PDA

View Full Version : let's give encouraging words for growing hair

jojo
August 26th, 2008, 12:24 PM
O.K. we all know the frustrations, the bad days which make us feel like reaching for the scissors so I thought it would be encouraging to have a thread, which when these days strike we can read some words which spur us on!

Heres mine; although I still have a long way to go, my hair will never be as short as this again and by the end of the month I shall be 1/2" (hopefully!) nearer to my goal!

Chromis
August 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Honestly I have never felt like chopping off my hair but I would say the key word is patience. The hair will grow.

Alaskanheart
August 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Good idea JoJo.

What encourages me as I reach my 1 year mark from my last chop, is this; Ive grown from a few inches above my shoulders to just a little above my Bra Strap in a year that went by very very fast.Next year will come just as fast, and if I have as much success as I did this year I will be just a few inches above waist.

Amara
August 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM
There are cool, cute things to do with each length, so enjoy them all!

lora410
August 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Your hair hates being ignored, so when you ignore it it grows tons faster to get your attention (so I have learned) ;)

plainjanegirl
August 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Skip measuring your hair for a month or two for a nice surprise!
Bun or braid 100 % of the time for a few weeks and then when you have a down day it will feel alot longer ( and probably will be a bit).

P.S. What a great idea for a thread.

thunderlilies
August 26th, 2008, 02:39 PM
lora410 -> I agree!!! Well put - :lol:

lora410
August 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
lora410 -> I agree!!! Well put - :lol:

The lady at work here with short hair (desperately wants long hair) who bleaches the crap out of her hair goes to me "you know I read online if you keep your hair up alot it will grow" I said, well you see me with mine up don't yeah? she goes yeah and yours grows fast..lol...yeah, like I haven't been telling her this the whole time or anything.That and to lay off the bleach on the whole head:rolleyes:

chrissy-b
August 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM
For the rough times: This too shall pass...

-or-

Hair too shall grow...

(think I had too much cheese for lunch:D)

walkinglady
August 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Put it up every morning, take it down every night! Before you know it you've got several more inches. That's encouragement for me! My Great Grandma did this her whole life! Had beyond the butt beautiful silver hair!

memee1978
August 26th, 2008, 04:18 PM
i just want to grow,grow,grow!!!!

xrosiex
August 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I try to love every stage of my growth. My hair doesnt grow fast enough but it does keep growing:).

jojo
August 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
some great words of encouragement.

Keep them coming.

zen_oven
August 26th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to say that all of you ladies are gorgeous whatever your length. We just need to keep on keepin' on and we'll all get there!

Curlsgirl
August 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
That is REALLY hard for me today BUT I would say the better you are to your hair the better it will be to you. Also, Shell told me once that if you are discouraged and can't get it to look good to "put it up and forget about it". :poot: