PDA

View Full Version : Henna and Hair Dye

ssjhotau2
February 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I used Sun In, and Color Oops to bring my henna red to a yellow orange. I want to go back to something closer to my natural dark blond/light brown. I paid $100 to do just that at a salon and it didn't work.

Any suggestions on the best box brand of permanent dye to use over henna? I really don't want to be a "golden red" anymore :p

akilina
February 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Did you use color oops then go to the salon right after? Like..within a few days?

I highly recommend to you that you go to a beauty supply store like sallys, and have someone help you if you need it. Get a tube of permanent color, and 20 vol developer.

And I hate to say it, you will never get away from the red even if you do use permanent color. Ive covered it up with black demi dye probably 5 or 6 times now yet it still shines thru in the sun...

I was also going to ask, Why permanent? Im just curious...

alyaziaaah
February 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
check out the thread about "Ivory Soap", you might get some henna out in that way, i tried it, it works:cool:

Maelyssa
February 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM
The light brown shade will probably get better results than trying for a blond right now. Try going for a cool shade of light brown or dark blond first.
I've had success in the past with Revlon Colorsilk boxed dye over henna to achieve my natural light-medium brown. It wasn't perfect but so close that the roots growing in didn't bother me. My roots were a touch lighter and a bit golden. The dye over henna slightly darker and no highlights.
Oh it is a bit drying so loads of deep conditioning and leave ins afterward.