PDA

View Full Version : How many more inches til hip?

nikkidondon
February 11th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hi guys,
I think im JUST at waist but since I have a long torso this is kind of hard to determine...what do you think? How many more inches to hip?;)

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=d6b8f49fa6&view=att&th=13ccc3c22d61bdc5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hd2fn18w0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8vT-z9JXTpoQcIc2DDMLKZ&sadet=1360636184923&sads=yA_G7mjPBtYTrNpIjLSBHB8LtEA

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
You have to host your photo on a website like photobucket or tinyurl if you want us to see it!

nikkidondon
February 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
You have to host your photo on a website like photobucket or tinyurl if you want us to see it!

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a587/nikkidondon/130211-205356_zps3a77f167.jpg

ahhh sorry! im new ahah

akilina
February 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Oh no cant see the picture..
I don't mean to sound rude but there is really no way to tell even in photos. Do you have a measuring tape? Or just a string you could use then measure it when you are done?
I think that most of us measure from the front hair line, all the way down to the length. Your best bet would be to measure just like that, then extend your measuring tape down to your hip to see for yourself.

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yep it's hard to tell. My hips (hipbones) are 4 inches away from my waist and I have a short torso, if that help. Yours may be 5-7 inches if you're tall.

Freckled.Thing
February 11th, 2013, 08:02 PM
It's hard to tell since the picture quality isn't very good but I'd say it looks like your longest ends are at waist now. Definitely a few more inches to go until you reach hip.

nikkidondon
February 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks for answering everyone! I got out the tape measure and it seems like I'm about 4-5 inches to go until hip *sigh* but I've been taking gnc ultra nourish hair vitamins everyday so hopefully it'll speed up my growth...

jacqueline101
February 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
If its only four or five inches away you should be there soon I'd do the benign neglect wear it up and forget it.

Wildcat Diva
February 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'd wear it down some and enjoy it! I'd love to be at waist. Enjoy your journey. You'll be there by the end of the year, surely. I figure normal growth is about six inches a year, but you have to think about your waves. I would wager that you would lose an inch off your year's growth due to waves.

nikkidondon
February 11th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I'd wear it down some and enjoy it! I'd love to be at waist. Enjoy your journey. You'll be there by the end of the year, surely. I figure normal growth is about six inches a year, but you have to think about your waves. I would wager that you would lose an inch off your year's growth due to waves.

Thanks so much you made me feel a lot less anxious about the whole process :] I am very impatient I hope these vitamins help my growth speed. It is much harder because my hair is so wavy.

Wildcat Diva
February 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Awww, I'm glad you feel a bit better. Do what you can to try to take care of it and grow it, but really just try to enjoy your hair. It's pretty. I make a point of trying to enjoy it down on wash day, and maybe the day after, because I have wavy hair too. Then for the next few days I focus on updos where the length or lack thereof isn't noticable. So I learn to love my hair down, and up too! That passes the time it's going to take to grow. I'd love to get to waist, and you are already there! Amazing!

nikkidondon
February 11th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Awww, I'm glad you feel a bit better. Do what you can to try to take care of it and grow it, but really just try to enjoy your hair. It's pretty. I make a point of trying to enjoy it down on wash day, and maybe the day after, because I have wavy hair too. Then for the next few days I focus on updos where the length or lack thereof isn't noticable. So I learn to love my hair down, and up too! That passes the time it's going to take to grow. I'd love to get to waist, and you are already there! Amazing!

So sweet thank you so much! I'm sure your hair is beautiful too! I'm learning to wear it down more to just give it a rest from tight updos every once in a while :] Thanks for the support!