PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen... Start your postings!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Gumball
February 26th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I didn't use them during the awkward stage, but I used them for a while to secure a braided cinnabun until I started using a stick for it instead. No issues here.

restless
February 26th, 2014, 09:37 PM
How do you guys feel about using bobby pins, at least during the awkward stage? I have been considering it a bit lately and wondered if any of you had and your thoughts. Thanks

I dont belong in this thread at all but I saw this post and just had to write a sentence or two; there are bobby pins that are only half as long as the regular type so keep an eye open whenever you pass a store that sells hair related things. It seems you are a bit hesitating about the whole bobby pin idea but if you find these, you can easily hide the little pin behind a lock of hair and still get the hair off your face. Im sure you can do that with the regular sized ones as well, but these little pins are a bit more discreet if thats what youre looking for.

truepeacenik
February 27th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I hoisted on chain mail today like a beast.. I belong in this.. I felt amazing wearing it... only it I had more.. a complete viking battle set... my veins pumped with pride..

http://s30.postimg.org/49lekqp8x/2014022595123315_1.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/f42umo8cx/2014022595123504.jpg

Thank you all for your support and compliments. Nobody really understand how that makes a person feel. =D

Not to pop your butch bubble, but 5-2 me has worn chain maile full shirt.
And, I knitted part of it. (And spun the rings, to boot. Yeah, I worked faires.)

tommyboy
February 27th, 2014, 02:47 AM
I wore them at work during my awkward stage. Was a bit apprehensive at first, but soon found out that no-one cared. :)
Sounds good. Don't know how I missed your previous post. Guess I just have to be brave.

I dont belong in this thread at all but I saw this post and just had to write a sentence or two; there are bobby pins that are only half as long as the regular type so keep an eye open whenever you pass a store that sells hair related things. It seems you are a bit hesitating about the whole bobby pin idea but if you find these, you can easily hide the little pin behind a lock of hair and still get the hair off your face. Im sure you can do that with the regular sized ones as well, but these little pins are a bit more discreet if thats what youre looking for.
Thanks I will look for those. I need to get an elastic headband for exercising so I will make sure and get the smallest ones at the store and give them a try. I am sure with some effort I can make them work.

T-Red
February 27th, 2014, 06:39 PM
For those that deal with grief for having or growing long hair, I'm curious as to where you live, your occupation, and what kind of general lifestyle you enjoy, and how it relates to your comfort level. I'm asking, so I'll go first.

I live in a rural small town in the upper Midwest. Pop. about 125. I work in a machine shop, and in general enjoy a redneck/country lifestyle. I raise livestock, enjoy gardening and farming, hunting, drive a diesel 4wd truck, and am a blue jeans and t-shirt, meat and potatoes type of guy. I do catch a lot of flak for my hair, (which is only 8 months growth from a buzz cut), and have both ears pierced.

How about everybody else?

Long_hair_bear
February 27th, 2014, 06:55 PM
For those that deal with grief for having or growing long hair, I'm curious as to where you live, your occupation, and what kind of general lifestyle you enjoy, and how it relates to your comfort level. I'm asking, so I'll go first.

I live in a rural small town in the upper Midwest. Pop. about 125. I work in a machine shop, and in general enjoy a redneck/country lifestyle. I raise livestock, enjoy gardening and farming, hunting, drive a diesel 4wd truck, and am a blue jeans and t-shirt, meat and potatoes type of guy. I do catch a lot of flak for my hair, (which is only 8 months growth from a buzz cut), and have both ears pierced.

Buncha hoopla! Men look alot better with long hair. When I saw the actors from Lord of the Rings in real life, my first thought was, "Wow, they looked alot better in long hair!"

Haybop
February 28th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Not to pop your butch bubble, but 5-2 me has worn chain maile full shirt.
And, I knitted part of it. (And spun the rings, to boot. Yeah, I worked faires.)

And I now insist on pics ;D

yoni
February 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Snuggles (my spouse) has a brother with hair that looks just like yours. Snuggles' hair is much finer and thinner, but this month he hit tailbone on his longer strands, but it looks shorter because of random curliness.

I like your name, both forms of it. Snuggles and I are avid name-meaning researchers.

Why thank you! :) technically it's just a shorter form of my full name, but I consider it as my name (been too lazy to change it officially). :P
What's the other form though?

trolleypup
February 28th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Not so much with the grief...I guess I get a non-positive comment every year or so.

San Francisco, CA; transit supervisor/rail training instructor (former bus and rail operator); arty & outdoorsy geeky lifestyle. I choose to live where skill/competence/abilities are more valued than unthinking conformity. Comfort level: very high, both with the fact of my long hair and how I relate to my local cultures as a longhair.

In general, both here and far away, my hair is so far outside the norm (up OR down), and my age and demeanor do not present as a possible victim, that I really get very little negative feedback.

tommyboy
March 1st, 2014, 03:33 PM

I am from the northeast and am a college student, so there's some slack there with the hair. I used to have long hair, from about 12 years old to 19 or so when i cut it for a change, so a lot of people met me with long hair in the first place which helps. I used to skateboard when I was younger and enjoy sports fair bit, especially soccer, which I play a lot. As far as comfort goes, I don't really worry about having long hair and what others think, probably because I got used to that having done it before. Some people don't like it, some do, most don't care or at least not enough to comment. I did get a uncomfortable wearing it differently than down or in a ponytail, and pretty much never did that before and that still seems to be the case, as trying something new like bobby pins has made me a bit nervous.

flemeister
March 1st, 2014, 08:50 PM
I am from the northeast and am a college student, so there's some slack there with the hair. I used to have long hair, from about 12 years old to 19 or so when i cut it for a change, so a lot of people met me with long hair in the first place which helps. I used to skateboard when I was younger and enjoy sports fair bit, especially soccer, which I play a lot.
Damn lucky hehe, these were the rules for hair at my school:

HAIRCUTS:
(a) Not to be cut shorter than 'Blade 4' length.
(b) Not to change length abruptly; i.e. no undercuts, bumps or 'mops'
(c) Not to be cut so long that it can be pulled down below the eyebrows or touch the ears or collar
(d) To be neat and tidy at all times.
(e) No artificial colouring.

Didn't really care for long hair at the time anyway, so my only regret is that I didn't grow it out the moment I finished school. Could've been at terminal length already. Oh well... :rolleyes:

I did get a uncomfortable wearing it differently than down or in a ponytail, and pretty much never did that before and that still seems to be the case, as trying something new like bobby pins has made me a bit nervous.
Think of the bobby pins as a practical tool rather than a piece of jewelry. Should make you feel a little less nervous about it. :)

tommyboy
March 1st, 2014, 09:39 PM
Damn lucky hehe, these were the rules for hair at my school:
Didn't really care for long hair at the time anyway, so my only regret is that I didn't grow it out the moment I finished school. Could've been at terminal length already. Oh well... :rolleyes:
Think of the bobby pins as a practical tool rather than a piece of jewelry. Should make you feel a little less nervous about it. :)

Yeah guess I got lucky, though a lot of schools here don't care too much about that. And as far as the bobby pins go they are real useful, and they are definitely not jewelry so i don't know why I get nervous. Oh well. I have been using them all the time at home the last couple of days and planning to this Monday for school. If I leave my hair down I have been getting pretty good at making it so you can't see them, though I prefer a ponytail with the front layers pinned back, but thats more obvious.

RICKY 9
March 1st, 2014, 11:08 PM
Your hair is very nice and healthy ! Good :
Let it growing more and more
Here a post of my hair (February 2014). Length is 39 inch (99 cm)
Ricky

jextxadore
March 2nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
22 February 2014. 100cm or something like that.

In secondary school I didn't have any problems with teachers —*it was more my friends and classmates making the (often negative) comments. Predictably, they stopped when they finally realised that it didn't really bother me.

http://cl.ly/image/28212x3D1K3K/For%20LHC.jpg

T-Red
March 2nd, 2014, 12:07 PM
That's one lesson that took me a long time to learn, just don't let it bother you. Comments used to get me riled up, go back and forth a few times, and commence to fighting. Really didn't help a bit!

I do believe that comfort and especially confidence in our choices are good traits to have.

flemeister
March 5th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Moar braid:

http://s6.postimg.org/dfhrcg2kx/DSC02247b.jpg

tommyboy
March 5th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Nice Braid

tommyboy
March 5th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Here's an old pic of my hair right before I cut it :( a little less than 2 years ago. I'll try and take one of my hair now, but I found this one cleaning out some stuff on my computer and figured I'd post it. Kind of glad my mom took it before I had her cut it off, good goal to shoot for.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9590&d=1394069850

flemeister
March 5th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Here's an old pic of my hair right before I cut it :( a little less than 2 years ago. I'll try and take one of my hair now, but I found this one cleaning out some stuff on my computer and figured I'd post it. Kind of glad my mom took it before I had her cut it off, good goal to shoot for.
Damn, that's awesome! Agreed, good goal/motivation right there. :)

T-Red
March 6th, 2014, 03:36 AM
I second the braid! That and a ponytail is why I am growing!

Tommyboy - that's a good lookin head of hair.

flemeister
March 6th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Redid braid, got rid of my nape fuzzies, and this time brushed all my hair back, instead of brushing it to the side before pulling it back (made some hairs stick up on top haha). Looks a fair bit cleaner I reckon. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/pi0kmobo1/DSC02277a.jpg

tommyboy
March 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Redid braid, got rid of my nape fuzzies, and this time brushed all my hair back, instead of brushing it to the side before pulling it back (made some hairs stick up on top haha). Looks a fair bit cleaner I reckon. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/pi0kmobo1/DSC02277a.jpg
Looks good man. Is that how you have been wearing all day? If so hows the reception been?

tommyboy
March 6th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Tommyboy - that's a good lookin head of hair.

Thanks it just has to grow back now.

tommyboy
March 6th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Here's a picture of my hair now. I snapped it real quick before taking off for class so its in a ponytail but it still shows the length ok, plus its how I've been wearing it to keep it out of my face as it was driving me nuts. The picture maked me glad I haven't trimmed too much off the back. I hate the mullet look the longer layers actually make my ponytail more than a coarse puff.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9603&d=1394154521

flemeister
March 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Looks good man. Is that how you have been wearing all day? If so hows the reception been?
Yeah, I wore it all day yesterday. Prefer it loose when sleeping, but re-did it today for swimming. Felt nice and comfy in the pool, unlike a ponytail that tends to yank a bit. I'd always worn it loose as I hate how tight swim caps are, but it was getting a bit too long to be practical. Happy to be able to braid it now, and I think I'll do it more often instead of a ponytail. :)

Reception was fine, no weird looks or anything hehe.

Here's a picture of my hair now. I snapped it real quick before taking off for class so its in a ponytail but it still shows the length ok, plus its how I've been wearing it to keep it out of my face as it was driving me nuts.
Very nice! From your earlier posts I was thinking that it was shorter. :o

The picture maked me glad I haven't trimmed too much off the back. I hate the mullet look the longer layers actually make my ponytail more than a coarse puff.
Yeah, I haven't trimmed mine either, and probably won't until it's a bit longer. Just ponytail it (and now braid it yay!) to cover up the mullet look, and enjoy the extra length. :)

tommyboy
March 6th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I wore it all day yesterday. Prefer it loose when sleeping, but re-did it today for swimming. Felt nice and comfy in the pool, unlike a ponytail that tends to yank a bit. I'd always worn it loose as I hate how tight swim caps are, but it was getting a bit too long to be practical. Happy to be able to braid it now, and I think I'll do it more often instead of a ponytail. :)

Reception was fine, no weird looks or anything hehe.

Very nice! From your earlier posts I was thinking that it was shorter. :o

Yeah, I haven't trimmed mine either, and probably won't until it's a bit longer. Just ponytail it (and now braid it yay!) to cover up the mullet look, and enjoy the extra length. :)

Glad its gone well, its cool you can actually do something with your hair. When mine gets some length to it I might have to give that a try and definitely a bun. It's cool to see guys try some stuff out. I'd definitely still want it long, but it looks fun to try stuff with it. Did it take long to get it down?

Thanks. I have been growing it in some fashion for about 16 months or so and while I can get a lot of it tied back now there are still a bunch of layers that aren't there yet and were driving me nuts without the pins. Love being able to wear a ponytail though, even if I have to use a handle full of pins, much more comfortable.

flemeister
March 6th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Glad its gone well, its cool you can actually do something with your hair. When mine gets some length to it I might have to give that a try and definitely a bun. It's cool to see guys try some stuff out. I'd definitely still want it long, but it looks fun to try stuff with it.
Yours looks long enough to try a short english braid on, even with the layers. Just use a tiny bit of coconut oil (or whatever oil you use) to make it easier to work with, as well as minimise the flyaways. Try and get the three segments reasonably equal, otherwise you end up with a lopsided braid and a longer tassel. And brush it first to get most of the tangles out. :)

I'm just coming up to two years now since my last haircut (buzz cut). I started ponytailing about 10 months in - just a short one, plus bobby pins to hold back the front layers. A bit of gel helped as well, but wasn't needed as it grew longer.

Did it take long to get it down?
Only takes a few seconds to take off the elastic and unravel it all. Then shake my head side to side to get it back to normal. :)

T-Red
March 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I admire both of your thickness. We have 2 guys at work both wear ponytails, and their thickness is about like a pencil. Your hair looks healthy and thick. That's my hope, is when I get enough hair to get in a ponytail, I want a big thick one, not stringy...

tommyboy
March 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Yours looks long enough to try a short english braid on, even with the layers. Just use a tiny bit of coconut oil (or whatever oil you use) to make it easier to work with, as well as minimise the flyaways. Try and get the three segments reasonably equal, otherwise you end up with a lopsided braid and a longer tassel. And brush it first to get most of the tangles out. :)

Haha. gave it a few tries and got a few laughs. Definitely a ways a way. the layers that don't make it to the hair tie had no chance and I have a bunch of layers that I can just barely get in the tie so they didn't stay put, but it was fun to give it a go.

T-Red
March 9th, 2014, 08:33 AM
How do you guys handle nape hairs? Do you shave/trim, or just let them be? I don't have a real distinct hairline in back, it kind of transitions into nape hairs all the way down to my shirt collar.

EdG
March 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM
How do you guys handle nape hairs? Do you shave/trim, or just let them be? I don't have a real distinct hairline in back, it kind of transitions into nape hairs all the way down to my shirt collar.I don't see a need to trim nape hairs.

Like nape hairs, sideburns also do not have an abrupt transition. I trim my sideburns, but very carefully.
Ed

flemeister
March 10th, 2014, 04:34 AM
My hairline at the back has a very abrupt transition, at least when I'm wearing my hair up. My nape hairs look fairly thick and messy, so I prefer to shave them off altogether, or at least keep them short and sparse. There's no effect on my overall length, but it looks a whole lot neater when wearing a ponytail or braid. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/tqhv8rf2l/DSC02247b.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tqhv8rf2l/)http://s6.postimg.org/y0a0r0i6l/DSC02277a.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/y0a0r0i6l/)

browneyedsusan
March 10th, 2014, 06:02 AM
:twocents:
I don't mind nape hair.
But take it for what it's worth: 1) I'm a member of a hair forum. 2) I like men, and most of them come with body hair. --I like American Indian men and other "naked" male varieties just as well.-- 3) My man is bald, but he's pretty nice! I'm fine with the "standard issue". Rock what you've got, boys! :)

flemeister
March 10th, 2014, 08:24 AM
and other "naked" male varieties just as well
:joy:

My man is bald, but he's pretty nice! I'm fine with the "standard issue". Rock what you've got, boys! :)
Your very own Jason Statham? :cool:

browneyedsusan
March 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Apologies, my last post wasn't very clear.
To clarify:
Hairy men are lovely.
Non-hairy men are lovely.
My bald, overweight, middle-aged man is lovely.
Almost all men younger than 30 trigger "pat-on-the-head, give milk and cookies" nurturing though. --Sorry about that, fellows. I can't help it.-- Once they ripen up a little, I like them just fine though!
The end.

MadeiraD
March 10th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I buzz my hubby's nape hair for him, he doesn't like having it, and he wears his hair in a high pony a lot

tommyboy
March 13th, 2014, 01:16 PM
How do you guys handle nape hairs? Do you shave/trim, or just let them be? I don't have a real distinct hairline in back, it kind of transitions into nape hairs all the way down to my shirt collar.

Mine aren't too bad and aren't real noticeable so i just leave them.

Gumball
March 13th, 2014, 01:29 PM

I leave them be. :) I'm a fluffy headed person anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

Neodrache
March 13th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I hate watching hair grow.. I feel like its not growing anymore. grrrrrrrrrrrr. it's like watching water boil...

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/bzmja.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

ETA: wow.. my image came up so small... =\

http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo. jpg#

wow.. my image came up so small... =\

http://img222.imagevenue.com/loc782/th_735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo.jpg (http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo. jpg)

HeavenlyTresses
March 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
We can tell you to quit watching it but that is so much easier said than done! Just go back to the beginning of this thread and see how far you've come, you're making great progress even if it doesn't seem like it.

Aderyn
March 13th, 2014, 10:01 PM
At least when watching water boil, you could turn up the temperature and make it boil faster.. if only there was some sort of trick to growing hair faster, too. :p

Long_hair_bear
March 13th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I hate watching hair grow.. I feel like its not growing anymore. grrrrrrrrrrrr. it's like watching water boil...

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/bzmja.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

ETA: wow.. my image came up so small... =\

http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo. jpg#

wow.. my image came up so small... =\

http://img222.imagevenue.com/loc782/th_735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo.jpg (http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=735259615_20140313_153822_122_782lo. jpg)

Ya, I'm with you. My hair feels like it never grows. :(

MeAndTheMaz
March 13th, 2014, 11:55 PM

A few times when I've gotten a trim, the stylist wants to shave them, but I hate it when the stubble starts growing back in. Lately I've been telling them to just leave it. (So far) I haven't been tying back or pony tailing, so it's not really an issue with me.

PrincessBob
March 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Well, my daddy just dropped the bomb... he plans to buzz off his hair. It's been APL to waist for nearly 20 years, and he's just not up to caring for it any more. Of course I am saddened, but I know my dad is making this decision out of sound reasoning. After one of his bouts of depression, he just let it go until he ended up with a large dreaded ball of hair on his nape, so he's just going to get rid of it. I tried telling him about the Tangle Teezer, which I am sure would work out the mess, but he's "ready for a change." :shrug: You can't really argue that with a man in his 50s. His girlfriend is none too pleased about the prospect of daddy's hair going bye-bye, but she isn't up to caring for it either. I guess this means no more braiding his hair for powwows.

MeAndTheMaz
March 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I tried telling him about the Tangle Teezer, which I am sure would work out the mess, but he's "ready for a change." :shrug: You can't really argue that with a man in his 50s. His girlfriend is none too pleased about the prospect of daddy's hair going bye-bye, but she isn't up to caring for it either. I guess this means no more braiding his hair for powwows.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :bottomsup:

EdG
March 15th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Well, my daddy just dropped the bomb... he plans to buzz off his hair. It's been APL to waist for nearly 20 years, and he's just not up to caring for it any more. Of course I am saddened, but I know my dad is making this decision out of sound reasoning. After one of his bouts of depression, he just let it go until he ended up with a large dreaded ball of hair on his nape, so he's just going to get rid of it. I tried telling him about the Tangle Teezer, which I am sure would work out the mess, but he's "ready for a change." :shrug: You can't really argue that with a man in his 50s. His girlfriend is none too pleased about the prospect of daddy's hair going bye-bye, but she isn't up to caring for it either. I guess this means no more braiding his hair for powwows.Oh well.

