alexandros! it looks really good and thick!

MasCat
February 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
Great thread :) I like looking at those handsome backs of heads :)

rowie
February 21st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Nice growth Rowie!
Thanks ravenheather! It is so good to hear from you.:blossom: I miss all the good times we had in the shoulder to apl thread. ahhhhh those were the days. :o

Man... You guys all have such awesome hair. I can't wait until mine goes down past my shoulders. I feel like I've been stuck at CBL forever (the front of my hair just reaches to my mouth and it seriously feels like it hasn't grown at all in a month).

Cool hair! I bet when your hair gets longer you'll beat all of us with volume and thickness. Keep it growin' and flowin'.

Yeah, I know what it means in Hindi, Yoni is a short version of my name, but that's the name I go with :)
That is interesting Yoni. What does your name mean in Hindi?

August 2012. My hair's dark brown but I think that was when I did black tea rinses…that or the summer sun lightened my hair a bit.

February 2013. Flexi-8. Think I'm going to wear my hair like this with semi-formal in a few months. My hair's naturally quite straight with a few waves where it conforms to my body shape (e.g. shoulders) but I braid before sleeping.
You've got the hair texture I want. Lucky!:p Keep it up! Well i'm glad you are sporting on the Flexi 8s. I have one and it looks similar to yours. hehehe

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/AF21EB89-6711-4922-8F8D-5F4D7439EDAC-2982-0000028F7F715EF0.jpg
The things we get into in lhc.:whistle: I'll definitely try the black tea rinses you do. Great idea, thanks.

Here is mine:
[/IMG]
I'm going for waist length which means it will be longer than hip when pulled straight.

Wow man, your hair looks fantastic! We've come a long way. I remember when I was posting on your board when we were just learning to french braid and both of us started when we had hairs to our neck. hehehe Glad to see you! :)

jextxadore
February 21st, 2013, 08:32 AM
You've got the hair texture I want. Lucky!:p Keep it up! Well i'm glad you are sporting on the Flexi 8s. I have one and it looks similar to yours. hehehe

Mine is the Celtic knot in black nickel. I always wear dark colours so silver didn't seem quite right.

yoni
February 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
@Rowie, it means the female private parts :P

Zindell
February 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM
Omg alun, you look like Thorin and thats awesome! :)

Wait. Surely you mean that Thorin looks like Alun? :p

woolyleprechaun
February 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
@Rowie, it means the female private parts :P

I'm glad you put that out there. I've been following this thread thinking 'Should I say it? Should I?' Just because of my dodgy sense of humour....
So many lovely heads of hair here; a male inspiration thread is a great idea :) (I'm female, personaly, but I can sit here and cheer you on).

Ocelan
February 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Just popping in to say I love all the male hair in this thread! You go guys! I am a serious fan of long hair on men (and am most obviously a woman myself). And yes I was too surprised by some names I recognised who turned out to be male! But gender doesn't matter. Beautiful hair is beautiful. :)

Becky9679
February 21st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Not a guy (as you can tell from my name!) but subscribing anyway just for all the awesome photos :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/130854/Sharing%20%28Forums%20etc%29/2013-02-21%20LHC%20Gentlemen%20thread/2012-08-03%2000.44.29-1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/130854/Sharing%20%28Forums%20etc%29/2013-02-21%20LHC%20Gentlemen%20thread/2013-02-16%2022.43.52%20Flexi%208%20Small.jpg

:agape: :thudpile: OMG, your hair is INCREDIBLE!!!!

I gotta get a flexi-8, I can't believe I've been on here for over 2 years and still don't have one!

leslissocool
February 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Subscribing too :cheese:.

Gaelle27
February 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm going to watch this thread ;)

alexandros22
February 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks yoni and Rowie!

Ligeia_13
February 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Here is mine:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2725&d=1361453083

Now those are some nice curls.

Γεια σου ρε Αλέξανδρε :D

Peter
February 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM
I no longer have long hair but here's my profile picture (when I was at mid-back):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=17443&dateline=1296176904&type=profile

In my albums I also have a photo at around waist or hip, but the albums aren't working now.

Lunadriael
February 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
I would love to see more men with long hair, I find it very attractive and I wish others would decide to grow it. Any pictures are much appreciated. ^-^ If only I could convince my boyfriend. Trolleypup your hair is amazing and I'm dying of hair envy. :)

MidnightMoon
February 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Well my boyfriend agreed on me posting his hairs pic so here it is :P.
It's a sloppy braid I did while we were in Moscow together :3. His colour is brown, but looks a bit blond in the sun, and is very thick, I just love it and would rather he never cut it! Haha.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/771/santiii.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/santiii.jpg/)

SGBSteve
February 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Holy Fro Batman! Looks good though Steve. You have a face for it. =)

Thanks Neodrache! I think the facial hair really helps. I'm sure if I were clean shaven it would look pretty ridiculous. But yeah I don't usually go around with my hair like that, only on special occasions. I'll have to get some more current pictures taken.

Cool hair! I bet when your hair gets longer you'll beat all of us with volume and thickness. Keep it growin' and flowin'.

Thanks Rowie! I don't know if you saw my post a while back on the mlhh but I think your hair is pretty similar to mine in texture and waviness. Also apparently you're exactly one year ahead of me in growing so looking at your hair is kind of like looking into the future! I can't wait to see my hair in a year!

Angela_Rose
February 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM
Yay, menfolk with luscious locks! Thanks for sharing, fellas!

AnqeIicDemise
February 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Here is mine:

Your curls! They remind me of hubby's curls when I met him. (Seriously, if his voice, amazing looks and great personality had not sealed the deal, his waist long curls sure did.) Sadly he wants to climb the corporate latter and he's started to thin so he's been keeping his hair short for years. He's too lazy to do some of the remedies that have been posted for hair loss so he's going to go bald this summer. :(

I'll just have to oggle your hair then. Oh, that lovely shade too! Where's Gru?I need to oggle her lovely red curls too. GRU!!! -scampers off-

Shadow Walker
February 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
I don't quite remember when this was taken.
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/LordDreadfire/e5c36bb9-cd19-4a79-b3ea-0891a2aaccf6_zps538e9f3c.jpg

My most recent.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/LordDreadfire/130123-130421_zpsd742958e.jpg

yoni
February 22nd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Oh your hair is really gorgeous Shadow walker! it looks so silky and beautiful!

jextxadore
February 22nd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Not a guy (as you can tell from my name!) but subscribing anyway just for all the awesome photos :D

:agape: :thudpile: OMG, your hair is INCREDIBLE!!!!

