PDA

View Full Version : Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133

Simpscone
April 30th, 2019, 05:03 AM
Thank you!

Unfortunately it only works for me because my hair is crazy soft and compresses about twice it's size when i put it up.
It's rather slippery too so most of the time i bun it damp and fasten with small hair pins.

As for the technique, i just watch YT tutorials like everyone else. :)

Thank you for letting me know! I definitely need to give it another go, but I think my hair will need to be much longer to do buns with just a stick!

Ligeia Noire
April 30th, 2019, 06:10 AM
That is one gorgeous braid! I love that dress :)

That's one perfect braid, Ligeia! And the dress is pretty nice too :)

WOW! What a beautifully neat and elegant braid.

I love your hairtoy Stray! Do you have any tips for doing buns at this length? I'm not sure it's possible for my hair thickness, but your buns are always so lovely and I'm in awe at how you do them at APL :)

Thanks to all :)

lapushka
April 30th, 2019, 06:51 AM
Gorgeous braid, Ligeia! :inlove:

Stray, wow look at that flexi & cute little side-braid! :D

Guitargod
April 30th, 2019, 07:29 AM
https://i.ibb.co/7Gs6WH1/IMG-20190430-110723.jpg
After more than a year of dropping the pony tail in favor of a hair stick the damage from the hair band has now traveled down well below the shoulders.
The ends could use a good trim but it's going to have to wait.
Thanks LHC for inspiration :)

Stray_mind
April 30th, 2019, 07:47 AM
Gorgeous braid, Ligeia! :inlove:

Stray, wow look at that flexi & cute little side-braid! :D

After more than a year of dropping the pony tail in favor of a hair stick the damage from the hair band has now traveled down well below the shoulders.

Your hair looks awesome!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 30th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Super hair, Guitargod! Do you wear it down often?

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 08:06 AM
https://i.ibb.co/gWWnphT/dutch2.jpg

I'm kinda digging the two-tone look in this style.

Guitargod
April 30th, 2019, 08:14 AM
Super hair, Guitargod! Do you wear it down often?

Yeah I do wear it down from time to time. I think it's good to let it get some air regularly. Still I get much less damage now than I used to get wearing a ponytail 24/7 :)

lapushka
April 30th, 2019, 08:14 AM

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Stray_mind
April 30th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Oh so pretty :crush:.

AmaryllisRed
April 30th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Ylva, that's gorgeous! Did you do it yourself?

blackgothicdoll
April 30th, 2019, 08:32 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing, it's definitely helpful to see the true difference between using a hair band and a hair stick... I never would've thought. Your hair still looks incredible but that thickness is going to be jaw-dropping once it travels down completely!

-Fern
April 30th, 2019, 08:43 AM

:thud: Your hair is incredible!! And great progress!

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Awesome! :thumbsup:

Oh so pretty :crush:.

Thanks so much, guys! :)

Ylva, that's gorgeous! Did you do it yourself?

Thank you so much! I wish :laugh: I had a hairdresser appointment today (just Olaplex and a scalp treatment), so it's my hairdresser's doing.

ETA: Oh and Guitargod, so cool to see the thickness travelling down to clearly. :)

Simpscone
April 30th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Guitargod it's amazing seeing the thickness travel down from something as seemingly simple as stopping ponytails! Thank you for sharing, your hair looks incredible!

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Your hair is amazing! :thud:

Beautiful Ylva you have the best hair iv'e seen and trust me iv'e seen the worst bleach jobs but your hair is so pretty.

SwordWomanRiona
April 30th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Thank you my Dear Groovy Granny, you gave me the cue to spam the thread with a photo from this morning before putting my braid up, freshly washed yesterday.

:thud:Ten characters

Groovy Granny
April 30th, 2019, 12:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VlTvMqr.jpg
Today's hair style. I think this is my go to one these days. So comfy.
Very pretty :)

Impressive ~ both of you :thumbsup:

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Beautiful Ylva you have the best hair iv'e seen and trust me iv'e seen the worst bleach jobs but your hair is so pretty.

Thank you so much for that awesome compliment :heartbeat

:thud:

:heartbeat

Impressive ~ both of you :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly! :)

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Okay its still knee *phew*
https://i.imgur.com/OPisMaq.jpg

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 12:47 PM

Gorgeous shiny hair!

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Gorgeous shiny hair!

Think I should go shorter? DOes it look thin?

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Think I should go shorter? DOes it look thin?

It doesn't look thin. I think it's gorgeous as it is but of course you have a bunch to spare, so maybe it would be a nice change for a little while to have a bit less hair. It'll be back in no time. But of course I don't want to pressure you into anything!

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 12:54 PM
It doesn't look thin. I think it's gorgeous as it is but of course you have a bunch to spare, so maybe it would be a nice change for a little while to have a bit less hair. It'll be back in no time. But of course I don't want to pressure you into anything!

Ah noo its cool, I just don't want my ends looking stingy thin that's why I cut. I can't wait to see how it looks after my hair wash since this is super oiled hair.

BerrySara
April 30th, 2019, 12:59 PM
littlestarface you have such beautiful hair, its always so impressive to me! You do not have stringy thin ends, your ends are lovely!

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 01:01 PM
littlestarface you have such beautiful hair, its always so impressive to me! You do not have stringy thin ends, your ends are lovely!

Thank you darlin so much!

teeks
April 30th, 2019, 01:04 PM
littlestarface: super pretty not stringy hair. Looking forward to washed pic :)

Aerya
April 30th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Ah noo its cool, I just don't want my ends looking stingy thin that's why I cut. I can't wait to see how it looks after my hair wash since this is super oiled hair.

They don't look stringy thin at all! It looks amazing. That shine is divine! :flower:

MusicalSpoons
April 30th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Still utterly beautiful, littlestarface! :thud: Could it be that perhaps part of feeling the ends are thin is because of the clumping? but that = healthy wurls! Certainly not stringy *at all*.

I wish you could see your hair how we see it :flowers:

AmaryllisRed
April 30th, 2019, 03:12 PM
I think it looks terrific, littlestarface!

blackgothicdoll
April 30th, 2019, 03:25 PM
yeah littlestarface your have the hair of my wildest dreams. I'd be such a snob if I had that hair lol! I know the grass is always greener but we all think your hair is just fabulous :o

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 03:38 PM
yeah littlestarface your have the hair of my wildest dreams. I'd be such a snob if I had that hair lol! I know the grass is always greener but we all think your hair is just fabulous :o

Thank you everyone see this is why I wanna ask you guys.

Musicalspoons, when it gets long like calf length it starts to thin out so bad and its harder to plop and scrunch it to get spirals, it falls flat and starts to get stringy. Once I cut tho it gets really bouncy and plops nicely,like even this pic with tons of oil its trying to curl up.

MusicalSpoons
April 30th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Thank you everyone see this is why I wanna ask you guys.

Musicalspoons, when it gets long like calf length it starts to thin out so bad and its harder to plop and scrunch it to get spirals, it falls flat and starts to get stringy. Once I cut tho it gets really bouncy and plops nicely,like even this pic with tons of oil its trying to curl up.

Ah, I see. I hope you didn't feel I was trying to invalidate your experience with your own hair or in any way judging your choice to cut - it is your hair after all! We tend to be our own worst critics and I was simply trying to reassure you that we seriously see your hair being beautiful. Thank you for the explanation though; better understanding is always good :)

littlestarface
April 30th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Ah, I see. I hope you didn't feel I was trying to invalidate your experience with your own hair or in any way judging your choice to cut - it is your hair after all! We tend to be our own worst critics and I was simply trying to reassure you that we seriously see your hair being beautiful. Thank you for the explanation though; better understanding is always good :)

Ah nah no way, its hard to offend me :rollin:

enting
April 30th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Guitargod, that looks like great progress! The line between damage and no damage is clear on your hair. I know I get less breakage without ponytails and elastics, but I can't tell the difference on my hair like one can with your picture. Wow.

Ylva I like the two toned look on you, too!

Littlestarface, don't listen to those people around you. Your ends are in no way thin. Your hair is gorgeous by LHC standards, and we see more hairtypes, so there! :p

Ylva
April 30th, 2019, 04:12 PM

Thank you! :)

elfynity
May 1st, 2019, 01:59 AM

Amazing visible proof of what pony damage does to your hair! Your hair still looks amazing though!