There are quite a few LHC'ers in their 50s, so I don't think age is an obstacle. Maybe he can trim off enough to make it easier to untangle?
Ed

tommyboy
March 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
First time I have managed a full ponytail without pins in almost 2 years. Had to tie it up in a relatively high ponytail but I don't mind much, it's just nice to hit the milestone.
http://s29.postimg.org/vkvm5ht3r/ponytail.jpg

Neodrache
March 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Damn Tommy, looks like you have some thick hair brother.. grats on the milestone. I remember how I always wanted to pull it back in a ponytail then I finally hit that top part being able to pull all of it back.. lol...

Wildcat Diva
March 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM

So, DH is growing out his hair and beard since he cut in December for a job interview at the big company where we live (Dow Chemical). He didn't get that job, but at his new job, he figures he's just grow his hair and wear his cap (he has a cap that he wears with the company logo; he works in building maitenance until someone says something.

He always tries to brag about how fast his hair grew back in the day, when he had long hair 15 years ago.

Now he's like, "Does hair grow slower as you get older?" Poor thing. Now reality is setting in. It takes lots of time.

T-Red
March 29th, 2014, 06:50 AM
There you go Tommyboy.... looks good. That's my first big goal, too, all my hair into a ponytail.
This hair growing journey sure does require patience.... hehe

tommyboy
March 30th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Damn Tommy, looks like you have some thick hair brother.. grats on the milestone. I remember how I always wanted to pull it back in a ponytail then I finally hit that top part being able to pull all of it back.. lol... Thanks, and it is kind of funny how that works. A ponytail is super useful and that was my original plan, but I have stuck with a half ponytail I had been wearing mostly and when its a bit longer and behaves better I think I will probably wear it loose more than in a tail.

There you go Tommyboy.... looks good. That's my first big goal, too, all my hair into a ponytail.
This hair growing journey sure does require patience.... hehe Thanks, nice to get that first big milestone out of the way.

flemeister
April 4th, 2014, 06:18 AM
April 2012 --> April 2014. Getting there... Should be at mid-back length before the end of the year. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/w5hn9mk9d/DSC01466b.jpg http://s6.postimg.org/6b7ujuk9d/DSC02355b.jpg

TrapperCreekD
April 4th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Great progress! :D

flemeister
April 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Great progress! :D
Thanks! :D

I sometimes wish I had more consistent waves/curls like yours. Just need moar length for now! :o

T-Red
April 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Flemeister, that before and after pic was huge for me. Now I started basically shaved, and it took 3 or 4 months to get to your 'before' pic, but wow! That is truly inspirational! Well done my friend.

flemeister
April 7th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Flemeister, that before and after pic was huge for me.
Yay! :)

No trims in two years though, so that helped it along, compared to regular trims to remove layers/avoid the mullet look. Easy enough to hide the layers with a ponytail or braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732&page=53&p=2660825&viewfull=1#post2660825) for the time being, and I'll start evening it up once it's at MBL.

flemeister
April 10th, 2014, 05:24 AM
http://s6.postimg.org/vo77p5de5/DSC02418a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/65evc4tu9/DSC02418a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/6gwbowaa5/DSC02415a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/e9mzgvg9d/DSC02415a.jpg)

Especially liking the half-up! Relaxed and comfortable to wear when the elastic is left a bit loose. :)

Feeling eager to try more new styles now. Gotta do a french braid one day, and time to get a Flexi-8 (or similar)! :cool:

Haybop
April 10th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Looking good flemeister :D Definitely got some thick looking hair there, french braids will look good in it :)

TrapperCreekD
April 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I have soft spot for the half up ponytail look. :crush:

I sometimes wish I had more consistent waves/curls like yours.

Thanks! :o

tommyboy
April 10th, 2014, 06:00 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/vo77p5de5/DSC02418a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/65evc4tu9/DSC02418a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/6gwbowaa5/DSC02415a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/e9mzgvg9d/DSC02415a.jpg)

Especially liking the half-up! Relaxed and comfortable to wear when the elastic is left a bit loose. :)

Feeling eager to try more new styles now. Gotta do a french braid one day, and time to get a Flexi-8 (or similar)! :cool:

Nice man. Your hair looks awesome. I also like wearing a half up, that's pretty much how I always wear it these days.

flemeister
April 10th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Haybop and TrapperCreekD

Awesome! :joy:

Nice man. Your hair looks awesome. I also like wearing a half up, that's pretty much how I always wear it these days.
Thanks! Need some pics though. ;)

tommyboy
April 10th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks! Need some pics though. ;)
Here's a pic of my half tail.
http://s10.postimg.org/yl69okkw9/1258374.jpg

flemeister
April 12th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Here's a pic of my half tail.
http://s10.postimg.org/yl69okkw9/1258374.jpg
Nice. Looks elegant with straight hair, and it'll look even better with more length. :)

MadeiraD
April 12th, 2014, 02:58 AM
So much gorgeous hair :cloud9:

Lucky_Lucy
April 12th, 2014, 03:30 AM
flemeister and tommyboy - You both have awesome hair, I really like the halfups, but a regular braid is just as great :D

Also, flemeister, usually, wavy hair looks stunning with layers, looks quite a bit like a V-shaped hemline(which I adore btw but I think my hair is too straight for it haha) :3

BrendaLoan
April 12th, 2014, 06:32 AM
How cool is this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvqJfyD5nlY&list=PLHZvUpJ8tQdv6JRK8Resz1s8FLpXFBqA1)? I thought I should share it here, the first ones are really easy and look great

Symphony
April 12th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I just tidied up the edge's of my husband's hair. He said I could post this. *swoon!!*

http://i.imgur.com/OEna00X.jpg

tommyboy
April 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments

Neodrache
April 17th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Newer photos from yesterday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/224880_10203633479536968_6673390141428982691_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10153917_10203633427135658_7928886030961219914_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1604882_10203633428055681_5787901148273213098_n.jp g

flemeister
April 17th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Newer photos from yesterday
Looks like solid APL there, nice! :D

Gumball
April 17th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Neodrache :thumbsup:

tommyboy
April 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Trying out a man bun today at home. Still needs to grow a lot to be able to do a legitimate bun though.
http://s28.postimg.org/r4mvj7v7h/2417413141_217fc690ec_o.jpg

T-Red
April 21st, 2014, 07:32 PM
Well, there ya go. I suppose it will take courage to wear it out, depending on your locale... I like it, and wish that hair styles for men had the same acceptance as women's, but atleast around here, not so much. "that one looks different... kill it!!" I love the Midwest, but the intolerance.... meh.

Danu
April 22nd, 2014, 05:46 PM
Well, there ya go. I suppose it will take courage to wear it out, depending on your locale... I like it, and wish that hair styles for men had the same acceptance as women's, but atleast around here, not so much. "that one looks different... kill it!!" I love the Midwest, but the intolerance.... meh.

My son and I were chatting about this, the other day. Things that even from a knee-jerk perspective, looked "masculine". We were thinking that it started with choice of hair toys, as in: swords, light sabers, etc. We also thought that maybe a partial bun, with the lower part of the hair down, looked pretty good (though does little, to cool your neck). And ultimately: beards help. :laugh:

But overall, we think the man-bun revolution, may be a slow one...

tommyboy
April 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM

I actually find no difference in reaction between a ponytail and a ponytail bun or whatever you call it when you don't pull the ponytail all the way through. It's basically the same thing I guess to people though it is a nice break for my neck to get the hair off. Maybe if it were something more elaborate or a real bun which I don't have the length for.

LauraLongLocks
April 23rd, 2014, 08:07 PM
Subscribing so I can view all this amazing hair. I hope my husband will decide to grow his long after he retires from the military.

tommyboy
May 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Just posting an update. I can get it all in a ponytail tied at my nape now for the most part thanks to a solid growth spurt and some patience, which is nice option/milestone and very useful for looking "professional" with long hair.

http://s7.postimg.org/5q1zhstaj/update_jpg.jpg

Symphony
May 8th, 2014, 05:00 AM
I wish my hair grew that fast!! I love it!

alessandraa
May 9th, 2014, 06:07 PM
So much beautiful hair

queenovnight
May 10th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Well, I'm a woman but my bf has long hair. So, this is his mane!

http://i61.tinypic.com/skukom.jpg

His hair has gotten quite a bit longer since these photos, but it's always braided, and he never lets me take photos. Oh well!

CremeTron
May 11th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Your boyfriend has lovely hair! This is the sort of man I try to sneak double takes at. Fortunately I am in the UK so you do not need to scratch my eyes out :D

Universe, please bring me a man like this^^ :grin:

kitana97
May 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM
queenovnight - It's a shame he never wears his hair down (at least for you :p) - the color is really gorgeous.

Also, I <3 your siggy pic. It's very mystical in a dark ethereal way.

kitana97
May 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Trying out a man bun today at home. Still needs to grow a lot to be able to do a legitimate bun though.
http://s28.postimg.org/r4mvj7v7h/2417413141_217fc690ec_o.jpg

I think it looks really good. While its growing out, the bun that you have with the edges sticking out looks nice in a messy bun way.

queenovnight
May 12th, 2014, 05:28 AM
CremeTron,
I'll ask the Gods and Goddesses to find you such a (similar) man! XD

kitana97
Isn't it? I absolutely adore his hair color! Also, thank you! ^_^

CremeTron
May 12th, 2014, 03:23 PM
CremeTron,
I'll ask the Gods and Goddesses to find you such a (similar) man! XD

kitana97
Isn't it? I absolutely adore his hair color! Also, thank you! ^_^

Tee hee, thank you! Seriously speaking though he does have a nice texture and colour to his hair. And of course so do you. Your siggy is breathtaking.

kyle_f
May 13th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Count me in as a fellow gentlemen long hair!

kyle_f
May 14th, 2014, 08:58 PM
It's awesome to see other guys with awesome long hair as I don't run into many.
So here's a pic of mine down:
http://s11.postimg.org/aumqr560j/pic2_jpg.jpg

Haybop
May 15th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Looking good Kyle - lovely , healthy & thick.... nice :)

browneyedsusan
May 16th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Ooh! Kyle_f! Gimme!
*covet*

daredevil14
May 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Awesome pics everyone!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/25iusf4.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/iqggf9.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/206hhes.jpg

I am 2-months before my 4th anniversary and going I shall keep! When wet, it's definitely at waist and, when dry, it's somewhere between BSL and MBL!

kyle_f
May 18th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Awesome pics everyone!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/25iusf4.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/iqggf9.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/206hhes.jpg

I am 2-months before my 4th anniversary and going I shall keep! When wet, it's definitely at waist and, when dry, it's somewhere between BSL and MBL!