I gotta get a flexi-8, I can't believe I've been on here for over 2 years and still don't have one!

Thanks! I think my hair's improved a lot since I went water-only in…August or September (well, easier to take care of now anyway —*I only have to wash it twice a week as opposed to every other day!)

Flexi-8s are really comfortable. I had doubts as I thought the metal would be a bit heavy but it's actually quite nice. Looking to get a leather barrette now (the kind where you have a patch of leather, 2 holes and a stick).

Gaelle27
February 22nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
wow Shadow walker, just wow :D

jextxadore
February 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Shadow Walker, I envy you…

Becky9679
February 22nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Looking awesome as always Shadow Walker :bowtome:

Jextxadore, immediately after my previous post I went to the Flexi-8 website and ordered two! Only problem now is because I'm in the UK I have to wait ages to get them :( Still, it's actually cheaper buying them direct than getting them from a seller over here and there's more choice!

alexandros22
February 22nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Now those are some nice curls.

Γεια σου ρε Αλέξανδρε :D
Γειά σου κι εσένα ρε Ligeia! Ευχαριστώ ;)

Your curls! They remind me of hubby's curls when I met him. (Seriously, if his voice, amazing looks and great personality had not sealed the deal, his waist long curls sure did.) Sadly he wants to climb the corporate latter and he's started to thin so he's been keeping his hair short for years. He's too lazy to do some of the remedies that have been posted for hair loss so he's going to go bald this summer. :(

I'll just have to oggle your hair then. Oh, that lovely shade too! Where's Gru?I need to oggle her lovely red curls too. GRU!!! -scampers off-
Thanks!

Katze
February 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Not a man but married to a longhair.

DH is about midback, dark gold thick fine wurls (he's about 2c-3a/F-M, ii-iii) which I help him take care of. He also has a full beard (pics in my album) I have to admit getting inspired for him by all of you longhaired guys here!

I didn't used to be a fan of long haired men, but am now. :) DH claims it is an automatic message that he is a nonconformist, what used to be called a 'freak flag' where i come from. :) We are going to see if we can braid it more often once he changes jobs, since he is a teacher and needs to have kids used to a braid from the beginning so that his hair does not become the focus of his lesson.

My DH uses leave-in and CO washing and a detangling spray (with princesses on it; it is aimed at little girls).

Long_hair_bear
February 22nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/LordDreadfire/e5c36bb9-cd19-4a79-b3ea-0891a2aaccf6_zps538e9f3c.jpg

My most recent.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/LordDreadfire/130123-130421_zpsd742958e.jpg

VERY nice, Shadow walker! :D

AnqeIicDemise
February 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
VERY nice, Shadow walker! :D

Drool worthy.

yoni
February 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hair as thick as mine can be really un-cooperative at most days, this one from a better day :D (a few months ago)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/485_120336374790617_1936196866_n.jpg

p.s. that's not even all my hair, there was still more in the back :o

Vanille_
February 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Wow. There is some nice hair in this thread. I'm loving the guys sporting hair toy, braids, and ponytails. Such confidence!

Neodrache
February 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Midnight moon, your boyfriends hair is awesome! I'm dying for length. I fell like I'm watching a clock.... haha!

Yea.. holy moly Shadow walker! WOW... I too envy the length brother! need to post a newer picture.. lol you guys are very inspiring for others to continue growth!

Very nice Yoni! Damn brother..you walk into crap all the time trying to look through that mane?? =P haha j/k brother...

FYI.. i just figured out to multi reply.. haha sorry for all the loose threads..

This was me today right before work.. hair looks like crap.. =\

You never know how ugly you are until you look in a mirror or a photo.. haha.. at least I have confidence in the hair.. camera, lighting positioning are all out of wack!

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7690/201302221300171.jpg http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3029/20130222130231.jpg

damn loader.. this was last post

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3029/20130222130231.jpg

yoni
February 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
I shall always be jealous at your hair Neodrache! Love the colour so much!
and thanks for your comment, it's getting a lot in my face actually so I tail it like 99% of the time :P

PraiseCheeses
February 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Has anyone else noticed that this thread has an unusually high ratio of "views" in relation to "replies"? :rolling:

Awesome hair, guys. :applause

Othala
February 22nd, 2013, 12:43 PM
All of you long-haired guys.....:thud::thud::thud:

yoni
February 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
I also have some more pictures in my album, although for some reason the website uploaded just a few from all the pictures :(

Unofficial_Rose
February 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Oh, Luna, you beat me to it. Hair envy here also!

Also (Off topic as Othala is female)- Othala - your new siggy is stunning.:thudpile:

browneyedsusan
February 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed that this thread has an unusually high ratio of "views" in relation to "replies"? :rolling:

Awesome hair, guys. :applause

eye candy.

DH's people are Swedish/Norwegian. I'm loving all the long "Viking" locks and "warknots", and chin whiskers.
Good job, boys!

Shadow Walker
February 22nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Thank you yoni, Gaelle27, jextxadore, Becky9679, Long_hair_bear, and AnqeIicDemise! You're all too kind.

Neodrache, thanks man, glad I could be an inspiration.

Nedertane
February 22nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hair as thick as mine can be really un-cooperative at most days, this one from a better day :D (a few months ago)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/485_120336374790617_1936196866_n.jpg

p.s. that's not even all my hair, there was still more in the back :o

Man, Yoni, that is an INSANE amount of hair! You seem to manage it well, though, it looks good. :)

Jextxadore, may I ask what kind of flexi-8 you have (design and size)? Your hair seems to be of similar texture/thickness to mine, and I'm not sure what size to choose if I end up getting one - and I like the design you have. :o

Bagginslover
February 23rd, 2013, 03:10 AM
Subscribing to this thread!!
Seriously envious of all you guys on your stunning locks! Either for length, colour, both, or just cos long hair on guys is gooooood! I do with my DBF would grow his, he'd suit it, but wouldn't cope well with the akward stages.

Keep it us chaps, you have my full support!
(Oh, and incase its wasn't clear, I am female ;) )

Neodrache
February 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
To think i started from this crap look.. ahhhh! http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2286/m95bcbda29350e0523b4cc8.jpg

Wildcat Diva
February 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
It doesn't look like crap. It's still nice hair.

DH has a high and tight these last few years, but when we got together (1994) and through our wedding and first two years of marriage he had long hair. It's all good. Handsome either way!

As are you!

Zindell
February 24th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this thread has an unusually high ratio of "views" in relation to "replies"?