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 02:56 AM
My phone camera is trying to shake my decision to quit being platinum blonde. It almost always makes my hair colour look extremely pretty (to me - that's exactly what I want from my hair), but I know it's a lie! IT'S A LIE! A LIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE

https://i.ibb.co/86dCb60/bright.jpg

Anyway, the best part about Dutch braids is totally that when you take them down, you get another neat hairstyle right away. :)

Begemot
May 1st, 2019, 03:00 AM
Omg, so beautiful Ylva :agape:

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 03:03 AM
Omg, so beautiful Ylva :agape:

I knoooooooooooooowwww but it's a LIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :taz: :taz:

It takes a VERY specific lighting and a specific camera as well for it to look that way. It doesn't look as bright and nice in reality. But stuff like this makes me want to just keep bleaching it. :D Sigh! Thank you though! :)

Simpscone
May 1st, 2019, 03:04 AM
Wow, Ylva! Gorgeous colour and gorgeous braid waves. :flower:

Phone cameras tend to do that :lol: I've had every colour under the sun, and some looked amazing on camera, but in real life I just wasn't happy with them at all. That's definitely how I felt with pink hair, it looked so pretty in pictures but in person/the mirror I just didn't like it anywhere near as much. I'd say if you never feel happy with the colour in person, that is much more important than how it comes across on camera!

Plus, you have a long time to think about it as your roots grow out ;)

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 03:06 AM
Wow, Ylva! Gorgeous colour and gorgeous braid waves. :flower:

Phone cameras tend to do that :lol: I've had every colour under the sun, and some looked amazing on camera, but in real life I just wasn't happy with them at all. That's definitely how I felt with pink hair, it looked so pretty in pictures but in person/the mirror I just didn't like it anywhere near as much. I'd say if you never feel happy with the colour in person, that is much more important than how it comes across on camera!

Plus, you have a long time to think about it as your roots grow out ;)

Haha, glad to hear it's not just my camera at least! Luckily I DON'T have time to think about it, because I'm currently at 6 weeks and 1 day, and two weeks from now, it's already too late to bleach it. It wouldn't benefit from the heat of my scalp as well, so the result would be uneven and I'd get yellow banding.

Begemot
May 1st, 2019, 03:39 AM
I knoooooooooooooowwww but it's a LIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :taz: :taz:

It takes a VERY specific lighting and a specific camera as well for it to look that way. It doesn't look as bright and nice in reality. But stuff like this makes me want to just keep bleaching it. :D Sigh! Thank you though! :)

:laugh: :laugh: Don't sell your hair too short, you take great care for it and it shows. It's going to look even more beautiful when it's all or partly natural color :o

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 06:11 AM
:laugh: :laugh: Don't sell your hair too short, you take great care for it and it shows. It's going to look even more beautiful when it's all or partly natural color :o

I imagine it to look quite different but still hopefully nice. :) And I think it will look more like me in the end, not just because it's more natural but because it will fit better with how I generally am. Thank you for the encouragement!

Begemot
May 1st, 2019, 07:09 AM
I imagine it to look quite different but still hopefully nice. :) And I think it will look more like me in the end, not just because it's more natural but because it will fit better with how I generally am. Thank you for the encouragement!

That makes sense :) I gave up whole head dyes mainly because I consider myself pretty low maintenance. Even tiny amount of highlights feel like too much work for me sometimes :rolleyes:

lapushka
May 1st, 2019, 07:14 AM
Ylva, the color is gorgeous, but I fully support you growing it out! I'm sure your own natural color is pretty as well, might be even prettier, and hey... less upkeep; that's a firm bonus! :thumbsup:

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 07:27 AM
That makes sense :) I gave up whole head dyes mainly because I consider myself pretty low maintenance. Even tiny amount of highlights feel like too much work for me sometimes :rolleyes:

Whole head dyes definitely are a PITA to maintain. I'm cool with doing something about colour maybe twice, max thrice a year, as long as it still looks good in between, too.

Ylva, the color is gorgeous, but I fully support you growing it out! I'm sure your own natural color is pretty as well, might be even prettier, and hey... less upkeep; that's a firm bonus! :thumbsup:

Thank you - both for the compliment and the encouragement! Less upkeep definitely appeals to me. With this hair, I feel like I must take all hair pics for the next month and a half within a week from bleaching, otherwise there will be too much root, hah. :D

Begemot
May 1st, 2019, 07:43 AM
Whole head dyes definitely are a PITA to maintain. I'm cool with doing something about colour maybe twice, max thrice a year, as long as it still looks good in between, too.

Highlights or lowlights are great :) way less upkeep and letting them grow out as they are doesn't look too bad (not everyone's style though). I have maybe 10 cm of highlights left right now and I don't know if I'll get them done again any time soon. It's nice to have that kind of freedom :D

Angela the Mer
May 1st, 2019, 12:13 PM
My phone camera is trying to shake my decision to quit being platinum blonde. It almost always makes my hair colour look extremely pretty (to me - that's exactly what I want from my hair), but I know it's a lie! IT'S A LIE! A LIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE

Anyway, the best part about Dutch braids is totally that when you take them down, you get another neat hairstyle right away. :)

Your hair looks so shiny and silky-soft! Grrr, wish I could encourage that sheen in my own hair. :p

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 01:09 PM
Highlights or lowlights are great :) way less upkeep and letting them grow out as they are doesn't look too bad (not everyone's style though). I have maybe 10 cm of highlights left right now and I don't know if I'll get them done again any time soon. It's nice to have that kind of freedom :D

Indeed. At least that's not a decision you have to make anytime soon - you could go back and forth with it and it wouldn't matter all that much in the end. :)

Your hair looks so shiny and silky-soft! Grrr, wish I could encourage that sheen in my own hair. :p

Thank you! :) Hair changes throughout your life, maybe one day it will come on its own. :)

Solgave
May 1st, 2019, 01:32 PM

Your hair looks very nice! :applause

The shine looks amazing!

Ylva
May 1st, 2019, 01:33 PM
Thank you, Solgave! :)

Solgave
May 1st, 2019, 01:34 PM

Beautiful, as always! :sun:

littlestarface
May 1st, 2019, 06:40 PM
Guitargod, that looks like great progress! The line between damage and no damage is clear on your hair. I know I get less breakage without ponytails and elastics, but I can't tell the difference on my hair like one can with your picture. Wow.

Littlestarface, don't listen to those people around you. Your ends are in no way thin. Your hair is gorgeous by LHC standards, and we see more hairtypes, so there! :p
Looool thank you enting you and everyone here are so kind to me! :cloud9:

Your hair is beautiful :thud: even if it is a lie loool

Beautiful, as always! :sun:
:cloud9: I'm over the moooon! :crush:

Spikey
May 1st, 2019, 09:04 PM
Littlestarface, your ends look great! I don't think mine will look that good when I'm at classic, let alone knee.:p

Stray_mind
May 2nd, 2019, 03:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/tFlZOmi.jpg

My old camera really distorted my hair color, but i like my waves here...

Begemot
May 2nd, 2019, 04:33 AM
Your hair looks so full and lovely, Stray :)

Kyaatje
May 2nd, 2019, 03:30 PM
I'm liking my hair a lot more these days.
That means I'm taking more pictures
And I know my ends are frail and I have a ton of split ends, but I'm not giving up my dip dye so I'm learning to live with it.
And look at this picture: my shirt is at classic, so I'm creeping and crawling nearer and neared :p
I do need to reapply colour.
And I need to find some new styles for wearing my hair because the bun I make usually starts to hurt. So I make a lot of side brides or I bun it and let it hang loose at home or sometimes at work

https://i.postimg.cc/8znj5YM5/NWV33-RZESl-W3j8h-Tk-OV0-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/FY39CDP5)

https://i.postimg.cc/Px1xSrcp/Wr01ucvUS2CTWfk503%uOw.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hzPcjgKc)

milosmomma
May 2nd, 2019, 03:40 PM
Straymind you have chameleon hair, it's always changing colors :) Your texture is looking lovely.
Kyaatje you're hair is so much longer than I last remember and I quite like the peachy ends. What color are you going to do next?