Sweet hair man, awesome curls!

LauraLongLocks
May 21st, 2014, 08:56 PM
Whoa! Those curls are amazing!

Calaendor
June 29th, 2014, 11:47 AM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/f55b31b34c297e9a8a73ccaa3907440b/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko1_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3ceafa64a51a464aa29b490d4320176a/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko2_1280.png

http://37.media.tumblr.com/7d22bfd79635b9d5f83cc8dde35e9347/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko4_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3637a6abe489c68689003dab335658b6/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko5_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/fff7dcb66639f3ab31bfb5e4e847d8e1/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko7_1280.jpg
Me too! :)

Calaendor
June 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Oops, semi-double post, and rather large pic.. Ugh :/

HeavenlyTresses
July 2nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Great pics, great curls and great color in the sun! Do you have a particular goal length in mind?

Wildcat Diva
July 2nd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Calaendor, great pix! Love the upside down one. Welcome to LHC. Your curls are very nice and you are a handsome young man.

schatten
July 3rd, 2014, 01:57 AM
Lovely thread, I didn't realize (or notice) there were so many boys around here! Now I will wonder which sex a member has when i notice them and it is not really clear :o

Calaendor
July 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks so much! :hi five:

HeavenlyTresses, I'm trying to grow it out until.. shoulder blade length? Like in the middle of them.. But who knows, maybe longer.. Time will tell, got a slight problem with early greying as well, thus the henna (perhaps plus indigo to make it less feminine) plans..
Thanks for the warm welcome Wildcat Diva! And yeah schatten, there seem to be more of us then I expected. Always good for men to band together a little and keep up morale, tough times for long haired guys these days, lol, over here anyway..

lilin
July 3rd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Love a guy with gorgeous hair! :D

Nice pics, fellas. I didn't realize there were so many of you!

EdG
July 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Men make up about 5% of the LHC. That seems to mirror the percentage of long-haired men in the general population.
Ed

Long_hair_bear
July 4th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Guys with long hair make the world a better place!

hairpleasegrow
July 4th, 2014, 09:41 PM
And here I was trying to add pirates and aphros to my siggy. LOL Good thing I did not put Mr.T smiley:mrt: on my siggy, I wouldn't want people to think i'm in love with him, but he had a show when I was a little boy. hahaha

Pity the fool
:)
Love the mr T smiley

flemeister
July 30th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Still growing! Almost at mid-back, should be solidly there by October. :cool:

April 2012 --> November 2013 --> July 2014

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/59uddzszx/DSC02002a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/usmpr0ck1/DSC02002a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/9qourau19/DSC02603a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/lfsuf9l01/DSC02603a.jpg)

metztlie
July 30th, 2014, 01:47 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/f55b31b34c297e9a8a73ccaa3907440b/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko1_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3ceafa64a51a464aa29b490d4320176a/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko2_1280.png

http://37.media.tumblr.com/7d22bfd79635b9d5f83cc8dde35e9347/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko4_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3637a6abe489c68689003dab335658b6/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko5_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/fff7dcb66639f3ab31bfb5e4e847d8e1/tumblr_n7xxqypzmC1r0gpgko7_1280.jpg

OMG OMG OMG :p those curls are awesome
btw Hey dutchy.

You guys have awesome hair. Can I spam hubby with your pics to (hopefully) encourage him to grow his hair?

meliel
July 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Men of the world, just do us a favour and grow your hair long... That is all. :o

TrapperCreekD
July 30th, 2014, 02:45 PM
:thud: Simply stunning!

ogden
August 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Did any of you get self conscious about pulling your hair back at first?

flemeister
August 19th, 2014, 05:16 AM
A little bit I guess, mainly because I wasn't used to it. It makes for a neat and slick look though, and an easy way to get through the awkward stage. Use gel/pomade/mousse and/or bobby pins (both preferably) for the hair that isn't quite long enough to reach the elastic. :)

Shield31
August 19th, 2014, 05:40 AM
The Self Conscious thing came and went for me during the transition from loose and moving to "under control". The first few times I try anything new there is a short period of wondering what it looks like and wondering what others think. I had few hours of being self conscious when I decided to go back to "loose and moving". Now I wear my hair under control about 75% of the time and loose 25%.

PsychoLoverly
August 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could ask you guys for some advice. My brother has recentally been thinking of growing his hair, now that I've been at it for awhile. He is a year younger than me, age 19. He does have some reservations about it, though I dont know why, seeing as our father has had shoulder lenght hair before:p He is also looking for a job at the moment since he got his guard card, and thinks he cant have long hair and be a guard. I'm not trying to presuade him one way or the other, but show him its a possible choice. Any idea's?

LilyMarleen
August 19th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Personally I prefer guys with short hair :lipssealed:(I guess that's due to my working with only short haired guys for ten years now :shrug:) , but mostly when I see a guy with long hair I'm so jealous of the length and thickness and waves or curls and...:thud: so keep growing, it looks great on you. :cheer:

ogden
August 25th, 2014, 07:30 PM
A little bit I guess, mainly because I wasn't used to it. It makes for a neat and slick look though, and an easy way to get through the awkward stage. Use gel/pomade/mousse and/or bobby pins (both preferably) for the hair that isn't quite long enough to reach the elastic. :)

The Self Conscious thing came and went for me during the transition from loose and moving to "under control". The first few times I try anything new there is a short period of wondering what it looks like and wondering what others think. I had few hours of being self conscious when I decided to go back to "loose and moving". Now I wear my hair under control about 75% of the time and loose 25%.

Good to know someone else felt the same way, at least to a degree. I final sucked it up and bought some hair ties, so I'll see how it goes some time soon I guess. Long hair grows slow, but a ponytail is a drastic change, throws me off I suppose.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 25th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I'll just leave this here.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403582_10151208900425370_295841593_n.jpg

I realize this photo was from 2013 but I was just browsing hahaha I immediately thought of Alex Krull *gorgeous*:eye:
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpadonZScB1qj21bxo1_400.jpg
http://www.soundscapemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/atrocity-alex-krull.jpg

ogden
August 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Tried pulling my hair back for the first time this afternoon. I can get almost all of it in there if I put the ponytail really high. Not sure how i feel about it, but hey never been able to do that before!
http://s28.postimg.org/db1vqcqpp/986689_jpg.jpg

truepeacenik
August 28th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Ummmm.... How did this get so hijacked by women?
Where are our men?

EdG
August 28th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I'm here. Maybe the thread just needed bumping up. :)

ETA: no replies. Maybe we really are like the wind.

(Vanishes into wind-swept puff of hair). :magic:
Ed

brickworld13
September 4th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I managed to convince my friend Patrick that he should grow out his hair again. It used to be midback, and he's been envious of mine. I'm so excited to see his results. He has thick, shiny, black hair that is probably 1a/1b.

gthlvrmx
September 4th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Still growing! Almost at mid-back, should be solidly there by October. :cool:

April 2012 --> November 2013 --> July 2014

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/59uddzszx/DSC02002a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/usmpr0ck1/DSC02002a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/9qourau19/DSC02603a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/lfsuf9l01/DSC02603a.jpg)

I love your hair! I love seeing the growth you have had it motivates me to keep growing!! Thanks for putting those photos onto the bottom!

gthlvrmx
September 4th, 2014, 03:57 PM

Awesome hair you have there! I used to get those exact same curls as you do! A nice tubey spiral. :) it's nice seeing other men with long hair and you're quite handsome as well :)

gthlvrmx
September 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
April 2012 --> April 2014. Getting there... Should be at mid-back length before the end of the year. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/w5hn9mk9d/DSC01466b.jpg http://s6.postimg.org/6b7ujuk9d/DSC02355b.jpg

This! I love this! I like seeing the difference after 1 year of growth! It does motivate me a lot i can't wait to see how long my hair gets in a year! :) I hope it's as long as yours!

MeAndTheMaz
September 4th, 2014, 08:01 PM

I'm still kind of struggling with this one. I don't do change well. As someone else said, hair grows slow, ponies are there right away. Maybe I ought to get some ties just to have around. :rolleyes:

gthlvrmx
September 4th, 2014, 08:20 PM

Yes i was super self conscious when i began wearing buns in high school. I was using my mothers scrunchies too because I didn't know how to use a hairstick and I didn't know spin pins existed back then. It took me a while to get comfortable wearing a bun with a stick to school! :)

Shadow Walker
September 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I realize this photo was from 2013 but I was just browsing hahaha I immediately thought of Alex Krull *gorgeous*:eye:
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpadonZScB1qj21bxo1_400.jpg
http://www.soundscapemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/atrocity-alex-krull.jpg
Awesome. :P

Neodrache
October 22nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/qz57qp.jpg

Been a long while.. whoa...

Neodrache
October 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
I have no idea why these images were flipped sideways.. How lame..

I just took these, so they are phone quality. Sorry imperfections.

http://s28.postimg.org/49d8omkj1/2014_10_20_13_44_43.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/b9wn3nwx9/2014_10_20_13_45_46.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/k2dlrci25/2014_10_22_17_11_32.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/q9tl59371/2014_10_22_17_12_07.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/4sdqk5mjx/10390491_10203913371454091_355780090050615840_n.jp g
http://s28.postimg.org/4kq3nnbl9/2014_10_22_17_14_04.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/eyqxgvwbx/20141006_212732.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/8ejjwssx9/20141006_220427.jpg

elvenelk
October 22nd, 2014, 05:34 PM
http://postimg.org/image/9atjkd6a5/

Hele
October 22nd, 2014, 06:35 PM
i love your hair Neodrache but i need to know what that shirt says, i'm going to keep coming up with weird unlikely things if i don't find out! "Only ______ sexy ________ is not an official job title" :eye: Haha, watch "sexy" not even be the right word, just my warped mind at work! Congrats on reaching "long enough to obscure words on a tshirt" length!