Hahaa! I admit beeing one of those that have been oogling but not replying.
Great hair guys! Wish more men grew out their hair and/or beards. :)

Shaun
February 24th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Ahh, another gent to join the conversation. I however, haven't figured out the darn album settings to get a new pic up...

PolarCathy
February 24th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Subscribing too, just for the hair p0rn pics. My head somehow always turns when I see a long haired guy, especially with dark hair, even when I'm in a relationship (blush).

Does that mean I adore long hair on men? :crush:

Ocelan
February 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Neodrache, I think you look like a Bond or Die Hard villain or an evil henchman. And that's a compliment! :)

And I don't want to leave any of the other gents here uncomplimented. There's not a single male hair picture in this thread that I haven't loved. I should have you guys talk some sense into my SO who regularly threatens to cut off all his BSL hair! He already chopped his braided goatee into a 1 cm long patch last week.

MidnightMoon
February 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Midnight moon, your boyfriends hair is awesome! I'm dying for length. I fell like I'm watching a clock.... haha!

Yea.. holy moly Shadow walker! WOW... I too envy the length brother! need to post a newer picture.. lol you guys are very inspiring for others to continue growth!

Very nice Yoni! Damn brother..you walk into crap all the time trying to look through that mane?? =P haha j/k brother...

FYI.. i just figured out to multi reply.. haha sorry for all the loose threads..

You never know how ugly you are until you look in a mirror or a photo.. haha.. at least I have confidence in the hair.. camera, lighting positioning are all out of wack!

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7690/201302221300171.jpg http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3029/20130222130231.jpg

Thanks! And don't worry, it will grow in no time...plus, I've noticed mens hair grows a lot faster, and thicker! What length are you aiming for?

Neodrache
February 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Im goald at 48 to 50 inches.

Naiadryade
February 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM
To think i started from this crap look.. ahhhh! http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2286/m95bcbda29350e0523b4cc8.jpg

You've gone from Average American Dude to Viking Warrior. Congratulations!! Huge improvement. :o

I'm totally loving all of these beautiful long-haired men. Every single one of you has gorgeous hair! I may even subscribe.

AnqeIicDemise
February 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
You sir, look like Thoralicious. Hush. Don't say horrible things about yourself.

Hehe, now I can envision you starring on a loreal commercial.

Shadow Walker
February 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I'll just leave this here.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403582_10151208900425370_295841593_n.jpg

Naiadryade
February 24th, 2013, 08:43 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403582_10151208900425370_295841593_n.jpg

:rockerdud

SGBSteve
February 24th, 2013, 09:07 PM
i'll just leave this here.

Badass!!!!

Wildcat Diva
February 24th, 2013, 09:31 PM
For real! (Characters)

Becky9679
February 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM

Hell Yeah!

Neodrache
February 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I made my sons costumes. last year.
http://imageshack.us/a/img542/7140/dscf8166ev.jpg

Naiadryade
February 24th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I knew it!! Even in scrubs, you cannot hide your Viking Warrior reality!

Becky9679
February 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I made my sons costumes. last year.
http://imageshack.us/a/img542/7140/dscf8166ev.jpg

Excellent, you should dress like that all the time!

Zindell
February 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Excellent, you should dress like that all the time!

Agreed! I hate the boring dress codes in todays society. :p

AnqeIicDemise
February 24th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I knew it!! Even in scrubs, you cannot hide your Viking Warrior reality!

Ssh!! Scrubs are to Zindell as Glasses are to Superman.

Don't tell anyone! :D

AnqeIicDemise
February 24th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Hell Yeah!

Such well kept metal head. ^-^ I'm in love.

spirals
February 25th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Badass!!!!
One day you'll be there, too.

yoni
February 25th, 2013, 02:48 AM

Daaang! that's so awesome!

Aredhel77
February 25th, 2013, 03:52 AM
What a great thread! I absolutely love all your pictures :)

Yep, subscribed - with :popcorn:

kouran
February 25th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Here is mine:

Alexandros, yours looks like the hair of a renaissance angel! :p :)

Neodrache
February 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM
This was the beginning of last yr i think.

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/1184/1022111204a.jpg

Neodrache
February 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
This is the image of course before i got my high and tight haircut. shortly after deciding to grow my hair out march of 2011.

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/9572/25394921476404499921215.jpg

Neodrache
February 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img12/9572/25394921476404499921215.jpg

yoni
February 28th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I'm just glad I don't have previous pictures of my hair in this computer, it was sort of like a huge black sheep of curls :D

DarkSunny
March 1st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Love seeing long hair on guys! Glad to see you all get your own picture thread. :)

Oh, and random, but it's weird how similar your hair looks to mine Yoni.

bahoban
March 1st, 2013, 01:45 AM

My most recent.

I remember those pics!!,, sooooo awesome !!

yoni
March 1st, 2013, 07:28 AM
Love seeing long hair on guys! Glad to see you all get your own picture thread. :)

Oh, and random, but it's weird how similar your hair looks to mine Yoni.

Well I don't know how your hair looks like but I guess I'll just have to take your words :D took me some time to actually like my hair type.

didrash
March 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
I am definitely not a guy, just wanted to pop in and say - really, really marvelous hair, gentlemen! Also, I admire your courage. I am pretty sure that in most countries there is at least some societal pressure against long hair on men, usually stronger than what is applied on women. It's good that you remain yourselves! Way to go!

DarkSunny
March 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Well I don't know how your hair looks like but I guess I'll just have to take your words :D took me some time to actually like my hair type.

Ah. Same here. But, I'm starting to think it's actually a very nice hair type, especially as it gets longer.

Actually, your hair might be a little thicker than mine, which is definitely not a bad thing. :)

truepeacenik
March 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM

All that clock watching is paying off. ;-)

truepeacenik
March 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks for posting a goal for my metal singing son who says he wants long hair and then cuts it. :headdesk:

bte
March 2nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
I can't offer you any spectacular hair like some of the other gents here, but I can offer my commitment to long hair as I have not had a cut or trim since June 1994.

http://s921.beta.photobucket.com/user/workingsheepdogbte/media/063710.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

http://s921.beta.photobucket.com/user/workingsheepdogbte/media/060319.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Long_hair_bear
March 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Agreed! I hate the boring dress codes in todays society. :p

Hell ya! I'd wear my elf dresses every day if I could!

