PDA

View Full Version : The most awesome heart braid I have ever seen

PrincessIdril
February 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
So I was browsing youtube and looking for a cute heart themed hairstyle that I might possibly be able to do myself I stumbled upon this gem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJdljXI9gXc

This is the most amazing heart braid I have ever seen! I lack the necessary skills to do it myself but is anyone here feeling up to the challenge? Since the tutorial uses a styling head I'd love to see this done with real hair!

melusine963
February 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Wow! :thud: This style must be just about impossible to achieve without help, unfortunately.

Fyral
February 11th, 2013, 09:56 AM
not sure exactly what a heart braid is, but watching the video it seems to be quite similar to the completely awesome braid that a friend of mine posted yesterday.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/285238_477943742259458_164009243_n.jpg

PrincessIdril
February 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Heart braids are just hairstyles in which normal braids are shaped to look like hearts, there are so really adorable tutorials on youtube.

:thud: Fyral that is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen

Kwantslonghair
February 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Wow. That is really cute. I am not that skilled.

Seeshami
February 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Maybe because I am over enthusiastic or just that I think lace braids are the easiest braid of all, it doesn't look that hard. However, when we attempt it with The Naughty Mess I highly doubt my heart will not droop. My hair is heavy.

teal
February 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
not sure exactly what a heart braid is, but watching the video it seems to be quite similar to the completely awesome braid that a friend of mine posted yesterday.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/285238_477943742259458_164009243_n.jpg

Wow, this looks gorgeous! I wish my hair were thick enough to do this without the part being left free looking, well, stringy.

teal
February 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Double post! :o My first double post ever... dubious pleasure?

Mya
February 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Cool! Thank you!

jacqueline101
February 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
That's beautiful.

Dziip
February 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Fyral, gorgeous hairstyle and hair. Like teal, I wish I could do it and look so great

PrincessIdrill, thank you SO much! I'm in awe. This is a way to braid I never thaught of and I love it so much !!!

katiebeans
February 11th, 2013, 06:45 PM
This heart braid is really pretty. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I don't think I have the skill to try it out on myself, but it looks easy enough to do with someone else's hair. Maybe I can find myself a volunteer who would let me try it out :)

Rivanariko
February 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM
It doesn't look too complicated skill wise, but I think that doing it on yourself would be difficult, particularly the "shaping the heart" part at the end. Unless you have double mirrors set up so that you can see the back of your head while you're doing that, I don't know how well you'd be able to make sure the heart is shaped evenly. Definitely good to do on someone else though! Very cute style! I've never seen something like that before.

Seeshami
February 12th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Not a thick hair friendly braid. That or you have to use product. Both times I have tried it I have had to pin the 3d heart up and there is no way I can roll my braids under it. I am trying to dream up a long thick version though.