Kyaatje
May 2nd, 2019, 04:21 PM
Straymind you have chameleon hair, it's always changing colors :) Your texture is looking lovely.
Kyaatje you're hair is so much longer than I last remember and I quite like the peachy ends. What color are you going to do next?

I'm using purple and pink with some pastilizer :-)
My go to colours
And thank you

lapushka
May 2nd, 2019, 04:33 PM
I'm using purple and pink with some pastilizer :-)
My go to colours
And thank you

Yes, I'm loving the color on you, and it sure has grown quite a bit! :D

MadelineMomo
May 2nd, 2019, 07:07 PM
Warm weather + just washed my hair last night = decided to wear my hair down today. And it was better behaved than usual (not frizzing) so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

https://i.ibb.co/87sNwmD/image.png

(Still working on the backwards mirror selfie.)

Begemot
May 3rd, 2019, 12:48 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous MadelineMomo :crush:

Milady_DeWinter
May 3rd, 2019, 03:32 AM
Lovely manes everybody! Madelinemomo, love your color ans your thick ends :)

I haven't posted in a while, but yesterday I managed to take some pics of my hair while it was almost dried:

https://i.imgur.com/IpguaXQl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OXGYmdll.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VXdSoPUl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X3vswFtl.jpg

Sorry for the pic spam :whistle:

Begemot
May 3rd, 2019, 04:20 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, Milady, as always :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2019, 04:48 AM
Warm weather + just washed my hair last night = decided to wear my hair down today. And it was better behaved than usual (not frizzing) so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

https://i.ibb.co/87sNwmD/image.png

(Still working on the backwards mirror selfie.)

So beautiful! Like fairytale hair :)

Milady, we don't mind spam at all of your glorious hair!

EmeraldSkies
May 3rd, 2019, 05:32 AM
Lovely hair Milady!
MadelineMomoYour hair colour is very pretty! :)

Solgave
May 5th, 2019, 07:14 AM
Frizz! :whistle: :sun:
https://i.imgur.com/aF2v5PT.jpg?1

StartingFrom0
May 5th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Here : https://ibb.co/7RcHpvP
My hair is getting longer. I hope you can see the photo, I just got out of the bathroom. 😊😊My hair has grown out a bit and it has a reddish tone but I don't really like it and I want to dye it(henna possibly)🤔
My routine is simple : Just do nothing, rarely wash it, use hair mask before conditioning and don't cut it(unless split ends are going crazy)

StartingFrom0
May 5th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Wooww great hair Milady_DeWinter ! How do u tame it though

Begemot
May 5th, 2019, 08:32 AM

This makes you look angelic, it's like a halo around your head :D so pretty!

My hair is getting longer. I hope you can see the photo, I just got out of the bathroom. ����My hair has grown out a bit and it has a reddish tone but I don't really like it and I want to dye it(henna possibly)��
My routine is simple : Just do nothing, rarely wash it, use hair mask before conditioning and don't cut it(unless split ends are going crazy)

Your hair looks great! :thumbsup: Hopefully you can get the color to your liking asap.

GrowlingCupcake
May 5th, 2019, 08:46 AM
MadelineMomo, gorgeous waves! And that shine :crush:

Milady, so much poof! Your natural hair is coming in really nicely.

Solgave, that colour! It really does make you look angelic.

StartingFrom0, your hair is lovely! Are you trying to bring out the red/orange tone in your hair with henna?

AshtangiPNW
May 5th, 2019, 10:45 AM
My hair is getting longer. I hope you can see the photo, I just got out of the bathroom. 😊😊My hair has grown out a bit and it has a reddish tone but I don't really like it and I want to dye it(henna possibly)🤔

Startingfrom0, I think the color looks stunning, as is...it's a really rich shade. So pretty.:crush: Were you hoping for more or less red tones?

Beautiful shade, Solgave. Stunning locks, Milady_DeWinter.

hinabelle
May 5th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Startingfrom0, I deeply admire your fantastic color. :flower:

StartingFrom0
May 5th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thank you everybody for your nice words !!! Well I don't really like this reddish tone..I prefer a medium brown. I will probably buy this brown henna package from the drug store and mix it with oils and a hair mask since it usually dries my hair out really bad!

lapushka
May 5th, 2019, 04:34 PM
My hair is getting longer. I hope you can see the photo, I just got out of the bathroom. ����My hair has grown out a bit and it has a reddish tone but I don't really like it and I want to dye it(henna possibly)��

That's pretty darn long, actually! :)

SwordWomanRiona
May 5th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Paranda braid featuring one of my fave pics of my Elven ranger cosplay :D ^^

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/9867add7-68ae-4053-b82c-c3d221bb4a9a/dd68fdi-c8191f74-c459-455b-b8fe-4d92f773ba62.jpg/v1/fill/w_600,h_800,q_70,strp/elven_ranger_professional_shoot__xiii_by_arwendelu htiene_dd68fdi-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9 .eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZ DQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTg yMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7Imhla WdodCI6Ijw9MTkzMyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk4NjdhZGQ3LTY 4YWUtNDA1My1iODJjLWMzZDIyMWJiNGE5YVwvZGQ2OGZkaS1jO DE5MWY3NC1jNDU5LTQ1NWItYjhmZS00ZDkyZjc3M2JhNjIuanB nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlc nZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.Z6wa7UPQH_0RnOpd n5Mb8wQ6ZwHyUyFiFp8lAExt2cc

SwordWomanRiona
May 5th, 2019, 05:53 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but yesterday I managed to take some pics of my hair while it was almost dried:
Sorry for the pic spam :whistle:

o_O Dream hair right there! Boudicca vibes :D :inlove: :thud:

Beautiful :heart:!

JackintheBox
May 5th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Cut my hair for the first time in 5 years yesterday. The change feels good so far.
https://imgur.com/RkZISON.jpg

Ylva
May 5th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Cut my hair for the first time in 5 years yesterday. The change feels good so far.

It looks great! I am super envious of your thickness.

blackgothicdoll
May 5th, 2019, 07:50 PM

How much did you cut? It looks awesome and very healthy!

Aunt Rapunzel
May 5th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Milady, and MadelineMomo, beautiful pics! JackintheBox, it looks super healthy! SwordWomanRiona, you make me miss my long hair! Lovely length!

Aunt Rapunzel
May 5th, 2019, 09:11 PM
A rare, low-frizz day...So I wanted to capture the moment. :-D

https://i.imgur.com/G2rjPsd.jpg

milosmomma
May 5th, 2019, 09:11 PM
That is an amazingly thick ponytail Jackinthebox, gorgeous :)
ETA AuntRapunzel we were posting at the same time but have to add how shiny and spectacular your waves look !

GrowlingCupcake
May 5th, 2019, 09:22 PM
Thank you everybody for your nice words !!! Well I don't really like this reddish tone..I prefer a medium brown. I will probably buy this brown henna package from the drug store and mix it with oils and a hair mask since it usually dries my hair out really bad!

Not sure if you know this, so please excuse me if you do:
Please be aware that henna imparts a red/orange tone to your hair. "brown henna" is not henna. It is either something else entirely or henna mixed with other ingredients. Some of these ingredients can be damaging so please be sure to get your henna or herbal hair dye from a reputable store.

If it gives a brown colour, and is 100% herbal, it is most likely mixed with indigo. If you have indigo in your hair, you cannot bleach it out or it has a tendency to turn green.

And lastly, henna is very permanent so be sure to strand test unless you're okay with whatever colour you get :)

hinabelle
May 5th, 2019, 09:34 PM
JackintheBox, your hair is striking and is a textbook example that men are 100% capable of having long, well groomed hair!
Very excellent :flower:

https://i.imgur.com/hPc23mB.jpg

Very proud of the definition I achieved this wash, these are one day after wash day!

AmaryllisRed
May 5th, 2019, 09:42 PM
Gorgeous, defined curls, hinabelle!