Long_hair_bear
March 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM

I'm definitely going to the wrong hospital! lol

Dovetail
March 2nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Here is a picture of my husband back in '09 before we moved to missouri:
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/LostDove/71720_104875142913078_1551718_n_zpsd61b542c.jpg

He cut it to above his ears when we moved, and now he's back down to about shoulder after a few heavy trims. The job he has now doesn't care if it's long so he's started growing it again.

(eta: he did say I could share! He doesn't have an account here, but I was showing him the long haired guys and he wanted to chime in)

Zindell
March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Ssh!! Scrubs are to Zindell as Glasses are to Superman.

Don't tell anyone! :D

lawl! You got me! :p

SGBSteve
March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Well I don't have any new pics yet. But we did just put out a new video for our Acoustic Guitar Video Game Cover Band so you can see how my hair has gotten a lil bit longer.

That's me on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiE8p5VjZgo

Becky9679
March 2nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Great hair and you've got mad guitar skills! Love it ;)

humble_knight
March 3rd, 2013, 12:06 AM
I can't offer you any spectacular hair like some of the other gents here, but I can offer my commitment to long hair as I have not had a cut or trim since June 1994.

Good for you :thumbsup: Hope you do something to celebrate 20 yrs without a trim :thumbsup:

cobden 28
March 3rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
I'm of the generation brought up to believe that long hair for a man was when it covered his ears or even worse, reached his collar - as my husband wore his hair back in the early 1970's. I don't mind long hair on a man if it's kept neat and tidy; neatly trimmed at the ends (no split ends please) and if in a professional office-type environment tied back neatly in a ponytail.

yoni
March 4th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Well, I was stuck at home today and had too much free time.. so I came up with this: (I have no idea how to call it)
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555434_159352450889009_1399055302_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/12211_159352457555675_1635050426_n.jpg

SGBSteve
March 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Nice Yoni! I think they call it a segmented ponytail or something like that right?

Love the gameboy camera you got there. Thats so cool!

Shadow Walker
March 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting a goal for my metal singing son who says he wants long hair and then cuts it. :headdesk:

Haha, you're welcome! Hopefully that will serve as some inspiration for him.

Vanille_
March 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I don't mind long hair on a man if it's kept neat and tidy; neatly trimmed at the ends (no split ends please) and if in a professional office-type environment tied back neatly in a ponytail.

Are your requirements for women any different? Sorry. I guess I'm not understanding why it's necessary to make that a male specific requirement.

spirals
March 4th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I think she's just specifying a standard for men because you see ratty ends more often on male longhairs. Well, I do. Maybe that's because our culture tends to discourage men from obtaining information about taking care of long hair. I see women with ratty ends, but a larger percentage of them are on long-haired men in my neck of the woods. It makes me sad.

Neodrache
April 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
BUMP! for some more posts!

Neodrache
April 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1990/dscf8462.JPG

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6348/dscf8463w.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/dscf8463w.jpg/)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6533/dscf8465w.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/dscf8465w.jpg/)

bte
April 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Good for you :thumbsup: Hope you do something to celebrate 20 yrs without a trim :thumbsup:
Thank you - yes, 20 years will be a big celebration!

humble_knight
April 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Has anyone ever told you that you're a dead ringer for Vigo The Carpathian from Ghostbusters II?

http://i48.tinypic.com/30wv60g.jpg

KittyBird
April 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm loving this thread! So much gorgeous hair :crush: :thud:

HairFaerie
April 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Well I don't have any new pics yet. But we did just put out a new video for our Acoustic Guitar Video Game Cover Band so you can see how my hair has gotten a lil bit longer.

That's me on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiE8p5VjZgo

Absolutely AWESOME on all levels! :)

Ocelan
April 6th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Wow, Neodrache, you're starting to look more and more like Faramir from LotR, my second favourite male character in the Middle Earth (ETA: After Aragorn)! :o

Neodrache
April 7th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Wow.. I don't know how to put into words a thank you worthy enough for that reference.

Ocelan
April 7th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Just take it. :) I know how you feel though, as people here have mentioned that I also have some elven qualities, but I fail to see them myself. However I have been trying to take the few compliments better here as people are so much nicer in LHC compared to the real world. There's no need to be so darn modest and shy all the time!

spirals
April 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Fact--you're both gorgeous.

Neodrache
April 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM
<3 :-* :-d ;-)

spirals
April 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
<3 :-* :-d ;-)Wait....are those smilies or is that a naughty word? :confused: :suspect: :lol:

masterhoots
April 12th, 2013, 05:58 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dd09b3127ccef2ed1f6fc45500000030O30QauGrFwxcMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00108180158520130329031853071.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dd09b3127ccef2edb1f2c49f00000030O30QauGrFwxcMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00108180158520130329031852265.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

\m/ >_<

Ocelan
April 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dd09b3127ccef2ed1f6fc45500000030O30QauGrFwxcMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00108180158520130329031853071.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3dd09b3127ccef2edb1f2c49f00000030O30QauGrFwxcMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00108180158520130329031852265.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

\m/ >_<

There's an OWL! And HAIR! And BEARD! *faints like those fancy ladies in old movies*

masterhoots
April 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
There's an OWL! And HAIR! And BEARD! *faints like those fancy ladies in old movies*

Lol if you saw my face you probably would faint. Not in a good way either :-\ but thanks for the compliments!

AnqeIicDemise
April 13th, 2013, 01:07 AM

\m/ >_<

Oooo... pretty! OW!!! -rubs her knuckles-

Silly Demise, you can't pet someone's hair through a monitor. :p

spirals
April 13th, 2013, 01:31 AM
^ I had the same reaction.

masterhoots
April 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hahaha well, I would allow petting, but I will mention it is going through its own issue.

I am getting bad hair breakage and experiencing dry, flake scalp. This message board is helping me tons with information so the issue should be dealt with soon.

Thanks for the compliments! I feel bad that I don't take care of my hair as good as I should, but this forum will learn to change that. :cool:

bo-peep
April 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I am loving this thread! Men with long hair are SO sexy! My husband used to have long hair, but cut it when a new (ultra-conservative) president was hired at the college where we work. Two of my closest (male) friends have hair to mid-back - I love it.

MORE PICS please guys!

Neodrache
April 14th, 2013, 01:36 AM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/843/201304132245291.jpg

going full throttle on growing a beard. here we go lol

Neodrache
April 14th, 2013, 01:53 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/6533/dscf8465w.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img210/6348/dscf8463w.jpg

Neodrache
April 14th, 2013, 01:54 AM
i swear my image sizes are so retarded..... I don't understand Imageshack hosting. ...

