PDA

View Full Version : What length is your forehead/hairline?

Dreamkitty
February 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I know this is a odd topic but I always feel that my forehead is too small and trying all hairstyles to make my forehead larger. I love large foreheads and wish my hairline was further up and not so low.

From the middle of my eyebrows to my hairline, I get 2inches.

Just wondering what everyone else's forehead size is?

rowie
February 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
OMG I'd suggest you don't. My sister kept tying all of her hair back for many years (sleeked and pulled back tight for buns and braids), and when she reached ankle length she ended up with a really big forehead. I don't think she has recovered from this. I have to agree with some people in here to switch the position of your protective styles to alleviate stress points.

Dreamkitty
February 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hmm well I have a center part and someone once said to me that a side part with layers would look better on me and make my forehead appear bigger.

ravenheather
February 13th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I only get 2 1/2 inches and I always considered my forehead to be on the bigger side.

kitschy
February 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mine is 2 1/2." I've never thought of my forehead at all, so I would assume it is pretty typical.

MsBubbles
February 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I've got 2.5" also.

neko_kawaii
February 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM
2.5 to the tip of my widow's peak, 3 to the deepest part of my hairline.

Ahl
February 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Just over 3", and always considered myself as having a big forehead - seeing everyone else's numbers so far it appears I've been correct. :(

alyaziaaah
February 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
to my widow's peak a little less than 2.5 and to my deepest part of my hairline around 2.8

Teazel
February 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mine is 2 inches, but I've never really considered it to be abnormal. :shrug:

Naiadryade
February 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
2.5 inches. I'm seeing a trend. The grass is always greener, right?

silverthread
February 13th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I always thought my forehead was big also. It's 2-5/8". So, I thought, maybe it's not necessarily the size of the forehead, but how big the forehead is compared to the length of the face. So, I did the math. The length of my face is 7-1/2". 7-1/2" divided by 2-5/8" is 2-6/7, I believe. My face is 2-6/7 times as long as my forehead.

QMacrocarpa
February 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I've always thought my forehead was rather enormous, and I've got a 2-1/2 inch measurement at mid-eyebrow. My hairline does go further back on the sides though, enough that I would be quite self-conscious with my hair pulled straight back (I never wear it that way). I say don't worry about it! I spent years with my hair parted on what a fashion magazine article told me was the "correct" side for me (based on which of my eyes I "should" be emphasizing), but now that just seems silly and I regularly switch it up between both sides and the middle.

Whatever there is about your hair that you don't like, there's likely someone out there who wishes their hair did that!:blossom:

MaryMarx
February 14th, 2013, 08:22 AM
From the highest point of my eyebrow to my hairline - 2,16 inches.
I have a widows peak but I measured to the highest point of the hairline.
I think I have a normal sized forehead but that number looks so small!

Neneka
February 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mine is 2,8 inches. I have a high forehead. I have been very insecure about it but now I have grown out my bangs and I think I don't look like deformed like I thought before.

SnowWhite
February 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
2,75 inch... To the deepest part of my hairline, I think more than 3 inch :eek:
Mine is really high! I don't like it, I wish it was a little bit smaller... :(
But I don't worry too much about that anymore. Sometimes I bobby pin away my bangs and it looks fine with an updo. My forehead is still high but okay, so what?

YumiYume
February 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
[...] So, I thought, maybe it's not necessarily the size of the forehead, but how big the forehead is compared to the length of the face. [...]

agree!
mine is around 1.8 inch and my head is like 6.7 messured at the same place, and on me it looks "normal" because my head is like the size of a childs :P

hmm with your calculation my head is 3.7 times longer than my forehead could that be correct? maby mine is small then XD

henné
February 14th, 2013, 09:54 AM
My forehead is 2.4 from between my eyebrows up to my widow's peak, 2.6 on the left side (top of eyebrow to the hairline) and 2.75 on the right side. My forehead is average height to slightly high. I don't like to have my hair pulled back either. I do it from time to time, but not often at all. Most of the time, I have side-parted fringe that I sometimes wear loose, but mostly it's pinned to the side of my head, yet still covering some of my forehead.

Ligeia_13
February 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
3,3" :oops:

Magalo
February 14th, 2013, 11:48 AM
3". I have a gigantic forehead. :D

Charybdis
February 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
3" here. I've always considered my forehead big, but I'm cool with that. :thumbsup:

Apriori
February 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
2,1'' here. I've always considered mine to be normal but I guess these numbers really don't mean very much when you don't take into consideration the size of your head/face as well. I have have a small head/face - at least my mom has always told me so.

Achlys
February 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mine is 2.75" which is quite big on me as I have a small face. But I have always liked it. :o I wear my hair parted in the middle.
But my hairline is currently thinning on sides from malnutrition, I think. I'm trying to correct that.

Friesian Rider
February 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
2 inches here. Must be why my Granny always said "let your bangs grow out and tie them back, girl!" :D

Loveisaverb
February 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
2 inches also. heh always considered my forehead just average. :p

Kwantslonghair
February 15th, 2013, 04:17 AM
I could build a small city on my forehead. It's 3 in the center but its thinner on both sides so it looks huge. I wear it back anyway. I do wish those thin areas had more hair.

cobden 28
February 15th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Never measured my forehead, but I do have a high, broad forehead - the Roddam Family Forehead - that runs in my father's side of the family. After having long hair all the way round for years, I've recently had a fringe cut into my hair to hide the forehead.

Avatar photo shows what I mean; only had fringe done some two months ago and not yet got any photo's of it.