Kyaatje
May 6th, 2019, 05:15 AM
Coloured my hair again yesterday.
I do love my pink and purple ends :p
As usual a lot of frizz, but still loving it.

https://i.postimg.cc/5tftHkWz/9f-Fq-Ar-HDSie34-L0-NZw-ww.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hX3n6sj4)

Begemot
May 6th, 2019, 05:37 AM
I'm loving it too, Kyaatje :D dreamy hair!

cestlavie
May 6th, 2019, 06:07 AM

It looks very healthy!

lapushka
May 6th, 2019, 09:21 AM
You all have gorgeous hair! :)

Simpscone
May 6th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Loving everyone's recent pictures here, such stunning heads of hair!

Here's my contribution, I'm still practicing at getting shots of the back of my head!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36774&d=1557156126

Begemot
May 6th, 2019, 09:44 AM
:thud: :thud:

Your hair is stunning Simpscone!! I would give a lot to have your texture :D

TatsuOni
May 6th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Very beautiful Simpscone!

Ylva
May 6th, 2019, 10:20 AM

Here's my contribution, I'm still practicing at getting shots of the back of my head!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36774&d=1557156126

Looks very pretty! I love how your hair looks against the blue shirt! And the photo has very nice colours altogether.

hinabelle
May 6th, 2019, 11:01 AM
AmaryllisRed, thanks! :flower:

Simpscone
May 6th, 2019, 12:38 PM
:thud: :thud:

Your hair is stunning Simpscone!! I would give a lot to have your texture :D

Thank you :) I’m only just getting used to it myself, I wanted straight hair for so many years because it just seemed easier!

Very beautiful Simpscone!
Thank you :flower:

Looks very pretty! I love how your hair looks against the blue shirt! And the photo has very nice colours altogether.. Thank you! I love how my colour warms up in the sun :)

lithostoic
May 6th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I love the pink and purple Kyaatje! I have frizz too, just part of the texture, I think.

littlestarface
May 6th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Littlestarface, your ends look great! I don't think mine will look that good when I'm at classic, let alone knee.:p
Oh thank you so much! :flower:

Your hair is perfect andf it looks so cute with that frizz :crush:

lapushka
May 6th, 2019, 04:48 PM

Wow that is more like full 3a, rather than 2c. Gorgeous! :)

JackintheBox
May 6th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Thanks Yiva, blackgothicdoll, milosmomma, hinabelle, and cestlavie.
blackgothicgirl: My hair was somewhere between waist and hip before the cut.
hinabelle: I agree! No reason someone can't other than not making an effort.

Simpscone those curls are awesome! Same hinabelle I am always envious of nice curls.

Groovy Granny
May 6th, 2019, 09:34 PM
So many pages since I last checked...I can't keep up lol

You are ALL AMAZING :love: :thud:

zashin66
May 6th, 2019, 10:02 PM
I love the half up MadelineMomo

Simpscone
May 7th, 2019, 04:45 AM
Wow that is more like full 3a, rather than 2c. Gorgeous! :)

My hair can sometimes form spirals on its own so I think I’m on the border of 2c/3a, but this isn’t a hair typing picture so it has gel and scrunching and brushing with a Denman brush to thank for the more pronounced curl!

Simpscone those curls are awesome! Same hinabelle I am always envious of nice curls.

Thank you! :flower:

LadyCelestina
May 7th, 2019, 09:12 AM

Stunning! It looks like it's profesionally styled :crush:

cjk
May 7th, 2019, 09:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/2haxh6O.jpg

Kyaatje
May 7th, 2019, 01:37 PM
I'm loving it too, Kyaatje :D dreamy hair!

I love the pink and purple Kyaatje! I have frizz too, just part of the texture, I think.

Thanks!

I love seeing everybody's hair on this thread, I'm always lurking ;)
Stunning braids CJK

Amix
May 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/onx55Vz.jpg

Hope this works! This is my first post. Here's some damp hair, cousin It style. I think it's 2b waves, but not sure!

lapushka
May 7th, 2019, 03:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/onx55Vz.jpg

Hope this works! This is my first post. Here's some damp hair, cousin It style. I think it's 2b waves, but not sure!

Welcome! :D Lovely hair. If it's a hairtyping picture, I would say 2a/b.

Simpscone
May 7th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Stunning! It looks like it's profesionally styled :crush:

Thank you so much! I’m surprised, it normally looks so bad from behind! Must have done something right :)

https://i.imgur.com/2haxh6O.jpg

Such a lovely neat braid :love: I love your natural highlights!

hinabelle
May 7th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Thank you JackintheBox :)

Amix, what a lovely shade of hair you have. It's somewhere in between gold and amber! :o

Agava
May 8th, 2019, 05:25 AM
Simpscone, and Amix, I love that kind of waves and curls that you have. Layers of blunt, such texture always looks beautiful

spitfire511
May 8th, 2019, 06:02 AM
WOW y'all - Amazing photos!!

cjk your braiding skills are truly on point - I can do it on another person, but it NEVER looks that good on my own head - hats off to you!

SwordWomanRiona
May 8th, 2019, 07:34 AM

:thud:!

Milady, and MadelineMomo, beautiful pics! JackintheBox, it looks super healthy! SwordWomanRiona, you make me miss my long hair! Lovely length!

A rare, low-frizz day...So I wanted to capture the moment. :-D

:inlove: Gorgeous texture!

SwordWomanRiona
May 8th, 2019, 07:35 AM
I'm back at trying the Radhe Shyam henna-based shampoo, which doesn't really add colour per se, but does accentuate red highlights and help hennaed head keep the colour more vibrant, and was pretty happy with how my dark auburn hair looked after using it once (these were taken a fortnight ago) - My hair was pretty much tangle-free, soft, a bit more voluminous, and the red highlights (whose intensity varies a lot depending on the lighting xD) were a bit more noticeable in this specific lighting, I think? So hair spam! :D xD

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WCQcp1NkNwQ/XNLRZRrA1TI/AAAAAAAAMJ8/e7TMnHZHMx03nvEHKARk53WQXvHIS31_wCLcBGAs/s600/IMG_20190425_174023.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5oA6MsKN2RQ/XNLRqJd6f4I/AAAAAAAAMKE/nFe2qozIEo4l_eO8CThpr93YFlr76-WQgCLcBGAs/s700/hennashampoo_1.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6t1ax3F7dyA/XNLR_jsZwfI/AAAAAAAAMKM/VBaEEw_mYdIbp4jVzzTCr8uZqlGLg4gHwCLcBGAs/s600/IMG_20190425_173937.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Otjz5FwmQSI/XNLSOD2tltI/AAAAAAAAMKQ/JjherqfuxdchsBoX8fsYQAu4IN2n0XXFwCLcBGAs/s700/hennashampoo_2.jpg

cjk
May 8th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Tried something different today. Used my Topsy tail to pull them into a faux crown braid.

https://i.imgur.com/fp8P0QQ.jpg

Agava
May 8th, 2019, 09:52 AM
SwordWoman, what a beautiful hair!

Eight months from my big chop. Not the best quality of the photos, but still visible difference.
7 months to go :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36807&d=1557330017

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36808&d=1557330049

Ylva
May 8th, 2019, 10:11 AM

Eight months from my big chop. Not the best quality of the photos, but still visible difference.
7 months to go :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36807&d=1557330017

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36808&d=1557330049

That's a big difference! Beautiful hair! :)

So pretty, SwordWomanRiona!

cjk
May 9th, 2019, 05:38 AM
Yes! I finally got it.

Been trying to blend two braids into one and it is surprisingly difficult to get right.

https://i.imgur.com/dwA0ILf.jpg

Begemot
May 9th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Congrats cjk! Looks great :)

Agava
May 9th, 2019, 07:50 AM
cjk how do you manage this with only two hands? My arms hurt when I try to make something of my hair. And I wish I have patience for complicated braids and buns..