MaryMarx
April 14th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Lol if you saw my face you probably would faint. Not in a good way either :-\ but thanks for the compliments!
Don't be so hard on yourself! :-(

yoni
April 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Decided to finally show a bit of my face (beware, ugly picture), also I really need to wash my hair, so gonna do it today!
Note: this is not all of my hair, part of it is in the back and isn't seen :D
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/613/20130415191919.jpg

and sort of a length picture:

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/4528/20130415191808.jpg

SGBSteve
April 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Damn dude! You're hair grows crazy fast from the last picture I saw of you.

Looking good man. Keep it up!

yoni
April 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
It actually looks shorter to me, but that's probably my hair paranoia, my haranoia :P

Thanks dude!

bo-peep
April 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Dude - you look just like Robert Trujillio from Metallica! How awesome is that??

yoni
April 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Haha, didn't really notice, and it's funny considering I have absolutely zero connection to Mexico :D

humble_knight
April 16th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Decided to finally show a bit of my face (beware, ugly picture), also I really need to wash my hair, so gonna do it today!
Note: this is not all of my hair, part of it is in the back and isn't seen :D
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/613/20130415191919.jpg

Gosh, what a handsome man you are!

yoni
April 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Gosh, what a handsome man you are!

D'aww thank you so much sir! not something I hear or think about, haha.

Neodrache
May 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hey now, your an all star, get your game on... get paid! lol

One day I'll get your length Yoni! ONE DAY! ><

browneyedsusan
May 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Yoni is Troy Polamalu....

patienceneeded
May 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Yoni is Troy Polamalu....

I had the same thought! I LOVE Polamalu! He's the reason I'm a Steelers fan. Besides the fact that the Steelers are just awesome. But many teams are awesome. Maybe I just love football?

Ok, I'm done derailing this thread. Someone with more skill can do a side-by-side of Yoni and Polamalu...it's eerie the resemblance. Very cool.

yoni
May 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Oh you guys :3 :D

Neodrache with such awesome hair you have it will look sick! (in a good way!) :D

yoni
May 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Because even frizzy hair couldn't stop me!

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/1434/20130504151559.jpg

PixieKitten
May 13th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hi all! Just popping into post on DBF's behalf, as I've finally remembered to ask him if he'd mind me posting photos of his hair, and he's alright with it :D He lets me braid it occassionally, this was either just before he washed it or just after before it was completely dry.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385259_10151647748988659_79330683_n.jpg
He's constantly compaining about the thinness of his hair and doesn't listen to me as mine's thick so I can't 'know what it's like', so please let him know how lovely it is regardless so I can pass it on! :D

spirals
May 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM
His hair is beautiful!! Also, for some reason the milk carton is amusing me. We don't have those in the states anymore. Yeah, I'm weird.

PixieKitten
May 13th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Haha! It's a fruit smoothie carton, our milk generally comes in big plastic bottles like this: http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/5811462/2/stock-photo-5811462-plastic-milk-container.jpg xD

spirals
May 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Us, too. :) Smoothies come in little bottles, and some juices come in cartons. Half and half does, too, as well as a new product: iced coffee.

Tell fiance I want his shine. Curly hair does not naturally shine.

Das Siechtum
May 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hello folks. I'm back.... with a pic from 2012: (Hair is at kneelength currently http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i115/punisher1981_2006/LHF%20Treffen/k-IMG_3761.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/punisher1981_2006/media/LHF%20Treffen/k-IMG_3761.jpg.html)

yoni
May 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM
You've got some extraordinary hair there man! I'm so jealous! :D

SGBSteve
May 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Man you guys all have such awesome long hair. I can't wait until my hair actually reaches down my back!

Well I already posted this in my own little thread but I figure I'll post it here so my fellow long haired men can enjoy it.

This is from a concert my band played two weeks ago (and by band I mean my friend Sam and I). For those who don't know we do acoustic guitar covers of video game songs (we call ourselves Super Guitar Bros). There were three other bands who played that night and they were all awesome but here's a video of our set. Music starts at about 3:20.

Enjoy!!

Oh, and that's me on the right. Sam's on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgCQ4RTdQO8

spirals
May 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Youtube doesn't work for me for some reason. :(

AcornMystic
May 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I watched your performance SGBSteve! Fantastic and some of the songs were very moving indeed. My favourite was the Gerudo Valley tune. I used to ride around in Gerudo Valley on Epona because it was just the perfect song to gallop to. Very, very nice! ^.^

My way of contributing on top though. My husband finally got the ok from immigration to come up and is coming at the end of this month. He's let his hair grow for me as his mum usually cuts it for him but she is snowbirding with his dad and only arrived on the 5th of this month. It was already growing quite long, and so he decided to let it continue to grow for my sake until he gets up here and can cut it off. I've always wanted to see him with longer hair, to suit his viking build. Bring out the Scandinavian in him. It's already brushing past the collar of his shirts and flowing over his ears and in his eyes. I am really looking forward to be able to run my fingers through it. :D All I have to say, I'm a great supporter of long haired men, so all the power to you and don't be at all shy to post all your guy's pics. Hair is to be admired and adored I says!:o

SGBSteve
May 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I watched your performance SGBSteve! Fantastic and some of the songs were very moving indeed. My favourite was the Gerudo Valley tune. I used to ride around in Gerudo Valley on Epona because it was just the perfect song to gallop to. Very, very nice! ^.^

Oh yeah! I used to do the same thing, just riding around on Epona while that song plays. I've actually heard that same thing from a lot of people so you know Koji did a good job when he wrote that song.

Youtube doesn't work for me for some reason. :(

That sucks... Maybe try it again sometime and it will work? Well I'm gonna post some of these pictures here too even though I posted them in that other thread.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321343_547579568627140_837506123_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/190572_547579765293787_279799982_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/935178_547579495293814_1682558835_n.jpg

yoni
May 16th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Posted it in the bun thread as well, but I guess I'll put it here as well :D

Saw Rowie's Nautilus bun and my hair got jealous (seriously, his hair is so gorgeous!) and tried to do a nautilus bun as well.

Little did I know that my hair was about to swallow the alternate hair pin, and creating this gigantic..... thing.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7/20130516133453.jpg

daredevil14
May 17th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I've been posting for a quite while on this forum, however now I have the time to post my pics! I have wavy/curly shoulder-length hair. These 2 pics were taken after shower when my hair finally dried (also at its best)!

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7475/61625774.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4863/23018165.jpg

loveisdivine
May 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I would say going on that first pic you are past shoulder length! Looks more like armpit of just below :)

7animals
May 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
good for you, i love long hair on men. healthy, clean hair is awesome

Becky9679
May 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Definitely at least armpit length daredevil14 and your curls are GORGEOUS! I bet you get some major shrinkage from them, where does it come to when stretched out or wet?

daredevil14
May 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Definitely at least armpit length daredevil14 and your curls are GORGEOUS! I bet you get some major shrinkage from them, where does it come to when stretched out or wet?

Thank you! Your hair is beautiful too. TBL achieved, congrats! :)

They actually reach somewhere around BSL (or the equivelent for men), I complete my 3 years of growing (I started from almost half of an inch!) next July. I hope I reach waist-length by the middle of 2014! :D

spirals
May 19th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Wow, I want curls like that. But not the shrinkage! :D

yoni
May 19th, 2013, 01:39 AM
wow, your hair is so pretty! love the curls! :D

daredevil14
May 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks spirals and yoni!

As much as curly hair can be annoying sometimes and as much as I wish other times to have straight hair, however I love love curls and curly hair! :)

Also curly-haired girls can be severely attractive. :D

AnqeIicDemise
May 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
curls!! <3

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Wow - Amazing curls, daredevil14!

Neodrache
June 11th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Ooops! I bumped on accident, =)

Ahl
June 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Gotta be careful with that sort of thing!

Ocelan
June 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM
*cough* Moar photos! Plz thx! *cough* :popcorn:
I'm horrible... :couch:

alexis917
June 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
You guys have great hair!
Stupid question, but...

Do you use shampoo engineered towards men?
Do you use women's shampoo and products?

Is there a difference?
I feel like there might be, since most men don't care much about their hair.
But, they might be the same thing, but the feminine versions smell more flowery.

Kittney
June 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I could answer for my boyfriend. He won't use mens shampoo for various reasons nor would I use anything gender specific on purpose since we all have the same hair. He doesn't even think about the smell unless it's gross like hospital or too pungent, guess he is more than happy to smell like roses. He mostly uses the Garnier Pure clean shampoo and conditioner but not the 2 in 1. I will try to get a shot of his hair and post it sometime soon.

alexis917
June 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I could answer for my boyfriend. He won't use mens shampoo for various reasons nor would I use anything gender specific on purpose since we all have the same hair. He doesn't even think about the smell unless it's gross like hospital or too pungent, guess he is more than happy to smell like roses. He mostly uses the Garnier Pure clean shampoo and conditioner but not the 2 in 1. I will try to get a shot of his hair and post it sometime soon.

Thank you! I don't think that products are really gender specific until they advertise them, you know?

browneyedsusan
June 11th, 2013, 02:08 PM
DH is mostly bald, and he keeps the edges shaved short. He recently requested "Troy Polamalu" shampoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJFnGGECJo , but told me there was no hurry, because the 1/4" left in the bottom of the bottle would last him several weeks. Silly Honey!

EdG
June 11th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Stupid question, but...

Is there a difference?
But, they might be the same thing, but the feminine versions smell more flowery.Most shampoos are gender-neutral. I avoid ones with strong odors.

The shampoo that I'm using right now says "aromatherapy", but the scent is so mild that the label is almost misleading.
Ed

purplebubba
June 12th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Its going to be a bit harder to find me because most of my photobucket pictures have broken links. Most of my blogging and posting was done in the Journal days too. But I did have a mix of front and back pics as well as products and tools and illustrations.

<------- Just note the numbers. Somewhere in there I was talking about me and showing. But you all aint seen nothing yet

yoni
June 12th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Stupid question, but...

Is there a difference?
But, they might be the same thing, but the feminine versions smell more flowery.

Umm I just use whatever there is in the room (but as right now I do use a shampoo for men, oh well) :D

purplebubba
June 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Stupid question, but...

Is there a difference?

The whole "Woman's brand but for men" thing kinda makes me mentally gag. I'm still waiting to see if they make Secret deodorant for men.

That being said I use whatever I want. I had a collection of like 50+ products a few years ago. I'm going to be restarting it.
I'll probably lean towards lavenders or purple stuff but for the most part I'll be going for smoothing or damage types but without the heavy cones. I haven't done a 30 minute sit in the tub with a bag on my head under a shower cap thing for like 5 years. I miss it.

I'd rather smell like flowers or apples than something too fake or cologne like.

patienceneeded
June 17th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Not to hijack the men's thread or anything...

My youngest brother (he's 32 now) still uses Suave's Strawberry shampoo and conditioner. He has ever since he was very young. He just loves the smell. His little boys use it too. Use what you like, regardless of the smell.

purplebubba
June 17th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Not to hijack the men's thread or anything...

My youngest brother (he's 32 now) still uses Suave's Strawberry shampoo and conditioner. He has ever since he was very young. He just loves the smell. His little boys use it too. Use what you like, regardless of the smell.

I've got the Apple right now because my Mom likes it and she's sensitive to lots of stuff and it doesn't bother her

yoni
June 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Bump

Started to wear buns more often than the ponytail, I love the "bottle-curls" it gives after taking it down :D

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8068/xvc2.jpg

Becky9679
June 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Re the shampoo thing, I knew a longhaired fella once who used washing up liquid as shampoo. And his hair always looked amazing :confused:

Kittney
June 22nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
Yoni, your bun looks great. Good choice!

Neodrache
June 23rd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Update.. i need a combed back imagehttp://imageshack.us/a/img208/8503/on2t.jpg

Neodrache
June 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Thank all you guys for posting and bumping thread. keep up the good work and never give up.. EVER see a lion without his mane??? Yea... masculinity is at it finest when you look as you were created to look. For all the men in this thread, I salute you. To all those who ponder growth, I challenge you.

bte
June 24th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Thank all you guys for posting and bumping thread. keep up the good work and never give up.. EVER see a lion without his mane??? Yea... masculinity is at it finest when you look as you were created to look. For all the men in this thread, I salute you. To all those who ponder growth, I challenge you.
Thank you on behalf of all of us!

Today I celebrate the 19th anniversary of my last trim - 1994 seems a very long time ago! Looking forward to 20 next year, which feels like a much bigger number, even though it's only about 5% different.

Good luck and happy growing to you all.

seaj
June 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I just saw this on youtube. His hair is awesome, so I thought it could offer some inspiration. His own channel is called wwwboyinabandcom, but I found him here http://youtu.be/g3GhDWMb_3E

Gumball
June 28th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hmm... Why not? Here's a length shot taken this morning:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5054&d=1372444290 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11084&attachmentid=5054)

yoni
June 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Ugh, Gumball, your hair is just perfect, exactly how I wish mine would be!

spirals
July 1st, 2013, 09:27 PM
If the guys don't want to smell flowery, there's always Dr. Bronner's magic soap. Some scents are gender-neutral, like almond or citrus. Of course, you have to do some kind of acidic rinse after. But hey, it's fair trade, organic, vegan, and it's fun to read the bottle!

