PDA

View Full Version : Where is your favorite Place to S&D?

Happytresses
February 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
My favorite place is in my car. I get the best light and since the inside is black I get a clear view without straining my eyes. The morning time is the best time of all. I sometimes sit in the parking lot at work for about 5 minutes and do a quick run through. Its just as good as a cup of coffee and of course I have a small scissor in my car. I have one at my desk at work too. How many S&D tools do you have laying around?;)

longNred
February 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I only have one pair of hair scissors. my favorite place is outside, on my patio, in the bright sun. however, being winter... I haven't S&D'd in a while.

PeacenQuietGal
February 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I'm with Happytresses; the car is the easiest place, and I also have a black interior which does indeed help. I also find that my car is my favorite place to tweeze my brows for all the same reasons!

AspenSong
February 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I like the car as well, seems like that's always where I am when I spot splits! But I like in front of my computer as well. If I put up a webpage that's got a light, bright background (like this one for example) and hold my hair sections up, it's backlights my hair perfectly and I can see every single split. So I often just open up LHC and turn on music and sit here and snip. :)

trolleypup
February 7th, 2013, 07:27 PM
My favorite place is in my car. I get the best light and since the inside is black I get a clear view without straining my eyes. The morning time is the best time of all. I sometimes sit in the parking lot at work for about 5 minutes and do a quick run through. Its just as good as a cup of coffee and of course I have a small scissor in my car. I have one at my desk at work too. How many S&D tools do you have laying around?;)
I forgot until yesterday[1] just how fabulous the driver's seat of a transit bus is for S&D. Big windows, spacious work area, steering wheel tilts out of the way, wonderful shadowed area with a black background.

Of course, having non-driving time and good sunlight don't intersect very often![2]

[1] The Training Department needed a bus on hand for handicapped access demonstrations, and my job was to get the bus, drive it over, and babysit it while the students were not on the bus.

[2] Almost never, now that I am a trainer, and normally I am riding along while instructing the students.

lunalocks
February 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Aspen song, I just tried this and it's great! (the computer screen). However, if I leave little snippets on the keyboard, DH is likely to kidnap my scissors!

Sharysa
February 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mine is the bathroom. It's got all-white and shiny walls, and I usually like to S&D sitting in the bathtub so I can just wet the tub and sweep everything up with toilet paper.

Shorty89
February 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
On the toilet :lol: It has great light, and my pjs are black offering a great view of my split ends haha.

MORE
February 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
In front of my computer! Or on the couch if the light is right outside, I then use the windows as my "screen". :)

lol although the BEST places is where I absolutely can't S&D, like in the uni lunchroom.

spirals
February 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
My easy chair is right next to a sliding glass door. If it's sunny I can S&D while watching TV.

owlathena
February 8th, 2013, 01:10 AM
In front of my computer screen with a bright white background seems to be the best place for me. I always see splits in the car but I never have my scissors on me. I have one nice pair (they were $40) and two cheaper pairs of hair scissors (they were each $8 ). I should keep a cheap pair in the car.

Kittykins
February 8th, 2013, 01:41 AM
In front of the computer or in the garden on a sunny day.

Kleine Mädchen
February 8th, 2013, 01:59 AM
May favorite place is the drivers seat of my car with the sun shining (as much as I detest the sun >< ). Though, every time I do spot these splits I NEVER have scissors with me! But the few times that I come prepared, I either spot NONE or only a few :(

Loreley
February 8th, 2013, 02:54 AM
At my desk, while watching (listening to) a movie on my laptop. :D

jacqueline101
February 8th, 2013, 06:57 AM
In my kitchen in front of my bay window with plenty of sunshine.

rock007junkie
February 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
By the window when the sun is high. Can see them perfectly like that

jojo
February 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
In my front room in front of my computer.