AmaryllisRed
May 9th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Cjk very impressive!
I've never been able to manage it.

iforgotmylogin
May 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Dude bangs

https://i.postimg.cc/xTKcDpjW/IMG-20190510-021109.jpg (https://i.postimg.cc/GLV2BnHW/IMG-20190510-021109.jpg)

The thing about bangs is you kinda need to reveal part of your face to demonstrate them properly

Hair still drying after shower 90mins ago

lapushka
May 9th, 2019, 12:10 PM
I'm back at trying the Radhe Shyam henna-based shampoo, which doesn't really add colour per se, but does accentuate red highlights and help hennaed head keep the colour more vibrant, and was pretty happy with how my dark auburn hair looked after using it once (these were taken a fortnight ago) - My hair was pretty much tangle-free, soft, a bit more voluminous, and the red highlights (whose intensity varies a lot depending on the lighting xD) were a bit more noticeable in this specific lighting, I think? So hair spam! :D xD

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WCQcp1NkNwQ/XNLRZRrA1TI/AAAAAAAAMJ8/e7TMnHZHMx03nvEHKARk53WQXvHIS31_wCLcBGAs/s600/IMG_20190425_174023.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5oA6MsKN2RQ/XNLRqJd6f4I/AAAAAAAAMKE/nFe2qozIEo4l_eO8CThpr93YFlr76-WQgCLcBGAs/s700/hennashampoo_1.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6t1ax3F7dyA/XNLR_jsZwfI/AAAAAAAAMKM/VBaEEw_mYdIbp4jVzzTCr8uZqlGLg4gHwCLcBGAs/s600/IMG_20190425_173937.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Otjz5FwmQSI/XNLSOD2tltI/AAAAAAAAMKQ/JjherqfuxdchsBoX8fsYQAu4IN2n0XXFwCLcBGAs/s700/hennashampoo_2.jpg

Yes! I think the red looks more vibrant. :D

Very pretty. And I love the texture. So smooth. My hair can never do that!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 9th, 2019, 12:26 PM
SWR, what lovely photos those are :) Such pretty, glossy hair!

lapushka
May 9th, 2019, 01:46 PM

Yes! I could only think of "smooth". But it's so shiny as well. SWR, top notch, girl! :)

raemarthe
May 9th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I've been being blessed with good hair days lately... loving it!

https://i.ibb.co/GCcsdbY/C7-C05-B0-C-A943-4-D90-9991-3727-B15-C5-BDC.jpg

Also, I feel like the older I get the curlier my hair is... I feel like this part of my hair might be close to 3b territory?

https://i.ibb.co/qyY7dpH/BB40-C5-BB-EE0-C-421-E-9-B00-7-FA14-C7-A3-D08.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/MRYkpkP/C8-A8-EFF5-4497-4226-80-AF-4680720-A5919.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/926jJGV/FFBEC34-C-A1-B4-4-A2-B-BA39-7-AE2611-CB296.jpg

Groovy Granny
May 9th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Oh my goodness....such gorgeous color ~ shine ~ curls ~ definition = hair envy :crush:

Ylva
May 9th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Some wonky braid waves from today.

https://i.ibb.co/VMRKsTj/hiukset090519.jpg

Groovy Granny
May 9th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Very pretty....and that shine :D

How's the natural color grow out going....got roots yet? :popcorn:

Ylva
May 9th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Very pretty....and that shine :D

How's the natural color grow out going....got roots yet? :popcorn:

Yup, here they are!

https://i.ibb.co/mSC1Sys/roots.jpg

TreesOfEternity
May 9th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Dude bangs

https://i.postimg.cc/xTKcDpjW/IMG-20190510-021109.jpg (https://i.postimg.cc/GLV2BnHW/IMG-20190510-021109.jpg)

The thing about bangs is you kinda need to reveal part of your face to demonstrate them properly

Hair still drying after shower 90mins ago

Looks so cool! It’s quite rare this days, they suite you so well :)

littlestarface
May 9th, 2019, 04:07 PM

Also, I feel like the older I get the curlier my hair is... I feel like this part of my hair might be close to 3b territory?

Oh dear lordy you 2 you make my jaw drop :thud:

Groovy Granny
May 9th, 2019, 04:56 PM

Yup, here they are!
Oh wow....how pretty :)
Do you like it?

lapushka
May 9th, 2019, 05:10 PM

That is amazing!
I think that's 3a/b. Maybe 3b if I look at the last one! Depends if you styled or if it's hairtyping pictures. ;)

Pretty, Ylva!

desisparkles
May 9th, 2019, 05:15 PM
wow, such dreamy hair on here :applause:eyebrows::cheer::disco::crush::thudpile: :heartbeat

lithostoic
May 9th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Here's my progress in growing out damage. Starts to get real see-through at about BSL. Hair is slightly dampened here.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/60065223_2642549662428436_3411062017165885440_o.jp g?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=56af272f4cc593353861c609d7a18cb1&oe=5D5955B9

Ylva
May 9th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Oh dear lordy you 2 you make my jaw drop :thud:

Your hair has the same effect on me whenever I see it!

Oh wow....how pretty :)
Do you like it?

Oh, thank you! :) I don't think it's anything special though. I have the same hair colour as, like... 95% of people here. :lol:

I like it, I just wish there was more of it already so I could have it blended in!

Pretty, Ylva!

lapushka
May 9th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Here's my progress in growing out damage. Starts to get real see-through at about BSL. Hair is slightly dampened here.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/60065223_2642549662428436_3411062017165885440_o.jp g?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=56af272f4cc593353861c609d7a18cb1&oe=5D5955B9

I think it looks pretty good! :D

Stardreamer
May 10th, 2019, 12:18 AM

What does your shirt say? The hair looks alright tbh

AutobotsAttack
May 10th, 2019, 08:06 AM

Your growth is A1! And your hair looks beautiful!

AutobotsAttack
May 10th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Typical protective style I do

https://i.imgflip.com/30mjha.jpg

raemarthe
May 10th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Thanks everyone! Your hair looks great Lithostoic! Getting so long!

Begemot
May 10th, 2019, 09:50 AM

Really lovely braids! :heart:

Fairina
May 10th, 2019, 09:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/EySSYd3r.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aWDU2A0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4M4lbtBr.jpg
Still growing out damage. My ends look frizzy, but I just did aphohee 2 step treatment and it made my hair so shiny

Begemot
May 10th, 2019, 10:02 AM
So shiny Fairina! :cool:

Agava
May 10th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Autobots, this looks interesting and protective as you say. I have to try something, it's beautiful, but I have to find something easy to make.
Fairina, really beautiful hair!
Raemarthe, your hair is also beautiful and looks like very good quality and very well cared for.

lithostoic
May 10th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys! Stardreamer it saus "Braising is amazing" lol, it's a Chipotle uniform shirt. I'm a manager so I usually wear a black polo but I forgot to do laundry XD

bparnell75
May 11th, 2019, 10:48 AM

VEry nice!!

bparnell75
May 11th, 2019, 10:51 AM
I just did aphohee 2 step treatment and it made my hair so shiny

I feel my hair is dull can you give more information on this treatment?

littlestarface
May 11th, 2019, 11:04 AM
I just did aphohee 2 step treatment and it made my hair so shiny

I feel my hair is dull can you give more information on this treatment?

Its an intense protein treatment that's really good to use if your hair needs lots of protein. That's why people who bleach have good results using it. Iv'e used it on my virgin hair and my hair loved it but it loves protein and I did an intense moisture after as well.

Spikey
May 11th, 2019, 11:38 AM

Autobots, I really like seeing your hair up close, you have such a pretty color and texture. These braids are so neat, and they look soft somehow, nice picture.

AutobotsAttack
May 11th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Autobots, I really like seeing your hair up close, you have such a pretty color and texture. These braids are so neat, and they look soft somehow, nice picture.

Thank you!

AutobotsAttack
May 11th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Really lovely braids! :heart:

VEry nice!!

Thank you guys!

cjk
May 11th, 2019, 04:12 PM
Still can't believe this is really my hair!

Wash day. Tried a slight modification of my usual technique, a double application of the gel. I think I like the results.

https://i.imgur.com/bM5Ed51.jpg

Ligeia Noire
May 11th, 2019, 05:26 PM
That looks fabulous CJK!

hinabelle
May 11th, 2019, 05:30 PM
:applause Such incredible curl definition, cjk!

Reservechic
May 11th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Still can't believe this is really my hair!

Wash day. Tried a slight modification of my usual technique, a double application of the gel. I think I like the results.

https://i.imgur.com/bM5Ed51.jpg

Such absolutely gorgeous curls, cjk!