Xxanderia
July 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/8503/on2t.jpg

awe, Neodrache, what happened to your beard? I so enjoyed that look!

Lakiticni
July 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread. Some images coming soon, just to figure out the best way to use my camera, since I'm not a "crazy about photo taking" person xD

Long_hair_bear
July 7th, 2013, 06:57 PM
For the guys here looking for a good, chemical free, manly smelling shampoo and condish, my soap maker makes this in Armani for Men. My hubby uses it and loves it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78550597/goats-milk-conditioner-8-oz-custom-scent?ref=shop_home_active

PS: Neodrache, not to be a creeper, but you are a nice looking specimen. :)

AnqeIicDemise
July 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Update.. i need a combed back imagehttp://imageshack.us/a/img208/8503/on2t.jpg

I think its a) been a while since I last visited this thread, b) you've had a growth spurt or c) all of the above but your hair has gotten LONG. :D Fabulous.

Kittney
July 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Neodrache, your hair looks awesome and awesome-er as it grows long.

EdG
July 8th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread. Some images coming soon, just to figure out the best way to use my camera, since I'm not a "crazy about photo taking" person xDWelcome Lakiticni!

I think of this thread as the LHC Men's Department. :lol:
Ed

Lakiticni
July 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Just took some time to view this complete thread. Those are some very good looking manly manes!

And I got the hang of the camera:
(Hair is still a bit wet in those images, I might take some more images tomorrow when it is completely dry)
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/7746/asle.pnghttp://imageshack.us/a/img594/1711/1iic.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8238/z8fa.pnghttp://imageshack.us/a/img841/8692/6zs0.png
Most of the length is damaged by blowfrying, but after I found this place I managed to at least make it look a little bit better. Gotta say thanks for that!

spirals
July 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hey, I think we're curl twins. Possibly color, too.

Lakiticni
July 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
That's cool! I've never met a person out of my family who has the same hair (my grandma being the one who had it before some stress, now she lost most of it).
Maybe I should check your care routine (it is in your signature??)

And forgot to say previously, thanks for the welcome, EdG.

spirals
July 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
In our family we call it the George hair because we got it from my grandfather. My aunts cut theirs short because they couldn't deal with it. My routine is to wash with castile soap whenever my scalp is dirty or itchy, or when my hair has gone enough days to lose moisture. I don't like acv, so I make an acidic rinse with marshmallow root for slip. I think I will start adding nettles in again. I need a new detangler for summer; the humidity makes it like velcro! And I'm at waist, so it tangles if I look at it. For now I like almond and jojoba oil together, or grapeseed oil for general use and coconut or pre-wash soaks. I would call our hair wavy curls or curly waves; it defies categorization.

yoni
July 12th, 2013, 01:49 AM
@Lakiticni
your hair looks great! :D

Gumball
July 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Ugh, Gumball, your hair is just perfect, exactly how I wish mine would be!

I fight its texture all day every day, but that doesn't bother me. :lol: For the length just give it a little time and you'll get there, too!

yoni
July 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I fight its texture all day every day, but that doesn't bother me. :lol: For the length just give it a little time and you'll get there, too!

I'm afraid to say that at the moment I have limited time for that :(

but thanks! :D

Lakiticni
July 13th, 2013, 05:49 AM
@spirals
Thank you.
@yoni
It might look good on the outside, but it really is just one big tangly bush :)

HumanBean
July 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM
@spirals
Thank you.
@yoni
It might look good on the outside, but it really is just one big tangly bush :)

Um...it's sexy whatever it is!

Nedertane
July 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hey, gents, I've got a question! :)

I happened to pay attention to the "men's section" of the hair dye aisle for once while trying to kill some time in a drug store, and noticed a sort of reluctance towards calling any of the colors blonde. It seemed as though the lightest any of the brands wanted to go was light brown. There was one that went as far as dark blonde (gasp!) but even then, it was labeled "Dark blonde/Light brown" (This one (http://www.justformen.com/products/autostop/?shade=dark-blond), to be precise).

I've also noticed that blonde, or at least very light blonde men seem to be kind of a rarity in television/movies, unless they're a villain, or it's in some historical and/or fantasy setting. The only blonde celebrities that I can think of who don't entirely fit either category are Gordon Ramsey and Owen Wilson, but I could be missing others.

What I'm wondering then, is if there's any sort of "male stigma" against blonde hair? Is it seen as feminine/less masculine, or something? Most of the blonde men I know probably couldn't give a crap how their sexuality is seen, so my guess would be that I'm just over-analyzing. :p But in observation of these phenomena, I figured I'd bring the question here. So, what do y'all think?

humble_knight
July 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Blonde men as villains? What have you been watching? :p Thor's blonde! Vikings are blonde! :p Legolas, Faramir, Boromir<-------any need to go on? lol

Nedertane
July 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Blonde men as villains? What have you been watching? :p Thor's blonde! Vikings are blonde! :p Legolas, Faramir, Boromir<-------any need to go on? lol

Hmm, I wouldn't consider Boromir to be blonde, perhaps not even Faramir either. I had thought of the Malfoys and Silas (Da Vinci Code). Maybe I'm too far gone from pop culture, but besides your examples, I just couldn't think of many blonde male protagonists.

ETA: Heh, also this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlondGuysAreEvil

WilfredAllen
July 14th, 2013, 11:20 PM
ryan gosling is blonde, so was heath ledger

Nedertane, your link made me laugh. It also made me find this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhiteHairBlackHeart

spirals
July 15th, 2013, 12:20 AM
The difference is that women are blonde, while men are blond. There ya go. ;)

Tini'sNewHair
July 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
droooooooolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! *blushes* this is a fun thread :)))

Haybop
July 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I like this thread - it's good to see men with well kept, healthy long hair when I live in an area that's dominated by the chav cut (buzzed sides with patterns in and spiked on top to cause maximum damage in a fight if needed).

yoni
July 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Decided to wear a half tale today!
Those are the kind of curl-waves I get from wearing it in a bun for a long time :D

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/215/xdz7.jpg

Mya
July 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Yoni, beautiful :thud:

yoni
July 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks Mya! :D

Unicorn
July 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hey, gents, I've got a question! :)

I happened to pay attention to the "men's section" of the hair dye aisle for once while trying to kill some time in a drug store, and noticed a sort of reluctance towards calling any of the colors blonde. It seemed as though the lightest any of the brands wanted to go was light brown. There was one that went as far as dark blonde (gasp!) but even then, it was labeled "Dark blonde/Light brown" (This one (http://www.justformen.com/products/autostop/?shade=dark-blond), to be precise).

