PDA

View Full Version : New Heatless Curls!

PossibleMermaid
February 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I feel like I haven't been around much in the past few weeks! :( Anyway, I found this GREAT video of DIY sponge curlers. The girl is super cute and explains things really well, I absolutely love all her DIY tutorials. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_936047&feature=iv&src_vid=aOqjjR68zts&v=3WJcd2DlQGE

jacqueline101
February 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Looks fun to try.

Mrsbaybeegurl
February 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I soooo want to try this! Too bad I don't have this stuff laying around because I'de stop my boredom today by making them haha. Unfortunately it will have to wait til I can head to my dollar store and craft store.

katiebeans
February 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
What a nifty idea :) Great results, too. I think I'm a little too lazy to try it out myself though. I'll stick with store-brought foam rollers lol.

littlestarface
February 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I feel like I haven't been around much in the past few weeks! :( Anyway, I found this GREAT video of DIY sponge curlers. The girl is super cute and explains things really well, I absolutely love all her DIY tutorials. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_936047&feature=iv&src_vid=aOqjjR68zts&v=3WJcd2DlQGE

Too much work!

Mandie
February 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
This is brilliant! I might have to try it out. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of work to me. Cut some sponges, cut some elastic, do some hot gluin'... I am the hot glue queen, though, so others might not use it as readily as me. XD The only thing that makes me hesitate is that hot glue is really lousy at being flexible so I'm wondering how long the sponges will be good for before the hot glue starts to give out.

Mrsbaybeegurl
February 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
You know, I've been thinking of this since watching the video...I wonder if cutting sponges in half and just wrapping hair around it securing with a small-medium clamshell/claw clip might take all the glue gun work out of this???

Gillian
February 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
way too much work for me but it inspired me to make t-shirt rollers. sitting with a few in my hair now :)

kidari
February 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
way too much work for me but it inspired me to make t-shirt rollers. sitting with a few in my hair now :)

It's a great idea but I also agree. I made my own improved form of rag rollers by purchasing craft foam paper and cutting them into strips. I fold it in half and roll just like a rag curl and tie the ends to secure. The firmness really helps make it easier and faster to roll the hair up and the foam fabric probably doesn't have moisture-sucking properties of cotton fabrics. Plus my straight hair doesn't hold big loose curls the longer it gets; I need tight ringlets and then just let those drop over time.

monika
February 10th, 2013, 12:13 AM
looks great