Hellebore
May 11th, 2019, 08:24 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47825068411_b3da9ea466_z.jpg

This is currently what I'm working with. The poor photo quality hides my flyaways, but I'm really happy with my hemline right now. This attempt at long hair is going way better than my last attempt.

milosmomma
May 12th, 2019, 12:47 AM
Autobots, I agree your braids do look soft.
Cjk those are some perfect spirals going on!
Hellebore, you're right, I see no flyaways just smooth well behaved hair :)

After almost a week of angry hair I think I found the culprit. I stopped doing weekly ACV rinses. I must have hard water because after a rinse I actually had a good hair day. I am compelled to share.
https://i.imgur.com/btT3Dhkl.jpg
With bunwaves I seem to have a bit of shrinkage or my waist moved :lol:

Agava
May 12th, 2019, 01:06 AM
cjk I've remembered some of your photos from the thread Growing from chin length to SL, your hair grew a lot in last few months!
hellebore perfect hemline!
Milosmomma very pretty hair and beautifully styled. Is that your natural hair colour (besides at the ends)?

littlestarface
May 12th, 2019, 01:30 AM

After almost a week of angry hair I think I found the culprit. I stopped doing weekly ACV rinses. I must have hard water because after a rinse I actually had a good hair day. I am compelled to share.

So pretty, your hair looks so thick!

summergame
May 12th, 2019, 03:57 AM

Your hair is just lovely!

milosmomma
May 12th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Thank you Agava Littlestarface and summergame <3 I appreciate your nice comments
ETA Agava, it's my natural color and some lightening from the sun on the ends.

blackgothicdoll
May 12th, 2019, 08:45 AM
milosmomma what is that skull in front of you? Is it a lamp?

Hair looks lovely as always

milosmomma
May 12th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Thank you blackgothicdoll! :) The skull is a halloween deco, it glows in the dark so when the lamp right under it is on it seems to suck up the light. Then when I turn the lamp off the skull glows. I have a lot of "year round" halloween stuff :lol:

Solgave
May 12th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Tried a new conditioner today, and it made my hair super shiny! :) With braid waves
https://i.imgur.com/nRcVtBc.jpg?1

blackgothicdoll
May 12th, 2019, 02:04 PM
Solgave you have the most angelic hair color. It's stunning :o

milosmomma
May 12th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Wow it looks so soft Solgave, gorgeous.

littlestarface
May 12th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Tried a new conditioner today, and it made my hair super shiny! :) With braid waves

Ohh my lord! :thud: Your hair is my dream!

Ligeia Noire
May 12th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Beautiful Solgave. Is it your natural colour?

Freija
May 12th, 2019, 04:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mvGMrBh.jpg

I haven’t been here in ages! I have a side shave now. I finally came out as non-binary at the start of the year and although I couldn’t bear the thought of cutting off all my long hair, I needed to do something with it that reflected ‘me’. I love it. x

lithostoic
May 12th, 2019, 05:38 PM
I like it Freija!

Ylva
May 12th, 2019, 05:40 PM
That suits you well, Freija! :)

milosmomma
May 12th, 2019, 06:32 PM
You look beautiful Freija.

LittleHealthy
May 12th, 2019, 09:36 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/9fX6qST6/5-E66-D5-A7-3-FE7-40-CB-AAD5-7-B81-D2-E96-A8-D.jpg

I know the photos are such awful quality, but I’m quietly admiring how I’ve taken care of my hair over the past 9 months. First picture is just past APL in July 2018, second picture is almost waist length today. I’m so excited for when I hit 1 year since joining here... I’m living proof that you can revive and maintain bleach damaged hair, I don’t have any splits I can find, my hair feels weighty and smooth, and healthy. I can’t believe how thin and broken my hair was in the first photo!!
If I hadn’t been googling ‘how to take care of my bleach damage’ then I would never have come across this wonderful forum!
Thank goodness for that :laugh:

Begemot
May 13th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Amazing progress LittleHealthy! Your hair looks great :applause

lapushka
May 13th, 2019, 03:09 AM

Oooh very pretty. What did you try (conditioner)? :D

I haven’t been here in ages! I have a side shave now. I finally came out as non-binary at the start of the year and although I couldn’t bear the thought of cutting off all my long hair, I needed to do something with it that reflected ‘me’. I love it. x

Nice & fun for summer! :D

https://i.postimg.cc/9fX6qST6/5-E66-D5-A7-3-FE7-40-CB-AAD5-7-B81-D2-E96-A8-D.jpg

I know the photos are such awful quality, but I’m quietly admiring how I’ve taken care of my hair over the past 9 months. First picture is just past APL in July 2018, second picture is almost waist length today. I’m so excited for when I hit 1 year since joining here... I’m living proof that you can revive and maintain bleach damaged hair, I don’t have any splits I can find, my hair feels weighty and smooth, and healthy. I can’t believe how thin and broken my hair was in the first photo!!
If I hadn’t been googling ‘how to take care of my bleach damage’ then I would never have come across this wonderful forum!
Thank goodness for that :laugh:

You've come a long way! :D That's gorgeous!

paulownia
May 13th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Embracing eternal mess;)
https://i.postimg.cc/sf7cHBBS/20190513-155657.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

LadyCelestina
May 13th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Embracing eternal mess;)
https://i.postimg.cc/sf7cHBBS/20190513-155657.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Just lovely :) I really like how your haircolour emphasizes the wave pattern in your hair!

SwordWomanRiona
May 13th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Milkmaid paranda braids from last week!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zjAmzJ5DQDg/XNnAMdEfu8I/AAAAAAAAMNI/CfluhdkTwkYXM0DrClE7mAI_VpplinUmgCLcBGAs/s800/index.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rm_sc-gqnxg/XNnADwk6VvI/AAAAAAAAMNE/2Ad6wCyXTfgQvm9zfiWN6FsulkGjFhg8ACLcBGAs/s600/IMG_20190507_171252.jpg

SwordWomanRiona
May 13th, 2019, 02:31 PM

So pretty, SwordWomanRiona!

Yes! I think the red looks more vibrant. :D

Very pretty. And I love the texture. So smooth. My hair can never do that!

Yes! I could only think of "smooth". But it's so shiny as well. SWR, top notch, girl! :)

Aww thank you all :flower: :cloud9: ^^!
@lapushka - My hair is crazy staticy, actually xD, so I'm glad that another pro of adding this shampoo to my washing routine is that it seems to combat the static as well!

Yes! I finally got it. Been trying to blend two braids into one and it is surprisingly difficult to get right.

That looks awesome, so neat! Love multibraided styles :D

:thud: :inlove: Love everything about these pics! The texture is drop dead gorgeous!

Telerin vibes all the way :heart:!

Beautiful :heart:!

Hellebore
May 13th, 2019, 02:32 PM

I love this! I really love long hair with a side shave. Currently not brave enough to rock it myself so I have to admire it in others :)

Saige
May 14th, 2019, 08:17 PM
SwordWomanRiona, I love that style on you!

I haven't been here for a while and I thought I'd post an update picture or two. I'm currently about 2 inches past knee length, so around 57 inches.

https://i.imgur.com/taLdcNK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lZtv6V2.jpg

Ligeia Noire
May 14th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Just stunning Saige, congratulations on past knee!
Your hair is beautiful!

milosmomma
May 14th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Saige you have gorgeous, inspiring hair!

Hellebore
May 14th, 2019, 09:00 PM

I haven't been here for a while and I thought I'd post an update picture or two. I'm currently about 2 inches past knee length, so around 57 inches.

WOW! Your hair is lovely!

Shorty89
May 14th, 2019, 09:09 PM

How do you have so littletaper? I'm jealous!

AmaryllisRed
May 14th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Beautiful, Saige!

Tinyponies
May 14th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Such beautiful hair, Saige :heart:
It’s very nice to see fine hair so long and in such amazing condition.

Begemot
May 15th, 2019, 02:06 AM
Your hair is drop dead gorgeous, Saige! :thud:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 15th, 2019, 03:07 AM
Your hair is drop dead gorgeous, Saige! :thud:

It certainly is! :crush:

cestlavie
May 15th, 2019, 04:04 AM
That braid is mesmerizing, Saige!

Saige
May 15th, 2019, 04:14 AM
Thanks so much everyone! :flowers:

Salzdrache
May 15th, 2019, 05:09 AM
so beautiful, Saige :bowtome:

springtime here :p

https://abload.de/img/05_1205_garten1oek4l.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=05_1205_garten1oek4l.jpg)

paulownia
May 15th, 2019, 06:00 AM

https://abload.de/img/05_1205_garten1oek4l.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=05_1205_garten1oek4l.jpg)
Oh my gosh I'm in love:crush:
Just perfect.