Neodrache
October 22nd, 2014, 07:39 PM
http://s21.postimg.org/j2am97llj/10355844_10205060809859334_2661700800377478423_n.j pg
http://s21.postimg.org/r92m0sbo7/10420144_10205060807539276_8067813796294561458_n.j pg

moontree
October 22nd, 2014, 08:31 PM
That shirt, and your necklace, are awesome Neodrache.

Yay long hair for everyone :D

squirrrel
October 23rd, 2014, 01:50 AM
Nice to meet some of the guys here as guys... Sorry, that sounds complicated, but as others have said before, from the back it's hard to tell someone's gender...

Anyway - some great looking heads of hair. More power to you all! :)

earth
October 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Here's my hair. I will take a better picture shortly after a wash when it hasn't been in a pony tail.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/groovindaze/1-P1060282_zpsc48009eb.jpg

iYaap
October 23rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
I'm here too guys sorry for any gender problems :).
And I thought, we are men and we are not afraid to show our hair loving faces, in fact we are not afraid of anything! (except hair damage that is)
So here is a recent picture!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s428/Yaapy/image1.jpeg

Calaendor
November 1st, 2014, 05:36 AM
Thank you for the compliment :redrin: ! And yeah sure, I'd like to attribute to you gently persuading him ^^

Calaendor
November 1st, 2014, 05:47 AM
Double-posting, I can't edit yet.. But:

metztlie Yeah sure! I don't mind you showing him :) and thank you! I feel honored ^^
PsychoLoverly If he feels awkward in those in-between stages of growing out his hair, he could always tie it back? If his hair is to short for a tie, maybe use some (aloe vera) gels, or spray to fix the fly-aways?
flemeister Awesome growth you got! And so much in such a short time too!
gthlvrmx Thank you for your compliments! I understand you're growing out as well momentarily?
Neodrache Great length you got there! Were you the guy who posted his journey? If so: awesome to see how thee fared ^^

thebacontree
November 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM
ill post a pic tomorow evening when its just washed, nice thread

Long_hair_bear
November 1st, 2014, 05:50 PM
http://s21.postimg.org/j2am97llj/10355844_10205060809859334_2661700800377478423_n.j pg
http://s21.postimg.org/r92m0sbo7/10420144_10205060807539276_8067813796294561458_n.j pg

Awesome hair, dude! By the way, I don't think your PM or email work, Neodrache.... Been trying to get ahold of you about my project.

flemeister
November 2nd, 2014, 03:18 AM
I love your hair! I love seeing the growth you have had it motivates me to keep growing!! Thanks for putting those photos onto the bottom!

This! I love this! I like seeing the difference after 1 year of growth! It does motivate me a lot i can't wait to see how long my hair gets in a year! :) I hope it's as long as yours!

flemeister Awesome growth you got! And so much in such a short time too!

Thanks! :)

Simple braid with the aid of coconut oil. Tassel a bit long for my liking. Hard to braid further down with a very uneven hemline, as it hasn't been trimmed in two and a half years now. Anyway, must try harder next time! :D

Will try and get a decent length shot and a better braid photo soon. :)

http://s6.postimg.org/8v0vg83rl/DSC02713a.jpg

daredevil14
November 2nd, 2014, 06:57 AM
Wow, I return here after 4-5 months and new guys are here, great pics everyone, keep growing!

Here's a recent picture of me, my wavy/curly stuff is not behaving well recently, lots of frizz and roughness. I sometimes wish I have "easier" hair that is just straight, easy to comb (not to make a huge mess if I want to daily rewet and recomb curly hair), etc...

http://s12.postimg.org/f4wwjod64/DSC_0046.jpg

flemeister
November 2nd, 2014, 07:08 AM
http://s12.postimg.org/f4wwjod64/DSC_0046.jpg

Nice view! :)

Hmm, I can't see your photo in the thread, unless quoting your post then pasting the link. :confused:

better braid photo soon. :)

Heh, photography 101, have a good source of light... :rolleyes: Ahh whatever, was a midnight attempt... :o

Doesn't look as thick now that the coconut oil has worn off a bit. Went from 5 "bumps" to 6~7, and a shorter tassel. Job done. Must try again with dry hair, and preferably outdoors during the daytime lol... :)

http://s6.postimg.org/4n637h2c1/DSC02741a.jpg

thebacontree
November 2nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
here are my pictures (theyre URL's from imgur, if this is against the rules , please tell me)

this is some sort of elvish braid a friend did when we were really bored

http://i.imgur.com/FdzeMkg.jpg

just some lenght pics

http://i.imgur.com/c7mw3QC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IqtoVxD.jpg

hope you enjoy :p

flemeister
November 2nd, 2014, 11:06 PM
this is some sort of elvish braid a friend did when we were really bored

hope you enjoy :p
Love it!

I like half-ups, but would prefer not to ponytail it with elastic. I must try braiding it like you did there. :)

thebacontree
November 3rd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Love it!

I like half-ups, but would prefer not to ponytail it with elastic. :)

i dont like elastics either, but i only had those ate the time lol

flemeister
November 3rd, 2014, 10:45 PM
Update time. Reached mid-back length, yay! Onwards to waist (2~3 inches to go). :D

April 2012 --> November 2013 --> July 2014 --> November 2014

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/59uddzszx/DSC02002a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/usmpr0ck1/DSC02002a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/9qourau19/DSC02603a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/lfsuf9l01/DSC02603a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/ind6wqadp/DSC02783a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/wh1jls2z5/DSC02783a.jpg)

squirrrel
November 4th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Great work Flemeister! :)

fiðrildi
November 4th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Update time. Reached mid-back length, yay! Onwards to waist (2~3 inches to go). :D

April 2012 --> November 2013 --> July 2014 --> November 2014

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/59uddzszx/DSC02002a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/usmpr0ck1/DSC02002a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/9qourau19/DSC02603a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/lfsuf9l01/DSC02603a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/ind6wqadp/DSC02783a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/wh1jls2z5/DSC02783a.jpg)

Wow, I can't believe you made it to MBL in just 2 years... amazing!! :thud:

Loving this thread, I wish more gentlemen would grow their hair long. I was so disappointed when my long-haired flatmate chopped off his amazing mane (he certainly lost some of his appeal). Happy growing, everyone!

thebacontree
November 4th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Im curious to know why you guys grew it out, for females its not that rare, but i rarelt see long-haired men (besides at concerts).So what are your reasons for growing? I just like it and it is considered normal in the "dress code" for a metal fan.

daredevil14
November 4th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Well, besides metal (which is one of the many genre of music that I listen to), I consider long hair to be the natural norm of the human being, who invented the short hair norm for men anyway? Long hair is a return to nature and to nature we shall return.

thebacontree
November 4th, 2014, 09:22 AM
who invented the short hair norm for men anyway?

yeah, thats a great question

flemeister
November 4th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Great work Flemeister! :)

Wow, I can't believe you made it to MBL in just 2 years... amazing!! :thud:
Thanks. :)

Im curious to know why you guys grew it out, for females its not that rare, but i rarely see long-haired men (besides at concerts).So what are your reasons for growing? I just like it and it is considered normal in the "dress code" for a metal fan.
It just feels right to me. :)

One day I decided to refuse getting anymore haircuts. Each haircut leading up to that day had me feeling a bit neutered. Wanted to grow it out for years, but couldn't due to school dress code and wanting to look "normal"/presentable for work (awkward stage yay). That first photo was taken just after my last haircut, and haven't trimmed or cut since then (been two and a half years now).

bte
November 6th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Hi all and some wonderful manes here!

I recently celebrated 50 years of trying to be a longhair and a few months before that 20 years since my last trim. Very much enjoying the continuing journey. I agree with flemeister - I was 39 when I decided that I would never trim or cut my hair again; now I'm 4 months away from my 60th birthday. Lots of difficulties along the way, but it's great to have an give mutual support.

Happy growing!

trolleypup
November 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
First grew it because it pissed off my mom, found I liked it, and never looked back. Mom still doesn't like it.

jpitt
November 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
New guy who is slowly approaching the end of the awkward stage here. I recently came to the realization that I am probably going to have my hair in a ponytail most of the time once it is long enough between work and exercise and other physically active type activities. It was a bit of a downer since I originally had been hoping to wear it loose though clearly hadn't really thought this through. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you experienced a similar circumstance where you wear your hair differently than how you originally planned to most of the time? I suppose I shouldn't be too rash and wait and see but I was a bit bummed when it finally clicked that I was gonna end up wearing it back all the time.

Greg
November 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Im curious to know why you guys grew it out, for females its not that rare, but i rarelt see long-haired men (besides at concerts).So what are your reasons for growing? I just like it and it is considered normal in the "dress code" for a metal fan.

I had long hair a few years ago when I was in a band, sadly I cut it all off for work and I've missed it every day since. However my career is now at a point where I'm not planning to move up for a good few years so I'm growing it again :happydance:

I'm off to see Saxon again in a few weeks and I'll be able to feel my hair moving when I'm headbanging for the first time in years! :rockerdud

LauraLongLocks
November 17th, 2014, 06:44 PM
I hope it's not inappropriate for a happily married woman like myself to oggle all the awesome man-hair here, lol!

Clarkie
November 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I hope it's not inappropriate for a happily married woman like myself to oggle all the awesome man-hair here, lol!

Well if it is, then I'm in trouble too lol!

Looking good guys!!! :thumbsup:

trolleypup
November 17th, 2014, 07:29 PM
As far as I'm concerned, polite oogling is fine...whether it is appropriate is between you and yours.

In general, men are more tolerant of oogling and catcalling simply because the risk of harassment, abuse, and physical harm is far less. However, offensive behavior isn't welcomed.

captaincrunch
November 17th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread. Mind blown! I didn't realize many of these users were men. I assumed rowie was a female with a good looking boyfriend as 'her' user pic.