Neneka
February 15th, 2013, 05:43 AM
I don't really know anything about this but was high forehead considered beautiful at some point in Middle Age? I have heard that women even plucked their hairs out to make their forehead larger? Google shows very interesting pictures about them.

Tisiloves
February 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
3", and I have really deep recession points.

jojo
February 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I have a long face and a forehead the size of a projector screen LOL! 3" from widows peak to eyebrow!

yoni
February 15th, 2013, 06:42 AM
about 1.5 inches.

DMARTINEZ
February 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I have a long face and a forehead the size of a projector screen LOL! 3" from widows peak to eyebrow!

Jojo! LOLOL!! your lovely!!!

DMARTINEZ
February 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I think ive beat you all with 3 and 1/4 from mid eybrow to hairline...:( Sheesh,,i guess i need bangs after all,but i hate them. Shoot!

Deb

Magalo
February 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I wish I had a shorter forehead, so if I pull my hair back I look like this:

http://www.loveumadly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ponytail-jessica-alba-.jpg

Instead of this :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Alien_vs._Predator_(2004)_-_Alien.jpg

Ligeia_13
February 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I think ive beat you all with 3 and 1/4 from mid eybrow to hairline...:( Sheesh,,i guess i need bangs after all,but i hate them. Shoot!

Deb

I think you and I are probably tied for first place :D Maybe mine is slightly smaller? I'm terrible with numbers.

Majala
February 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mine is 3 inches. And it's bulging. As a child I hated it and always had bangs, but now I like to show it. People think I'm cleverer than I really am, hehe.

MaryO
February 16th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Mine is also 2,5. This is very interesting because I've never wondered about my forehead (or anyone else's) and I'm actually average sized! ;-)

mamaherrera
April 17th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Mine is like so many of you have said, it measures different on each side, on the left side it measures the farthest back 2.7 and then I have a recession point that drives me nuts, but just on that side. so one side of my hairline forms a V, and the other has a cowlick and comes down to form a normal U, without the little sideways V on the temple. I hate it so I usually wear bangs. the problem is that when I do pin it up to exercise, I scare myself. So i guess I should pin it up more often to not forget what I look like up there!! I was never self-conscious, nor did I ever have bangs, until my husband (after we got married) started making fun of my "big" forehead and he was the one who motivated me to get bangs.

Redvelvetdragon
April 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Mine is about 2 inches, maybe a smidge shorter. I usually wear bangs to hide that I have a bit of a shorter forehead.

eadwine
April 17th, 2014, 12:22 PM
2.25" Yay I'm average :)

Weewah
April 17th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I consider my forehead to be big but I'm only getting between 2-2.5 inches depending where I measure from.:confused: Maybe I just have a small head or something.

dollyfish
April 17th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Mine's 2 inches as well!! Well, now I feel better about my "threehead." It seems 2" is more normal than I thought... :)

Lady Mary
April 17th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Mine is 3 inches if I measure at my widow's peak. It's 3.5 on the sides (ugh yeah.) Which is why I have fringe.

Aderyn
April 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Mine is 2.75 inches. My head isn't small, but I do think my forehead is a bit on the larger side.

divinedobbie
April 17th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Mine is 2" to the middle and just under 2.25" on the sides. And I always thought I had a huge forehead!!

WagonX
April 17th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I'm not measuring exactly here (mostly because I don't want to get up from the couch, haha), but my forehead is somewhere between 3" and 3.5"! I never thought of myself as having a huge forehead, go figure.

diddiedaisy
April 18th, 2014, 06:30 AM
I've got a low forehead too. 1.5 inches!!!!!!!

2 inches......that just makes me jealous lol

Hence I am doomed to forever have a fringe.

tuanyiji
November 8th, 2022, 09:43 PM
I'm about 2 inches, I only need three fingers to cover from my eyebrow to my widow's peak, and another half a finger to cover both sides to the highest point, and I love this width, I never have fringes or bangs growing up, my mom made us wear high ponytails throughout school years, I'm lucky to have this hairline now.
I used to have a mickey mouse forehead while I was helping my dad treat cancer. Now my baby hairs are slowly growing back and I'll baby them at all cost, including never pull on my hairline when doing any hairstyles.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1001725273378668557/1039809451059855370/IMG_3989.png
Higher Deification close-ups on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cku382hrHej/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

WednesdayAddams
November 9th, 2022, 11:23 AM
I haven't measured but they're about an inch and a half and I always have them no matter how long the rest of my hair is. I like them, I think they're cute.

cherrymerry
December 4th, 2022, 02:03 PM
mine is 5 cm. Back in school somone asked me why my forehead was so small and I didn't know what to say :shrug: I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary

SandyBottom
December 5th, 2022, 05:04 PM
I haven't measured but they're about an inch and a half and I always have them no matter how long the rest of my hair is. I like them, I think they're cute.

Love the username you chose! Mine measures about 2" from the top of my brows. I wonder if we should measure from the top of the bridge of our noses

fairy_hair
December 5th, 2022, 11:54 PM
OMG I'd suggest you don't. My sister kept tying all of her hair back for many years (sleeked and pulled back tight for buns and braids), and when she reached ankle length she ended up with a really big forehead. I don't think she has recovered from this. I have to agree with some people in here to switch the position of your protective styles to alleviate stress points.

I second this - it's always better to start with a small forehead as over time, from nutrient deficiencies or tight hairstyles, your hairline can recede. I used to dislike my far forward hairline too, but since low iron made it recede and thin at the front, I'm much happier to regain my smaller forehead thank you very much :D Big forehead is not always from receding hair by the way, but can be. It's also nice to have a little bit of hair showing at the front when your hair is up, which you miss out on if your forehead goes all the way up!