Agava
May 15th, 2019, 06:07 AM
After seeing these photos, no way that I'm going to post anything soon.
Saige, I'm speechless, your hair is absolutely fantastic :agape:

Salzdrache, beautiful hair, too! How long are you dye free? I like your natural hair color :)

eresh
May 15th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Beautiful Saige! Are you sure you are a ii and not a iii?

Tulipa
May 15th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Saige, I would like to join all people above who complimented you on your stunning hair. I was just wondering the other day if you were still maintaining at knee, and now I see that you decided to continue growing and I hope you will do so for a long time, as your hair is absolutely ready for it!
Your braid is really amazing with so little taper from the 1st to the 21st bump (if I counted well…). Maybe that’s the result of maintaining at knee length for a while. I’m so glad you have resumed growing again. What will be your next milestone?

valkyrie90
May 15th, 2019, 10:06 AM
https://tinypic.com/r/95ob2e/9

IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/95ob2e.jpg[/IMG]
http://i67.tinypic.com/95ob2e.jpg

Not the best length check pic ever either the best hair ever. Just a quick kinda messy hair selfie because it feels soooo good to do it again. Did I make it tailbone?

littlestarface
May 15th, 2019, 10:14 AM

Oh my gosh what a pretty picture! i wish I can take one like this.

bparnell75
May 15th, 2019, 10:37 AM
You will probably never see a length shot of my hair... all 100 strands of it. but I do like this look and thought I would post it. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32912593487_cd1848b697.jpg

SwordWomanRiona
May 15th, 2019, 11:18 AM

springtime here

:thud: :inlove:

Thank you, Saige :flower: ^^!

lapushka
May 15th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Saige, I think your hair is simply gorgeous.

Salzdrache, very pretty waves, love the picture in the grass amid the flowers!

lapushka
May 15th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Beautiful Saige! Are you sure you are a ii and not a iii?

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking. :)

lapushka
May 15th, 2019, 12:41 PM
https://tinypic.com/r/95ob2e/9

http://i67.tinypic.com/95ob2e.jpg

Not the best length check pic ever either the best hair ever. Just a quick kinda messy hair selfie because it feels soooo good to do it again. Did I make it tailbone?

Maybe this will help with the image. Converted it to a URL (you need to grab the BBcode next to the picture).

Very pretty! :D

valkyrie90
May 15th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Maybe this will help with the image. Converted it to a URL (you need to grab the BBcode next to the picture).

Very pretty! :D

thanks lapushka <3

https://i.imgur.com/UIHFXHg.jpg

did I make it TBL ? It's hard to know for sure as I can't stand :(

Ligeia Noire
May 15th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Spring Nymph you are.

You will probably never see a length shot of my hair... all 100 strands of it. but I do like this look and thought I would post it. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32912593487_cd1848b697.jpg

It's your signature. The classiest updo around these parts. I love to
do that swoop also. In fact, wearing it like that today.

thanks lapushka <3

https://i.imgur.com/UkpnJqS.jpg

It seems like you are probably there. Your hair looks beautiful.

enting
May 15th, 2019, 10:12 PM

There are lots of people that mark TBL when sitting by when their hair reaches a hard seating surface. It's easier than digging for one's tailbone, and less awkward to be walked in on :P. Your hair looks like it would hit that point - it's touching the (soft?) surface you're sitting on pretty solidly, that's not just brushing. Now, I don't know how to measure further lengths while sitting, but TBL seems to me to be still measureable this way.

ETA: Your color and shine are just beautiful. Your hair looks really healthy. I was so focused on detailing seated measurement, I forgot the comment about your actual hair!

Spikey
May 15th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Salzdrache, so pretty! It looks like a better, longer version of my hair on a wave-y day. I wonder if we're hair-twins..
bparnell75 what an elegant swoosh. Your color is so beautiful, looks more like silk than hair.
valkyrie90 your hair looks so thick and healthy, I want to reach through my screen and braid it!

I love these pictures guys

Spikey
May 15th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Kind of a strange picture, and the color is way off, but I liked these waves.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36856&d=1557683245

Saige
May 15th, 2019, 11:27 PM
What a gorgeous picture Salzdrache! I love those little flowers!

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone :o
Eresh, I just checked my ponytail circumference and I get 8cm, so not a iii, although my hair compacts down quite a bit.
Tulipa, I'm not sure what I'll do in the future. I think I might just go with the flow and see where it takes me :D

Begemot
May 16th, 2019, 04:08 AM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36856&d=1557683245

Great waves! :joy:

Tinyponies
May 16th, 2019, 06:01 AM

So shiny and long! Perfect waves :inlove:

Salzdrache
May 16th, 2019, 07:08 AM
thanks a lot for your kind comments :blossom:

same day, with brushed hair...this ist the normal condition ;)

https://abload.de/img/05_1205_gekvbjwr.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=05_1205_gekvbjwr.jpg)

valkyrie90
May 16th, 2019, 09:44 AM
thanks a lot for your kind comments :blossom:

same day, with brushed hair...this ist the normal condition ;)

https://abload.de/img/05_1205_gekvbjwr.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=05_1205_gekvbjwr.jpg)

I love love love your color and the wave on your ends. Hair goal !

bparnell75
May 16th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Thank you ladies for the kind comments. Wish I could hide behind my hair like may of you do.

valkyrie90
May 16th, 2019, 09:53 AM
There are lots of people that mark TBL when sitting by when their hair reaches a hard seating surface. It's easier than digging for one's tailbone, and less awkward to be walked in on :P. Your hair looks like it would hit that point - it's touching the (soft?) surface you're sitting on pretty solidly, that's not just brushing. Now, I don't know how to measure further lengths while sitting, but TBL seems to me to be still measureable this way.

ETA: Your color and shine are just beautiful. Your hair looks really healthy. I was so focused on detailing seated measurement, I forgot the comment about your actual hair!

Thanks for letting me know about seated measurement. I think I will wait couples months unti it's safe to call TBL. My goal is Classic length but I have know idea how to measure if I ever get there.

Thanks for you guys' compliments. It feels so much better to blend with the same mindset. Keep the gorgeous hair selfies coming !!

Spikey
May 16th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Thanks Tinyponies and Begemot :D

Salzdrache your hair looks like gold!

Xan
May 16th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Some screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/wGifUEs.png

https://i.imgur.com/q16oEHT.png

https://i.imgur.com/kXP7zyg.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/Un4vbbT.png

Awesome Sarah so long looks like you are close to ankle floor.♡♡♡ inspirational trying myself.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2019, 01:48 AM
Awesome Sarah so long looks like you are close to ankle floor.♡♡♡ inspirational trying myself.

Keep growing, Xan! :D

Milady_DeWinter
May 17th, 2019, 03:50 AM
Yesterday I wore crown braids for the second time, they lasted until I unmade them at night! It's such a somfy style. I have been just wearing LWB for weeks, so it was a nice change.

i took some pics too!

https://i.imgur.com/hUV2s5ll.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V8DlNAjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S4KwJbVl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9fuc6KZl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3EFOq8Gl.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2019, 04:03 AM
So lovely, Milady! They suit you perfectly! :crush:

blackgothicdoll
May 17th, 2019, 05:13 AM
When you really want to put up a photo ...or 6... here's the place for it!

I washed my hair this morning, let it air dry, combed it and:

https://i.imgur.com/qrmo55I.jpg

with the help of a pile of cardboard boxes can now use the timer and take photos outside!

I accidentally clicked on the first page and can only saw wow. I scrolled back and forth a few times to make sure it was your picture! That was only 6 years ago? And your hair now :thud: it's such a huge difference, not just in the obvious length but the colors as well!

I often don't see before afters so it seems like the super long hairs have always had super long hair. It's so nice and inspiring to see such a drastic change and know it really is possible.

What do you think of your own hair transformation? Did you ever have trouble growing out your hair?

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2019, 05:33 AM
I accidentally clicked on the first page and can only saw wow. I scrolled back and forth a few times to make sure it was your picture! That was only 6 years ago? And your hair now :thud: it's such a huge difference, not just in the obvious length but the colors as well!

