PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a new dinglehopper....

spirals
February 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
:D Thread title inspired by this: http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/this-couple-really-really-loves-disney-slideshow/disney-couple-wedding-photo--1498996632.html

I decided I need a comb for detangling before brushing out my hair when it's dry (curls). I was out shopping and this looked interesting:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5120/0206200902.jpg

Does anyone else have this? It's supposed to be for curly hair. The edges seem smooth enough. It has two sets of tines.

starlamelissa
February 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just wanted to add, I also love Disney that much, and get called Ariel often by friends.

As for your dingle hopper... My sister in law uses one to de tangle post shower and really likes it. I think con air in general makes some nice seamless stuff.

Fairlight63
February 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM
That comb looks really tempting! I have 2a- really fine hair- tbl hair - that is so hard to comb even with a large tooth comb.
You have to let us know how you like it!

wishywashy
February 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
As long as there are no seams it should work fine. I only detangle when my hair is wet and with leave in conditioner. I have 2c-3a hair.

spirals
February 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM
After my curls dried I tested it out. It glided through with virtually no breakage. So it's a go for non-wash day. Sometimes I like to turn my curls into waves.

teal
February 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I have a similar one. I love it! Can't believe I finally found it after years of struggling with regular combs and brushes.

Naiadryade
February 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Am I seeing correctly that the short tines curve away from us, and the long ones curve toward us? That's really interesting. Are you supposed to use it in a particular direction (long vs short tines first)? Why do the curving tines of 2 lengths help? :hmm:

Also--I wonder how many of us knew the subject's reference before reading the post. Or maybe more accurately here... I wonder if anyone didn't! :silly:

spirals
February 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM
The tines are the same length, but yes, they curve out on each side. I don't know why it's made that way, but it works, so yay!

Luminaria
February 7th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I have one! It's not as effective as the more smaller sized one. These types of combs detangle well, but the smaller one can be hard to clean.
BTW, I thought 'dinglehopper' was a new hairtoy :p

teal
February 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM
The ends of the tines still line up like a regular comb. Each tine just has a bend in it near where it connects to the comb handle, and the bends alternate direction with each tine. My theory about why it works so well is that there is more room for the uncombed section of hair to pass through, so a tangle or bump that would ordinarily halt the comb because it's too big to go between tines would pass by. This would especially matter for curlies where the hair is not ever inclined to "straighten up", lol. :)

I have one with shorter tines than in the picture. I found it was SO much easier to comb my hair. I wasnt even expecting it to be anything other than a regular comb so it was a shock, to say the least. A pleasant surprise!

lapushka
February 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
These kinds of combs tangle my hair. I don't know how it does it, but it somehow does. :(

longNred
February 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
i've never tried a comb like that. but your thread title made me laugh. ALOT

Vrindi
February 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I used to use one of those all the time and it was awesome. I've stopped combing my hair wet, and only use a wooden or bamboo comb now, but that one you got is pretty great.

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I love that dingle hopper.

rowie
February 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I have one as well, but I still use my wooden body shop comb more and also my tangle teezer over it. It works well on my waves, but I find it to be so big or ginormous at times that I feel silly combing my hair with it. It does work great though. At least it's not as heavy as the Ouidad double comb from Sephora.

spirals
February 8th, 2013, 04:58 AM
i've never tried a comb like that. but your thread title made me laugh. ALOT Ninety percent of the reason I posted this was to make y'all laugh. :lol: :cheese:

Kelikea
February 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM
I have two combs like that and have been using them for years. They are really good for combing out wet hair.