PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's hair this mismatched?

silverthread
February 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2572&d=1360614865

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2573&d=1360614873

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2574&d=1360614876

It's my hair, and I love, but, sheesh! What a hodgepodge!
Top pic is left side; middle pic is left side underneath; bottom pic is right side.

neko_kawaii
February 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Yep, looks quite like my hair at that length. At my current length (hip) the curls are stretched out to waves except for the short nape hairs which make pretty little curls if left to dry untouched and not weighed down by their longer neighbors.

silverthread
February 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Yep, looks quite like my hair at that length. At my current length (hip) the curls are stretched out to waves except for the short nape hairs which make pretty little curls if left to dry untouched and not weighed down by their longer neighbors.

Hey, neko_kawaii. Your hair texture looks like a fairly consistent 2b. Hopefully mine will do that by the time it hits BSL.

neko_kawaii
February 11th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I loved my undercoat of curls when I was around shoulder length. I found that while still damp if I twisted the bit that would otherwise be tucked behind my ears and pinned it up a little with a barrette that it looked consistently curly from the front.

furnival
February 11th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mine's 1a at the front, 1b all over the canopy and 2c ringlets underneath. It seems to have become more pronounced with length! Wish it was all curly :(

spidermom
February 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Yes, I have crazy mixed up hair, too.

silverthread
February 11th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mine's 1a at the front, 1b all over the canopy and 2c ringlets underneath. It seems to have become more pronounced with length! Wish it was all curly :(

Maybe it's that our hair is similar to us ... not wanting to be boxed in or categorized.:joy: Hurry up and open your hairtoy store. I'm dying to get my hands on one of those antler hair forks.

furnival
February 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Maybe it's that our hair is similar to us ... not wanting to be boxed in or categorized.:joy: Hurry up and open your hairtoy store. I'm dying to get my hands on one of those antler hair forks.

Hee hee... Hopefully next month :)

jacqueline101
February 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Yes mine has a curly undercoat.

katiebeans
February 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
My hair lacks any real wave or curl at WL right now, but looked very similar to yours at shoulder-length.

Tomoyo
February 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
If I let my hair dry naturally, it is stick-straight at the back, and curls at the sides!

dwell_in_safety
February 11th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I have hair like that as well. The longer it gets, the more regular and defined my waves become, in general. Which is weird. I don't think it works that way for most; most lose their waves/curls the longer their hair gets, at least marginally. At my current length, if left alone my hair's a very consistent 2b (but it almost never appears it, because I wear it up every day).

Mesmerise
February 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Mine is the same! I'm glad I'm not the only one as it always drove me nuts! I thought I had the weirdest hair in the world, but I guess that's not the case :D.

MaryMarx
February 12th, 2013, 05:18 AM
My hair looks a lot like yours! You're not alone.

Coolcombination
February 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
My hair is totally non-conformist, my fringe is 1b, the underlayer and canopy is 2b apart from the last 4" which is 2c/3a. If I let it dry loose it becomes mostly 2c/3a but after brushing it, it can become as straight as 1c! My hair type is 2lol!

silverthread
February 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM
My hair is totally non-conformist, my fringe is 1b, the underlayer and canopy is 2b apart from the last 4" which is 2c/3a. If I let it dry loose it becomes mostly 2c/3a but after brushing it, it can become as straight as 1c! My hair type is 2lol!

Coolcombination, I like the "2lol". Your hair sounds much more nonconformist than mine is. Do you just let it be, or do something special to make the waves more uniform?

Sarahlabyrinth
February 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Yours is just like mine, lol!

agoddess2die4
February 13th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Yes! not so much now that it's long, unlayered, and henna'ed (henna'd? Can I use henna as a verb?). Even though my hair has lost a lot of it's wave/curl/variety, I still have hints of it. When it was shorter and layered my hair was slight overall wave for most of it, solid wave/curl underneath, almost spiral in the front layers, and baby fine, short hair at temples that would alternate between fuzz and corkscrew curls at will (usually fuzz though). Now it's overall faint wave with some more distinct wave underneath and in front (and still baby frizz at temples, but it lays down more now).

The longer it got, and the more I grew out my layers, the less definition I had to any waves or curls I had. Then it was just kind of fluffy because most of the hair needed to be brushed to look presentable, but there was enough waves, especially in parts of it, that it made things poof up a lot. After I put henna/cassia mix in my hair the first time a few weeks ago it got a lot sleeker. I love curls, but I'm kind of glad that the henna smoothed out a lot of it because I couldn't keep going unbrushed after my showers because it was straight enough to show that it was unbrushed, but wavy enough to poof if I brushed it. Plus my hair is fine so it already likes to float around at random. lol.

Luminaria
February 15th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Yes. I have many hair types on my head. My fine straight/wavy undercoat contrasts with my curly hair.

silverthread
February 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Yes! not so much now that it's long, unlayered, and henna'ed (henna'd? Can I use henna as a verb?). Even though my hair has lost a lot of it's wave/curl/variety, I still have hints of it. When it was shorter and layered my hair was slight overall wave for most of it, solid wave/curl underneath, almost spiral in the front layers, and baby fine, short hair at temples that would alternate between fuzz and corkscrew curls at will (usually fuzz though). Now it's overall faint wave with some more distinct wave underneath and in front (and still baby frizz at temples, but it lays down more now).

The longer it got, and the more I grew out my layers, the less definition I had to any waves or curls I had. Then it was just kind of fluffy because most of the hair needed to be brushed to look presentable, but there was enough waves, especially in parts of it, that it made things poof up a lot. After I put henna/cassia mix in my hair the first time a few weeks ago it got a lot sleeker. I love curls, but I'm kind of glad that the henna smoothed out a lot of it because I couldn't keep going unbrushed after my showers because it was straight enough to show that it was unbrushed, but wavy enough to poof if I brushed it. Plus my hair is fine so it already likes to float around at random. lol.

Your hair sounds a lot like mine. It's floaty, not swingy. It ranges from 1b to 2c. That's why my profile says 2a/2b, it's sort of a middle-ground for me. If I don't brush my hair, it looks messy. If I brush it, it poofs. I prefer poof over a scraggly look, though. It took me years to grow out my silver hair, and I don't want to cover it up now, so Henna is out of the question for me. Hopefully, my waves will even out as it gets longer as well. I don't really care whether it decides to get straighter or wavier, I just want some consistency.