Gumball is a man too, what?!?!

I'm impressed there are that many guys here. I like people who live outside of societal norms :)

LauraLongLocks
November 17th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Well if it is, then I'm in trouble too lol!

Looking good guys!!! :thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, polite oogling is fine...whether it is appropriate is between you and yours.

In general, men are more tolerant of oogling and catcalling simply because the risk of harassment, abuse, and physical harm is far less. However, offensive behavior isn't welcomed.

Well, I guess I'm alright then. I would never dream of catcalling a guy - unless he's the guy who has been married to me for 20 years, haha. Love all the awesome hair here!

thebacontree
November 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I'm off to see Saxon again in a few weeks and I'll be able to feel my hair moving when I'm headbanging for the first time in years! :rockerdud

Yeah ,Saxon!!! How long is your hair at the moment though?

Greg
November 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah ,Saxon!!! How long is your hair at the moment though?

Six years ago it was this long...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/getser/313781_10152055710575288_501762711_n.jpg

Then I cut it all off for my career :thud: and it looked like this for a few years...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/getser/581782_10152105833615288_481045271_n.jpg

Now I've been growing it since July-ish, and it's as long as the following pics. The awkward stage is well and truly upon me and I can't wear hats to work or out to dinner! It'll be a long journey, but totally worth it.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/getser/20141108-2.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/getser/20141108.jpg

MeAndTheMaz
November 21st, 2014, 01:32 PM

Just as long as we can ogle back. Politely, of course.

LauraLongLocks
November 21st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Just as long as we can ogle back. Politely, of course.

Of course.

Greg, your hair is growing out nicely. Looks really nice. It'll be back where it was 6 years ago soon!

Aurum
November 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
I saw a male longhair out in the wild at the grocery store today. He was an older gentleman with (the equivalent of) BSL hair that started as a nice brown at the bottom and transitioned to a lovely grey at the top. Wowza--! :o

MsPharaohMoan
November 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM
Each haircut leading up to that day had me feeling a bit neutered.

Interesting!

And I thought, we are men and we are not afraid to show our hair loving faces, in fact we are not afraid of anything! (except hair damage that is)

:spitting:

EdG
November 22nd, 2014, 02:00 AM
I just stumbled upon this thread. Mind blown! I didn't realize many of these users were men. The next quiz will be to pick out the men and women from behind in the LHC lineup photos. :lol:
Ed

Neodrache
January 15th, 2015, 02:27 PM
It's been a while since I've posted. updates? haha..

http://i57.tinypic.com/ive6oo.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2licza0.jpg

Long_hair_bear
January 15th, 2015, 03:10 PM
It's been a while since I've posted. updates? haha..

Love the hair, sir! I've been trying to get in contact with you over email!

squirrrel
January 15th, 2015, 03:12 PM
That's a stunning mane! :)

Clarkie
January 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Wow, Neodrache Your hair has really grown! Looking good sir.:applause

Ani Ta
January 16th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Wonderful thread on which I'll keep an eye... :)

Knifegill
January 16th, 2015, 06:18 AM
When I joined the forum a few months ago, found this thread, but my hair was like 3 inches long. Now it's getting longer, perhaps I shall begin to share here.

missblueeyes
January 16th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Wow, Neodrache, your hair has truly become a mane! I love the different shades of blonde in there!

I think I'll subscribe to this thread from now on. :) You know what's funny? When I was really young, I always thought of long haired men as the norm because my dad's hair was about hip length when I was younger and all his friends were either bald or really longhaired. Actually, I really wish it was more common than it is.

bte
January 16th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Hi everybody. For some reason, I haven't posted on this thread. Perhaps because I can't compete with most of the fantastic manes here. But having not trimmed for 20 years and having tried to be a longhair for 50 years (see posts elsewhere), and now approaching my 60th birthday, I now have the longest hair I have ever had and at last feel that I have succeeded in something.

Today, I was buying a loaf of bread and the girl who served me commented that my hair was very long. I told her I hadn't cut or trimmed for 20 years, to which she offered the comment that I could now make a worthwhile plait (braid), so I plan to try that soon. A pleasing milestone for an oldie!

Johannah
January 16th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Neodrache, long hair really suits you!!

iYaap
January 17th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I haven't posted in a while but I am still growing :).
What do you think? Could long hair suit me?
You can be honest, I can take it :)!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s428/Yaapy/collage.png

squirrrel
January 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I like it... Especially when it's pulled back behind your ears (not obscuring your face I guess). :)

Gertrude
January 17th, 2015, 12:13 PM
iYaap, definitely (-: Second photo is the best but like both.

bte
January 17th, 2015, 12:32 PM

Great mane! Gro and enjoy!

gthlvrmx
January 17th, 2015, 12:39 PM

Long hair looks fine on you! It looks really thick too!

Neodrache
January 18th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the positive comments! Good to show updates and see how things have been. Newest addition was the beard.. lol.. Trying to let that grow too, but I am in my last semester of my RN BSN degree and not sure yet what clinical sites think as far as the whole "certain look for medical profession". So far, nobody has said anything, which is good. =)

Long Hair Bear, my email address is james.stalnaker@kwu.edu
I must have missed the email on my yahoo account. My bad. =(

iYaap, You have some crazy thick hair brother! Keep going man, don't be a conformist and let society judge you. Hold that head up high and know that you are not alone on your journey with hair growth. When I see another man with long hair, I do feel an emotion of connected pride. As though we belonged to the same village or tribe of unique men. I commend bte brother for you have not cut your hair in 20yrs? astonishing. True pride and strength comes from knowing what you have done is set a standard for yourself and followed it with chest out and head high. Thank you for your commitment.

To all others setting goals and standards, I give you this:

We all start from the bottomless pit of equality, It takes knowledge, power, and dedication to rise above and stand proud amongst those who choose not to be the same as everyone else.

I started from this in may 2011:

http://i57.tinypic.com/55ihhl.jpg

To now this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/29fcjlj.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/24o7tb7.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/fktj0g.jpg

missblueeyes
January 18th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, Neodrache, I hardly recognized you on that black and white picture! The long hair and the beard suit you much better than what you had in 2011.

StellaKatherine
January 18th, 2015, 01:00 PM
We have suprisingly a lot of men with long hair where I live. My guess is because of strong love for the metal mysic genres :D I see one guy who wears a bun almost everyday in the same buss with me :D

missblueeyes
January 18th, 2015, 01:54 PM
We have suprisingly a lot of men with long hair where I live. My guess is because of strong love for the metal mysic genres :D I see one guy who wears a bun almost everyday in the same buss with me :D

Scandinavia must be wonderful! I don't see that many long haired men but I recently saw that one of the guys working at the theatre I help out at has natural dreads that reach knee length when in a high ponytail. It looks so cool, too bad I can't really snap a picture and show you. :(

metztlie
January 19th, 2015, 07:37 AM
iYaap fist of all HIII fellow dutchie en yeas, I think it suits you, especially the second one.

Neodrache I absolutely adore your beard

Neodrache
January 21st, 2015, 09:30 PM
It seems as though I cannot use anything on this site due to registration or no approval or anyting. I cannot even respond to the private message I received from Gumball. I don't know what to do here. so I'll have to wait for an admin to help me out.

Kitten1030
January 21st, 2015, 09:43 PM
This site likes to be a PITA sometimes. I have rage quit more than once. The best is when you write a whole big page of text with pictures and everything hit post and logs you out:justy::headache:

Neodrache
January 21st, 2015, 09:44 PM
My hair was straightened for the first time... oh no, never again, I hated it, too flat and felt like it had no life..

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ymtzeg.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/30agq4m.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ly4qv6.jpg

Neodrache
January 21st, 2015, 09:45 PM
HAHAHA Just noticed my computer wallpaper, just an FYI those are NOT nude pictures.. just some butts.. they ARE clothed.. rofl......

Hele
January 21st, 2015, 09:50 PM
^^well one of the butts appears to have at least waist length hair so i reckon it's all right! :D

Gumball
January 21st, 2015, 10:01 PM
It seems as though I cannot use anything on this site due to registration or no approval or anyting. I cannot even respond to the private message I received from Gumball. I don't know what to do here. so I'll have to wait for an admin to help me out.
Give it a whirl now. :)

This site likes to be a PITA sometimes. I have rage quit more than once. The best is when you write a whole big page of text with pictures and everything hit post and logs you out:justy::headache:
Ah that's irritating! I haven't personally had that happen (my posts are only eaten by server lag on occasion - something that also has a chance of just duplicating them), but any time something of time like that is lost it's super frustrating.

yahirwaO.o
January 21st, 2015, 11:32 PM
My hair was straightened for the first time... oh no, never again, I hated it, too flat and felt like it had no life..

As straight hair gal I feel offended.... nahh just kidding .... but yeah I often get those feelings on the 3er day post wash even my hair is now feeling a lot thicker and more bouncy since started with regular trims and all the new routine.

On the other hand, when I have braid waves or bun waves I feel so weird with so big hair that chills me a bit, but after 15 minutes its back to its silky flat original state. :silly:

But yeah nice photos and hair u get to see the lenght very well!!!!! :cool:

Neodrache
January 23rd, 2015, 11:22 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/28ti8au.jpg

CremeTron
January 23rd, 2015, 11:35 AM
Gorgeous, manly hair in this thread. I now wish I had a long-haired man!!

midnight_blue
January 23rd, 2015, 11:43 AM
Well this has been a very enjoyable thread to read. I'll pretend it was inspiration for my son's hair... I'll post a pic as soon as I get my dropbox account sorted out.

midnight_blue
January 23rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
Right, hoping this will work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc58id3mwtgx0w6/20141230_170948.jpg?dl=0

Todd
January 25th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Mine's in my sig...

