PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Short wooden hair sticks/fork

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hi! I currently do my bun with an old oil paintbrush so I really need something cuter!

I'm looking for a short (tiny bun is tiny) hair stick and/or a 2-3 prongs fork. I love red-toned and dark wood. (bloodwood, ebony, cocobolo, chechen, tiger ebony, amboyna burl!)

Show me what you got, especially if it's under 20$! :D

(I'm in Canada btw!)

ratgirldjh
February 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I have a 2 prong wooden fork that i think is 4" long. is that too long? it is very smooth (i think olive wood) and pretty.

For some reason i've never gotten down using forks!

If you think this might work PM me and I'll send you a pic :)

Amapola
February 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I've got a set of mini forks. Original listing: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/66041461 I just barely got them but they do not work with my hair... :( However they are more than $20. I just paid $40.00 (that included shipping) and I can sell them to you for the same... or to anyone else who is interested.

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I have a 2 prong wooden fork that i think is 4" long. is that too long? it is very smooth (i think olive wood) and pretty.

For some reason i've never gotten down using forks!

If you think this might work PM me and I'll send you a pic :)

I wish I COULD pm you! :p Give me a bit of time so I can post a bit more haha.

I've got a set of mini forks. Original listing: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/66041461 I just barely got them but they do not work with my hair... :( However they are more than $20. I just paid $40.00 (that included shipping) and I can sell them to you for the same... or to anyone else who is interested.

I'm not looking for a pair and it's too light (the wood color) for my liking but thank you! :) I hope you'll sell them soon.

ratgirldjh
February 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Actually the prongs are 4" and the end is a little less than an inch. It works for my shoulder length hair but like I said I never got the hang of wearing forks. :shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/je8xFcP.jpg

sapphire-o
February 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I've got a reddish fork that I never use. I'm sure the prongs are a bit longer than 4", but it's too short for me. If you're growing won't you eventually grow into it? :) I also have some 5" long padauk sticks (those are orange red) if that's short enough for you. Let me know if you want pictures.

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Actually the prongs are 4" and the end is a little less than an inch. It works for my shoulder length hair but like I said I never got the hang of wearing forks. :shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/je8xFcP.jpg

The wood is very pretty! I love olivewood. I don't know if you have the urge to sell it, but I'll wait a bit to see if I find something I like better, if not I'll pm you in a couple days. :)

I've got a reddish fork that I never use. I'm sure the prongs are a bit longer than 4", but it's too short for me. If you're growing won't you eventually grow into it? :) I also have some 5" long padauk sticks (those are orange red) if that's short enough for you. Let me know if you want pictures.

Sure! I'll *try* to pm you. :p

Magalo
February 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Actually I still can't (and I can't edit my posts! I'm a compulsive editer, it's so annoying!) but you can email me at magalie.germain@gmail.com if you prefer. :)

EDIT: I just leveled up apparently!

BlazingHeart
February 11th, 2013, 10:19 PM
So this is all plus shipping, which I'd have to get the rates for but I think has become rather dear from the US, where I am.

I have a lovely pink ivory fork, so a deep warm pink but not the deep red of say redheart, but it'd be a bit more expensive than what you mentioned - I think about $35, but it's a Baerreis, so it's a good solid fork that will last you a long time if you treat it nicely. I think they called it a 4" functional length, but it's really more like 3 3/4, in the Finny style.

I have a pair of 6" sticks that I suspect are cedar, and a single 6" stick of cocobolo - maybe $12 for the pair and $8 for the single.

A pair with a warm, red stain topped with pink lampwork beads, say $18 for the pair.

I also have some dark wood (sono, aka Indian Rosewood) forks, inexpensive and slender items that aren't short but could easily be shortened (currently about 5" functional length, so they are not really long anyway). I'd be happy with $10 for one, or a bit less for both.

I have a black stained fork with 7 tines, swirly inlaid metal design, FP is just over 3.5". $10

In other colors, I have 2 different colored green sticks that measure 6" - one is a spring green, the other is spruce green (mediumly dark, kind of blueish). $6 for either one.

If you have any interest in non-wooden items, I have a little bone fork that is rather pretty, functional length of about 3.75". $10 would be fine for that.

If you're interested in any of that, drop me a PM. I'm also happy to take pictures if anything sounds like it's up your alley. I may not be as fast as I'd like to respond, as I'm a bit sick and in the midst of trying to catch up with things.

~Kali