PDA

View Full Version : Oils for blondes

monika
February 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
What oils are good for blonde hair that does not darken the hair? I know that coconut oil and castor oil darkens my hair.

kitschy
February 7th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Try mineral oil. Just a very few drops do the trick for me, and helps brighten my gray/blonde.

Shebelina
February 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I use mineral oil myself, I find it enhances the tones in my hair rather than darken it. It makes it super shiny too. I don't use a huge amount though, three drops maximum, any more and my hair doesn't soak it all up which can make it look darker.

Shebelina
February 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
You just beat me to it kitschy :D

Carolyn
February 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I like camellia oil. It's a clear oil. I steer clear of any oil with a yellowish or brownish color. I wasn't impressed with baby oil or mineral oil :shrug:

Tota
February 7th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Here burdock oil is very popular amongst blondes. I'm seriously thinking about trying it myself.

Rosetta
February 7th, 2013, 09:01 AM
What oils are good for blonde hair that does not darken the hair? I know that coconut oil and castor oil darkens my hair.
I love coconut oil, and haven't noticed any darkening... :? And actually this is the first time I've heard about it darkening anyone's hair...

I know oils with amla may do that (though I'd still use them on my scalp), but other than that I don't think oils have a darkening effect. Permanently, I mean - of course hair will look darker if it's slathered in oil ;)

monika
February 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the recommendations!

louzen
February 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I've tried coconut, olive oil, jojoba oil and emu oil and none of them have darkened my hair. You have to make sure you wash them off properly. If any oil is left on the hair, it will *appear* to be darker, but it hasn't changed the colour permanently.