Todd
January 25th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Trying to attach sig.... Arrrgghhhh!!!

flemeister
January 25th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Try a third-party image hosting site: http://postimage.org/

Todd
January 25th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Try a third-party image hosting site: http://postimage.org/

I finally figured it out, thanks!

flemeister
January 25th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Might as well post a minor update pic. Brushed and ready to put up. Another few months till waist length. Will probably get there in April which will mark three years since I started growing. Not even a minor trim since then, heh. :)

April 2012 --> January 2015

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/j4ncjzea5/Hair_Length_26_JAN15.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/teprj845t/Hair_Length_26_JAN15.jpg)

yahirwaO.o
January 26th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Might as well post a minor update pic. Brushed and ready to put up. Another few months till waist length. Will probably get there in April which will mark three years since I started growing. Not even a minor trim since then, heh. :)

April 2012 --> January 2015

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/j4ncjzea5/Hair_Length_26_JAN15.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/teprj845t/Hair_Length_26_JAN15.jpg)

Awesome hair growth dude!!!!!! Growing between mid back and waist feels like forever but once u get there it does truly feel like loing hair

I posted this ones somewhere else but I havent made my contribution to this thread

http://i59.tinypic.com/2usbkhl.jpg

In all its glory. before cuttin to arm pit but pretty much gets close to this lenght fast, need new ones

http://i57.tinypic.com/34yv0vo.jpg

Top knot and its so cliche and hard for me put it in this I hardly ever wear it but oh well

http://i61.tinypic.com/mr7di9.jpg

Days when I dont want to deal with my hair, I french tuck braid it, bandanas and Im good to go!

I keep cuttin back to arm pit everymonth because Im experimenting to gain the thickest hair I can get for next 2 years... this was 6 months ago so my hair is now a total diferent thing but yeah.....

Daylilly
February 2nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
I really enjoyed the tread. My son has better hair than I do, I never cut his hair really short. You all have really great hair!

Todd
February 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
A new photo; this will suffice until its time to update my sig again.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/976/Tuun50.jpg

eloquence
February 8th, 2015, 02:51 AM
This is just awesome. I really wish more men would let it grow. It seems to be exceedingly rare. :(

Parisian Dozen
February 8th, 2015, 07:46 AM

****, that hair just isn't fair. I'd totally decapitate you in your sleep, scalp your head, and make a wig out of it.

Why my poor head has to be so wavy is beyond me ;_;

brickworld13
February 8th, 2015, 05:57 PM
****, that hair just isn't fair. I'd totally decapitate you in your sleep, scalp your head, and make a wig out of it.

Why my poor head has to be so wavy is beyond me ;_;

These kind of comments won't make you any friends around here. Especially as a new member. Think before you post. Jokes don't come through the forum very well. Especially this kind of joke. It's rather threatening and a lot of people wouldn't like it at all.

Parisian Dozen
February 8th, 2015, 08:37 PM
These kind of comments won't make you any friends around here. Especially as a new member. Think before you post. Jokes don't come through the forum very well. Especially this kind of joke. It's rather threatening and a lot of people wouldn't like it at all.
Dark sense of humor I guess... :(

Back to lurking... forever... or something... his hair is still fabulous, though...

flemeister
February 9th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Yeah, context doesn't usually translate well over the internet. Though I'm sure you mean well. :)

his hair is still fabulous, though...
Indeed! :D

brickworld13
February 9th, 2015, 01:11 PM

Back to lurking... forever... or something... his hair is still fabulous, though...

You don't need to lurk in the background unless you want to do that. Just try not to threaten people. There are many here with a bit of twisted humor, myself included, but some threads are better suited to that sort of thing. This one really isn't.

yahirwaO.o
February 10th, 2015, 09:49 PM
A new photo; this will suffice until its time to update my sig again.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/976/Tuun50.jpg

It looks very nice and well treated man!!!! :cool:

Todd
February 11th, 2015, 06:33 AM
It looks very nice and well treated man!!!! :cool:

Thanks! Odd that it looks so red in this picture; I think the camera's white balance (or something) was thrown off by that brown door. My hair is much less vibrantly brown in real life!

jpitt
February 11th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Im curious to know why you guys grew it out, for females its not that rare, but i rarely see long-haired men (besides at concerts).So what are your reasons for growing? I just like it and it is considered normal in the "dress code" for a metal fan.

I had a friend that started growing his out a little while back and it looked good. Mostly though I just wanted to try something different. I had had the same short haircut forever and long hair looked like it might be fun. It makes things much more interesting now that I can change up my look just by doing something different with my hair even if it is only SL.

yahirwaO.o
February 11th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks! Odd that it looks so red in this picture; I think the camera's white balance (or something) was thrown off by that brown door. My hair is much less vibrantly brown in real life!

Yeah that is what flash and some effects camars have that make either better or worse certain aspects of hair . My hair looks almost blue black in photos when its more close to a very dark brown if u ask me.

.....Stlil doesnt matter u have great hair!!!

0xalis
March 10th, 2015, 08:40 PM
This is my first post on this thread. What exactly am I supposed to say lol. Hi I'm Patrick I'm a dude and I miss my long hair :P

MeAndTheMaz
March 10th, 2015, 08:59 PM
What up, dude?

How about, why did you cut your hair? Are you growing it back? How long? :ale: Have a beer. Stay a while.

Knifegill
March 11th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Y'all are way ahead of me but here's for now.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x323/Knifegill/Hair/103_8926_zpskaseh047.jpg

flemeister
March 11th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Update again. My longest hairs are finally at waist length, but most are still at mid-back. Really need to start trimming those thin ends hehe! :)

April 2012 --> November 2013 --> July 2014 --> November 2014 --> March 2015

http://s6.postimg.org/3pbwfwbd9/DSC01466a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/uzx7ntea9/DSC01466a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/59uddzszx/DSC02002a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/usmpr0ck1/DSC02002a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/9qourau19/DSC02603a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/lfsuf9l01/DSC02603a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/ind6wqadp/DSC02783a.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/wh1jls2z5/DSC02783a.jpg)http://s6.postimg.org/ks14xqej1/Hair_Length_12_MAR15.jpg (http://s6.postimg.org/pqonc9ic1/Hair_Length_12_MAR15.jpg)

Keep on growing!

Todd
March 11th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Wow great progression of pics! :thumbsup

MeAndTheMaz
March 11th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Update again. My longest hairs are finally at waist length, but most are still at mid-back. Really need to start trimming those thin ends hehe! :)

Jeez Louise,dude! That's some serious growth. I think I might just hate you a little. Kidding.

Congrats.

flemeister
March 13th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Wow great progression of pics! :thumbsup
Thank you. :)

Jeez Louise,dude! That's some serious growth. I think I might just hate you a little. Kidding.

Congrats.
Thanks! Seems to have averaged 14mm/0.55" growth per month.

Skynyrd93
March 19th, 2015, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xjxQUxO.jpg

It took about 10 months, but I have finally converted by beard into head hair. A scientific miracle.
Only two more years left til I get back to my original length... but I think I'll be content in one year :)

http://i.imgur.com/ahS48gS.jpg

Xavien_Grey
April 1st, 2015, 10:21 PM
Hi all, figured id chime in with something, putting together a hair chronology at some point; ive got pics all the way back to a flattop but thats another story.

> Indoors with ambient sunlight. Closer to what you'd see if we met in person but my hair changes colors depending on the light and season. Its not as coppery as my camera seems to like it here though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2ymncboroab9mt/Photo%20on%203-31-15%20at%205.18%20PM.jpg?dl=0

> Same location few hours earlier in direct sunlight. I was blonde as a kid and it darkened considerably over the years, to idk what you'd call the color. Like here i have a lot of gold tones that pop up, especially in the summer months. but my hairs been known to reflect weird shades as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2ymncboroab9mt/Photo%20on%203-31-15%20at%205.18%20PM.jpg?dl=0

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 12:48 AM
Okay folks. Behold the enigmatic T.O. :D

Some old pics from my early 30's without the beard (rare)….obviously, I need one :rolleyes: As I said in my intro, "Pretty" just does not look good on a man LOL!:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/U9NmsM.png

Hair from the back, note this was not my longest and yes, my natural color when long. Sorry for the silly "flex" shot but what the heck, some chicks may dig it :rolleyes: LOLOL

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/nYjTYj.png

Taken this morning after a terrible sleep with my ugly, uncontrollable short hair in a wild pile, but I'm 50 years old now so I'm lucky I still have hair:p
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/5XHKUf.jpg

So girls, what do you think. Do you like me with long hair, do you think I could still pull it off?

Regards,

T.O.

flemeister
April 2nd, 2015, 01:36 AM
So girls, what do you think. Do you like me with long hair, do you think I could still pull it off?

Regards,

T.O.
I'm not a girl, but bloody oath, do it! You'd look awesome with long hair + any length of beard.

I'm almost at waist length, with long stubble/a very short beard (partly because I think it looks alright, but also to make absolutely sure that people know I'm male lol =D).

Ani Ta
April 2nd, 2015, 01:38 AM
Of course I do :) you look great on each pic and the "pretty" thing you mentioned is not bad at all but seems very attractive to me ;)

flemeister
April 2nd, 2015, 02:26 AM
It took about 10 months, but I have finally converted by beard into head hair. A scientific miracle.
Only two more years left til I get back to my original length... but I think I'll be content in one year :)]
Into the flippy stage hehe. Looking good though. Happy growing! :)

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 02:27 AM
I'm not a girl, but bloody oath, do it! You'd look awesome with long hair + any length of beard.

I'm almost at waist length, with long stubble/a very short beard (partly because I think it looks alright, but also to make absolutely sure that people know I'm male lol =D).

Hi there Flemeister :D

Almost waist! Now that's getting serious about it! I will need to check your pic. For me, I think I could do mid-back max…. You are so totally right about the beard LOL! If my "hair" looks like a girl's then GREAT….I just don't want to look like one….ROLF!

But I just really enjoy having a beard and feel naked and/or un-manly without it now.

Thanks for the input :D

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 02:37 AM
Of course I do :) you look great on each pic and the "pretty" thing you mentioned is not bad at all but seems very attractive to me ;)

Why thank you so much Ani Ta :D You totally flatter me…. :D

I really do not like my hair at all right now. As I told Suguru: "Regardless of the length of my hair, in my mind I will always have hair to my shoulders and a beard, this is who I am."