I've also noticed that blonde, or at least very light blonde men seem to be kind of a rarity in television/movies, unless they're a villain, or it's in some historical and/or fantasy setting. The only blonde celebrities that I can think of who don't entirely fit either category are Gordon Ramsey and Owen Wilson, but I could be missing others.

What I'm wondering then, is if there's any sort of "male stigma" against blonde hair? Is it seen as feminine/less masculine, or something? Most of the blonde men I know probably couldn't give a crap how their sexuality is seen, so my guess would be that I'm just over-analyzing. :p But in observation of these phenomena, I figured I'd bring the question here. So, what do y'all think?

I see these are advertised to "cover the grey". I suspect that really blond hair doesn't show up the grey in the same way darker hair does.

Unicorn

mykle
July 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Just throwing my name into this ring.

flemeister
July 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Love it!:thud:

My hair's about halfway between shoulder length and shoulder blade, aiming for mid-back. Been coming back to this thread and your photo above for extra motivation to keep growing it out. Just the simplicity of the Flexi-8, keeping the hair out of the face and peripheral vision, while leaving it reasonably loose and comfy in the back... Can't wait! :cool::rockerdud

yoni
July 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM
Posted it in the milestone thread as well but oh well :)
Finally managed to do a braid without putting it in a ponytail before, had to stop in the middle so it turned to some sort of a segmented braid :D
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7250/hpy2.jpg

spirals
July 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
It looks cool. In high school I had waist-length and used to make a braid with one fat section and two skinny ones.

Lakiticni
July 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM
yoni, not trying to offend you, but that braid is the weirdest one I've seen in my life :). It looks kinda twisted. Is it the classic 3 strand braid or some other? (I can't really see it from the image)

Tori Angeli
July 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
No offense, boys, but this thread has pretty much ruined my life. My standards for male hair have just shot through the roof and I will never be happy with just anyone ever again after seeing your gorgeous hair. I hope you're happy.

yoni
July 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
yoni, not trying to offend you, but that braid is the weirdest one I've seen in my life :). It looks kinda twisted. Is it the classic 3 strand braid or some other? (I can't really see it from the image)

Funnily it is a 3 strand braid, it looks twisted to me as well.. perhaps I just need (A LOT) more practice :D

Long_hair_bear
July 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM
He's not a member yet due to our lhc system, but here's my hubby's hair! He's just started growing it out. I take care of it for him. :)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/1580be6cbde132ee5b9c5b88e0233aac.jpg

Neodrache
July 21st, 2013, 11:25 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/685/8ilh.jpg

awe, Neodrache, what happened to your beard? I so enjoyed that look!

It took a couple weeks.. i will take better photos.. :D

Neodrache
July 21st, 2013, 11:29 PM
Damn you Yoni! I adore your thickness brother! =(

Decided to wear a half tale today!
Those are the kind of curl-waves I get from wearing it in a bun for a long time :D

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/215/xdz7.jpg

Neodrache
July 21st, 2013, 11:35 PM
Tori, being that I am ex-military, lived most my life to the conformity of society's standards, and basically walked this earth without my own identity, I could never look back with finding my identity as a man with my hair growing. I feel more empowerment from my hair than I do anything else. When I think of Sampson's story of strength, I feel I'm literally on the same page. I have more self-esteem with long hair and more so, I feel utmost confidence. Pride. Plain and simple. I have the testosterone of a Viking God and the compassion of a nurturing mother, (probably why I'm a damn good nurse) and all because I have found myself, believe it or not, through my hair...

No offense, boys, but this thread has pretty much ruined my life. My standards for male hair have just shot through the roof and I will never be happy with just anyone ever again after seeing your gorgeous hair. I hope you're happy.

Neodrache
July 21st, 2013, 11:35 PM
You go brother!!!

he's not a member yet due to our lhc system, but here's my hubby's hair! He's just started growing it out. I take care of it for him. :)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/1580be6cbde132ee5b9c5b88e0233aac.jpg

yoni
July 22nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
Thanks a lot Neodrache! you look great as well and your hair too! what's your length? :O

and @long_hear_bear - his hair looks absolutely fantastic!

Flick6
July 22nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Tori, being that I am ex-military, lived most my life to the conformity of society's standards, and basically walked this earth without my own identity, I could never look back with finding my identity as a man with my hair growing. I feel more empowerment from my hair than I do anything else. When I think of Sampson's story of strength, I feel I'm literally on the same page. I have more self-esteem with long hair and more so, I feel utmost confidence. Pride. Plain and simple. I have the testosterone of a Viking God and the compassion of a nurturing mother, (probably why I'm a damn good nurse) and all because I have found myself, believe it or not, through my hair...

One of the loveliest things I have read on this site so far.

Crabbyco
July 22nd, 2013, 06:45 AM

It took a couple weeks.. i will take better photos.. :D

Dang! Neodrache!!! If I wake up in the hospital looking at you, I'm going to think I died and went to heaven. :o
I'm loving all the male hair in this thread.

Ocelan
July 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Oh no, there is the beard! *swoons*

I just noticed my DBF's hair is soon reaching waist length. He likes it when I brush it gently (I bought him a tangle teezer so he wouldn't rip one of those plastic nubby brushes through his hair). He had a buzz cut in 2008 or 2009 and had only let me cut about one inch of it off in March of last year, that's all it's ever been cut since he started growing. The ends are full of split ends, but he hasn't yet let me S&D his hair, keeps saying it would take forever to do so, but it would make a big difference it the ease of detangling. He is WO. I hope he won't cut it all off one day! I would be devastated! I know it's his hair and he can do anything he wants with it but he looks so much better with it than without. I would sneak a picture to you guys, but I don't know if I dare. :)

Tori Angeli
July 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM

That's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I love the relation to Samson, too. I've found a lot of confidence from my hair as well, so I get it. It's hard to explain to most people why my hair is so important to me, and you said it beautifully.

Lakiticni
July 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM

If you ever use defibrillator, make sure you yell "I AM THORDRACHE! THE MIGHTY GOD OF THUNDER!" :cool: