PDA

View Full Version : Evening Primrose Oil?

TazM
February 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I have ended up with a big jar of Evening Primrose Oil and did some research on it and discovered that people use it to treat thinning hair and even to encourage quicker growth, I wondered if anyone has tried or is using this and has found it to make a difference?

millyaulait
February 10th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I used EPO for months (menstrual reasons) but it didn't affect my hair at all. :(

renia22
February 10th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I also have used it quite consistently, internally, for PMS/ menstrual issues, but did not notice an increase in hair growth or anything like that.

TazM
February 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks for that, I won't get my hopes up about it :)

ladyfey
February 11th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I take a blend of it every day, Barlean's women's blend. it is flaxseed and epo mixed. I think it really helped me. I just take a spoonful a day, I thought I was seeing increased hairloss and i am 41, so I worried about perimenopause. I started on the oil blend and some black cohash also taken internally. I no longer take the black cohash, but will continue with the oil.

Lyv
February 11th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I've been taking it for about 6 months for 'that time' and for my hormonal acne and it's helped my hair. It doesn't make my hair grow any faster I just got a ton of new (incredibly frustrating) baby hairs all over the place.

Ligeia_13
February 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure it's entirely related to my EPO intake, but around a month after I started, my hair started shedding a whole lot less than it has been for the past 8 months.

jacqueline101
February 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I've heard of the perfume by that name it's lovely

Naiadryade
February 12th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Okay, now I'm going to go read up on this stuff... I yell and/or cry at the drop of a dime for a couple days before my period, and it would be nice not to have that. If it makes new hairs grow, all the better!