Hey, I though only bad-girls like long hair on men? ;)

flemeister
April 2nd, 2015, 02:45 AM

Almost waist! Now that's getting serious about it! I will need to check your pic. For me, I think I could do mid-back max…. You are so totally right about the beard LOL! If my "hair" looks like a girl's then GREAT….I just don't want to look like one….ROLF!
Mmm, not necessarily a bad look. If you've got moderately masculine facial features, there would be little to doubt anyway, other than the odd "should've gone to specsavers" moments. :) I wear my hair up for work in a lazy wrap bun, using a flexi-8, so in my mind the beard balances out the perceived femininity of the hair toy (in other peoples minds, I don't mind one little bit). *shrugs*

I mainly like the beard as an accent to long hair. They just go together well IMO.

My pics btw: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732&page=72&p=2964529&viewfull=1#post2964529

But I just really enjoy having a beard and feel naked and/or un-manly without it now.

Hehe, reminds me of this comic (obligatory warning, very minor swears within, for the morally uptight that may wish to click...): http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences5/beard

And yeah, it feels good having a beard. Not to mention no need to shave every day (just run clippers over it once in a while). :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 2nd, 2015, 02:59 AM
Okay folks. Behold the enigmatic T.O. :D

Some old pics from my early 30's without the beard (rare)….obviously, I need one :rolleyes: As I said in my intro, "Pretty" just does not look good on a man LOL!:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/U9NmsM.png

Hair from the back, note this was not my longest and yes, my natural color when long. Sorry for the silly "flex" shot but what the heck, some chicks may dig it :rolleyes: LOLOL

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/nYjTYj.png

Taken this morning after a terrible sleep with my ugly, uncontrollable short hair in a wild pile, but I'm 50 years old now so I'm lucky I still have hair:p
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/5XHKUf.jpg

Regards,

T.O.

If I may say so you do not look like a girl in any of your photos, T.O. In my opinion, both your long hair and your current very non - ugly hair and indeed, all those photos show a most attractive person. You could absolutely still grow your hair long again and look striking. You look striking regardless of hair. Ok now I'll go back into my corner.:)

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 03:07 AM
My pics btw: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732&page=72&p=2964529&viewfull=1#post2964529

Hehe, reminds me of this comic (obligatory warning, very minor swears within, for the morally uptight that may wish to click...): http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences5/beard

And yeah, it feels good having a beard. Not to mention no need to shave every day (just run clippers over it once in a while). :)

The cartoon is hilarious! Thanks, I needed the laugh ;) It does feel good having a beard….wifey doesn't like it but has found other uses for it if you understand what I'm driving at….

I don't have the privileges to see your pix yet….:mad:

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 03:24 AM
If I may say so you do not look like a girl in any of your photos, T.O. In my opinion, both your long hair and your current very non - ugly hair and indeed, all those photos show a most attractive person. You could absolutely still grow your hair long again and look striking. You look striking regardless of hair. Ok now I'll go back into my corner.:)

LOL! Thanks Saralabyrinth, you are too kind!

No, I know I didn't really look like a girl ;) I'm happy to be a "fine-featured" Scandinavian. It's pretty common actually, and I'm as manly as they come otherwise….. I just don't have the hard look like this star:

http://static.ladepeche.fr/content/media/image/zoom/2009/02/24/200902240906.jpg

Ani Ta
April 2nd, 2015, 04:24 AM
Hey, I though only bad-girls like long hair on men? ;)

Well, that depends on your definition of a bad girl ;) tell me and I tell you whether I am one or not.

MeAndTheMaz
April 2nd, 2015, 05:55 AM

The last picture of me without a beard, that I know of, is my high school yearbook picture. And that was back in '79. I did have a mustache, though.

And. . .no, you can't see it.

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 06:28 AM
Well, that depends on your definition of a bad girl ;) tell me and I tell you whether I am one or not.

The short answer is probably most of the girls I dated before marriage….

Now, your hair is SO long, romantic and beautiful it makes the girls with short hair jealous and a serious tease for married ex-rogues like me. Quite naughty of you to grow it all long like that… If you realized this before and did it anyway, I would say in this sense you qualify as a bad girl. ;)

….I'm just funning with you :D

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 06:32 AM
The last picture of me without a beard, that I know of, is my high school yearbook picture. And that was back in '79. I did have a mustache, though.

And. . .no, you can't see it.

LOL! That ROCKS! ;)

http://epicdpic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Epicdpic-5162876015d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e_700b.jp g

Ani Ta
April 2nd, 2015, 08:06 AM
*hihi* well done :) I guess I qualify for the bad girl when you add tattoos and my love for extreme metal music ;)

And nope, not all of the men in my past liked long hair. I even cut it short for one but instantly regretted and let it grow back since then :)

FuzzyBlackWaves
April 2nd, 2015, 08:07 AM
Into the flippy stage hehe. Looking good though. Happy growing! :)

My partner's hair is in this stage. I love the little flicks people get at this length :D

Arctic
April 2nd, 2015, 08:30 AM
I love the little flicks people get at this length :D

Me too :D (more characters = very quality post)

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 09:30 AM
*hihi* well done :) I guess I qualify for the bad girl when you add tattoos and my love for extreme metal music ;)

And nope, not all of the men in my past liked long hair. I even cut it short for one but instantly regretted and let it grow back since then :)

Tats and metal, yes you're in ;) Of course, not all tastes are the same and surely some men are not going to like long hair on girls….but I sure do. :D It's sad you cut your hair short for some guy, you must have been pretty crazy for him…..personally, I think that's really a drastic thing to ask girl to do. :(

truepeacenik
April 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
Ok, I lost an hour to The Oatmeal, and I have the grammar section on my home screen now.
Thanks?

Bad girls make their boys grow hair. Or cut it, or whatever they want.
Intelligent Wild Women (TM) seek the compatible.
I'm compatible with long hair more than short.

But, I have learned that why a man grows/keeps long hair is a factor.
Lazy? Nope. Creative self employed person? Yep.

Maz, I have to ask, did the stache make you resemble Sonny Bono in any way? Or just Mickey Hart?

Ani Ta
April 2nd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Tats and metal, yes you're in ;) Of course, not all tastes are the same and surely some men are not going to like long hair on girls….but I sure do. :D It's sad you cut your hair short for some guy, you must have been pretty crazy for him…..personally, I think that's really a drastic thing to ask girl to do. :(

Great, welcome to the dark side *harhar*

Yes, I was and no, he was not worth it. I'd never ever do that again.

thebacontree
April 2nd, 2015, 12:31 PM
So, little update of me (So sorry for the huge pics)

This is me around early august last year (this was before i joined LHC, it was dry,heat damaged etc, wonder why it even looked ok in this picture, and yes i have permission to post this from the person next to me)
http://i.imgur.com/qHQqbFi.jpg?1

Hair in my first decent braid :D
http://i.imgur.com/jKz81Lo.jpg

and some kinda length pic (well, with some fantasy type of braid in it, but still a pretty good length shot)

http://i.imgur.com/WhTYysp.jpg

Btw, im glad this thread got revived after being off my radar for some weeks :D

MeAndTheMaz
April 2nd, 2015, 02:33 PM
Ok, I lost an hour to The Oatmeal, and I have the grammar section on my home screen now.
Thanks?

Bad girls make their boys grow hair. Or cut it, or whatever they want.
Intelligent Wild Women (TM) seek the compatible.
I'm compatible with long hair more than short.

But, I have learned that why a man grows/keeps long hair is a factor.
Lazy? Nope. Creative self employed person? Yep.

Maz, I have to ask, did the stache make you resemble Sonny Bono in any way? Or just Mickey Hart?

More like a goofy teenager.

ETA: I don't think that we could ever be. One of the reasons I've been bearded all this time is that I'm just. too. lazy. to shave all the time. At this point, I don't think I'd know how.

I'm not even remotely creative, either.

I do have a job, though. Just sayin'.

Parisian Dozen
April 2nd, 2015, 04:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qHQqbFi.jpg?1

I approve of your Sabaton... oh yeah, your hair is awesome, too...

EdG
April 2nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
theoperative - I am also age 50. There are a few other older men here. Welcome! :)
Ed

theoperative
April 2nd, 2015, 09:52 PM
theoperative - I am also age 50. There are a few other older men here. Welcome! :)
Ed

Thanks EdG :D 50 is actually a great age, plus Brad Pitt has a year on us and Laird Hamilton is the same age. They don't seem to get too many complaints ROLF! I don't think it really hit me until I was surfing last year in some big waves and realized I was by far the oldest guy in the water!

Great, welcome to the dark side *harhar*

Yes, I was and no, he was not worth it. I'd never ever do that again.

When you think about it if one is truly in love, then why would he/she push the object of affection to change something major about themselves they really treasure?…..it's not like asking to put the toilet lid down ;)

Dark side, I like that ;)

truepeacenik
April 3rd, 2015, 12:06 AM
More like a goofy teenager.

ETA: I don't think that we could ever be. One of the reasons I've been bearded all this time is that I'm just. too. lazy. to shave all the time. At this point, I don't think I'd know how.

I'm not even remotely creative, either.

I do have a job, though. Just sayin'.

Beards are different because stubble sucks!

Ani Ta
April 3rd, 2015, 06:13 AM
When you think about it if one is truly in love, then why would he/she push the object of affection to change something major about themselves they really treasure?…..it's not like asking to put the toilet lid down ;)

Dark side, I like that ;)

Wise words! I was too young then with too little self-esteem. Today I say: take it or leave it :D

theoperative
April 3rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Wise words! I was too young then with too little self-esteem. Today I say: take it or leave it :D

Thanks. Hey, at least age has a couple advantages over youth :D I'm now wise enough to know how much I still don't know and confident enough that the most important opinion about me is my own…. Other than I just wake up everyday and say "Thank you Odin, I'm still here!" LOL If I think of anymore, I'll let you know…. :D