I often don't see before afters so it seems like the super long hairs have always had super long hair. It's so nice and inspiring to see such a drastic change and know it really is possible.

What do you think of your own hair transformation? Did you ever have trouble growing out your hair?

It's true, you do always think of super long hairs as always having had super long hair! I haven't really had trouble growing my hair, I just look after it and use lots of Patience - the best way to do it, I think. I had two big stress induced sheds during that time and lost a lot of hair, which was enormously frustrating - but couldn't be helped. The good thing is that I didn't cut shorter afterwards, though I badly wanted to (I told myself that cutting back wouldn't help me reach my goal length). Overall I am now pretty happy with my hair, my one gripe is that of having thin ends but I know that when I begin maintaining they should begin to thicken up more. In any case, my thick new growth hair is continually moving downwards and that's always progress! I take Gossamer as my inspiration :D

By the way, I don't feel like a super long hair :p I wonder if I ever will.

Ligeia Noire
May 17th, 2019, 06:28 AM
Yesterday I wore crown braids for the second time, they lasted until I unmade them at night! It's such a somfy style. I have been just wearing LWB for weeks, so it was a nice change.

i took some pics too!

https://i.imgur.com/hUV2s5ll.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V8DlNAjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S4KwJbVl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9fuc6KZl.jpg

You are gorgeous and the crown braids are gorgeous.

Stray_mind
May 17th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Pretty Milady.

My hair certainly likes it when i wash it upside down and rinse with cool water. I almost have no frizz.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36927&d=1558098112

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36928&d=1558098131

milosmomma
May 17th, 2019, 07:30 AM
Milady you and your mane look beautiful as usual :)
Straymind your natural color is definitely taking over and becoming the dominant color. Your waves also look spot on

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Pretty Milady.

My hair certainly likes it when i wash it upside down and rinse with cool water. I almost have no frizz.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36927&d=1558098112

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36928&d=1558098131

Your hair is so delicately pretty, and such beautiful colour graduation from light to dark. :D

lapushka
May 17th, 2019, 07:47 AM
thanks lapushka <3

https://i.imgur.com/UIHFXHg.jpg

I know it's hard (with standing) if you can't or have problems with it. :flower:

I think you did make TBL, if it's not classic already!

milosmomma
May 17th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Wow Xan your hair is gorgeous and I think for sure TBL

I always loved curly braid tassels but could never get mine to do so, they usually come out straight, but behold...
https://i.imgur.com/Qbq710hl.jpg
Ive been having better hair days since re-introducing ACV to my routine, I think that's responsible for the wurl-splosion

lapushka
May 17th, 2019, 08:12 AM

Such a nice style on you. Love the way you dress! :D

Stray_mind
May 17th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Milady you and your mane look beautiful as usual :)
Straymind your natural color is definitely taking over and becoming the dominant color. Your waves also look spot on

Your hair is so delicately pretty, and such beautiful colour graduation from light to dark. :D

Thank you both :flower:

Milosomma - congratulations on achieving the wurly tassels :crush:
They look lovely.

blackgothicdoll
May 17th, 2019, 08:55 AM
It's true, you do always think of super long hairs as always having had super long hair! I haven't really had trouble growing my hair, I just look after it and use lots of Patience - the best way to do it, I think. I had two big stress induced sheds during that time and lost a lot of hair, which was enormously frustrating - but couldn't be helped. The good thing is that I didn't cut shorter afterwards, though I badly wanted to (I told myself that cutting back wouldn't help me reach my goal length). Overall I am now pretty happy with my hair, my one gripe is that of having thin ends but I know that when I begin maintaining they should begin to thicken up more. In any case, my thick new growth hair is continually moving downwards and that's always progress! I take Gossamer as my inspiration :D

By the way, I don't feel like a super long hair :p I wonder if I ever will.

Thanks for the response and that's wonderful advice. I know many (including myself) feel the need to cut after things like sheds, though I tend to have other hair issues, I've read enough on this forum to realize that it's not always necessary to cut back. I often think, if I would just stop cutting my hair it'd probably grow. Pretty simple, lol!

Yes, your hair is gorgeous so I'm glad you are happy with it. I do wonder how long your hair would have to be when you will feel it's long :confused: Floor length? Doorway length? Driveway length, maybe? :rollin:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 18th, 2019, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the response and that's wonderful advice. I know many (including myself) feel the need to cut after things like sheds, though I tend to have other hair issues, I've read enough on this forum to realize that it's not always necessary to cut back. I often think, if I would just stop cutting my hair it'd probably grow. Pretty simple, lol!

Yes, your hair is gorgeous so I'm glad you are happy with it. I do wonder how long your hair would have to be when you will feel it's long :confused: Floor length? Doorway length? Driveway length, maybe? :rollin:

Haha! Oh, I think it's long! Just not - super long! Silly, isn't it? Maybe at floor length? Who knows? :rollin:

Begemot
May 18th, 2019, 02:52 AM
Wow Xan your hair is gorgeous and I think for sure TBL

I always loved curly braid tassels but could never get mine to do so, they usually come out straight, but behold...
https://i.imgur.com/Qbq710hl.jpg
Ive been having better hair days since re-introducing ACV to my routine, I think that's responsible for the wurl-splosion

That is gorgeous, I love curly tassels too! :heart:

amiraaah
May 18th, 2019, 11:09 PM
It’s been a while since i posted here.gorgeous hair everybody :)
Today i conditioned my hair with a shea butter+avocado oil mask and i’m so happy with the result.
https://i.postimg.cc/LsHGbf6n/13308892-44-D9-4-B08-A361-8-A5-C350-CFCFC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/RWDP3WtB)

shaluwm_agape
May 18th, 2019, 11:25 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31572&d=1525718691
Last May

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36949&d=1558131086
Today

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2019, 02:12 AM
Today i conditioned my hair with a shea butter+avocado oil mask and i’m so happy with the result.

[QUOTE=
Last May

Today[/QUOTE]

Amazing, both of you :)

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2019, 03:13 AM
Thanks sarah ! Everyone's hair looks amazing

lapushka
May 19th, 2019, 06:04 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/LsHGbf6n/13308892-44-D9-4-B08-A361-8-A5-C350-CFCFC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/RWDP3WtB)

Looks like your hair just drank it up! Gorgeous, amiraaah!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31572&d=1525718691
Last May

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36949&d=1558131086
Today

That is quite some progress! Looks great! :D

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Looks like your hair just drank it up! Gorgeous, amiraaah!

That is quite some progress! Looks great! :D

Thanks to the no trim challenge :) Still going strong

Solgave
May 19th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Beautiful Solgave. Is it your natural colour?
I get asked that a lot :flower: Yes it is

Solgave
May 19th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Oooh very pretty. What did you try (conditioner)? :D
I tried the Sunsilk Shine Bright shampoo and conditioner. It was cheap and I thought it was worth a try. I do not like the shampoo, but the conditioner is nice :)

amiraaah
May 19th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Thank you sarah and lapushka yes my hair loved that mask finally i found a mask that works well with my hair :cheer:

iforgotmylogin
May 20th, 2019, 02:32 AM
Dude bangs #2: The brushening (bonus face reveal)

https://i.postimg.cc/0xWX7pj8/IMG-20190512-232350.jpg

Slowly turning into my avatar

lapushka
May 20th, 2019, 04:08 AM
I tried the Sunsilk Shine Bright shampoo and conditioner. It was cheap and I thought it was worth a try. I do not like the shampoo, but the conditioner is nice :)

We can no longer get Sunsilk here, but I always loved their conditioners. I don't think I ever had a shampoo by them. :)

spitfire511
May 20th, 2019, 07:12 AM
Just for giggles left my 2nd Conditioner in after ROO yesterday and then did styling lotion and gel... a bit of scrunching and air dry - I forget how wavy/wurly this hair can be! Would be curlier if I continue in this vein - don't know if I will but it's fun every so often!!
https://i.imgur.com/HT8hAc7l.jpg

Ylva
May 20th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Such lovely, chunky waves, spitfire!

lapushka
May 20th, 2019, 07:25 AM
spitfire, I think it looks amazing! :)