PDA

View Full Version : Updo for Job Interview - Tomorrow!

sarelis
February 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I have an interview in the morning for a job that I DESPERATELY want! It's completely different from what I am used to, having previously worked with horses. This will be a mainly office based job, arranging air transport for cats and dogs whose owners are moving or holidaying overseas. Every interview I have had in the past has involved turning up in jodhpurs and boots, a quick chat and a cuppa then out onto the yard, so I'm right out of my comfort zone. I have sorted an outfit, smart black trousers, black ankle boots with a small (2") heel, a really cute cream blouse with tiny black swans printed on it & a black jacket, now I need to do something with my hair! It's freshly washed and I've done my roots lol, I want an updo as I think it will look neater (and I don't want to invite thoughts of "OMG she's mid 30's with hair down to her a$$, non-conformist!!"), and I have a lovely turquoise blue and gold Ficcare primavera which I got off the swap board recently that I was planning to wear. Any ideas for a chic and polished looking bun that I can use it with?

PetuniaBlossom
February 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM
My favorite is the Nautilus. I think it would look nice and professional, not too elaborate.
Good luck, I hope you get the job!

sarelis
February 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Ah, I had a practice at the nautilus a few weeks ago and managed it, I had forgotten about that one, thank you! :) I was thinking of doing a seashell but it doesn't look right with the ficcare

Chromis
February 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
My favourite updo is the log roll and it looks especially great with a Ficcare. Very professional looking and polished.

DancingQueen
February 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
How about something like this:

http://www.mairzydozy.com/hair-forks-designer/72264213/metal-hair-fork-blue-moon-sliver-tone-tree-branches-hair-pin-hair-stick/

It looks simple, polished and elegant. I would definitely say this is appropriate for a job interview. Good luck, I hope you get the job! :)

ETA: I mean the hairstyle shown underneath the large pic.

Phalaenopsis
February 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Maybe this one? This was my favourite when going on interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4huFucxYI

We call it a wrap bun in Dutch and Flemish, but I don't know if it is the same as a wrap bun on LHC.

furnival
February 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Good luck with the interview! Hope you find a style that gives you confidence :)

sarelis
February 6th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes! I like the idea of a log roll & the wrap bun seems like a good choice, that Mairzydozy fork bun is lovely but I feel it's a little softer and more, I dunno, romantic? I want to go for something a bit more polished looking ( I'm figuring that if I at least look professional & businesslike they might somehow forget I've spent the majority of my working life covered in mud & horse muck :D) Luckily it isn't too early so I'll have time for a play. Thanks for the suggestions!

natt i nord
February 6th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I'll make your decision even worse and suggest a braided bun :p ;)

I wish you best of luck! :flower:

Madora
February 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
The rope braided bun you sport in your avatar pic looks like a winner to me! Good luck!

ghost
February 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I like doing rose buns, or a sock bun with a braid around the base. Best of luck with your interview!

jacqueline101
February 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I like a polished traditional bun.

sarelis
February 7th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks for all the ideas! I went with the log roll in the end, it looked great with my ficcare :) I think I did pretty well in the interview, will find out in a couple of weeks, so thanks for all the well wishes too :)