PDA

View Full Version : One year of growth

arcane
February 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Last January I ended up in the hospital and my damaged hair just became unmanageable So on February 15th I cut my waist length hair to above the shoulder. With two shorter pieces in the front because they were more damaged. Despite going through a massive shed where I lost 1.25" in thickness, and stalling from August through November (and this past month too, grr), I hit BSL last month and regained .75".

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z201/arcanefairy/58271c30-de2c-4255-bf68-066160ebc5dd.jpg

Sorry the pictures don't match. I took the first one just to have a base starting point, only took one, and didn't take another for a few months because it upset me so much. And sorry my mirror is "dirty" in the second one, there is dried paint and whatnot that will not come off it no matter what. I was at 17" after the cut and I'm sitting just shy of 24.5" as of today.

~honeyflower~
February 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I cant believe how much it grew over one year! Awesome!

Calaelen
February 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Congrats! That is a lot of progress. I've just lost a lot of thickness, and my ends are looking awful, after a 10 day hospital stay, crazy amounts of meds ect. I am going to have to cut at least a few inches, so this is heartening for me to see that this much progress is possible, a year after illness.

gnome82
February 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Congratulations, your hair looks lovely :)

jacqueline101
February 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Your hair looks lovely. It's grew quite well.

wishywashy
February 15th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Beautiful growth!

Sterlyn
February 16th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Wow you had a lot of growth in 1 year, and your hair looks lovely!:)

Anywhere
February 16th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Beautiful! Your hemline still looks so thick too.

GrowingGlory
February 16th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Your hair looks so much healthier, too. Congratulation on having made so much progress in just one year!

katiebeans
February 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Your hair looks beautful. That's great growth for one year.

Btw your mirror looks meticulously clean compared to mine :p

MaryO
February 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM
That's a lot of growth- congrats! :-)

lapushka
February 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Your hair grew a lot in a year, and it's amazing that you regained thickness so fast too. Congrats! :D :thumbsup:

Micayla47
February 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
your hair is beautiful, especially the color, and the waves, and the shine.... wait, it's all beautiful!

PixxieStix
February 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
That is a fantastic year of growth, good for you! You have very lovely locks. :)

Bonny
February 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Your hair is looking great! Healthy and thick, and the colour is very pretty!

SugarPlumDreams
February 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Wow! Incredible growth!

At first I was wondering if you were very petite because of how much it's grown in a year, but nope! you're one of the lucky ones! Congrats on thick, healthy, shiny 7.5" of growth! :)

arcane
February 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Thank you everyone! I'm blushing at all your lovely compliments.

Congrats! That is a lot of progress. I've just lost a lot of thickness, and my ends are looking awful, after a 10 day hospital stay, crazy amounts of meds ect. I am going to have to cut at least a few inches, so this is heartening for me to see that this much progress is possible, a year after illness.

I'm surprised how well it came back, I made the choice to just ignore it for awhile. I didn't measure my thickness, and after I bit I went benign neglect, just so I wasn't feeling so stressed out about my hair. Hard but looking back it was worth it.

Beautiful! Your hemline still looks so thick too.

I'm actually surprised at how well my hemline is holding up. I thought I'd trim on the 15th as well, but I decided against it for now.

Your hair looks beautful. That's great growth for one year.

Btw your mirror looks meticulously clean compared to mine :p

Thankfully my picture doesn't show the true cruddiness of the mirror. Sloppy painting and living with two boys makes it impossible to keep clean.

your hair is beautiful, especially the color, and the waves, and the shine.... wait, it's all beautiful!

Thank you. Most of the length is still dye, but it was to try to match my roots. Over the past year my shine has come back as well, I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Wow! Incredible growth!

At first I was wondering if you were very petite because of how much it's grown in a year, but nope! you're one of the lucky ones! Congrats on thick, healthy, shiny 7.5" of growth! :)

I am only 5'2", but it's my lower torso is more compact that my upper torso. APL to BSL seemed to take forever.

rowie
February 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Wow amzing growth! I love the color, volume, thickness, and texture of your hair. :love: Fabulous hair! Keep it up!

oktobergoud
February 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Woah that is amazing growth! Your hair looks really thick and healthy, congrats :D

melusine963
February 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, your hair grows fast! It's great that you've regained so much of your thickness, too. :)

iluvlovelylocks
February 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM
We, I am honestly jealous at how fast your hair grew. Fantastic results!!

iluvlovelylocks
February 17th, 2013, 09:05 PM
^^Oops, I meant to say "wow" not "we". Lol :)